Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
rthy
Forums Junkie

January 2004
wtf is a jabber? a punch line?
Anti-Drift FACTION Sun, 30 January 2005 14:27 Go to next message
Quote:

I've watched the drifting culture expand over recent times, and while I originally paid no attention to it, I have noticed its slow contamination of our society. I see subpar anime like Initial D glorify drifting, convincing fools that the fastest way around mountain roads requires drifting. I read various drift messageboards online, with young people brainwashed by the drift culture saying a small and efficient Japanese car can easily beat powerful American cars simply by drifting. I hear various stories about teenagers trying to drift and show off around full hotel parking lots, nearly crashing and harming people (and cars) within their vincinity.

http://www.teampseg.com/adf/

i came across this site while looking for online comics (roadwaffles, marilith, etc...)

its looks like some racegame sim player :S who has made some anti drift site but brings out some good points in the real world like the above
  Send a private message to this user    
no_tofu_speed
Forums Junkie

August 2003
Jab what?!!?!
Re: Anti-Drift FACTION Sun, 30 January 2005 15:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
It is true drifting is not fastest way around amountain pass or a circuit and some idiots attempt it in wrong areas, however....

Quote:

I read various drift messageboards online, with young people brainwashed by the drift culture saying a small and efficient Japanese car can easily beat powerful American cars simply by drifting.

The phrase I have highlighted, seems to point out this guys real reason for hate I believe.

Jap built machines Vs American muscle cars... And the bigger the engine the better the car menality...

[Updated on: Sun, 30 January 2005 15:31]

EldarO
Forums Junkie

December 2004
Re: Anti-Drift FACTION Sun, 30 January 2005 16:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
doesnt drifting keep the boost up on high powered turbo cars? where turbo lags a son of a bitch?
THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: Anti-Drift FACTION Sun, 30 January 2005 20:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
EldarO wrote on Mon, 31 January 2005 03:53

doesnt drifting keep the boost up on high powered turbo cars? where turbo lags a son of a bitch?

Rolling Eyes
Yian
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

August 2004
Re: Anti-Drift FACTION Mon, 31 January 2005 01:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
EldarO wrote on Mon, 31 January 2005 03:53

I would've thought that is what a gearbox is for. Keeping the right rev range and 'high powered turbo cars' on boost?
riceburna73
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: Anti-Drift FACTION Mon, 31 January 2005 01:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeh there will be lot of haten to come,really just due to the tryhard factor,the amount of civics ive seen with drifter stickers makes me cringe and is probably one reason I laugh at most cars attempting to look like a drift machine..its always going to be a problem for the scene which is a really awsome sport!
rustfree
Regular

May 2004
Re: Anti-Drift FACTION Mon, 31 January 2005 07:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi! Havent been on this forum for a while. I reckon this debate is going to be a long and tedious one in the near future. Whether it's a sport or not and what its purpose is etc.

One thing that i believe drifters are going to have to face as an obsticle in the near future is how drifting might damage the surface of some of the race tracks it uses. Having seen how synthetic tyre softeners have been banned throughout class racing because of the so called damage to track surfaces, I will be interested to see what some have to say when maintenance is due to places and someoine says "it's because we rent the track to drifters".

It happened with some tracks and truck racing, I'm not saying drifting is damamging to the surface, but I bet someone does.
Crying or Very Sad
Evan
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: Anti-Drift FACTION Mon, 31 January 2005 08:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
riceburna73 wrote on Mon, 31 January 2005 12:55

yeh there will be lot of haten to come,really just due to the tryhard factor,the amount of civics ive seen with drifter stickers makes me cringe and is probably one reason I laugh at most cars attempting to look like a drift machine..its always going to be a problem for the scene which is a really awsome sport!

Yeh lol. I saw one of those Ford laser sedans with NOS seat covers and drift stickers on the back not too mention sexy wheel covers. FFS. Sad
ae86drift
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

August 2002

Re: Anti-Drift FACTION Mon, 31 January 2005 14:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
omg Laughing Laughing Laughing

this thread = teh funnay
tyottsoarer
Regular

June 2004
Re: Anti-Drift FACTION Mon, 31 January 2005 14:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I thought this was a joke when he mentioned video games... I can't believe how stupid and asinine that page is.
WANTED_AE86
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: Anti-Drift FACTION Mon, 31 January 2005 17:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sigh the world of keyboard warriors....

im a keyboard warrior too... except this keyboard will be up his ass if i do see this fag in person..

*dickheads
b1gb3n
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

June 2004
Re: Anti-Drift FACTION Mon, 31 January 2005 20:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
he has his email add, msn etc given there. any ideas?? Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
Evan
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: Anti-Drift FACTION Mon, 31 January 2005 21:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Already ahead of you mate. lol
no_tofu_speed
Forums Junkie

August 2003
Jab what?!!?!
Re: Anti-Drift FACTION Tue, 01 February 2005 01:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Muhahaha Evan u straightup clown! lol
HyDrA
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Anti-Drift FACTION Tue, 01 February 2005 01:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Haha.. a site for people who don't like the way other people drive fast... sideways!

American cars are boring.
Toobs
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

December 2002

Re: Anti-Drift FACTION Tue, 01 February 2005 01:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Haha they don't even drive real cars... I may have given them a little credit if they drove "real" cars but that line about "sim drivers" just made me laugh so hard!
rthy
Forums Junkie

January 2004
Re: Anti-Drift FACTION Tue, 01 February 2005 03:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
to many ricers....

dam states, watch dem rice videos and u know wat i mean
http://www.maj.com/gallery/muxmetal/weird-car/ricecar/550820_19_full.jpg
b1gb3n
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

June 2004
Re: Anti-Drift FACTION Tue, 01 February 2005 03:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sim drivers is a game?? anybody played b4? good game?
Toobs
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

December 2002

Re: Anti-Drift FACTION Tue, 01 February 2005 03:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
rthy wrote on Tue, 01 February 2005 14:27

to many ricers....

Daaaamn!!!
Ironing board... never thought of that before.
Karl better watch the pimpmobile or its getting an ironing board REAL soon!
Evan
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: Anti-Drift FACTION Tue, 01 February 2005 04:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
rthy wrote on Tue, 01 February 2005 14:27

to many ricers....

lmao
bathurst-91
Forums Junkie

April 2004

Re: Anti-Drift FACTION Tue, 01 February 2005 04:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
"We believe drifting has no place in motorsport, or in any form of popular culture. It's a careless and dangerous practice that attracts immature and uneducated people, and encourages them to handle a vehicle in an irresponsible manner."

Laughing

I think Im going to start an Anti-American Faction....

I believe that ignorant over self confident Americans have no place on this planet. They are a careless and dangerous people who act immature and are uneducated, and this encourages them to act in an irresponsible manner.

So they shall be cast into the sea immediately.

Note; Thread may contain traces of sarcasm.
May also contain 100ml of truth.
ShiRi
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: Anti-Drift FACTION Tue, 01 February 2005 05:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
guys... drop it... ppl posted on club4ag some convo's they had with him and they failed to own him at all... he always maintained during his chat that he's only against drifting in a computer game.

there is no point emailing him cause you're not the first to do so... i think u'll see a hatemail section on that webpage soon...

ffs... the guy drives a neon... it doesn't matter what he thinks!

drift is gay anyway... Cool

[Updated on: Tue, 01 February 2005 05:08]

Evan
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: Anti-Drift FACTION Tue, 01 February 2005 05:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Laughing thats good to hear.
Shiftlock
Regular

Banned User

October 2004
Re: Anti-Drift FACTION Tue, 01 February 2005 11:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
"""" We're a group of people who wish to see an end to needless drifting. Recently, the act of 'drifting' a car by having it slide sideways through turns has become immensely popular. Some people even say drifting will become a staple in the future of motorsport. Not only does the Anti-Drift Faction believe this is a careless and wasteful practice, but we do not wish to see drifting events infect our culture and poison the masses any further. """"

what a complete tosser
tyottsoarer
Regular

June 2004
Re: Anti-Drift FACTION Tue, 01 February 2005 13:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I find drifting in gran tursimo 3 to be a greater challenge then keeping the car straight and gran turismo is the most realistic driving game I've played.

And what culture is he referring to if he is only against drifting in games? Video game culture? Internet nerd culture? Last I checked there were no driving games dedicated to drifting. Even in NFSU, the most stereotypical rice racer game in the world, drifting round the corner slows you down. Despite the fact that the game does promote drifting.

Also, the paragraph shiftlock highlight sounds like something from some sort of antisemitic or white power group proclamation.
WANTED_AE86
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: Anti-Drift FACTION Tue, 01 February 2005 16:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
so shiri... drifting is shit...

whats with the "you buying an lsd" story?

Laughing
Mookie
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: Anti-Drift FACTION Tue, 01 February 2005 22:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
[quote/Also, the paragraph shiftlock highlight sounds like something from some sort of antisemitic or white power group proclamation.
[/quote]
Does it ever !
rthy
Forums Junkie

January 2004
Re: Anti-Drift FACTION Wed, 02 February 2005 01:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
WANTED_AE86 wrote on Wed, 02 February 2005 03:47

Laughing

4ac burnouts!
EldarO
Forums Junkie

December 2004
Re: Anti-Drift FACTION Wed, 02 February 2005 01:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
tyottsoarer wrote on Tue, 01 February 2005 21:08

Last I checked there were no driving games dedicated to drifting. Even in NFSU, the most stereotypical rice racer game in the world, drifting round the corner slows you down. Despite the fact that the game does promote drifting.

last i checked, there was, powerslide, NFSU, NFSU 2, project gotham racing, project gotham 2 etc. etc.

if any group of people like something, chances are, somethings been made to satisfy their need... i.e., where theres money to be made, people are there making it
BlackGT4
Regular

February 2005
Re: Anti-Drift FACTION Wed, 02 February 2005 02:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i've watched a couple of drift videos at a few places and i gotta say it can be quite funny seeing them lose their front/rear spoilers at times..
as cool as drifting looks, i'd definatly not try it in my car.
ShiRi
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: Anti-Drift FACTION Wed, 02 February 2005 02:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
WANTED_AE86 wrote on Wed, 02 February 2005 03:47

Laughing

so i can put 'DRIFTER IN CAR' stickers all over my car and have thorpie say it's fully sick!
RA28
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Anti-Drift FACTION Wed, 02 February 2005 02:58 Go to previous message
ShiRi wrote on Wed, 02 February 2005 13:20

so i can put 'DRIFTER IN CAR' stickers all over my car and have thorpie say it's fully sick!

Classic...

You people should relax more. Stop jumping down everyones throat that doesn't agree with you. There are many other, well supported views in this world, and most of them will conflict with ours. Just accept it, it's what makes the world great. So weather he's worried the drift brigade is going to ruin his precious GT4, he modofied his excel, or he thinks vehicular performance increases expodentially to the CI capicty of his engine, leave him alone.

Sometimes I'm ashamed to be part of these forums...

Tim.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Please convert Inches to Cms?
Next Topic:The "too much crap" thread - who else has this problem?
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Tue May 7 10:05:04 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0066080093383789 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.