Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Classifieds » Cars For Sale & Wanted » fs: ae70 sprinter [lsd/5spd/rust] - perth $500

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
caibs
Occasional Poster

January 2005
what?
fs: ae70 sprinter [lsd/5spd/rust] - perth $500 Sun, 30 January 2005 10:46 Go to next message
g'day i just got a nice yellow decoration on my window of my ae70 sprinter i bought 3 days ago!

so, basically heres a run down.
1982 ae70 import
3a-u carb engine
5 speed manual
front disc brakes
it has lsd.
drives pretty damn well too, has an oil leak.
battery is fine

lotsa body rust, its a lost cause unless you can weld and can be bothered. a 4age will drop straight into this.

it will be officially unreged on friday at 9am.

so, for about a week or so, this puppy will be up for sale (whole)

if i dont sell it, i'll sell parts off at a slightly higher price just to cover a couple of costs.

pics:
http://ii.net/~pdds/ae701.JPG
http://ii.net/~pdds/ae702.JPG
http://ii.net/~pdds/ae703.JPG

$500 ono

0438927605 - must say your from these forums, its advertised at a higher price elsewhere but i know you blokes can put the stuff to a better use.

[Updated on: Wed, 02 February 2005 00:44]

Send a private message to this user    
AE86slut
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: fs: ae70 sprinter Sun, 30 January 2005 11:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Very attractive car you have there... Confused

Might be better in the cars for sale section.
caibs
Occasional Poster

January 2005
what?
Re: fs: ae70 sprinter Sun, 30 January 2005 23:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
whoops sorry mate.

for those who dont already know, this is the gearbox that bolts straight onto the fwd 4age's and makes it rwd.

el bumpo`
bunkyT18
Forums Junkie

November 2004
Re: fs: ae70 sprinter Mon, 31 January 2005 01:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Where are you located?
Lench
Forums Junkie

August 2003

Re: fs: ae70 sprinter Mon, 31 January 2005 02:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
damn this is nice. funny how i can afford it yet not able to afford fixing it up Mad
good luck to whoever gets this looks like it can be a very interesting project
good luck with the sale
WA_TRD_83
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: fs: ae70 sprinter Mon, 31 January 2005 04:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
caibs - whats the yellow for??
What sort of effort would it take to pass the pits?

where abouts in Perth are you? may have a look if my mate is interested...

Damo
TRD 83
caibs
Occasional Poster

January 2005
what?
Re: fs: ae70 sprinter Mon, 31 January 2005 12:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
the yellow is for:
rust
battery not tied down properly (screw came off, big fucken deal)
oil leak

you'd need to:
patch the rust up - not a massive job but not too small either
use a can of degreaser on the engine
replace exhaust manifold gasket (air leak) cops didnt pick it up but the pits probably would.
(or put a 4age in to solve those 2 problems)
and vacuum the sucker.

you could probably get away with it if you just patched the rust and degreased it.

i'm located in south perth, pm me if you want to see it in the flesh.

i just put 6 months rego on it too, so i'll be handing in the plates for a refund if no one buys it by thursday.

[Updated on: Mon, 31 January 2005 12:20]

WA_TRD_83
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: fs: ae70 sprinter Mon, 31 January 2005 13:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hmmm..
man.. pretty tempting - but I already have so many projects on the go - and not enough money!! Rolling Eyes

Max i can offer is about $200.. unlicensed..
I know thats a pretty sucky offer - but if you get desperate - I'll take it off your hands - complete that is.

Let me know if your interested and I'll arrange a time to come have a look.

Cheers
Damo
TRD 83
caibs
Occasional Poster

January 2005
what?
Re: fs: ae70 sprinter Mon, 31 January 2005 13:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well, if i dont sell it by friday its yours mate, i was considering keeping the gearbox, diff and k frame but i seriously cant be bothered removing them.

if anyone can bring me more than $200 by friday its theirs.

i'll drop it at their house and take the plates.

[Updated on: Mon, 31 January 2005 14:32]

bunkyT18
Forums Junkie

November 2004
Re: fs: ae70 sprinter Tue, 01 February 2005 01:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Um of course it's in Perth (dopey me). I'd give ya more than $200 but it would take me a little while to organise freight. How does $300 sound? I'd need to get you to drop it off at Lawlers transport.
WA_TRD_83
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: fs: ae70 sprinter Tue, 01 February 2005 03:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
caibs - I'll keep an eye on your post - let me know if you sell in the meantime...

It obviously still drives alright then hey?..

If there's no other takers, I'll pick it up on Saturday or somethin.
PM your address - i might come past and have a look at some stage during the week?..

cheers
Damo
TRD 83
bunkyT18
Forums Junkie

November 2004
Re: fs: ae70 sprinter Tue, 01 February 2005 04:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jeez TRD, it's not like you need another car mate...
WA_TRD_83
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: fs: ae70 sprinter Tue, 01 February 2005 04:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Razz
yeah - I know that too... I really should resist

but technically its not for me, I have a mate that could use a run around.. I'll just have to fix it up and get it on the road! Rolling Eyes

bunkyT18
Forums Junkie

November 2004
Re: fs: ae70 sprinter Tue, 01 February 2005 06:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hmm I'll pass then as I got enuff to keep me busy. Your mate needs a ride and I really don't Rolling Eyes . Saw one of these little cars on a Hi Octane DVD. Dorifto! Dunno what it had in it but it was doing the longest drifty bits. It fuggen hammered!

[Updated on: Tue, 01 February 2005 06:52]

driftae86
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: fs: ae70 sprinter Tue, 01 February 2005 09:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
would this really have a LSD?

would the rear end fit into an ae86?
caibs
Occasional Poster

January 2005
what?
Re: fs: ae70 sprinter Tue, 01 February 2005 09:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
im preeeeetty sure it has lsd, but not 100% it doesnt handle like an open wheeler, quite controllable. it would fit in ae86 i think but once again im not too sure mate.

it drives great, i drive it to and from work still. (get laughed at for the sticker though..)

i'm acutally growing fond of it, i feel like a rally driver in it. it has to go though, whoever wants it just hit me up with some cash money and its theirs.
jesseT18
Forums Junkie

February 2004
Re: fs: ae70 sprinter Tue, 01 February 2005 09:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
if you can confirm it has a lsd this thing would be long gone
pull up your driveway and along the gutter so 2 wheels on road, 2 wheels on dirt/grass and see if you get one wheel spinning, definately be worth the efforit in the long run!
caibs
Occasional Poster

January 2005
what?
Re: fs: ae70 sprinter Tue, 01 February 2005 09:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well you probably shouldnt have told me that, its definately got lsd.

im gonna have to raise the price guys, even i know how rare that shit is.

first one to bring me over $500 can have the whole car.
WA_TRD_83
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: fs: ae70 sprinter Tue, 01 February 2005 10:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
$500 now??!
thanks for ruining a bargain jessetamsett!!

caibs - unfortunately this is way over my budget now.. but I'm sure you'll find someone else to purchase it due to your new found knowledge.

saves me some cash too.. I really should be focusing on my own projects - not someone elses!! Razz

goodluck with sale

DAMO
TRD 83
caibs
Occasional Poster

January 2005
what?
Re: fs: ae70 sprinter Tue, 01 February 2005 11:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
no worries mate, pm me your phone number and if i dont sell it soon i'll keep you in mind.
jesseT18
Forums Junkie

February 2004
Re: fs: ae70 sprinter Tue, 01 February 2005 11:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hahah WOOPS sorry guys!
is it a t serier rear though?
disc or drum?

i heard those t series lsd's are worth next to nothin... Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

oh any for all your murderous ae86 guys, jessetamsett is my FAKE name Rolling Eyes

[Updated on: Tue, 01 February 2005 11:35]

caibs
Occasional Poster

January 2005
what?
Re: fs: ae70 sprinter Tue, 01 February 2005 12:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i spoke to a mechanic who used to work for kendric racing so he's not a expert on toyota's but he said it will fit a ae86. everything is the same on this car (box,diff,driveshaft,k frame, engine mounts) except for the engine.
driftae86
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: fs: ae70 sprinter Tue, 01 February 2005 13:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ill take the drum to drum with lsd if someone wants the rest of the car for wrecking or whatever, we can split the price Smile

that is if it has sway bar mounts
caibs
Occasional Poster

January 2005
what?
Re: fs: ae70 sprinter Tue, 01 February 2005 13:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
buggered if i know. im not gonna split it up. i'd rather sell it whole for less.
glytch
Occasional Poster

September 2004

Re: fs: ae70 sprinter Wed, 02 February 2005 05:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I dont know about the imports, but many of the AE70/AE71's were a U series diff - 6" and weak as piss. I wouldn't raise the price for one of those. :\

If it is a Drum brake axle with LSD, i am thinking that (if it is a T series like an AE86) its had been modified to fit a LSD centre. I am under the impression that the T series Disc brake axle (usually the ones with LSD) had a slightly different setup inside the housing to the Drum.

The third alternative is that it could be a Hilux rear with LSD centre?
caibs
Occasional Poster

January 2005
what?
Re: fs: ae70 sprinter Wed, 02 February 2005 06:38 Go to previous message
nope this is how it was from the factory. 2 girls owned it before me so i doubt very much its been modded. all i know is:
yes its lsd
mechanic says it will fit in a ae86.

i just want it off my verge!
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Toyota Tarago Model 1983
Next Topic:Brisbane - 1991 Toyota SV21 Camry CSi - $1200!
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sat May 4 17:55:03 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0075509548187256 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.