Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » The Outhouse » SYDNEY HAIL STORM WARNING!!!!!!

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

SYDNEY HAIL STORM WARNING!!!!!! Wed, 02 February 2005 05:17 Go to next message
guys - this is looking pretty bad.

http://www.bom.gov.au/products/IDN65152.shtml

if you are in the line of those red dots, expect hail!

go park your cars undercover. Especially if you are i the Sutherland shire!
  Send a private message to this user    
river
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: SYDNEY HAIL STORM WARNING!!!!!! Wed, 02 February 2005 05:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi,

Yep, just got it a few mins ago at Castle Hill. Massive wind and some nice big bits of hail. Lost power three times, but it's sorta quietened down a bit now.

Hehehe.. some doves were trying to hide in the trees and when the wind and rain blew.. and it blew hard.. they got swooped up and carried off. I'm sure they'll survive. Got about four magpies and a dozen lorrikeets, all wet and bedraggled looking, sitting under the back verandah.

Poor little phuckers!

seeyuzz
river
Nolan
Forums Junkie

November 2004
Re: SYDNEY HAIL STORM WARNING!!!!!! Wed, 02 February 2005 05:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
GET OFF THE COMPUTER OR THERE WILL BE A POWER SURGE AND ULL ALL DIE!!

magicmitch
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: SYDNEY HAIL STORM WARNING!!!!!! Wed, 02 February 2005 06:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
im at engadine in the sutherland shire...do u reakon its past by now? cause i gotta work at pizza hut as a driver at 6 30...should i call in sick?..(i need the cash but is it worth risking?)
river
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: SYDNEY HAIL STORM WARNING!!!!!! Wed, 02 February 2005 06:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi,

magicmitch wrote on Wed, 02 February 2005 17:33

im at engadine in the sutherland shire...do u reakon its past by now? cause i gotta work at pizza hut as a driver at 6 30...should i call in sick?..(i need the cash but is it worth risking?)

I'll have two Pizza Supremes and a garlic bread thanks. Make it snappy too! Smile

seeyuzz
river

PS: If you bring your Celica I'll give you a fifty-cents tip.
finney
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: SYDNEY HAIL STORM WARNING!!!!!! Wed, 02 February 2005 07:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
river wrote on Wed, 02 February 2005 17:57

Hi,
PS: If you bring your Celica I'll give you a fifty-cents tip.

50c what a tight..... just kidding river. i just get shitty when people don't tip, especially rich people with a rolls royce in the driveway.

magicmitch, just go to work and if it starts hailing just stop driving til it passes.. or you could demand danger money from customers Razz
SilverGhost
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: SYDNEY HAIL STORM WARNING!!!!!! Wed, 02 February 2005 07:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bloody went to park my car at star city (my company parking lot is uncovered) costs me $10 and for nothing...infact, if i had left it out, the rain might have cleaned the bastard a bit Mad

ohwell, better than not protecting the car, and come out after work with it all hailfucked....
thechuckster
Forums Junkie

February 2003

Re: SYDNEY HAIL STORM WARNING!!!!!! Wed, 02 February 2005 07:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
the weather radar sure looked unfriendly...
Alchemist
Forums Junkie

January 2003
Re: SYDNEY HAIL STORM WARNING!!!!!! Wed, 02 February 2005 11:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
My car really got a cleaning on the way home, I wound up driving through the rain. Targa didn't leak a bit, love it Very Happy
THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: SYDNEY HAIL STORM WARNING!!!!!! Wed, 02 February 2005 12:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
looks like gosford and erina got it REAL bad.

i saw a few pics of guys cars up there - and they are FUCKED.
magicmitch
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: SYDNEY HAIL STORM WARNING!!!!!! Wed, 02 February 2005 12:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well im back from work...

not one drop of rain...woo!!!

$8.50 tips from 13 deliverys...its average i spose....but at least my car is hail damage free
Lench
Forums Junkie

August 2003

Re: SYDNEY HAIL STORM WARNING!!!!!! Wed, 02 February 2005 12:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
just got back from checking out the ryde area (my old school got hit pretty hard) SES and fire crews everywhere
nasty stuff in some areas
Rabsy86
Regular

October 2004
Re: SYDNEY HAIL STORM WARNING!!!!!! Wed, 02 February 2005 12:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey guys.. Well there was a bad hail storm.. And big floods.. I got pics of the flood infront of my house.. In this 18 years ive been livinen in Australia.. I havent seen a flood dis bad his some pics Wink

http://img144.exs.cx/img144/2821/dsc006904qp.jpg

MY dads car in the Flood... Wink

http://img144.exs.cx/img144/9864/dsc006919ss.jpg

http://img144.exs.cx/img144/7892/dsc006890dy.jpg

http://img144.exs.cx/img144/5449/dsc006870if.jpg

[Updated on: Wed, 02 February 2005 12:51]

RobST162
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: SYDNEY HAIL STORM WARNING!!!!!! Wed, 02 February 2005 14:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
that's crazy Rabsy! thanks for the piccies.. whoa.. I wonder how many houses got flooded - nutso
Simon
Forums Junkie

December 2003

Re: SYDNEY HAIL STORM WARNING!!!!!! Wed, 02 February 2005 16:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
FUCK dude, hopefully your house is OK.

Any damages?

[Updated on: Wed, 02 February 2005 16:40]

THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: SYDNEY HAIL STORM WARNING!!!!!! Wed, 02 February 2005 20:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
teh corollah wil nevah l0se!

thats freaken insane. i saw some streets on my way home which looked as though they had just had dirt strewn all over them, i guess this is a good reason why.
EvilJack
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

September 2002

Re: SYDNEY HAIL STORM WARNING!!!!!! Wed, 02 February 2005 21:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
coped a bit here at castle hill, waited 10mins for it to go past then left work and caught up with it in hornsby Rolling Eyes
SIMDOG
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: SYDNEY HAIL STORM WARNING!!!!!! Thu, 03 February 2005 02:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Melbourne got the biggest amount of rain in a 24 hour period EVER last night! 120mm of rain. Surprised
They've been keeping records for over 150 years and the previous record was 108mm.

I was up early today to drive to Hepburn Springs with Dad but we got turned around at Caroline
Springs because the Western Hwy was closed due to flooding.

On the way, Beach Rd had trees partially blocking the road. In Catani Gardens there was a whole
bunch of trees that had all fallen over together. They were big too.

We saw a yacht that had been washed ashore and had a gaping wound on the bottom where its
keel used to be. Looked nasty. You could see the wooden frame that was exposed. Confused

Kerferd Rd pier was mostly washed away. The Channel 10 crew were there when we went past
both times.

The usually trickling drains along the hwys were torrents of water. There was a Tabaret RSL type
place out in Melton area that was sitting only about 20cm above the water level next to one of
these drains. Any more rain and it would be in trouble. Shocked
slo_022
Occasional Poster

May 2004
Re: SYDNEY HAIL STORM WARNING!!!!!! Thu, 03 February 2005 02:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yes very wet in melb for the last couple of days!!
almost got blown of the road driving to work today!! (in a datto 1000 ute)
SIMDOG
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: SYDNEY HAIL STORM WARNING!!!!!! Thu, 03 February 2005 03:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Shit, a Datto 1000 ute would be hairy in this weather. Shocked

slo_022 wrote in sig

"open bar dude"

I'll have a litre of cola. Laughing
soaringmik
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: SYDNEY HAIL STORM WARNING!!!!!! Thu, 03 February 2005 04:28 Go to previous message
SIMDOG wrote on Thu, 03 February 2005 13:22

Melbourne got the biggest amount of rain in a 24 hour period EVER last night! 120mm of rain. Surprised
They've been keeping records for over 150 years and the previous record was 108mm.

I was up early today to drive to Hepburn Springs with Dad but we got turned around at Caroline
Springs because the Western Hwy was closed due to flooding.

On the way, Beach Rd had trees partially blocking the road. In Catani Gardens there was a whole
bunch of trees that had all fallen over together. They were big too.

We saw a yacht that had been washed ashore and had a gaping wound on the bottom where its
keel used to be. Looked nasty. You could see the wooden frame that was exposed. Confused

Kerferd Rd pier was mostly washed away. The Channel 10 crew were there when we went past
both times.

The usually trickling drains along the hwys were torrents of water. There was a Tabaret RSL type
place out in Melton area that was sitting only about 20cm above the water level next to one of
these drains. Any more rain and it would be in trouble. Shocked

Yeah, I actually work for AGL (I deal with Vic customers primarily) and there are about 50-60 suburbs in and around melb out at the moment, fallen trees, fallen power poles, tens of thousands of people without power,..

And it isn't easing up yet,.. hope everyone is ok

Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Instruments
Next Topic:Whose going to BEASTIE BOYS ?
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sun Apr 28 14:03:48 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0052978992462158 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.