Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Julz
Regular

I supported Toymods

May 2002

icon8.gif  Copped a Red Light Camera Tue, 20 August 2002 17:54 Go to next message
Got busted from a red light camera tonight.

Pissed off. What's the penalty for that?

that is all.
  Send a private message to this user    
Lucid
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Toymods Club Secretary

May 2002
Re: Copped a Red Light Camera Tue, 20 August 2002 21:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ugh! sorry to hear that dude..

can't remember the fine, but i think it's pretty hefty. and in terms of points i think it's either 3 or 4 demerits.. Cry
Tank
Regular

June 2002

Re: Copped a Red Light Camera Wed, 21 August 2002 00:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
In QLD it is 3 points (disobeying a traffic signal) and like $245 in fines
BigWorm
Forums Junkie

Toymods Board Member
I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Copped a Red Light Camera Wed, 21 August 2002 06:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah that sux.
The other day I came home to 3 letters from the RTA waiting for me. Needless to say my balls were in my mouth as I opened them, but all 3 turned out to be letters about going through the tollway on the eastern distributor and not paying. Sometimes my E tag doesn't work, and sometimes I forget it & just pretend it just doesn't work.
But with only 2 points left on my licence, it was a scary moment.....
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Copped a Red Light Camera Sat, 24 August 2002 14:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
2 points left?!? what happened to them all joel?!

and yeah, in NSW it's also 3 points... plus a heft fine of around $200 (give or take $50)
old_mr2
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: Copped a Red Light Camera Sat, 07 September 2002 07:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I only have 1 point...................... Crying or Very Sad Crying or Very Sad Crying or Very Sad
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Copped a Red Light Camera Sat, 07 September 2002 09:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
No Message Body
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Copped a Red Light Camera Sat, 07 September 2002 09:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I dont get how you guys are on so few points!
although after the other night, I suppose I could easily be on 3 with a suspended lisence.

Maybe I do understand Smile
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Copped a Red Light Camera Sat, 07 September 2002 09:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
this issue gets me too - i drive " quick " and have quite a bit of fun - but yet only had one ticket against my name ( 67kmh in a 60 zone ) because i misread a sign that had been moved ..

Why is it that so many of you guys get caught ?? am i Just lucky - or are you doing stuff that you shouldnt in public places ?

draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Copped a Red Light Camera Sat, 07 September 2002 09:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
that's what I was thinking.
I classify myself as a fast driver.
passengers in my car think that term is too mild.

But I've only got the one ticket against my name, and it was falsely given to me.
Norminator
Regular

August 2002
Re: Copped a Red Light Camera Sat, 07 September 2002 12:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
lot of things come into the how's and why's of being caught speeding...

-the number of miles you're doing
-the where and what of the roads you do them on
-the reason you're doing them
-and of course, the prevailing attitude of your local law enforcement

... some people are lucky, some people are reckless, some people are neither, some people are both!
faulksy
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Copped a Red Light Camera Sat, 07 September 2002 18:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i have 31/2 b4 i get my licence and tips on how to keep it cos my then ill have the 4agte in my ke30 Shocked
BoB_JonEz
Regular

August 2002

Re: Copped a Red Light Camera Fri, 08 November 2002 13:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I think in WA it's 3 points and $200 or $300 for a red light.

I've only been pinned for one point in almost 3 years, but the other day I got flashed in a company car (someone elses car), when I was doing 20+ over the limit. Similar to red light, 3 points and $300 or something.

Hopefully I won't get pinned though because I was right next to a van.

Speeding fines in someone elses company car would suck, heh.
juzzo84
Forums Junkie

September 2002
icon13.gif  Re: Copped a Red Light Camera Sat, 09 November 2002 01:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
you will be looking at, about $220 and 3 points
JUZZO
BigWorm
Forums Junkie

Toymods Board Member
I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Copped a Red Light Camera Sat, 09 November 2002 10:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I reckon I'm damn lucky to have 2 points still!
The number of times I've avoided getting busted by keeping an eye out for cops or by being polite when I have been pulled over would add up to some hefty loss of points, as would my crashes if I had been done for any of them (I could have been up for prolly about 3 neg drivings for crashes by now.....)

Although the last 4 that I lost were just through stupid fixed speed cameras, which could have so easily been avoided, I'm pretty embarrassed about these.
I lost 6 in one hit, so that was a bit of a knockout blow from the start, then doing something stupid but minor can leave you with as little points as I have.....
I just gotta remember to take it easy now.
ra23celicachick
Forums Junkie

September 2002
Re: Copped a Red Light Camera Sun, 10 November 2002 21:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I've had my P's for 2 an a half years and I've got all 12 points and never had any fines. I don't know how I've done it cause I only stick to the speed limit when I'm stuck behind someone that I can't pass. Very Happy
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Copped a Red Light Camera Mon, 11 November 2002 04:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
you get 12 points on your P's ?!
manipulate
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Copped a Red Light Camera Mon, 11 November 2002 04:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah she wears a short skirt and she can get whatever she wants apparently
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Copped a Red Light Camera Mon, 11 November 2002 05:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well, I for one couldn't deny her anything in a short skirt... could you? Smile
manipulate
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Copped a Red Light Camera Mon, 11 November 2002 05:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well i dunno what she looks like now do i

cough* post some pics* cough*

draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Copped a Red Light Camera Mon, 11 November 2002 05:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
pervert Razz

I don't know waht she looks like either, but if it's worked on cops before, she can't be too bad Smile

(ps : cross-state relationships suck, and end in lots of tears and heartbreak)
manipulate
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Copped a Red Light Camera Mon, 11 November 2002 06:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Razz

Sorry if this question has been asked b4 but is it true that ALL camera's IE: Speed and redlight, have to take photo's from behind

Ta
Mani
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Copped a Red Light Camera Mon, 11 November 2002 06:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'm fairly sure that's right.... I've had at leat 3 people pass me going at least 90 through a 60 zone speed camera, but driving toward the camera... and not get flashed
manipulate
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Copped a Red Light Camera Mon, 11 November 2002 08:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sweet that relieves a bit of stress

Ta
BoB_JonEz
Regular

August 2002

Re: Copped a Red Light Camera Mon, 11 November 2002 13:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ummm, I don't know about other states, but in WA the picture HAS to be from the front, because if they cant prove who the driver was from the picture, no fine.

Which is good for bikes, because they have no front plate, and the helmet tends to hide their face as well.
alwaysRA23
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: Copped a Red Light Camera Tue, 12 November 2002 01:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
my points stand in the negative side at the moment.. ehhhh Crying or Very Sad Crying or Very Sad

in canberra the photo can be taken from either side...

the dude in the van can check the speeds of people goin both ways on the road, and check every lane[on the hwy] or he can set it on automatic [only checks one lane of traffic]

i know a copper and we have had this disgusion before! lol Smile
RA23_Sean
Regular

May 2002

Re: Copped a Red Light Camera Wed, 13 November 2002 10:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I've only ever lost points for one offence - red light. Never mind that fact that I didn't have my Ps on at the time (falcon hit my celica as I went thru the intersection). Told the cops they must have fallen off in the impact. Got pulled over twice in the red Celica (that thing was trouble). First one was for a bit of sideways action+smoke 20m from cops parked on the side of the road ahead of me. They checked my car out, asked about why there were no Ps on the car and then let me off. A month or so later, I was doing 120 in an 80 zone, no Ps and was pulled over. Asked about why I didn't have my Ps on, checked when rego ran out, then let me off. Though of all the times I've been pulled over, only once has been by HWY patrol - I was on my Ls doing 70 in a 50. Any time I was pulled over, the officer would say "You're lucky highway patrol didn't pull you over mate"

Anyway, the original point of the message was for Julz: At least you didn't cause an accident like I did when I ran a red. Ended up costing me $3500 and left me without a car for a couple of months.
Julz
Regular

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Copped a Red Light Camera Wed, 13 November 2002 13:07 Go to previous message
Well, it's been almost 3 months and so far I've heard nothing from the IPB. I guess I got away with it... Lets hope.
Yeah, I couldn't imagine a more dreadful feeling than causing damage while doing something illegal. I'm pretty cautious now when it comes to red light intersections.

However now I have another problem. Parking Infringements Mad I got a parking ticket that I challenged by following due process, that is completing the payment info and attaching a letter and documentation of why I want the fine withdrawn but I just checked my credit card statement and the jerks have taken the money and not even told me whether my case was accepted or denied. I'm gonna write another letter to those assholes. I fucking hate em.

[Updated on: Wed, 13 November 2002 13:15]

Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:JZZ30 Soarer vs R31 Skyline vs Suzuki Across M/B
Next Topic:Do NOT mess with me.
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sun May 19 20:46:50 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0058391094207764 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.