Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
papercut
Regular

April 2003
removing supercharger SC12 Wed, 02 February 2005 00:55 Go to next message
Hi guys,

I've done a thorough search, but i dont believe this has been well covered before.

I'm about to remove the supercharger off the 4AGZE and was wondering if this is fairly straight forward, there seems to be alot to be considered, and i just need tips on where certain bolts are/sizes etc, and what NOT to touch.

thanks guys.
  Send a private message to this user    
feral4mr2
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: removing supercharger SC12 Wed, 02 February 2005 13:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
is the engine in the car or on a stand?
papercut
Regular

April 2003
Re: removing supercharger SC12 Wed, 02 February 2005 22:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
engine is still in the car, it's my daily driver, but planning to start the turbo soon.

does this make it relatively harder?
boris
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
On probation

January 2003
Re: removing supercharger SC12 Wed, 02 February 2005 23:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
papercut wrote on Thu, 03 February 2005 08:28

Considering it's your daily driver.... i will go out on a limb and say yes
Rolling Eyes
papercut
Regular

April 2003
Re: removing supercharger SC12 Wed, 02 February 2005 23:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
boris wrote on Thu, 03 February 2005 10:09

papercut wrote on Thu, 03 February 2005 08:28

Considering it's your daily driver.... i will go out on a limb and say yes
Rolling Eyes

haha what i meant was, does it make it relatively harder if the engine is still in the car, as opposed to a stand?

I have another car, so as soon as i get some info, i'll start pulling it off.

feral4mr2
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: removing supercharger SC12 Thu, 03 February 2005 10:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yes deffinatly harder if the s/c is in the car compared to a engine stand.
i beleive a fwd 4agze (if thats what you have?) from what i have read on the forums is harder to remove the s/c than say a aw11.
in a aw11 i get underneathe and undo the s/c inlet pipe rubber coupling from the TB down pipe (hose clamps), and while i'm under there loosen and remove the main pivot bolt of the s/c (14mm).
from the top i remove the pipe from the AMF to the TB, the outlet pipe from the s/c to intercooler, take the TPS and cold start doobie plugs off the TB, unplug and remove the blue vsv that controls the ABV, remove the ABV (2x 10mm bolts and a hose clamp on s/c outlet pipe), unplug s/c clutch plug.
undo the hose clamps and remove the 2 coolant pipes that run to the idle down doobie, take throttle cable off TB, undo the 4 12mm bolts that hold the TB to the inlet manifold and then the TB should be able to be removed.
i find it easier to then undo the lil 10mm nuts/bolts that hold the cast s/c outlet pipe to the s/c and remove it.
undo the 2 14mm nuts that hold the top of the s/c to the inlet manifold, swivle s/c towards fire wall.
then wiggle the s/c off the bottom mount, turn s/c upwards and wiggle it out.
(it has been a while since i removed a s/c, so i might of forgotten a few bits...)

have fun. Smile
serge
Regular

June 2002
Re: removing supercharger SC12 Thu, 03 February 2005 11:50 Go to previous message
Definetly easier to remove when the motor is out of your car with my ze on the hoist it took about 15min to take the sc off. Bloody hell it used to take about half hour to try fill the ol sc with oil on my fwd, trying to get your hands down the back between the firewall & sc was so anoying anyway good luck.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:sprinter traction problems
Next Topic:Additional Electric Temp Sensor Location (5M-E)?
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sun May 12 09:14:54 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0048611164093018 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.