Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
7MSupra
Regular

April 2004
    ?
HKS Head Gasket Thu, 03 February 2005 14:00 Go to next message
Does anyone know wehre to purchase one of these for my 7M GTE in Perth thats a reliable dealer??

Also thinking of changing the valves to stronger ones and heavier springs is this a good upgrade??

[Updated on: Thu, 03 February 2005 14:20]

Send a private message to this user    
allencr
Regular

May 2002
Re: HKS Head Gasket Thu, 03 February 2005 16:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i don't know what a stronger valve would be for, except in an engine model that has a known history of burning exhaust valves, or dropping/breaking them. is the 7M GTE one of these? if it isn't, it's seat or lash/gap was probably too narrow.
stronger springs are not usefull at all, because they decrease power output unless they are necessary for stopping valve float, from higher rpm's or an agressive cam.
cswan
Regular

May 2002
Re: HKS Head Gasket Sat, 05 February 2005 02:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
You can try getting one from o/s. In my experience it's bound to be about half the price. Do a Google for HKS headgasket, searching in Australia only and you'll see.

I got an HKS metal from cyberauto.com for my 4AGE and it ended up about $250 shipped from memory. Also try Takakaira.com in japan. They are very good and cheaper than in Aus. If they have the part in stock, it will be quick. Otherwise they let you know how long it'll take.

I hope this helps. I am only talking from my own purchasing experience, however.
Toobs
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

December 2002

Re: HKS Head Gasket Sat, 05 February 2005 11:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Re: valves and springs
There isn't really much point to putting stronger valves or stiffer springs unless you are planning on reving higher or putting in lumpy cams... or your engine is predisposed to launching shims into outter space.
4runnerpete
Occasional Poster

December 2004
Re: HKS Head Gasket Sun, 06 February 2005 00:49 Go to previous message
mate i just shipped a hks gasket from o/s and it cost $198. all up including postage that was for a 7mgte.heres there website they were excellent the price i was quoted over here in ozz was $600.stuffs me how they can justify it.http://www.suprasport.com/
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:can u fit a turbo in a corolla 2002 stock motor..??
Next Topic:how far?
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Mon May 20 01:15:34 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0042970180511475 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.