Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Classifieds » Engines, Accessories and other Mechanicals » 3SGTE parts clear out.

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
JustenGT4
Forums Junkie

June 2003
3SGTE parts clear out. Wed, 19 January 2005 04:46 Go to next message
Now the White beast is sold i have no need for my huge cache of spares. Just off the top of my head:

Gen II 3SGTE disassembled
Gen II cams
3 sets stock cam gears
8.5:1 1mm oversize forged pistons (ceramic coated)
ST 205 Power FC and controller (also boost control solenoide)
2 x starters
3 x alternators
MR2T air con compressor
ST185 front driveshaft x2
ST205 steering rack
ST185 front hub/uprights x2
ST205 oil pump (new in box)
ST205 water pump (new in box)
CT26 wastegate actuator
Gen II injectors (great upgrade for 20V 4AGE)
Polished Gen II cam cover

Open to offers (make them sensible for the good stuff). Probably best to email direct for a quicker response.
  Send a private message to this user    
WantaTurbo
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: 3SGTE parts clear out. Wed, 19 January 2005 04:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey Justin would the MR2T air con compressor fit into my st185 ? thanks, Bill
JustenGT4
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: 3SGTE parts clear out. Wed, 19 January 2005 05:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I doubt it, quite a different looking beast
Senor_2
Regular

September 2003
Re: 3SGTE parts clear out. Wed, 19 January 2005 05:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JustenGT4 wrote on Wed, 19 January 2005 15:46

ST 205 Power FC and controller (also boost control solenoide)

Would this also suit the MR2 gen III?? Roughly how much are u looking at getting for the set?
alliance_22
Forums Junkie

October 2004

Re: 3SGTE parts clear out. Wed, 19 January 2005 05:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I"ve got a 3sGE Gen2... what can fit?? Very Happy I'm planning turbo later on though Smile but not for a good 2 years or so.... so yeah Very Happy ... what fits?
davedave
Forums Junkie

October 2003

Re: 3SGTE parts clear out. Wed, 19 January 2005 06:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Justen,

What's the difference between the st185 and sw20 air con compressors, I thought they were the same beasts. From what I understood between the 2 engines, the only difference was alternator position.

If I can't find my bracket or I can't get my cut pipe reattached, then I'll give you a shout.

Cheers,
Dave
JustenGT4
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: 3SGTE parts clear out. Wed, 19 January 2005 21:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
No Message Body
JustenGT4
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: 3SGTE parts clear out. Wed, 19 January 2005 21:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The air con compressor looks very different....may still bolt on but i have never tried. Call it $20 plus post and take a chance Wink

Yes i believe the Power FC would run the MR2T but you would have to compare the pin outs to be 100%. It would have to be a GEN III MR2T of course. The only diff betwen that and the 205 is the a/w IC the Power FC controls.

As for GEN II's, yes it would do that as well but more pinout mods are required plus you would need to pick up a coupla extra sensors. Definitely doable though and has been done a number of times.
davedave
Forums Junkie

October 2003

Re: 3SGTE parts clear out. Wed, 19 January 2005 21:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
If the a/c compressor still has the lines attached, then I'd love to take it off your hands for that price!
JustenGT4
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: 3SGTE parts clear out. Wed, 19 January 2005 22:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sorry, typical half cut extraction in Japan so the lines have been cut
davedave
Forums Junkie

October 2003

Re: 3SGTE parts clear out. Wed, 19 January 2005 22:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks anyways Justen, I might try and get mine rejoined (my pipes are cut too)
Toobs
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

December 2002

Re: 3SGTE parts clear out. Thu, 20 January 2005 01:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I have been speaking to Justen... Sold to Toobs!

Gen II 3SGTE disassembled
ST205 oil pump (new in box)
ST205 water pump (new in box)

Apparently sold to someone else... not me Sad

2 x starters
3 x alternators

Some info about the pistons for you all:
They are J&E from memory but have to check.
They ran in an engine that was immediately torn down again as the head guy stuffed up the valve seat machining at it wouldn't seal. So basically no km's just some dyno time.
Taken out and ceramic coated so coating is new.

JustenGT4
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: 3SGTE parts clear out. Thu, 20 January 2005 04:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
As Luke says, sold to TOOBS.

Pistons etc still available.

If i don't sell the cam gear i'll make a few sets of adjustable ones up if people are interested ?
Joshstix
Forums Junkie

Toymods Vice President

May 2002
Re: 3SGTE parts clear out. Thu, 20 January 2005 09:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'd be interested in adjustable gears depending on price, also keen for the other item from the email.
JustenGT4
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: 3SGTE parts clear out. Thu, 20 January 2005 22:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
A bit of an update.

The pistons are actually ARIAS not J&E (sold then a while ago). As described though they are freshly ceramic coated on the crown and skirts. A few hundred bucks just for the coat so at $500..

I also have a full gasket kit for an ST205...that's every seal and gasket in the motor and turbo $300 firm
Joshstix
Forums Junkie

Toymods Vice President

May 2002
Re: 3SGTE parts clear out. Thu, 20 January 2005 23:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'll take the gasket set.
94mr2turbo
Regular

April 2003

Re: 3SGTE parts clear out. Fri, 21 January 2005 00:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Justen, the ST205 Power FC won't work on a Gen 3 MR2 turbo. The ST205 FC is made by AP Engineering I believe (MR2 by Apexi). They have different part numbers too.

BTW, I might be interested in the pistons and block (still standard bore??). I already have Arias pistons in my Gen 3, but will be building up a 2.2L block over time (will shave the Arias pistons). PM me and we will discuss things further......
Joshstix
Forums Junkie

Toymods Vice President

May 2002
Re: 3SGTE parts clear out. Fri, 21 January 2005 02:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Actually don't worry about the gasket set.
JustenGT4
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: 3SGTE parts clear out. Fri, 21 January 2005 04:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
That's why i said you'd have to check the pinouts. The engines are identical in terms of sensors etc except for the a/w ECU so it would only require some minor mods to the factory plug i suspect to be able to use the 205 FC on an MR2T. If they can do it for the Gen II then it should be even easier between 2 Gen III's.

Still, a much better proposition as a straight bolt in for a ST205 loomed car for sure.

PM sent RE the rest.
TerryOBeirne
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: 3SGTE parts clear out. Fri, 21 January 2005 09:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
are you open to an offer on the pistons., I have a friend who is chasing something like that for a "spare" engine he has for his MR2

[Updated on: Fri, 21 January 2005 09:20]

JustenGT4
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: 3SGTE parts clear out. Sun, 23 January 2005 03:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey Terry,
At $500 (including approx $200) of new ceramic coating they are a steal already wouldn't you say? I'll chuck in post but otherwise i'll just keep em as astrays Smile
JustenGT4
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: 3SGTE parts clear out. Sun, 23 January 2005 21:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey terry.
The comp raio is 8.5:1. From memory they are 1mm oversize but i can check if it's an issue and you need to know excatly.
Hunty
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: 3SGTE parts clear out. Mon, 24 January 2005 06:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
the air con compressor for the sw20, is that a Gen II?

the lines are cut so what does that mean?? My one is shagged and leaking, so i need a new one but i was quoted $595 for a reconditioned one which i thought was insane.

Cheers
JustenGT4
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: 3SGTE parts clear out. Mon, 24 January 2005 21:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The compressor came with a GEN II 3SGTE from a SW20 on a pallet, the car was supposedly a 93.
hiredthug
Occasional Poster

January 2004
Re: 3SGTE parts clear out. Mon, 24 January 2005 22:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey, can you post a pic of the cam cover or email me at hervetran@hotmail.com

My engine needs some bling.

Cheers mate!

Hunty
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: 3SGTE parts clear out. Tue, 25 January 2005 00:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ahh ok so you dont know if its any good, seeing as its a bitch to replace i might just get my one reconditioned.

Cheers
JustenGT4
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: 3SGTE parts clear out. Mon, 31 January 2005 03:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
OK, thanks to all that helped me get rid of stuff so quick but i still have the following left:

8.5:1 1mm oversize forged pistons (ceramic coated) (under offer)
ST205 steering rack

Offers.
-==L=a=N=c=E==-
Forums Junkie

January 2004
Re: 3SGTE parts clear out. Tue, 01 February 2005 08:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
NVM

[Updated on: Tue, 01 February 2005 08:56]

tooch
Regular

June 2002
Re: 3SGTE parts clear out. Tue, 01 February 2005 09:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JustenGT4 wrote on Mon, 31 January 2005 14:26

OK, thanks to all that helped me get rid of stuff so quick but i still have the following left:

8.5:1 1mm oversize forged pistons (ceramic coated) (under offer)
ST205 steering rack

Offers.

Hey mate how much you looking at for the injectors? How many km's have they roughly done, are they clean etc?
bbaacchhyy
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: 3SGTE parts clear out. Tue, 01 February 2005 09:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Justen,

Still got the CT26 wastegate actuator ? I'm after a spare. 'ow much ?

Cheers

Michael B
JustenGT4
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: 3SGTE parts clear out. Tue, 01 February 2005 22:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Lance, the pressure plate bolts are nothing special. Just your standard toyota M8 metric with a 12mm head. They aren't high tensile so dad easy to replace. From memeory they are only torqued to 12-15ftlbs..bugger all.

I don't have the other bits you are after sorry. You could get a crank bolt from a specialty fastner shop.
-Totenkopf-
Regular

November 2004
Re: 3SGTE parts clear out. Wed, 02 February 2005 00:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
also after pics of the polished cam cover, if you could email them to jamescol@optusnet.com.au

what sort of $$$ you looking at for it?

Thanks,

James.
JustenGT4
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: 3SGTE parts clear out. Thu, 03 February 2005 02:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey Michael, WA Michael got the wastegate actuator Smile

Injectors, where from my RWD converted 3SGTE. Kms were under 50K as it was a pretty low km rearcut. I have aheap of offer around $100 but no one has actually come up with the cash yet Rolling Eyes
_ShadowZ
Occasional Poster

July 2004
Re: 3SGTE parts clear out. Thu, 03 February 2005 14:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
front hub on st185 does that include rotors and calipers? if so how much?
cheers.
hektic_gtfour
Newcomer

February 2005

Re: 3SGTE parts clear out. Fri, 04 February 2005 05:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
just wondering if you have those hubs still mate...
a friend has already been asking you for me i hope
davedave
Forums Junkie

October 2003

Re: 3SGTE parts clear out. Tue, 03 May 2005 05:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JustenGT4 wrote on Thu, 20 January 2005 08:37

The air con compressor looks very different....may still bolt on but i have never tried. Call it $20 plus post and take a chance Wink

Willing to take that chance now if the offer is still available Smiley =

I just found out the one I had was practically seized Rolling Eyes

If you could just check if you can spin the compressor so I don't end up with two seized air cons (not just the clutch), that would be tops Smiley =

JustenGT4
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: 3SGTE parts clear out. Tue, 03 May 2005 05:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
No probs, i'll have a look this arvo
davedave
Forums Junkie

October 2003

Re: 3SGTE parts clear out. Tue, 03 May 2005 05:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Champ!
SXY184
Regular

January 2004
Re: 3SGTE parts clear out. Tue, 03 May 2005 23:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
so what hav you got left JustenGT4? parts wise..?
SXY184
Regular

January 2004
Re: 3SGTE parts clear out. Tue, 03 May 2005 23:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
so what hav you got left JustenGT4? parts wise..?
JustenGT4
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: 3SGTE parts clear out. Tue, 03 May 2005 23:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dave,
Mate looks like that compressor has gone sometime time in the rush as buggered if i could find it. All is not lost though as there was a AC compressor on the 3SGTE i sold TOOBS and he doesn't need it...drop him a PM as the price was in beers Smile
davedave
Forums Junkie

October 2003

Re: 3SGTE parts clear out. Wed, 04 May 2005 01:26 Go to previous message
cheers mate, will do Smiley =
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:2TG EFI
Next Topic:BARGAIN!!! K & N Panel filter
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-