Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Classifieds » Cars For Sale & Wanted » F/S MKIII SUPRA 1JZGTE *****SOLD SOLD SOLD*** PLEASE DELETE******

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
driftpig
Regular

November 2004
Re: F/S MKIII SUPRA 1JZGTE 5SPD MANUAL *WIDEBODY VERSION* Wed, 02 February 2005 00:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
it sounds wierd, but ive found the toyotas to handle too well. they stick to the road like a friggin slot car. There all tight and stuff and a little heavy when i drive them, i prefer the feeling of my old r33's, loose and light, you can throw em around alot more, drop em low and they handle like shit, but thats the way i like them, i like driving loose and close to out of control, one slight flick and she's sideways as a mutha fuka!! sounds weird i know but the nissan's just suit my driving much better, or maybe my driving style suits nissans better, which ever way it is??? Confused
and to ad to it, im a drifter so i'd guess that a front quarter for a silvia or skyline is alot easier to get than one for a mkIII widebody supra. Im being honest with this, i do thrash cars, i do drift, but the old supra has not sopped any of this due to its handling and the cost's involved that are sittin in the back of my head if i hit something. also its in damn good condition....too good for drifting thats for sure. Bought it thinking i coyuld get outta the drift bug as i have my first child on the way, but guess what.... the drift bug never goes away!!! better get me some help hey!!!
Kindest regards
Danny
  Send a private message to this user    
driftpig
Regular

November 2004
Re: F/S MKIII SUPRA 1JZGTE 5SPD MANUAL *WIDEBODY VERSION* Thu, 03 February 2005 11:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cars going in trading post, thanks for your nice comments too guys. sad to see her go, but im needin the money! lol
mk27m
Regular

November 2003
Re: F/S MKIII SUPRA 1JZGTE 5SPD MANUAL *WIDEBODY VERSION* Thu, 03 February 2005 12:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
What i meant was has it been complianced with the new engine in it? The reason i'm asking is 'cause if i wanted to transfer the registration interstate (i'm in SA) they probably wouldn't like it if the car had a non-original/non-standard import engine in it.

Drew.
driftpig
Regular

November 2004
Re: F/S MKIII SUPRA 1JZGTE 5SPD MANUAL *WIDEBODY VERSION* Thu, 03 February 2005 12:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
no it hasn't been complianced with new engine in it, it would need a engineers certificate if anything, it is an australian delivered car so it is just like a holden or ford. vic roads have been informed of engine swap and it is registered with the 1jzgte in it and is insured with 1jzgte in it. it has passed 4 road worthies and been transferred once with the 1jzgte in it so i dont think it even needs engineering as no-one has said anything about it so far and they all know its a conversion that was done. i figure if no one has asked im not gunna bring it up!
Kyosho
Regular

November 2004
Re: F/S MKIII SUPRA 1JZGTE 5SPD MANUAL *WIDEBODY VERSION* Thu, 03 February 2005 23:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
driftpig wrote on Thu, 03 February 2005 23:37

no it hasn't been complianced with new engine in it, it would need a engineers certificate if anything, it is an australian delivered car so it is just like a holden or ford. vic roads have been informed of engine swap and it is registered with the 1jzgte in it and is insured with 1jzgte in it. it has passed 4 road worthies and been transferred once with the 1jzgte in it so i dont think it even needs engineering as no-one has said anything about it so far and they all know its a conversion that was done. i figure if no one has asked im not gunna bring it up!
It shouldn't need engineering for a couple of resoans...
The original engine is forced induction, with 3.0L
The 1JZ is forced induction, yet only 2.5L...

In the terms of engine sizes, and because both are forced induction, the 1JZ to them is a downgrade (Because of size drop)

The other reason being that the MA70 is effectively the JZA70 with a different engine...
Because the 1JZ-GTE was an engine choice with the car, they are unrequired to be engineered...

driftpig
Regular

November 2004
Re: F/S MKIII SUPRA 1JZGTE 5SPD MANUAL *WIDEBODY VERSION* Fri, 04 February 2005 03:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
THANKS KYOSHO, THERE YOU GO GUYS, SHE'S FULLY SICK AND READY TO ROLL!!!
domasik
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: F/S MKIII SUPRA 1JZGTE 5SPD MANUAL *WIDEBODY VERSION* Fri, 04 February 2005 03:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ha! if u wana feel loose just go for a drive with steve in his JZA70. u musn't be driving hard enuf if it doesnt feel loose cause when steve took me in his only traction we had when i was in the car was when it was sationary hahahahah
driftpig
Regular

November 2004
Re: F/S MKIII SUPRA 1JZGTE 5SPD MANUAL *WIDEBODY VERSION* Fri, 04 February 2005 03:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah not saying it wont GET loose, it does if you want it to, my old car was an r33 sportin 200+rwkw and they are only 1250 kg, and with 2 grand drift setup suspension it got looooose!!!! Should never have sold that car!!
gussyboy2
Regular

October 2002
Re: F/S MKIII SUPRA 1JZGTE 5SPD MANUAL *WIDEBODY VERSION* Fri, 04 February 2005 06:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
if ur interested in swapping for a ta23 73 with twin turbs running over 150kw with more mods than u can imagine let me know. there would be some cash involved. latest upset was a worked manaro(new)- only just beat him but he still went home confused and upset!
driftpig
Regular

November 2004
Re: F/S MKIII SUPRA 1JZGTE 5SPD MANUAL *WIDEBODY VERSION* Fri, 04 February 2005 09:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah got my attention, pics and all details possible to drift@supernerd.com.au
also what are you looking at getting for your ta??? mate may be interested if im not.
gussyboy2
Regular

October 2002
Re: F/S MKIII SUPRA 1JZGTE 5SPD MANUAL *WIDEBODY VERSION* Sun, 06 February 2005 00:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
check email bud
driftpig
Regular

November 2004
Re: F/S MKIII SUPRA 1JZGTE 5SPD MANUAL *WIDEBODY VERSION* Tue, 08 February 2005 09:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CAR IS SOLD, THANKS FOR THE INTEREST GUYS. CHEERS!!!
Shraka
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: F/S MKIII SUPRA 1JZGTE *****SOLD SOLD SOLD*** PLEASE DELETE****** Tue, 08 February 2005 10:40 Go to previous message
Aww what? Crap... My loan only just came through today. Sad
Pages (2): [ «  <  1  2]   Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:cheap daily car
Next Topic:1986 toyota celica st
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Mon Apr 29 06:28:02 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0094199180603027 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.