Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Classifieds » Engines, Accessories and other Mechanicals » Trutrac Torsen LSD "F Series" and "G Series" Centre Group Buy

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
CLG
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

December 2002
Re: Trutrac Torsen LSD "F Series" and "G Series" Centre Group Buy Sun, 09 January 2005 00:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
It was, though I understand most of the Perth people just gave the whole amount in one transfer. Transferring the total amount also makes it easier for me to keep track of everyone's order and payment, as I'm not into making extra work for myself, chasing people up for money.
  Send a private message to this user    
bbaacchhyy
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: Trutrac Torsen LSD "F Series" and "G Series" Centre Group Buy Mon, 10 January 2005 00:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Clint,

For those that are ordering it fopr a MA61 application, what is your plan for bearings ?

I need to organise some for me soonish...

Cheers

Michael B
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Trutrac Torsen LSD "F Series" and "G Series" Centre Group Buy Mon, 10 January 2005 00:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I volunteer you to organise them Smile

edit: and also to find me a lower ratio thingy

[Updated on: Mon, 10 January 2005 00:48]

bbaacchhyy
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: Trutrac Torsen LSD "F Series" and "G Series" Centre Group Buy Mon, 10 January 2005 01:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
draven wrote on Mon, 10 January 2005 11:17

I volunteer you to organise them Smile

edit: and also to find me a lower ratio thingy

Quite willing to do that - The Stitt was the guy who could get them at the right price, but I am willing to do some of that !!!!

BTW, is the 3.58 ratio from the RA65 the auto or manual one.

I'm OK for the 3.58 thanks... Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Stefan
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Trutrac Torsen LSD "F Series" and "G Series" Centre Group Buy Mon, 10 January 2005 05:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
3.58 rings a bell for me as being Ra65 manual.

If someone organises cheap bearings, count me in!
HyDrA
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Trutrac Torsen LSD "F Series" and "G Series" Centre Group Buy Tue, 11 January 2005 00:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
A bearing group buy of sorts would be a nice idea. It'd save a lot of effort on many peoples part!

Might take advantage of having the diff out too, try and find myself a spare F series to put the torsen in, with better ratios Wink How possible is it to replace the pinion gear?
bbaacchhyy
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: Trutrac Torsen LSD "F Series" and "G Series" Centre Group Buy Tue, 11 January 2005 01:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
HyDrA wrote on Tue, 11 January 2005 11:19

How possible is it to replace the pinion gear?

Easily done, but Crwon wheel and puinion are replaced as pairs, as they are lapped together.
HyDrA
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Trutrac Torsen LSD "F Series" and "G Series" Centre Group Buy Tue, 11 January 2005 03:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ok, cool. My current diff gears are pretty worn out right now, there's a fair bit of free play.

I don't mind the ratio's that much I guess, but slightly lower ratio's wouldn't hurt Smile Might just live with the 4.1 or 4.3 or whatever it was, it just makes 1st gear almost useless Smile
Stefan
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Trutrac Torsen LSD "F Series" and "G Series" Centre Group Buy Mon, 17 January 2005 02:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Free bump. Any news?
Dylo
Regular

May 2002

Re: Trutrac Torsen LSD "F Series" and "G Series" Centre Group Buy Mon, 17 January 2005 02:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CLG,

Ok before i was kinda keen, but since my diff has developed bad whiney noises... PUT ME DOWN.

I'll need an F series, I gotta MKII corona diff.

PM me when u need money and i will transfer it over.

Thanks heaps for organising this! Whats the saving like compared to buying individual units?
Stefan
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Trutrac Torsen LSD "F Series" and "G Series" Centre Group Buy Mon, 17 January 2005 02:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well, I believe Norbie's cost him close to 1 grand when he imported one himself (IIRC - you'll have to ask him)
Norbie
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Trutrac Torsen LSD "F Series" and "G Series" Centre Group Buy Wed, 19 January 2005 06:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah, once customs got their hands on it the total cost was close to $1k, although that included genuine Toyota bearings. This was over a year ago, so with the better exchange rate it should be a fair bit cheaper today.
1200det
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: Trutrac Torsen LSD "F Series" and "G Series" Centre Group Buy Thu, 20 January 2005 00:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
G Series

And whom do we pay and when will they arrive ?
stark
Regular

August 2004
Re: Trutrac Torsen LSD "F Series" and "G Series" Centre Group Buy Fri, 21 January 2005 05:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey Clint is there any updates from this mob?
CA18NA
Newcomer

January 2005
Re: Trutrac Torsen LSD "F Series" and "G Series" Centre Group Buy Sat, 22 January 2005 10:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Will the "G" series diffs that you are going to purchase suit a JZX90 Cresta?

If so i may be interested as one wheel sux
Very Happy

CHEERS
badboybubby
Regular

On Probation

March 2004
Re: Trutrac Torsen LSD "F Series" and "G Series" Centre Group Buy Mon, 24 January 2005 22:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Whats the cost?
CLG
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

December 2002
Re: Trutrac Torsen LSD "F Series" and "G Series" Centre Group Buy Tue, 25 January 2005 05:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Determining exact price when I don't have confirmed numbers is difficult - so I've done 2 calculations: the first is with high values for centre, packing, freight, duty, GST, and delivery, while the second is with low values. The high figure is $756 while the low value is $663. I'm reasonably confident of being able to have the centres delivered to those who pay for them in advance for the low value, so I'll PM all the people in the list and ask for confirmation of requirements hence forth. I doubt the price will vary greatly from that $663, but remember we're dealing with fluctuating factors too: exchange rates, weight charges, fuel levies, and government red tape.

All those who have posted in the thread, will receive a PM shortly.
V8_MA61
Forums Junkie

June 2003

Re: Trutrac Torsen LSD "F Series" and "G Series" Centre Group Buy Tue, 25 January 2005 06:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'll probly end up going for a G series too....so about the $750 mark?
CLG
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

December 2002
Re: Trutrac Torsen LSD "F Series" and "G Series" Centre Group Buy Thu, 27 January 2005 08:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'd say under $750 without too much hassle.
79rollaboy
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: Trutrac Torsen LSD "F Series" and "G Series" Centre Group Buy Thu, 27 January 2005 22:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
What sort of LSD do I want for an 18RG?
stark
Regular

August 2004
Re: Trutrac Torsen LSD "F Series" and "G Series" Centre Group Buy Fri, 28 January 2005 00:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Depends on what sort of car it is in mate
CLG
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

December 2002
Re: Trutrac Torsen LSD "F Series" and "G Series" Centre Group Buy Fri, 28 January 2005 02:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
For those of you requiring G series centres - I need to know the exact model and year of your donor diff - they do vary over the years in their setup.
V8_MA61
Forums Junkie

June 2003

Re: Trutrac Torsen LSD "F Series" and "G Series" Centre Group Buy Fri, 28 January 2005 10:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
g254 out of 1990 ga70 supra
79rollaboy
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: Trutrac Torsen LSD "F Series" and "G Series" Centre Group Buy Sat, 29 January 2005 00:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
stark wrote on Fri, 28 January 2005 11:29

RA28
stark
Regular

August 2004
Re: Trutrac Torsen LSD "F Series" and "G Series" Centre Group Buy Sat, 29 January 2005 01:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
79rollaboy wrote on Sat, 29 January 2005 11:44

stark wrote on Fri, 28 January 2005 11:29

RA28

Well the RA28 has the 6.7" T series diff... Should be fine for a stock 18rg... if you want to put more power through it do a search on an F series or G series diff conversion
79rollaboy
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: Trutrac Torsen LSD "F Series" and "G Series" Centre Group Buy Sat, 29 January 2005 02:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
So then any LSD that fits a TA22 diff is good for me... how about sprinter diffs?
CLG
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

December 2002
Re: Trutrac Torsen LSD "F Series" and "G Series" Centre Group Buy Sat, 29 January 2005 03:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Please search yourself for the answers to your questions, or take those unanswered questions to the "Tech and Conversions" section of the forums - this thread is not the appropriate place for your posts.
79rollaboy
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: Trutrac Torsen LSD "F Series" and "G Series" Centre Group Buy Sat, 29 January 2005 03:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I knew I was going to get in trouble... Sorry CLG
Cameron_Datto
Occasional Poster

December 2003
Re: Trutrac Torsen LSD "F Series" and "G Series" Centre Group Buy Sat, 29 January 2005 09:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The F series Diff is the OD size 28.08mm at the spline and 27 splines ,, Has the group Buy closed ? Iam after a F series Tru Trac to fit into a Mk11 Corona Diff ... Thanks Cam

[Updated on: Sat, 29 January 2005 15:13]

CLG
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

December 2002
Re: Trutrac Torsen LSD "F Series" and "G Series" Centre Group Buy Tue, 01 February 2005 00:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Still currently open, will PM you.
Phrozen_Death
Regular

October 2002
Re: Trutrac Torsen LSD "F Series" and "G Series" Centre Group Buy Wed, 02 February 2005 04:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
when is the cut off for the group buy as to get back to ya on yay or nay, just have to talk to a mate about it
brett_celicacoupe
Forums Junkie

February 2004
Re: Trutrac Torsen LSD "F Series" and "G Series" Centre Group Buy Thu, 03 February 2005 11:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
damn, i would probly get one if this was 6 - 12 monthes later.

any chance of stockpiling a few Razz

good on u for organising something like this

brett
ViPeR_NiPPleX
Forums Junkie

July 2003
Re: Trutrac Torsen LSD "F Series" and "G Series" Centre Group Buy Thu, 03 February 2005 11:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
EDIT: Too much expenses forces me too miss out on a trutrac, sorry Sad

[Updated on: Mon, 21 February 2005 02:02]

Driftspec
Regular

November 2003
Re: Trutrac Torsen LSD "F Series" and "G Series" Centre Group Buy Fri, 04 February 2005 00:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Will these fit any G series diff?

I have an MA70 4:3:1 Clutch LSD presently.

[Updated on: Fri, 04 February 2005 02:42]

eurospec86
Regular

October 2004
Re: Trutrac Torsen LSD "F Series" and "G Series" Centre Group Buy Fri, 04 February 2005 21:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
is the f series the same rear end in 81 celica supra? or will it fit that rearend? if so i would be in dependin on total shipped to me im overseas im in Barbados in the West Indies, can you please get me a total shipped also when are u collectin money? thanks and the cheapest shippin method will do please. Thanks
eurospec86
Regular

October 2004
Re: Trutrac Torsen LSD "F Series" and "G Series" Centre Group Buy Mon, 21 February 2005 14:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
whats latest word on this group buy when and who do i have to pay? thanks
Phrozen_Death
Regular

October 2002
Re: Trutrac Torsen LSD "F Series" and "G Series" Centre Group Buy Tue, 22 February 2005 04:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yep me to, as above
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Trutrac Torsen LSD "F Series" and "G Series" Centre Group Buy Tue, 22 February 2005 04:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
clint is currently in sunny sydney, so I'm guessing there will be a big update when he gets home, or when he begs for some net time Smile

(ps - I'm also keen for an update)
RA65 Sleeka
Regular

June 2003
Re: Trutrac Torsen LSD "F Series" and "G Series" Centre Group Buy Tue, 22 February 2005 05:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
im no longer in this group buy I got a new diff (a non slip locker) installed for $600 in Adelaide with a warranty
eurospec86
Regular

October 2004
Re: Trutrac Torsen LSD "F Series" and "G Series" Centre Group Buy Wed, 23 February 2005 15:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
anybody knows when hell be back?
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Trutrac Torsen LSD "F Series" and "G Series" Centre Group Buy Tue, 08 March 2005 23:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
oh clint baby - we miss you!
CLG
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

December 2002
Re: Trutrac Torsen LSD "F Series" and "G Series" Centre Group Buy Wed, 09 March 2005 04:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Back finally - was good way to spend 2K! Will update the list later in the week.
eurospec86
Regular

October 2004
Re: Trutrac Torsen LSD "F Series" and "G Series" Centre Group Buy Thu, 24 March 2005 19:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
heh how soon will this end also can you give me my total on a f series to Barbados, West Indies, BB. Im definately in. are they available now? or only when group buy done? please let me know thanks
mrsmart
Regular

October 2002
Re: Trutrac Torsen LSD "F Series" and "G Series" Centre Group Buy Sun, 27 March 2005 10:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey Clint,

Can you put me down for an F series one?

Send me a pm with your details and we'll work out a payment method.

Thanks!
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Trutrac Torsen LSD "F Series" and "G Series" Centre Group Buy Sun, 17 April 2005 02:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
clint baby - what's the news?
Viper_III
Regular

March 2005
Re: Trutrac Torsen LSD "F Series" and "G Series" Centre Group Buy Sun, 17 April 2005 13:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ah man...

i'd love to get one of these for my project...
bad damn.. the money factor...

how long till this deal goes down???

[Updated on: Sun, 17 April 2005 13:44]

woofa347
Regular

June 2004
Re: Trutrac Torsen LSD "F Series" and "G Series" Centre Group Buy Sun, 17 April 2005 14:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Very keen on an F series Smile
Whens this group buy close?
CLG
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

December 2002
Re: Trutrac Torsen LSD "F Series" and "G Series" Centre Group Buy Sun, 17 April 2005 14:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
OK, quick update - I've had three different prices for the F series centres from the company in America - it's becoming obvious I need to call them directly like the last group buy had to do to confirm everything, as they their best response time to an email from me has been 8 days. Unfortunately the prices on their website are not current, and trying to work out the best price to pay for them is not as easy as it sounds when dealing with a company thousands of miles away. I'm hoping to "flex" a bit of muscle by stating the values of all the units I wissh to buy this week, in the hope that I can get a firm answer from them, so we'll see how we go.

For those of you who've recently come across the thread, please read it all, I'll still include you in the group buy, but need confirmation of your intetion to buy and exactly what you want to buy, for exactly what sort of car (Particularly G series buyers - these vary greatly in price and part numbers).

If you want to go ahead and get in on the group buy, and have not confirm previously, please PM me with the title: "Trutrac Group Buy" and I'll forward you some info?!
woofa347
Regular

June 2004
Re: Trutrac Torsen LSD "F Series" and "G Series" Centre Group Buy Tue, 26 April 2005 22:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Is this group buy still going?
If so, defanetly put me down for an F series for MX73 Cressida.
You have PM Smile
joorsh
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: Trutrac Torsen LSD "F Series" and "G Series" Centre Group Buy Thu, 26 May 2005 03:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Again if the group buy is still going, put me down too. You have a PM.
pannelvan_screema
Regular

November 2002
Re: Trutrac Torsen LSD "F Series" and "G Series" Centre Group Buy Sat, 11 June 2005 15:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
??????Bump?????
CLG
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

December 2002
Re: Trutrac Torsen LSD "F Series" and "G Series" Centre Group Buy Sun, 12 June 2005 17:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yep, I still have everyone's info and details, and it is on my "to do" list, I'll pm/email everyone when I get to it, hopefully this week sometime.
willwal98
Regular

May 2002

Re: Trutrac Torsen LSD "F Series" and "G Series" Centre Group Buy Mon, 13 June 2005 03:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I thought this finished yonks ago? Is there a chance of it being available again?
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Trutrac Torsen LSD "F Series" and "G Series" Centre Group Buy Mon, 13 June 2005 04:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
it never went through, so I hope so. Mike - you still good to source bearings?
CLG
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

December 2002
Re: Trutrac Torsen LSD "F Series" and "G Series" Centre Group Buy Mon, 13 June 2005 04:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
It's a project that I've put on the backburner for a while, as I had no time to organise, people weren't jumping up and down for the item (most had to "save up" for it any way), but yes, I still want to do it as I need two centres myself, so if there are more people interested in the buy, PM with the details of the car you want the centre for, and i'll add you to the list. As I said earlier, it's something I hope to get to this week.
Viper_III
Regular

March 2005
Re: Trutrac Torsen LSD "F Series" and "G Series" Centre Group Buy Mon, 13 June 2005 04:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well, if you can put it on hold for another 2-3 weeks, ill be in again.

new job, new funds Laughing
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Trutrac Torsen LSD "F Series" and "G Series" Centre Group Buy Mon, 13 June 2005 05:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'm still in, whenever it goes ahead
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Trutrac Torsen LSD "F Series" and "G Series" Centre Group Buy Thu, 30 June 2005 13:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
any good news clint, you sexy hunk of man meat?
peeack
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

September 2004
Re: Trutrac Torsen LSD "F Series" and "G Series" Centre Group Buy Sun, 03 July 2005 14:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Oh, this is still going? Well, I'll start saving and if I get in on time I'll let you know before it's all sorted.
joorsh
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: Trutrac Torsen LSD "F Series" and "G Series" Centre Group Buy Sun, 03 July 2005 15:55 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
The diff-hungry mob grows restless...

FEED US!
Pages (3): [ «  <  1  2  3  >  »]   Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:FS: [NSW] 1GGZE Goodies
Next Topic:18R-C
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Mon May 6 18:18:36 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.016781091690063 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.