Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » The Outhouse » Ahhh the Good Old U S of A...

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Kr0n1k
Occasional Poster

February 2005
icon8.gif  Ahhh the Good Old U S of A... Sat, 05 February 2005 04:48 Go to next message
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/6914824/?GT1=6190

The most ridiculous fucking thing I have ever read... damn anyone who says their proud to be an American. I have lost all hope for this country.
  Send a private message to this user    
river
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: Ahhh the Good Old U S of A... Sat, 05 February 2005 05:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi,

That's 'cos half the country are money grabbing pussies who will sue at the drop of a hat, and the other half are lawyers who are willing to support these pussies and suck money from as many people as possible.

seeyuzz
river
Yian
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

August 2004
Re: Ahhh the Good Old U S of A... Sat, 05 February 2005 05:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
That's just so....
wrong
Kr0n1k
Occasional Poster

February 2005
Re: Ahhh the Good Old U S of A... Sat, 05 February 2005 06:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Maybe I'll move to AUS... a country that loves their Toyotas so much can't be half bad. Very Happy Even though I would most likely be reffered to as "yank"... god how I hate that. Just being from NY, and living down south, I get called yank by the damn rednecks. And driving on the opposite side... that would probably be interesting for the first few months lol.
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Ahhh the Good Old U S of A... Sat, 05 February 2005 07:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well.... that's about the most fucked up court decision I've read in a while.
Apart from that woman who successfully sued a department store for neglect after she trpped over a running child. The child just happened to be her own (this was in the USA of course)

I'd love to be a judge in those cases. I'd throw them out so hard they'd bounce, and warn them about making frivilous law suits.

fingers crossed australia's culture/legal system never stoops to rewarding that sort of stupidity
ZZT231
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

May 2002
Re: Ahhh the Good Old U S of A... Sat, 05 February 2005 07:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
But aren't we turning in to the USA? Look around us, everyone is sueing everyone else next thing we know, we can't go outside because someone may sue us in standing on the side of the road...
bathurst-91
Forums Junkie

April 2004

Re: Ahhh the Good Old U S of A... Sat, 05 February 2005 07:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I remember the first one I heard years back that I found a total joke

The coffee store serving someone coffee that someone bought then spilt on themselves and then sued the shop for making the coffee too hot....

I guess thats just a common occurance these days though. This one is the next step. And next we'll be hearing about people sneezing near someone and then being sued for giving them the flu.

[Updated on: Sat, 05 February 2005 07:27]

Evan
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: Ahhh the Good Old U S of A... Sat, 05 February 2005 08:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I don't know...they are some scary looking bitches. Laughing
And baking cookies for neighbours is gastly.
BlackMR2
Regular

December 2004
Re: Ahhh the Good Old U S of A... Mon, 07 February 2005 04:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
T and L club? F*ck that.. i wanta 10:30 visit from the T and A club Very Happy
bigg willie style
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: Ahhh the Good Old U S of A... Mon, 07 February 2005 04:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bathurst-91 wrote on Sat, 05 February 2005 18:27

The coffee store serving someone coffee that someone bought then spilt on themselves and then sued the shop for making the coffee too hot....

wasnt that mcdonalds? and now they have the warnings on the coffee cups.
rob_RA40
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Ahhh the Good Old U S of A... Mon, 07 February 2005 04:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bigg willie style wrote on Mon, 07 February 2005 15:44

bathurst-91 wrote on Sat, 05 February 2005 18:27

wasnt that mcdonalds? and now they have the warnings on the coffee cups.

and they did it in sienfeld too.. Laughing
finney
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: Ahhh the Good Old U S of A... Mon, 07 February 2005 05:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
fucktard.... that is all i have to say about that wench Mad

then again i wonder how she'd try to sue me for saying "Beer me Wench!" Laughing
Caledwvech
Forums Junkie

June 2003

Re: Ahhh the Good Old U S of A... Mon, 07 February 2005 06:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Loser. Man that would suck.

Actually, Sydney is the highest place for suing per capita. Sad But that one sucks.
rthy
Forums Junkie

January 2004
wtf is a jabber? a punch line?
Re: Ahhh the Good Old U S of A... Mon, 07 February 2005 06:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
BlackMR2 wrote on Mon, 07 February 2005 15:37

T and L club? F*ck that.. i wanta 10:30 visit from the T and A club Very Happy

i read that and agree Very Happy
Farkurnell
Regular

February 2005

Re: Ahhh the Good Old U S of A... Mon, 07 February 2005 06:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kr0n1k wrote on Sat, 05 February 2005 17:03

And driving on the opposite side... that would probably be interesting for the first few months lol.

It's interesting all the time. My daily driver is a LHD 66 Mustang. It's great, ya get some weird looks, especially when I have one of the kids in the car with me. A Cop car followed me home one day cause they thought my 12 year old son was driving. The felt like fuckwits when they saw it was LHD.

Cheers, Greg.
riceburna73
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: Ahhh the Good Old U S of A... Mon, 07 February 2005 06:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
this cracked me up,,

The Denver Post reported Friday that the girls had decided to stay home and bake the cookies rather than go to a dance where there might be cursing and drinking.

Oh no cursing and drinking,we ll stay home instead drop a couple of pills and bake some cookies for our neighbors,then they can also experience the love we feel for everyone right now..

Unfortunately this is starting to happen here,maybe not to that extent but there was a guy who was recently awarded 4 million bucks after he crashed his car and became a quad, there were roadworks at the time and a posted speed limit of 60,he was doing 80 and rolled the car after loosing control. He won because there apparently weren't enough posted signs indicating the loose surface/roadworks,there were three in the space of 500 meters Rolling Eyes
EldarO
Forums Junkie

December 2004
Re: Ahhh the Good Old U S of A... Mon, 07 February 2005 15:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i could probably sue that media company for reporting something that enfuriated me...

America is doomed, and they're taking everyone else with them, its like shooting yourself in the leg while your sitting on a boat full of other people, tool.
Shraka
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Ahhh the Good Old U S of A... Mon, 07 February 2005 22:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
EldarO wrote on Tue, 08 February 2005 02:46

i could probably sue that media company for reporting something that enfuriated me...

America is doomed, and they're taking everyone else with them, its like shooting yourself in the leg while your sitting on a boat full of other people, tool.

It's more like shooting yourself in the foot, then blaming everyone else for it and forcing them to shoot eachother in the foot through some retarded legal system that just does not work.

P.S. Poor girls. Sure it's a bit silly to be wandering around at 10:30 at night, but jeez! I'd hate to be dumb... or American (no offence to any non dumb Americans, but even you know you're a very small minority).

[Updated on: Mon, 07 February 2005 22:57]

Kr0n1k
Occasional Poster

February 2005
Re: Ahhh the Good Old U S of A... Tue, 08 February 2005 03:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
a very very very very very very sssssssmmmmmmmaaaaaaaaaaaaaalllllllllllllllllll minority. we like to call the majority and where they live "dumbfuckistan" and hate their president (Bush).

http://www.cnn.com/ELECTION/2004/pages/results/ele ctoral.college/

map of dumbfuckistan (red states) and oh boy, now i live there Sad free school though cos me ma is poor. can't complain too much.
b1gb3n
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

June 2004
Re: Ahhh the Good Old U S of A... Tue, 08 February 2005 04:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
if aus is becoming america, when can we find some reason to sue today tonight and ACA??
river
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: Ahhh the Good Old U S of A... Tue, 08 February 2005 09:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi,

riceburna73 wrote on Mon, 07 February 2005 17:41

Unfortunately this is starting to happen here,maybe not to that extent but there was a guy who was recently awarded 4 million bucks after he crashed his car and became a quad, there were roadworks at the time and a posted speed limit of 60,he was doing 80 and rolled the car after loosing control. He won because there apparently weren't enough posted signs indicating the loose surface/roadworks,there were three in the space of 500 meters Rolling Eyes

Really? That's pathetic. Sounds like those knuckleheads that dive into water, break their neck, end up being a quad, and then suing some council or whoever else for their own stupidity.

I'd be a poor Judge 'cos most of the fucktards that come to my court would be told to "Take some responsibility for yourself, now fuck off. Next!"

seeyuzz
river
Caledwvech
Forums Junkie

June 2003

Re: Ahhh the Good Old U S of A... Wed, 09 February 2005 02:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
In Sydney....

High Court re-awards injured swimmer $3m
12:00 AEDT Wed Feb 9 2005

A swimmer who became a quadriplegic after diving into a wave at Bondi Beach has won back more than $3 million in damages.

The High Court upheld an award of $3.75 million in damages to Guy Edward Swain, who suffered severe spinal injuries when he dived into a wave at the famous Sydney beach in 1997.

The High Court judges ruled 3-2 that there was sufficient evidence on which a jury could be reasonably satisfied that Sydney's Waverley Council had been negligent.

In May 2002, a NSW Supreme Court jury found the council responsible for injuries suffered by Mr Swain, then 24, who hit his head while swimming between surf life saving flags at Bondi Beach on November 7, 1997.

It found the council was negligent because flags had been erected where there was a sand bank, and no warning signs alerted swimmers about the bar.

The council was ordered to pay out $3.75 million.

But in April 2003, the NSW Court of Appeal overturned the decision.

Mr Swain then turned to the High Court, arguing the Court of Appeal was wrong in ruling no reasonable jury could have found the council liable for his injuries.

On Wednesday a majority of the High Court found it was open to the jury to accept Mr Swain's version of how he was injured.

It was also open to the jury to conclude that in placing the flags, the council should have exercised reasonable care to prevent injury to bathers.

Whether or not the risk posed by the sandbar was obvious was a question of fact and it was open to the jury to conclude that the sandbar was a concealed hazard, they said.
riceburna73
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: Ahhh the Good Old U S of A... Fri, 11 February 2005 04:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
what a fukktard..
ever thought of why cops shoot to kill?
rsdeo
Regular

January 2004
Re: Ahhh the Good Old U S of A... Fri, 11 February 2005 18:22 Go to previous message
People suck don't they? The US is so litigation crazy. Luckily Canada is not like that and I hope it doesn't become that way.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:ive never seen a slowplow this big before
Next Topic:These wheels? good, bad, fugly?
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 23:47:11 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0064480304718018 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.