Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Members Rides » Tiffs RA28 (THE 18RG RESURRECTION!)

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
SHEwiththe18RG
Regular

November 2004
icon10.gif  Tiffs RA28 (THE 18RG RESURRECTION!) Sat, 05 February 2005 07:56 Go to next message
My Celica Very Happy

1977 RA28 Celica
Fully rebuilt 18RG
Twin Solex carburettas
Big fat extractors
King springs
Shiney wooden steering wheel
Rustless doors

Still to come:
New shocks
Mags, 15inch deep dish
Bucket seats
New interior
All new seals
Good speakers
Webbers

Bought the car in May 2004 from the coast with plans to do it up eventually. First thing we did was drop an 18RG into it, then a few months later rebuilt it, repaired most external rust, put new springs in it... There's a lot of work to be done but it's coming along nicely. I took out all the interior from the back end of the car and will most likely replace it with custom made bits. The back seat needs reupholstering, or replacing even. As do the front seats. New mags are next on my shopping list, gotta start saving $$$!! I'll get some new pictures up really soon, until then...

http://img270.echo.cx/img270/4760/engine8ci.th.jpg

http://img286.echo.cx/img286/7552/ra2828lw.th.jpg

[Updated on: Wed, 13 July 2005 08:48]

Send a private message to this user    
R-Lo
Regular

April 2004
Re: Tiffs RA28 18RG Sat, 05 February 2005 08:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nice car tiffany, always liked the mustang back on those celica's, muscle as.
nightdevil
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

June 2003

Re: Tiffs RA28 18RG Sat, 05 February 2005 08:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thats straight as a ruler Tiff. hmmm if i owned ur car id get a set of 14/15x8 deep dish rims. They look really mean when u chuck fattys on 'em.
matt_84
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: Tiffs RA28 18RG Sat, 05 February 2005 10:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Glad to see the 18rg running well for you, hope it serves you, and the ra28 well Very Happy

Now to get my 28 on the road.

Matt
lobby69
Regular

January 2005
Re: Tiffs RA28 18RG Sat, 05 February 2005 10:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
looks sweet!

maybe some day my NEW mx13 corona will beat u down the 1/4

no plans as yet to modify it, just cruze in it!,

and yes, for fun, i WILL take it down the 1/4!!!

cheers,

blake
SHEwiththe18RG
Regular

November 2004
Re: Tiffs RA28 18RG Sat, 05 February 2005 12:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah looking at the pictures i took with my brothers wheels, theyre not really what i want. i think i'll go maybe 15s, deep dish, some simmons or something similar. we sort of sat his new wheels up against my car and stood back and they looked heaps good. Ive just found a buyer for my corona, (well he found me) and so I'm gonna be able to buy new wheels, shocks and bushes for my celica. Then that just leaves the rust... for now anyways.
spectre
Regular

July 2004
Re: Tiffs RA28 18RG Sat, 05 February 2005 14:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
A nice start. All original interior? Are you planning on a respray in the future and what colour were you thinking of going? ooo! and does your clock work...

[Updated on: Sat, 05 February 2005 14:41]

jeffro RA28
Regular

August 2004
Re: Tiffs RA28 18RG Sun, 06 February 2005 03:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey, looks like a very nice clean car, looks kinda tasty with the KFC to.

How does the 18rg perform?

I cant wait till my 28 is on the road.
SHEwiththe18RG
Regular

November 2004
Re: Tiffs RA28 18RG Sun, 06 February 2005 04:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah it goes hard. its a top end kinda engine so from like 4000 it lights up.im really happy with the way its running at the moment, for a while there i was losing hope but my new distributor did the trick.
i think the interior is all original. maybe not the carpet though, that looks a little rough and its not fitted real good. my clock is constantly ticking (loudly) but it doesnt keep the time, it just goes at its own speed.
my seats consist mainly of duct tape, so im gonna keep an eye out for new ones.
ive got that teeny little multi-directional light in my car, i heard they are hard to come by. i think its great, on more than one occasion now ive accidently left it on all night but had no trouble starting up the next mornin cuz it uses next to no power.
ive got a tape player, bought the car with it, but im not motivated enough to install a good sound system cuz ive had two stolen already out of previous cars Sad the fun is just gone now.
oneday hopefully soon i'll get the interior up to scatch but i'd rather fix up the rust first.
i would LOVE my car black, but me dad reckons its too much of a hassle to change the colour of the car so i'll just respray it white. white would be my 2nd option anyway. its more practical than black too when you dont have air conditioning!!!
Yian
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

August 2004
Re: Tiffs RA28 18RG Sun, 06 February 2005 06:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mmmm KFC.

But yeah, nice car Smile .
gold28
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: Tiffs RA28 18RG Tue, 08 February 2005 00:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey Tiffany,

Saw the car yesterday, very nice and I love the wood steerer.

The clocks have a pot type adjustment on the back of the housing to change the speed of them.

If you are gonna respray it then I would look at the colour of Rods "thetoyman75" Ta22. It is a metallic white and looks fantastic. That, some fat wheels and all red trim would make a very sweet ride.

Anthony
TurboRA28
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Tiffs RA28 18RG Tue, 08 February 2005 00:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Very nice 28 there Smile

I actually saw it in person 2 - 3 years ago when the old owner brought it around to my house. Looking much better now though especially with the new engine in there.

Loving all the 28s that are getting done up at the moment ! Smile
SHEwiththe18RG
Regular

November 2004
Re: Tiffs RA28 18RG Sat, 12 February 2005 08:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Very Happy

[Updated on: Wed, 18 May 2005 03:00]

Steve M
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: Tiffs RA28 18RG Sun, 13 February 2005 05:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nice 28 you've got there.

I reckon I'd be hooking up some kind of filter to that cam cover breather though, just so it doesn't stink and no crap gets in.

The steering wheel goes quite nicely in there doesn't it. My brother just picked up a woodgrain one for his red RA28.

That photo job makes it look a little ... different, isn't it.

TA-022
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

March 2004
Re: Tiffs RA28 18RG Sat, 26 February 2005 10:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
you know you want this
http://users.tpg.com.au/nbdean/Members/this.jpg

but yeah nice car... i cant get over the mint dash work and the fact that your clock moves!

i have three and none work!~ on that the motors do but not the gears....guess ill try a clock smith or something

....nice one Tiff!

Nathan
jesseT18
Forums Junkie

February 2004
Re: Tiffs RA28 18RG Sun, 27 February 2005 02:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nathan- nice Shelby GT500 you got there!

Tiff- i think its time the 18-RG tradgedy gets released to the toymods public
TA-022
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

March 2004
Re: Tiffs RA28 18RG Sun, 27 February 2005 11:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
jesseT18 wrote on Sun, 27 February 2005 13:47

Tiff- i think its time the 18-RG tradgedy gets released to the toymods public

what 18rg tragedy? what's happened?!
SHEwiththe18RG
Regular

November 2004
Re: Tiffs RA28 18RG Sun, 27 February 2005 21:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
okay okay yeah shes off the road for now. on my way to the drags the other week something went wrong and i barely made it home that night. thought it was just the carbies but turns out it was bearings n stuff. we pulled the engine apart, gonna rebuild it good as new though. the crank, head, block, pistons and some other bits n pieces are in the trusted care of 'black bob' who's gonna acid dip n bore n strip n all that kind of stuff. then we gotta put it all back together again. all new gaskets n stuff then she should be good to go. i was really upset at first but i know its gonna run a hell of a lot better in the end. meanwhile, i am SO sick of trains! and walking! Sad
river
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: Tiffs RA28 18RG Sun, 27 February 2005 22:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi,

Nice car!

I bet you wished you hadn't sold the 'rona now - well, not until the '28 is back on the road.

seeyuzz
river
gold28
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: Tiffs RA28 18RG Sun, 27 February 2005 23:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sorry to hear that it turned out to be bearing problems Sad , Was it the big ends?? I'm glad you decided not to run it at the drags, a thrashing would have done awefull things to your crank.

River..... so the 18RG's spit big ends too, I thing you'r gonna cop a little flac over this one Razz

THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: Tiffs RA28 18RG Sun, 27 February 2005 23:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah mine popped a couple of rod bearings, thanks to a lack of oil and heavy cornering methinks (almost 2 years ago now)...

Nice car, sorry to hear about the engine. If it makes you feel better im STILL rebuilding mine!!
gold28
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: Tiffs RA28 18RG Mon, 28 February 2005 01:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
THE WITZL wrote on Mon, 28 February 2005 10:50

If it makes you feel better im STILL rebuilding mine!!

Somehow I don't think your 2 year rebuild is gonna make her feel any better, catching public transport and all.

Ohh river, thats 2 Razz
SHEwiththe18RG
Regular

November 2004
Re: Tiffs RA28 18RG Mon, 28 February 2005 01:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah its the big end bearing. the timing chain tensioner was badly worn too, which made chunks of rubber n stuff build up in the sump. the rings were worn but not too bad. my crank is fine, im lucky. rego runs out today! so we'll get this all back together as quick as possible. i got just a little problem with rust too- the floor has rusted through where the excellerator is bolted onto the floor. the areas not too big but we'll probably have to weld a plate on really soon. hmmm, its depressing, but nothing unfixable has come up, so i gotta stay positive. i seen written in some dudes signature "if it breaks, it needed replacing anyway"
river
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: Tiffs RA28 18RG Mon, 28 February 2005 02:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi,

It must of been one of Witzls old engines!!!!! He's the only person I know who has the ability to blew up these indestrucable motors. Smile

Unlike the 1GGTE engine which is made of plastic - especially the bearings. Laughing

Tiff, you should get Gold28 to do the bearing swap. I think he does one a month!

nyuk nyuk nyuk

seeyuzz
river
gold28
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: Tiffs RA28 18RG Mon, 28 February 2005 02:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
River beware, Karma is a very vengefull elephant.......

Ohh and did you see that funny looking rear bumper on Tiffs car. I honestly don't know how people can live with thoes shabby imported parts.
river
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: Tiffs RA28 18RG Mon, 28 February 2005 02:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi,

gold28 wrote on Mon, 28 February 2005 13:37

Ohh and did you see that funny looking rear bumper on Tiffs car. I honestly don't know how people can live with thoes shabby imported parts.

That's what gives the car that extra bit of class over your average RA28. However, I will PM Jesse and see if he can get out the spanner set and remove that bumper for safe keeping.

seeyuzz
river
TA-022
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

March 2004
Re: Tiffs RA28 18RG Mon, 28 February 2005 10:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
haha just noticed the dodgy temp sensor wire.

is it just me or does everyone use yellow for this?!

i just re-ran mine tonight..it was yellow/green stripe..lol

what doe syour temp guage sit on for normal peeps?
mine never went above 1/4 way from castle hill to penrith...i booted it plenty...1st drive and all.

Cheers

Nathan

PS sad to hear bout the motor tiff....but like you said it'll go a hell of alot harder now.
AnNa340
Occasional Poster

August 2004
Re: Tiffs RA28 18RG Tue, 01 March 2005 06:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sorry to hear bout that tiff..
i went past your house and saw it covered.. made me so sad to see it just sitting there covered..
hey jesse i have a great idea.. why dont u lend tiff your car..? hehe!
Lambolica
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: Tiffs RA28 18RG Tue, 01 March 2005 10:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Oh shame about the engine Tiff, But she'll be back stronger than ever. I saw it under covers on sunday and wondered what was happening.

Gold28, River... are you 2 still at it?? Razz
river
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: Tiffs RA28 18RG Tue, 01 March 2005 11:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi,

Lambolica wrote on Tue, 01 March 2005 21:53

Gold28, River... are you 2 still at it?? Razz

Not for much longer. He couldn't take the taunts and is blubbering off to Europe somewhere. But, fear not, I'll track him down and find him, and then taunt him some more.

BAWAHAHAHAHAHA! Evil or Very Mad

seeyuzz
river
SHEwiththe18RG
Regular

November 2004
Re: Tiffs RA28 18RG Tue, 01 March 2005 21:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Anna- Thats a GREAT idea! haha cmon jesse...its jus sittin there, registered an all! i cant take much more of this walkin. i hurt my ankle n everything Crying or Very Sad
yeah i hate havin it jus sittin there covered, its so sad. Still havent heard from the crank guy bout my bits n pieces. but fingers crossed we'll get them back by this weekend then we can get started putting it all back together.
i miss my car Crying or Very Sad
jesseT18
Forums Junkie

February 2004
Re: Tiffs RA28 18RG Wed, 02 March 2005 05:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah great idea anna Mad friendship OVER!
it had NO rego! until today, and i work on it EVERY day! so bah!
but yeah emergencys i guess you could have a little drive. just so you understand whos got the best car in the family. Razz

[Updated on: Wed, 02 March 2005 05:24]

SHEwiththe18RG
Regular

November 2004
Re: Tiffs RA28 18RG Wed, 18 May 2005 02:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
*see up top for my update Very Happy
TA-022
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

March 2004
Re: Tiffs RA28 18RG Wed, 18 May 2005 06:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
YAY! glad to hear it's up and running again! Very Happy

we all need a 28 get together!

***/me drools "ohhhhhh r a 2 8 ' s***
SHEwiththe18RG
Regular

November 2004
Re: Tiffs RA28 (THE 18RG RESURRECTION!) Sun, 22 May 2005 06:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
failed the rego check mainly because of rust! fixing the worst bits this weekend, here's some pictures

http://img270.echo.cx/img270/4223/rustypettytank2on.th.jpg

http://img270.echo.cx/img270/3412/rustydoor6dt.th.jpg

http://img270.echo.cx/img270/3713/rustywindow1rt.th.jpg

need springs too before i can take it back for a 2nd try.

anyone know where i can get a complete seal kit for my car?
Tommo
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: Tiffs RA28 (THE 18RG RESURRECTION!) Sun, 22 May 2005 06:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I would try rare spares for the seal kit.
SHEwiththe18RG
Regular

November 2004
Re: Tiffs RA28 (THE 18RG RESURRECTION!) Tue, 24 May 2005 07:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
should be ready for attempted blue slip number 2 on thursday. thats pretty much my dead line as the 3 month unrego'd mark is friday. today i bought some new springs (yay)
http://img284.echo.cx/img284/9729/kings3lo.th.jpg

and dad put paint on the fixed up bits
http://img284.echo.cx/img284/7856/dave5ns.th.jpg

so fingers crossed we get it ready in time. the guy MUST pass it this time, if he doesnt i'll try cry until he passes it!
h3ff44
Forums Junkie

February 2005
Re: Tiffs RA28 (THE 18RG RESURRECTION!) Tue, 24 May 2005 07:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
good work... i hope u can get it!!!
TA-022
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

March 2004
Re: Tiffs RA28 (THE 18RG RESURRECTION!) Tue, 24 May 2005 10:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i don't have a daddy Crying or Very Sad Wink
SHEwiththe18RG
Regular

November 2004
icon10.gif  Re: Tiffs RA28 (THE 18RG RESURRECTION!) Fri, 27 May 2005 03:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Very Happy i drove to work today--LEGALLY!! for the first time in three months. it feels sooooooo gooood! it only JUST passed the rego check, the guy wasnt happy bout some of the hatch rust but couldnt really fail me a 2nd time cuz we had done SO much work to it in one week! that and he could probably see the sad desperation in my eyes!
so tonight will be the first night my car has been to my new house, as its been living at my parents house/wrecking yard!
well, just wanted to share my excitement with the toymods public, YAY! see you all on the road Wink

Tiffany.
THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: Tiffs RA28 (THE 18RG RESURRECTION!) Fri, 27 May 2005 11:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ouch - that hatch rust looks bad Sad I hope it gets fixed up good Smile

i took mine for a run up and down my street a couple of weeks ago and have the bug back. There will be some "turbo 18rg rebuilding" going on with just a quikc set of new rings for the "detonation master" 18RG and then some rego.... and then a little bit of weekend driving!! yay! Smiley =

Of course the OTHER 18R-G project engine is still in research and parts procurement stages, but that's a long term thing and i would rather drive the car around than let it sit out the back unloved...
SHEwiththe18RG
Regular

November 2004
Re: Tiffs RA28 (THE 18RG RESURRECTION!) Sun, 29 May 2005 03:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
FOR SURE u need the celica on the road. These cars need to be shown off Very Happy
I went to watch my bro at the drifts on Friday night and as I was leaving some random guy came up to me asking what kind of car it was, he was so impressed, as was I!!!
I cant help it, I love the attention!
yeh the rust the guy got mad about is on the inside, we're workin on it today.

http://img287.echo.cx/img287/4537/yucker8ah.th.jpg

The back window leaks really bad at the two bottom corners. We're only going to do a bodgie job until I get a seal kit then we'll probably take the window out and do the boot lip too.

I knew it was a rust bucket when I bought it but what can I say? I'm in love!
http://img280.echo.cx/img280/9039/love7ht.th.jpg

[Updated on: Sun, 29 May 2005 03:24]

ra_28
Regular

April 2004
Re: Tiffs RA28 (THE 18RG RESURRECTION!) Sun, 29 May 2005 03:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yep once you have had the 28 there no turning back its love all the way. Until you find another 28 then your torn between two 28s my love life is so hard. Very Happy

[Updated on: Sun, 29 May 2005 03:36]

TA-022
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

March 2004
Re: Tiffs RA28 (THE 18RG RESURRECTION!) Sun, 29 May 2005 08:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
wha?! you were there too!

you guys really have to make yourselves known.
SHEwiththe18RG
Regular

November 2004
Re: Tiffs RA28 (THE 18RG RESURRECTION!) Mon, 30 May 2005 03:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah i saw your car! my appologies- i may have got some DROOL on it!! all the trim seems to be there (mine lacks) and the flares and side skirts are HOT! thumbs up, i'd like to see it in the daylight one day. i was parked over in the rocky dirty car park with all the rough cars, so you probably wouldnt have seen mine. maybe next time Smiley =
h3ff44
Forums Junkie

February 2005
Re: Tiffs RA28 (THE 18RG RESURRECTION!) Mon, 30 May 2005 09:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i am ur daddy Laughing

like wtf?
so hows the beast?
TA-022
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

March 2004
Re: Tiffs RA28 (THE 18RG RESURRECTION!) Mon, 30 May 2005 12:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
were you there on the hill with like 10+ peeps?

coz i was only 2 metres behind left....they all seemed to know jess.

don't really expect to see other 28's out there (haven't seen one yet)but will keep an eye out now.

how bad is the hatch rust ... cos i may know where to get another one....

Good Luck!
SHEwiththe18RG
Regular

November 2004
Re: Tiffs RA28 (THE 18RG RESURRECTION!) Tue, 31 May 2005 02:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nah i was sitting behind jesse's mates sorta to the right with my boyfriend. probably right next to you hhahaha!
my hatch isnt too bad. we're going to take out the window when ive got seals, then i'll know for sure how bad it is. the REALLY bad rust is around the boot seals. its going to need serious welding. above the hatch hinges theres rust which will need welding, and thats going to wreck my paint on the roof Sad
we'll get it sorted. a lot of work to be done but thats the price you pay for a 28 year old car i guess!
AnNa340
Occasional Poster

August 2004
Re: Tiffs RA28 (THE 18RG RESURRECTION!) Tue, 31 May 2005 03:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i love your car tiff..
just before u left the drifts we were walking to whitchys car and urs looked sooo hot just sitting there.. everytime i see u driving it im like Sad im so jealous!

but yeah.. looking good! Very Happy
SHEwiththe18RG
Regular

November 2004
Re: Tiffs RA28 (THE 18RG RESURRECTION!) Tue, 31 May 2005 07:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cheers anna, we have to find you one!! Wink

if you guys think my car is hot, you should see my bike Evil or Very Mad

http://img246.echo.cx/img246/4077/oldschool6kd.th.jpg

yes, im trapped in the 70's
haha i was born 20 years too late me thinks!
omegaman
Regular

August 2003
Re: Tiffs RA28 (THE 18RG RESURRECTION!) Wed, 01 June 2005 10:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nice Dragster bike, reminds me of the old days.Love the ra28s.
Keep the dream alive people. Razz
h3ff44
Forums Junkie

February 2005
Re: Tiffs RA28 (THE 18RG RESURRECTION!) Thu, 02 June 2005 05:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nice bike man... always wanted one of them to modify... wanted a ride on lawn mower rear wheel on it (at the back) a nice 7" wide rim n like 225 or something lol... Rolling Eyes

my teacher would let me construct it in the class! stupid bitch
BOCKA
Forums Junkie

March 2005
Re: Tiffs RA28 (THE 18RG RESURRECTION!) Thu, 02 June 2005 05:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nice lookin ra28! i like it in white too.. go the mini mustang
SHEwiththe18RG
Regular

November 2004
Re: Tiffs RA28 (THE 18RG RESURRECTION!) Mon, 06 June 2005 02:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
MY CARBIES ARE CURSED!! Mad
well i got four days of driving in before they carked it again. i HATE solexes. nothing but trouble it would seem. its kind of sad because we fully rebuilt the engine thinking that was the main reason my car was running bad, but turns out it was the carbies makin it run bad. still, the engine needed the rebuild so no regrets there.... but for now, will somebody please sell me a pair of webbers??? pretty please??
h3ff44
Forums Junkie

February 2005
Re: Tiffs RA28 (THE 18RG RESURRECTION!) Mon, 06 June 2005 23:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dang tuff break dude...

if i had some weber i would sell em but i dont- soz good luck hope u find some.
SHEwiththe18RG
Regular

November 2004
Re: Tiffs RA28 (THE 18RG RESURRECTION!) Wed, 13 July 2005 09:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Time for an update me thinks!: After about 2 carby rebuilds with no improvement we decided to take out the petty tank, found some dodgy repair work which could have covered up a previous air leak, fixed that up and now she runs like a dream! The solexes are still causing greif but the petty tank was the culprit! I wanna fix a few more things up before i take it to the drags for a run but im really looking forward to it. I need to find where to get new jets for my carbies so if anyone knows that would be a great help. meanwhile, i'll see all you good people on the road Cool
Tiffany
jesseT18
Forums Junkie

February 2004
Re: Tiffs RA28 (THE 18RG RESURRECTION!) Wed, 13 July 2005 09:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
1971 crown wagon
VS
1977 RA28 celica!

its on!
gold28
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: Tiffs RA28 (THE 18RG RESURRECTION!) Wed, 13 July 2005 17:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Great to hear you got your issues sorted out. It will be nice to finally have it back on the road again.

I used to get my solex parts from a shop on paramatta road, about 1km city side of Strathfield. Can't remember their name but they were very helpfull and had the parts I needed in stock. It's on the right hand side as your going towards the city. Go for a drive and talk to them about it.

let us know how she performs at the drags and have heaps of fun.

Anthony
Lambolica
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: Tiffs RA28 (THE 18RG RESURRECTION!) Wed, 13 July 2005 22:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I think that might be Frank Kleins workshop?!?

PM river on these forums and ask him where he had is Solexes done. He'll be more than happy to help anyone with an 18R-G.

Did you use a rebuilt Kit when you did the solexes over? I'm going to need 2 rebuild kits shortly myself.
jesseT18
Forums Junkie

February 2004
Re: Tiffs RA28 (THE 18RG RESURRECTION!) Thu, 14 July 2005 05:54 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
river got his carbs tuned at franks, which is where we took tiffs car last time
Pages (2): [1  2  >  »]   Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Simon-AE86's NEW drift car -finally running but not finished
Next Topic:Devils Rolla's Jza70 { gettin bac to a former glory }
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sat Apr 27 17:34:36 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.010374069213867 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.