Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Tech & Conversions » Best 2 Ltr Engine???

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
*rivmasta*
Occasional Poster

March 2003
Best 2 Ltr Engine??? Sat, 05 February 2005 08:22 Go to next message
Hey all,

Dumb question time... Our cars class is restricted to 1600cc at the moment (20v)... but there are whispers on the wind that it may go 2ltr...

Options we're considering are: SR20DE (cant afford the VE!) Honda K20 (cant afford the S2000!) but Ive heard talk of a 7??? (1800cc anyway) that I can bolt the 20v head to. Supposedly pretty torquey...

Before I go any further I want to know if someone is blowing smoke up my butt, or if its actually possible. And if it is, has anyone here done it?

Finally, if the capacity is 1800 we're gonna want to go right to brink and bore and or stoke it to 2ltr... is it possible?
  Send a private message to this user    
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Best 2 Ltr Engine??? Sat, 05 February 2005 08:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
you're thinking 7a-fe - not a bad little engine, but not what you're after - 115bhp stock. it's an econ motor (though I heard rumours of someone turboing it doing fairly well)

I guess the beams 3s-ge is out of your range too? (I assume you're looking for a rwd setup, so I wont suggest the 2zz-ge)

the sr20 is prolly gonna be your best bet, with all the mods readily available for it, should be fairly easy to crank some decent ponies out of it.
MX73_drifter
Forums Junkie

October 2004

Re: Best 2 Ltr Engine??? Sat, 05 February 2005 08:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sr20's have awsome torque
if u want power its their
slydar
Regular

December 2003
Re: Best 2 Ltr Engine??? Sat, 05 February 2005 09:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
you can bolt the 20v to the 7a bottom end. ask here http://www.ozclubbies.com/phpBB2/ , look for speed racer, he'll be able to give you good advise.

basically, its all good and youll get a bit more compresion, but the rods are shitty. conversion uses or porsche 924 timing belt.
Toobs
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

December 2002

Re: Best 2 Ltr Engine??? Sat, 05 February 2005 10:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
3SGE or SR20 would be the way to go I reckon.
Fattony
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Best 2 Ltr Engine??? Sat, 05 February 2005 22:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I assume that you cant use boost in this class, and if you can run 1800cc why not use a ba18c3 motor from a vtir honda they can be used to make fantastic power

Cheers Adam
ViPeR_NiPPleX
Forums Junkie

July 2003
Re: Best 2 Ltr Engine??? Sun, 06 February 2005 05:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Beams 3S-GE.
Mr DOHC
Forums Junkie

October 2002

Re: Best 2 Ltr Engine??? Sun, 06 February 2005 08:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
18RC Razz
Dirty_Sanchez
Regular

January 2004

Re: Best 2 Ltr Engine??? Sun, 06 February 2005 08:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
1ggte!

*runs*
jcmunga
Regular

November 2004
Re: Best 2 Ltr Engine??? Sun, 06 February 2005 08:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i seccond that, 1ggte was my choice.
do it!
dingaling
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: Best 2 Ltr Engine??? Sun, 06 February 2005 09:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
BEAMS 3SGE!!
Norbie
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Best 2 Ltr Engine??? Sun, 06 February 2005 11:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well he's obviously limited to atmo engines in his class, so the 1G-GTE is out. I agree the BEAMS 3S-GE is a great option - 210hp from the factory is nothing to sneeze at, and you'd have to work pretty hard to squeeze that sort of power out of a run-of-the-mill 2 litre engine.
drift86levin
Forums Junkie

August 2004
Re: Best 2 Ltr Engine??? Sun, 06 February 2005 12:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Fattony wrote on Sun, 06 February 2005 09:09

I assume that you cant use boost in this class, and if you can run 1800cc why not use a ba18c3 motor from a vtir honda they can be used to make fantastic power

Cheers Adam

all of the honda FWD motors spin the reverse direction..the only Honda motor i definitly know doesn't is the S2000 motor..whats the problem with this?? unless you like 1 foward gear and 5 reverse gears nothing..but unless you want to make a gearbox from scratch..well..i'll leave it at that.. Rolling Eyes

me..i'ld go for a 3SGE..purly for the fact that it's belt driven, extrodinarilly plentyful..'toyota' Razz ...it's just something about a very 'Modern' engine still using a timing chain that doesn't tickle my fancy...

both motors are 86x86 bore stroke..and i think there is more aftermarket for a NA 3S than an NA SR20..

But advantage to the SR20..factory rwd format avalible!! sadly the RWD 3S is pretty umm $$$$$$$..

carsanactra
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Best 2 Ltr Engine??? Sun, 06 February 2005 12:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
whatever is in the honda s2000, dont know the engine model.

my dad use to drive one, and all i can say is "WOW" Shocked
xolent
Forums Junkie

October 2004
Re: Best 2 Ltr Engine??? Sun, 06 February 2005 19:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
carsanactra wrote on Sun, 06 February 2005 23:55

whatever is in the honda s2000, dont know the engine model.

my dad use to drive one, and all i can say is "WOW" Shocked

*rivmasta* wrote

(cant afford the S2000!)

called f20c

[Updated on: Sun, 06 February 2005 19:58]

gianttomato
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Best 2 Ltr Engine??? Sun, 06 February 2005 22:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
1X.
Allan
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Best 2 Ltr Engine??? Sun, 06 February 2005 23:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nissan CA20 - TWIN FOULER... i meen twin plug
Mookie
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: Best 2 Ltr Engine??? Sun, 06 February 2005 23:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
what about a 1gge ?
Or maybe get a gen 3 1ggte and take the turbo's off it and rebuild it with a high comp ratio ?
I've never even thought of this before but i thought i might throw it into the ring anyway.
Mookie
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: Best 2 Ltr Engine??? Sun, 06 February 2005 23:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Cheers Adam[/quote]

all of the honda FWD motors spin the reverse direction..the only Honda motor i definitly know doesn't is the S2000 motor..whats the problem with this?? unless you like 1 foward gear and 5 reverse gears nothing..but unless you want to make a gearbox from scratch..well..i'll leave it at that.. Rolling Eyes

[/quote]
This happened witha go cart i made i went from a chainsaw motor to a lawn mower motor .
I started it up hit the gas and flew off in reverse !!!!
scared the shit out of me. Laughing Laughing
Fattony
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Best 2 Ltr Engine??? Sun, 06 February 2005 23:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
drift86levin: Crap even though i own a honda integra i didnt know that the motors spun in the opposite direction, learn something new every day, interesting though to say none the less.

Cheers Adam
*rivmasta*
Occasional Poster

March 2003
Re: Best 2 Ltr Engine??? Mon, 07 February 2005 06:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Cheers all, its all good info.

to summarise, 3SGE seems pretty popular, but pricey.

The 7a option could be a hassle and still not get what I want. (Ill check into the clubbies site though).

The S2000 is definately a big dollar option. Other honda's that spin clockwise are available - its the K series motors (I think) that go anticlockwise...

Looks like my best option will still be SR20. There are already quite a few offroaders running these mated to VW, Porsche and Renault transaxles so adapting them is off the shelf.

Im still looking into the honda, 20v 7ag and 3gse options.

Thanks again - I'll post back in a month or so and let you all know how I went.
Johnny
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Best 2 Ltr Engine??? Mon, 07 February 2005 13:14 Go to previous message
The early honda CRV block (B20??->2.0L) and with an early Integra type-R VTEC head would also be worth considering.. does bolt on and produce heaps of grunt everywhere.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:power windows for RA28
Next Topic:phantom grip: who has tried it?
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sat May 4 10:53:51 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.006943941116333 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.