Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
soarerchic
Regular

January 2005
suggestions my soarer Fri, 04 February 2005 13:08 Go to next message
I have a 92 TT and the other day got caned by a VY SS at the lights so am trying to figure out how to squeeze out more kWs without spending a whole lot of money. Ideas?
  Send a private message to this user    
Apollo
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: suggestions my soarer Fri, 04 February 2005 13:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
http://www.planetsoarer.com/

Auto shift kit + oil cooler.

Better exhaust system. Including highflow cats, longer X pipe and get rid of 2 of the 4 rear mufflers and put two larger ones in their place. (I think the TT has 4, I know the v8 does).

Upgrade turbos.

Upgrade FMIC.

Upgrade DIFF.

CAI.

Except for the CAI, you're looking at lots of $$$.
nash_tz
Regular

April 2003
Re: suggestions my soarer Fri, 04 February 2005 15:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Not really, no more than any other turbo car at least.

From flex to cat 3 inch pipe $100-$120, highflow cat $150, second hand 3 inch catback $200-$300. I only paid $450 to get that done, sounds good, more power, nice and cheap. Exhaust helps alot, I'd get it done first. Cooler is the same price as any car ($600-$2000 depending on new or used and how much you do yourself). Supra injectors around $300 and a SAFC ($500?) to tune them, should hit around 175rwkw hopefully.
tyottsoarer
Regular

June 2004
Re: suggestions my soarer Fri, 04 February 2005 16:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dump back Exhaust and CAI would be good starting points , would free up the engine a bit and also raise your boost pressure. Then move onto, as Apollo said, front mount intercooler, proper boost control, upgrade components on the auto transmission. This would give you a good foundation to work from.

Set a gaol as to how much power you want and stick to it. Then find the cheapest route to getting there. The more you change your goals the more it is going to cost you in the long.

Good luck with it.
soarerchic
Regular

January 2005
Re: suggestions my soarer Sat, 05 February 2005 08:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks -- was lamenting the fact that I no longer have a sunroof in my car and thought about an after market one but my boyf reckons it would be dodgy.
Soarin
Regular

June 2002
Re: suggestions my soarer Sat, 05 February 2005 10:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Meh... I dunno... IMO I wouldn't put a sunroof in a car that didn't originally come with one from the factory.

Oh... upping the performance from a Soarer TT...
First thing... get a CAI up in there (either a sheilded pod or a *BFI* mod to the stock airbox)... with this mod I pulled 149.3kw atw last time it was dyno'd. Next I'd get an exhaust from the turbos (twin dumps, frontpipe, hi-flow cat and the rest of it)... I've got a cat. back so far on mine (haven't had it dyno'd yet as I wanna get the twin dumps and front pipe in first). Shift kit (if auto) and oil cooler to quicken gearchanges and keep the tranny alive (recommended for the A340E box for anything upwards of 200+kw). FMIC should make a difference too considering how small the SMIC is, but this is where it becomes big bucks. Then hit up the boost a little (don't go over 14psi) and bob's your uncle Very Happy
soarerchic
Regular

January 2005
Re: suggestions my soarer Sun, 06 February 2005 01:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
alright, thanks for the advice -- now can you explain exactly what you're talking about and what all your abbrev stand for like CAI, FMIC etc. Sorry -- newbie
tyottsoarer
Regular

June 2004
Re: suggestions my soarer Sun, 06 February 2005 02:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CAI = Cold Air Intake. A pod filter shielded off with an air feed

FMIC = Font Mount Intercooler

BFI = Big Friggin Intake. This is just a gay name for an air intake system commonly used on soarers using the stock air box, you can find more out about this at
www.planetsoarer.com or
http://www.lexus.australia.as/entry.htm
thu187
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: suggestions my soarer Sun, 06 February 2005 06:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Don't you just love the toymods community?
*big warm fuzzy feeling* Very Happy
Nolan
Forums Junkie

November 2004
Re: suggestions my soarer Sun, 06 February 2005 06:27 Go to previous message
GROUP HUG

Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:where to get a new LEVIN sticker for grille?
Next Topic:seat rails
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sun Apr 28 18:14:28 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0052340030670166 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.