Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Tech & Conversions » 4.5Lt Landcruiser motor (1fz-fe) Potential?

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
chrisss
Forums Junkie

May 2002
4.5Lt Landcruiser motor (1fz-fe) Potential? Sat, 05 February 2005 08:14 Go to next message
thought Id throw it up for everyone to have a crack....

yeah I could just PM MS-75 and ask him but maybe someone else has played with them?

on a cost V's performance basis how do they stack up...

how massive are these things? yeah theyre 4.5lts but are they as heavy as an old school (ford/holden) V8?

theyre long too arnt they??

how much do they cost (if u can find one)?

Send a private message to this user    
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: 4.5Lt Landcruiser motor (1fz-fe) Potential? Sat, 05 February 2005 08:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
They are massively huge in every direction/size/measurement, but fuck me dead Sean's makes a helluva lot of torque! Laughing
Redwarf
Regular

February 2005
Re: 4.5Lt Landcruiser motor (1fz-fe) Potential? Sat, 05 February 2005 11:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
There's a guy in Qld who has a turbo'd one in an 80 sreies, and it strikes fear into the heart of the WRX club up here. The turbo looks like it should be on a Cummins. I can't give you a HP figure, but I, and a lot of other people, can't keep up with it. 50.8 at Mt Cotton Hillclimb, which screwed over most tin tops, including mine. Competes in a lot of motorsport.

Yes, they can be made to go, but unless you have a Cruiser I'm sure there are better donks around.......

http://www.osella.com.au/wayne/clipsal/pages/tm_Ds c_0187aa.htm

[Updated on: Sat, 05 February 2005 11:42]

MS-75
Regular

June 2002
Re: 4.5Lt Landcruiser motor (1fz-fe) Potential? Sun, 06 February 2005 00:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dimensions-

Length 840mm
Height 720mm (and thats with my custom shallow sump-otherwise they are an extra 100mm or so taller......I almost needed to dry sump it to get it in there)

The other major sticking point with them is the massive bellhousing diameter-430mm or so. A 5m bellhousing fits inside the cruiser one.....

Weight-dunno, I never weighed it, but needless to say it is HEAVY.

Redwarf is certainly right that unless you have a cruiser there are probably better options in the Toyota stable. Fitting it successfully into the car was no small achievement.........

I went for it as it is the biggest capacity toyota donk you can buy easily, and also as the 1UZ is a bugger to fit into a double wishbone front end car (and thats without trying to turbo one in there-that's almost impossible). The other reason was because with an inline 6 I only needed 1 exhaust manifold, 1 turbo and vastly simpler plumbing.

As for potential, I don't know where the limits are yet as nothing has let go yet, but with 11.04 from the crown already with pump fuel, a shitty 80 series intake manifold and stock cams it seems like there is a fair bit to go. And when I had it in pieces the crank, rods and pistons all appeared to be bulletproof. (the crank in particular was very impressive) The biggest point in the engines favour is the astronomical torque it produces once force-fed. On the 11.04 run, I fucked up and short shifted into 2nd at 2000rpm. I thought the run was over, but the engine didn't even notice......

Having said that however, unless you have a cruiser, a desert racing buggy or a crown-go for something else!

Sean

PS Redwarf, do you have any contact details for the fellow with the 80 series?

[Updated on: Sun, 06 February 2005 01:01]

mx83toy
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: 4.5Lt Landcruiser motor (1fz-fe) Potential? Sun, 06 February 2005 01:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
the HKS supra uses one....um its quite fast to the tune of 6's down the quater.
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: 4.5Lt Landcruiser motor (1fz-fe) Potential? Sun, 06 February 2005 01:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mx83toy wrote on Sun, 06 February 2005 09:02

the HKS supra uses one....um its quite fast to the tune of 6's down the quater.

The HKS Supra uses a 4l version of a 2UZFE.
chrisss
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: 4.5Lt Landcruiser motor (1fz-fe) Potential? Sun, 06 February 2005 01:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah thats the reason Im asking, it is for a crown.

the 1uzfe wont fit 50 or 60 series crowns will it..

the JZ's turbos will hit the steering box so wont fit either....and besides theyre not really a performance motor Razz.

dont want a 7m (been done, boring)..and 3.0lts is too small a capacity....want a large capacity NA more for cruising not outright performance..

so that narrows it down to the 1uzfe V8 or 1fzfe 6, both of which are not easy to fit..

how about a ford 250? does it have potetial Laughing
boxh34d
Regular

May 2004
Re: 4.5Lt Landcruiser motor (1fz-fe) Potential? Sun, 06 February 2005 02:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
as has already been said, these things are absolutely bullet proof. 210 HP, and 275 ft.lb's is nothing to sneeze at, considering the really dodgy intake and exhaust manifolds.
at one section, the standard exhaust header is reduced to around 1.5 inches at the collector.
but yes, they are physically huge, and quite heavy.

if you wanted one to toy with fitting etc, my old man just pulled one out of his cruiser and i think it would go for piss all. . .

and as for the ford 250, i think you should wash your mouth out with soap Razz

[Updated on: Sun, 06 February 2005 02:10]

justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: 4.5Lt Landcruiser motor (1fz-fe) Potential? Sun, 06 February 2005 02:31 Go to previous message
Although the XR6 Turbo engine would be acceptable Razz
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:subs two 12's or one big 15'
Next Topic:1800cc 20 Valve (7AGE) ---need help---
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Mon Apr 29 16:56:34 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0053410530090332 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.