Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » The Outhouse » How do these people get their licences...

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
EldarO
Forums Junkie

December 2004
How do these people get their licences... Sat, 05 February 2005 04:49 Go to next message
I recently got my p's, this is unbeleivable, ive seen more dipshits on the road since then than in my whole life.

Ive seen people merge in almost hitting people, people pulling 150+ km/h on the freeway, ive seen people without brake lights, but most of all, what happened to me recently...

Im coming back from tafe, on the freeway, im doing just under 100, and theres a guy in a new V6 Camry literally HALF A METRE behind me, for those that dont know, i own a liteace, now, at that distance, and that speed, If something happened and i had to brake there would be no chance of him stopping in time, and he would surely be seriously injured, while not much would happen to my car, since ive got all the spare room in the back, not that i would care, just as long as the passengers in both cars are alright...

so.. me being the good citizen that i am, seeing that all 3 lanes are clear, i slow down.... slowly.. till i get to about 70 km/h by no means a brake check, just to give him reason to overtake.. meanwhile, HE DOESNT CHANGE LANES...

bout 4 or 5 km down the road, he over takes me, screaming and talking shit out of the window, my mate in the passenger seat pisses himself laughing, and i procced to give the bloke the thumbs up (just one hand Razz) and a little smile... nex thing i know, he speeds off at at lest 130+ and almost hits another car and (almost) loses control...

what i want to know, is cops defect kids because their cars are too low, or their rims are too big, or the tints are too dark, yet 30+ year old exectutive dickheads like this fella, dont get shit against them because they can afford new cars...

im just angry right now.... pissing me off all over the place.. WHY IS HE DRIVING A TOYOTA?!?! especialy one as good as that....

/end rant

[Updated on: Sat, 05 February 2005 04:49]

Send a private message to this user    
thu187
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: How do these people get their licences... Sat, 05 February 2005 05:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Welcome to the real road world where nothing is fair and everything is fucked up. Smile

Edit: There are heaps of rants like this and that's actually my pet hate. I hate it when people are so close behind you. If they wanna drive faster they can change lane. I mean I have a shitty 4ac that is REALLY bad when it gets below bottom quarter of a tank so I end up having to drive really slowly. Those kinds of people are just fucking stupid. On my L's I was on the great western and this dickhead in 92-93 civic was so close behind me that I couldn't stop for the red light or he would've smashed into me from behind. He JUST made it. Fucking bastard. No No No My dad told me I should've let him ram into me but too much hassle. Fortunately I didn't get done for the red light Smile

[Updated on: Sat, 05 February 2005 05:34]

alex_ta22
Forums Junkie

January 2004
Re: How do these people get their licences... Sat, 05 February 2005 06:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
"im doing just under 100, and theres a guy in a new V6 Camry literally HALF A METRE behind me"
Pfft just drop back a couple of gears and slowly apply handbrake, he'll soon realise what he's doing will only result in you coming out on top
Clown
Forums Junkie

September 2002

Re: How do these people get their licences... Sat, 05 February 2005 06:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Tailgaters Mad
Evan
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: How do these people get their licences... Sat, 05 February 2005 08:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i hate tailgaters but my pet hate is people who don't indicat esp. at roundabouts
soarerchic
Regular

January 2005
Re: How do these people get their licences... Sat, 05 February 2005 08:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Another pet peeve -- old people who reeeeally shouldn't be driving a car. A little while ago I saw an old man (70s easy) in a done up Lancer (spoiler, clear lights etc) going the WRONG way around the roundabout. He managed to stop all the traffic on the roundabout and all the traffic on the road while he did his own sweet thing. The annoying thing is there was a cop about 500m down the road who missed the whole thing.
mk27m
Regular

November 2003
Re: How do these people get their licences... Sat, 05 February 2005 08:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I was driving up unley rd. (in adelaide) today in the left hand lane when some dickhead pedestrian decided to walk out from the middle of the road between two cars in the righthand lane straight out in front of me in the left (without even looking).

Upon me locking it up (wheels screeching etc.) so i didn't run his arse over he kindly gave me the one finger salute as his way of saying "thankyou".

Nice huh? i always like to feel appreciated. He was literally 10m from the pedestrian crossing out the front unley shopping centre too, the wanker. God people like this piss me off, i reckon i should have just run him over least then he wouldn't have been pissing anyone else off again.

[Updated on: Thu, 10 February 2005 08:36]

Evan
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: How do these people get their licences... Sat, 05 February 2005 09:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mk27m wrote on Sat, 05 February 2005 19:59

I was driving up unley rd. (in adelaide) today in the left hand when some dickhead pedestrian decided to walk out from the middle of the road between two cars in the righthand lane straight out in front of me in the left (without even looking).

Upon me locking it up (wheels screeching etc.) so i didn't run his arse over he kindly gave me the one finger salute as his way of saying "thankyou".

Nice huh? i always like to feel appreciated. He was literally 10m from the pedestrian crossing out the front unley shopping centre too, the wanker. God people like this piss me off, i reckon i should have just run him over least then he wouldn't have been pissing anyone else off again.

It would be hard to hold the tongue in those situations
soarerchic
Regular

January 2005
Re: How do these people get their licences... Sat, 05 February 2005 10:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Or the foot off the accelerator
Trent-KE30
Regular

I Supported Toymods

December 2003
Re: How do these people get their licences... Sat, 05 February 2005 11:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
You should have put your lights on Evil or Very Mad
he would have thought you were braking Laughing

Clown
Forums Junkie

September 2002

Re: How do these people get their licences... Sat, 05 February 2005 11:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
soarerchic wrote on Sat, 05 February 2005 19:49

Another pet peeve -- old people who reeeeally shouldn't be driving a car. A little while ago I saw an old man (70s easy) in a done up Lancer (spoiler, clear lights etc) going the WRONG way around the roundabout. He managed to stop all the traffic on the roundabout and all the traffic on the road while he did his own sweet thing. The annoying thing is there was a cop about 500m down the road who missed the whole thing.

missed it or just ignored it??? I was following an old lady the other day. She was driving a newish astra. anywyas to cut a long story short, she stoped for a bus that had to give way to her. That was after driving about about 40 in a 70 zone. The guy driving hte bus had a puzzled look on his face aswell.
Apollo
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: How do these people get their licences... Sat, 05 February 2005 12:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Evan wrote on Sat, 05 February 2005 18:06

i hate tailgaters but my pet hate is people who don't indicat esp. at roundabouts
The thing is, if you are going straight through, you don't need to indicate now. So just assume that's what they're doing. If they get pissed that you cut them, then fuck them.

I personally can't stand people that cut across to the left lane on exiting a two lane roundabout.

I also can't stand people that sit in the middle of the intersection while waiting for cars to drive by so they can turn right. What the hell is up with that? I always make sure that if it's at a set of lights, (usually is), that if I'm behind them, I park my car right up to behind the line where you are supposed to, so when the stupid idiots don't make the turn and the lights are red, they're sitting like fuckwits in the middle of the intersection and possible happy snap time for them. I used to hang back a bit so if that happened they could reverse back, but nah, fuck them.

Oh yea, EldarO, it's just the beginning. Welcome to driving. Just remember that the guy behind you is always at fault, and if he slams your car, all you have to do is phone your insurance company and give them the details. They'll chase EVERYTHING up for you. Gone are the days you have to get repair quotes yourself.
EldarO
Forums Junkie

December 2004
Re: How do these people get their licences... Sat, 05 February 2005 12:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dude, thanks, but i wish it was that simple... i love my car, and until i get sick of it, anything that happens to it will result me in crying, its my first car... if someone was to offer me my dream car, at the moment an aw11sc (i have reachable dreams Razz) i wouldnt take it...

i bought the car with the intention of having it for a while, if theres a way to avoid an accident without putting other people in danger, im going to take it... mind you, if somone hit me from behind, i can safely say nothing much will happen, its built like a tank, each axle can hold upwards of a tonne and a half..

anybody got a turret for sale for a project? Wink

im still in awe of the tools i see everyday...
Dust
Forums Junkie

February 2004
Re: How do these people get their licences... Sat, 05 February 2005 13:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Me too, but i prefer them to not indicate rahter then indicate incorrectly, that really pisses me off lol. Oh and the ppl that have no idea how a 2 lane roundabout works.
thu187
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: How do these people get their licences... Sat, 05 February 2005 14:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Apollo wrote on Sat, 05 February 2005 23:07

I also can't stand people that sit in the middle of the intersection while waiting for cars to drive by so they can turn right. What the hell is up with that? I always make sure that if it's at a set of lights, (usually is), that if I'm behind them, I park my car right up to behind the line where you are supposed to, so when the stupid idiots don't make the turn and the lights are red, they're sitting like fuckwits in the middle of the intersection and possible happy snap time for them. I used to hang back a bit so if that happened they could reverse back, but nah, fuck them.

Actually if they're waiting to turn right, it's acceptable for the FIRST car to move forward (giving room for oncoming traffic to turn right -- which would be left for the car). You don't do it however if it looks like you're not going to make it. You don't get flashed either. It's perfectly legal. If you don't make it when it's about to go red you'll have seen the oncoming cars come to a stop and just make your right turn. I was told this by a driving instructor.
Generally the people coming towards you will stop at a yellow if they see you're trying to turn. Most of the time Razz
Redwarf
Regular

February 2005
Re: How do these people get their licences... Sat, 05 February 2005 15:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
[quote title=Apollo wrote on Sat, 05 February 2005 23:07]

They're called drivers from outside Queensland.

With all due respect, this is one thing that makes it so frustrating for people from the rest of the country to drive in Queensland. I've sat behind one wally who sat behind the line for three, yes three sets of lights. If he'd moved into the intersection, he, and probably myself would have got through on the first set. If everybody stayed behind the line in Melbourne and waited for a clear gap to turn, I wouldn't have left 5 years ago, I'd still be waiting to turn right somewhere. Probably in Carlton. In Melbourne and Sydney you can get a dozen cars into any given intersection, and, with the minimum of panel damage, all can make it around on the yellow!

If, perchance, you're behind the line waiting to turn right somewhere, and there's a large white 4WD screaming at you to "Get into the ****ing intersection!", wave and I'll wave back! Wink

P.S: Queensland is the only state in the country where you can buy a $70000 car, and the indicators still seem to be extra! The more expensive the car, the less they're used......
Farkurnell
Regular

February 2005

Re: How do these people get their licences... Sun, 06 February 2005 01:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yep, that's my pet peeve, the person who WON'T move into the intersection waiting to turn right. It pisses me off no end.
That and all Taxi and Bus drivers, oh and Asian Women.(I aint racist). I live near Cabramatta so I speak from many years of experience.
EldarO
Forums Junkie

December 2004
Re: How do these people get their licences... Sun, 06 February 2005 04:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well, guess what happened last night... i was driving my cousin home... and on the freeway, you guessed it, some dickhead in a Honda Accord Euro tailgates me...

so, i slow down... to 60..
and he overtakes.. the next thing i know, hes overtaken me, screaming out the window, giving me all sorts of signs... then, he gets infront of me, and procceds to cruise at about 50, on the freeway no less, so i begin a slow rythm of flashing my high beams at him when theres no traffic nearby...

now, i was in the VT, so i couldve easily booted it and shot past him at more than insane speeds, but i didnt... why? because, what the hell is that going to accomplish? besides, i like cruising..

a few minutes later, he gets sick of it, an plants it and speeds off at about 90-100, while theres roadworks on... with a posted speed limit of 60km/h

WHAT A TOOL

wheres my bike... less dickheads affecting me that way.. although i have been hit by a car at least 4 times, or more, i cant remember Very Happy
mikes86
Regular

September 2004
Re: How do these people get their licences... Sun, 06 February 2005 05:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i work near alot of truck shops and truck things my pet hate is TRUCKS!! Mad just because their in an area that has more trucks than usual they think they own the place a giveway sign means GIVEWAY! i dont care if you bigger than me and your going to fast to stop in time YOU should of slowed down to a decent speed, also a red light means not to cross the intersection! so many times ive had to dodge semi's because they were to lazy to slow down enough so they might have to stop at the giveway! 2nd pet hate honda euro drivers! nuff said!
dimmy77_03
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: How do these people get their licences... Sun, 06 February 2005 07:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
the handbrake trick works a treat, or flash your brake lights to tell him to piss off Very Happy

We went on the cronulla cruise today, and we had cop cars everywhere we went, luckily they werent too bad tho. But shouldnt they be doing something else rather than babysit us Rolling Eyes
smt_007
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: How do these people get their licences... Mon, 07 February 2005 06:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dimmy77_03 wrote on Sun, 06 February 2005 18:05

the handbrake trick works a treat, or flash your brake lights to tell him to piss off Very Happy

We went on the cronulla cruise today, and we had cop cars everywhere we went, luckily they werent too bad tho. But shouldnt they be doing something else rather than babysit us Rolling Eyes

I heard they were watching us in Police Control rooms all day, these days cameras both speed and monitoring are everywhere, i always laugh when aca and today tonight have bad drivers caught on tape, the stupid stuff some people do is amazing.
dimmy77_03
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: How do these people get their licences... Mon, 07 February 2005 10:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeh i've seen that on ACA Laughing

I guess we may have improved the reputation of car clubs slightly, as no one did anything stupid. By the way, saw your car and travelled behind/beside you for a while...very nice camry you have Very Happy

Wasnt sure if it was you or not...but now i know Very Happy
Apollo
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: How do these people get their licences... Mon, 07 February 2005 11:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I should note though on the intersection thing, it's only at a set of traffic lights that annoys me. It does amuse me though that if it's an intersection that I know that they don't turn the arrow off, (it's always red until it's turn to go green), I have a laugh at the wallies sitting in the intersection waiting for it to turn off. Very Happy

If it's not lights, then hell, I'm usually one to hang half way into the other lane just waiting for that one last car we all hate to hurry the fuck up. You all know it, it's the one that if you turned you'd cut off, but at the same time, seems to be taking an hour to drift past.
Apollo
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: How do these people get their licences... Mon, 07 February 2005 11:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dimmy77_03 wrote on Mon, 07 February 2005 20:25

yeh i've seen that on ACA Laughing

I guess we may have improved the reputation of car clubs slightly, as no one did anything stupid. By the way, saw your car and travelled behind/beside you for a while...very nice camry you have Very Happy

Wasnt sure if it was you or not...but now i know Very Happy
Yet I don't see a headline "car cruise without incident" being broadcast as an emergency headline. Wink Now if one of you decided to do a burnout, it'll be all over the news. Point; noone takes notice when you're good.
EldarO
Forums Junkie

December 2004
Re: How do these people get their licences... Mon, 07 February 2005 15:36 Go to previous message
if everyone took notice of people being good, id fill this forum up with the billions of times ive not been tailgated wouldnt i?

media reports what people wanna watch, its that simple
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:what can i do to help my sunburn?
Next Topic:In my past life , I must of shot jesus or something....
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Mon Apr 29 17:06:03 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0068340301513672 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.