Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Tech & Conversions » Stuck clutch help..

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
gr8r-x
Regular

September 2004
Stuck clutch help.. Sat, 05 February 2005 05:53 Go to next message
Ok, so the Corolla's been sitting around for a couple of months, and I went to take it for a spin today. It would appear that the clutch is stuck, seized, whatever. Can't change gears, thought maybe it was the cable, but everything is moving properly..

Is there a sure fire way to diagnose what is wrong? What else could be wrong? It's not hydralic, it's a KE50, so fluid/lines ain't a problem.

I'm pretty sure I'm going to have to pull the gearbox off either way, which I have doing.... Crying or Very Sad Last Corolla gearbox I removed took 2 bolts with it, had to grind them out.
  Send a private message to this user    
Scorpion
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: Stuck clutch help.. Sat, 05 February 2005 11:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Not uncommon to break clutch cables. Have you had someone look to see if the clutch fork is moving when you press the clutch pedal down ?
M.J.H
Forums Junkie

April 2003

Re: Stuck clutch help.. Sat, 05 February 2005 17:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
If everything else is working as you say then the plate is stuck for sure.
Best thing to do before a gearbox remove is to try and shock it lose.That is start the car in gear with your foot on ther clutch,if that doesn't work then drive down the road in first with your foot still on the clutch while speeding up and slowing downwith acc.Most of the time this will do the trick so good luck with it.
gr8r-x
Regular

September 2004
Re: Stuck clutch help.. Sat, 05 February 2005 23:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah, cables working.. Push down, lever moved on gearbox.

I was hoping that I might be able to get it unstuck like that, will give it a try later today. Thanks for the help.
gr8r-x
Regular

September 2004
Re: Stuck clutch help.. Sun, 06 February 2005 01:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well that didn't have much luck at all... I only went up and down the driveawy a couple of times, but it's a big driveway. Smile

Is it possible that something inside has broken or got stuck? It was working fine last time I drove it. Is it going to be easier to get a replacement box if that is the case, K40 boxes are cheap as chips. Replace the clutch whilst I'm at it, machine the flywheel, all should be good.
Maurice c
Regular

February 2004
Re: Stuck clutch help.. Mon, 07 February 2005 00:56 Go to previous message
It may be possible that the fork has broken up inside the box or its not pivoting properly but pretty unlightly, ripp it apart is the only way to find out.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:MA70 fuel gauge problem
Next Topic:max boost from twin ct12's ??????
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Tue May 21 18:58:46 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.005403995513916 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.