Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
MS-75
Regular

June 2002
Adelaide Big Day Out Fri, 04 February 2005 18:36 Go to next message
Just got back from the BDO here in adelaide, and it was awesome. This was the first year it has sold out and there was barely room to move!

Highlights were

-grinspoon with a moshpit that was 50metres wide and 40 metres deep-holding about 3000 dudes was my guess.

-Carl Cox.

-Bexta.

Chemical Brothers-This time the Boiler room was in the biggest pavilion in the adelaide showgrounds-which I guess is about 130m by 120m or so. It went off. My guess is that there was a minimum of 9000 m^2 of floor space, and given that it was completely packed out (they were turning people away before the Chem Bros even started) my guess is that there was a minimum of 20,000 dudes there to watch. The atmosphere was amazing, with the crowd going crazy when there was even the shortest break in the tunes. The guys on stage were wandering around freaking out at how hard it was going off.

Did anyone go to the BDO in another place (syd, melb etc?)

How was it??

Sean
  Send a private message to this user    
Cplus
Occasional Poster

October 2004
Re: Adelaide Big Day Out Fri, 04 February 2005 21:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
you suck. Very Happy

Grinspoon go off live huh??

I saw them once in whyalla of all places, bout 2000 people in a place not much bigger than a beer garden. they rocked. much crowd surfing and biffo was on too Smile

Bring on the pommy summer and all the festivals!!!

See you in three weeks dude.

MS-75
Regular

June 2002
Re: Adelaide Big Day Out Fri, 04 February 2005 21:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I am still speechless. It was the best gig (chem bros) I have ever seen at the BDO.

The work starts on the plenum/injectors in earnest today. Everything is planned, I just have to start butchering now......

I'm going to experiment with using DEVCON in the construction process, rather than have stuff welded for the sake of it. Considering the specs on devcon and it's working temp of 121deg centigrade it should be capable of holding a great deal of stuff together. Sepcifically I'm going to use it to secure the new injector mounting tubes, make a new oil catch can, fuel surge tank and radiator header/surge tank.

Whaddayareckon?
boris
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
On probation

January 2003
Re: Adelaide Big Day Out Sat, 05 February 2005 01:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
http://www.bigdayout.com/images/photogallery/photo_380.jpg

I think that just about sums it up..... Heart
Clown
Forums Junkie

September 2002

Re: Adelaide Big Day Out Sat, 05 February 2005 06:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
insane!!
Saw grinspoon a few years ago at a BDO (the year with prodigy/soad etc) and they put on a damn good show. Was just wondering past to go see something else and stoped and watched their show.
Jorrs
Forums Junkie

October 2004
Re: Adelaide Big Day Out Sat, 05 February 2005 07:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hye dood yeh i went to GOLDY BDO i reckon hilltops were awesome and beastie boys, chemical bros u couldnt even get near it it was insane, i heard there were 80 000 people there or somethin at goldy and that it had the most out of any of them it was crazy Razz
mk27m
Regular

November 2003
Re: Adelaide Big Day Out Sat, 05 February 2005 09:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I went and saw jebadiah and they were cool - i reckon they were completely off their face Very Happy The Donna's were awesome too, fuck me they are HOT!
bigg willie style
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: Adelaide Big Day Out Sat, 05 February 2005 09:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i went ot the melbourne show, it was a pretty good day,
atmosphere was pretty awesome, because there was hardly any people in the crowd.

hilltop hoods was the opposite, i cant believe they put them on the hot house stage, the fuckin shed was packed! even the walkway outside the shed was packed in like a moshpit.
Cplus
Occasional Poster

October 2004
Re: Adelaide Big Day Out Sat, 05 February 2005 18:35 Go to previous message
MS-75 wrote on Sat, 05 February 2005 08:34

The work starts on the plenum/injectors in earnest today. Everything is planned, I just have to start butchering now......

I'm going to experiment with using DEVCON in the construction process.

Whaddayareckon?

Can you "aquire" some from work easy huh??

apparently can be the goods, not sure about how it would go over time exposed to fuel/pressure though.

should be no dramas for the catch can!!
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Moving to Adelaide/Wanted Housemates
Next Topic:Re: Bad Companies/bad experiences
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sun May 5 04:00:10 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0048620700836182 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.