Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Tech & Conversions » Whos put a T series diff in thier AE86 or KE/AE7X?

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
IRA11Y
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002

Whos put a T series diff in thier AE86 or KE/AE7X? Wed, 19 January 2005 05:58 Go to next message
anybody got theres in?? Im wanting some pictures side on with the tyre off looking at the spring when the weight of the car is sitting on the spring.

Also what trailing arms have you used?? the donor car, your own car or a combination of both?
  Send a private message to this user    
EVOSTi
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      no
Re: Whos put a T series diff in thier AE86 or KE/AE7X? Wed, 19 January 2005 09:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i thought you had already done it? i spoke to you on a cruise about it once and you said you had a disc brake conversion done for it so i assumed you must have had it in a car already?
Fat_KE70
Regular

October 2002
Re: Whos put a T series diff in thier AE86 or KE/AE7X? Wed, 19 January 2005 10:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I put the Diff out of a T18 into my Ke70 and it all bolted Straight up
Henn
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: Whos put a T series diff in thier AE86 or KE/AE7X? Thu, 20 January 2005 01:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
No photos of mine, but I used stock AE86 trailling arms and panhard rod.

Hen
AE86slut
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: Whos put a T series diff in thier AE86 or KE/AE7X? Thu, 20 January 2005 02:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I just bolted mine in with stock AE86 arms, Whiteline adj. panhard and JDM tailshaft.
IRA11Y
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002

Re: Whos put a T series diff in thier AE86 or KE/AE7X? Thu, 20 January 2005 07:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yes i have done it, however in measuring up for the coilovers recently i noticed some annomalies in the way the spring seats at maximum compression and was just wondering if this is exclusive to my own setup or if other people have had the same issue but not noticed, anybody been getting unusually excessive axel tramp despite having excellent shocks??

would be great if all of you could take a pic, then it would be easy to acertain exactly which diff housing causes this little problem.

[Updated on: Thu, 20 January 2005 07:06]

joeninety
Regular

March 2004
Re: Whos put a T series diff in thier AE86 or KE/AE7X? Thu, 20 January 2005 10:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Just wondering witch centre you ended up with. Did you get hold of 4.3 ratio and limo or did you happen to make a phantom grip.I've got one in my centre(p/g) but i'm still finishing off my brake conv.
AE86slut
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: Whos put a T series diff in thier AE86 or KE/AE7X? Thu, 20 January 2005 10:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Should be able to get some pics for you tomorrow or on the weekend.
takai
Forums Junkie

May 2003

Re: Whos put a T series diff in thier AE86 or KE/AE7X? Thu, 20 January 2005 10:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah, ill take photos of my setup tomorrow when i do some work on it. Using the stock AE86 trailing links, with the S series swaybar mounts welded on. Off an early model T18.
Drew-AE86
Regular

August 2002

Re: Whos put a T series diff in thier AE86 or KE/AE7X? Thu, 20 January 2005 11:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i did the same thing and got the wrong t18 rear end, the early version without sway bar mounts. Going to do what takai said, and weld on the S series sway bar mounts.

Also note you will have to use your AE86 handbrake cables.. the T18 ones are too long. Everything else from the AE86 bolted right up, no dramas at all! (except for when i went to bolt up my sway bar and relised there were no mounts! Mad )
mrshin
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Whos put a T series diff in thier AE86 or KE/AE7X? Thu, 20 January 2005 11:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Another thing I noticed the other day is that the australian (bogwarmer from KE70) diffs seem to have slightly different mounts to the S and T (jap) diffs. The arms etc. go in the same place, and it doesn't really matter, but the brackets aren't quite the same when you cut them off and attempt to weld them to something else!
ae86drift
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

August 2002

Re: Whos put a T series diff in thier AE86 or KE/AE7X? Thu, 20 January 2005 14:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
takai wrote on Thu, 20 January 2005 21:27

WTB - 4.3 T-series Center

u need the ring gear or the centre? or the housing?
takai
Forums Junkie

May 2003

Re: Whos put a T series diff in thier AE86 or KE/AE7X? Thu, 20 January 2005 21:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I already have one, albeit a bit worn. Should update my sig. Out of curiosity if you have a ring and pinion how much would you want for it?
ae86drift
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

August 2002

Re: Whos put a T series diff in thier AE86 or KE/AE7X? Fri, 21 January 2005 01:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i dont have a ring and pinion, but they can be had or around 30,000 yen in 3.9, 4.3, 4.5, 4.7 variety from techno pro spirit
IRA11Y
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002

Re: Whos put a T series diff in thier AE86 or KE/AE7X? Fri, 21 January 2005 05:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

Just wondering witch centre you ended up with. Did you get hold of 4.3 ratio and limo or did you happen to make a phantom grip.I've got one in my centre(p/g) but i'm still finishing off my brake conv.

Im currently running a 4.3:1 non LSD , phantom grip seemd to dissapear to thin air.. i was waiting on a certain someone Rolling Eyes to take one for a drive and report back on how it felt. Smile

Pics would be great Lads!

[Updated on: Fri, 21 January 2005 05:38]

IRA11Y
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002

Re: Whos put a T series diff in thier AE86 or KE/AE7X? Fri, 04 February 2005 08:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
so did anybody take the pics
THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: Whos put a T series diff in thier AE86 or KE/AE7X? Sat, 05 February 2005 02:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
http://www.witzl.com/pmp80y/t series diff conversion.jpg
IRA11Y
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002

Re: Whos put a T series diff in thier AE86 or KE/AE7X? Sat, 05 February 2005 05:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
need a shot side on looking at the spring at full compression Karl.. that one doesent show much really
takai
Forums Junkie

May 2003

Re: Whos put a T series diff in thier AE86 or KE/AE7X? Sat, 05 February 2005 11:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ah bollocks, forgot to take pics.
IRA11Y
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002

Re: Whos put a T series diff in thier AE86 or KE/AE7X? Sat, 05 February 2005 20:58 Go to previous message
hmm actually on closer inspection of Karls pic it does show a few things despite the springs not bieng in Razz

look at the angle of the diff, its rather foward rotated, in that pic the housing is at the lowest extension but you can easily imagine the excessive angle on the diff at maximum compression.. this is one of the differences ive noticed using the T series, and although selecting a greater angle can have some benefits for traction in a standing start Id say that this angle could be excessive.

Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:4AGE IDLE SPEED SETTING WITH TACHOMETER
Next Topic:3TC help
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sat May 18 15:23:16 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0063109397888184 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.