Toymods » Tech & Conversions » Toyota EPC Japan A1 & A2 CD Label

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
RN50Hilux
Newcomer

March 2003

Toyota EPC Japan A1 & A2 CD Label Fri, 04 February 2005 19:26 Go to next message
Does anyone know what the correct CD labels should be for the 1997 Japan area EPC A1 and A2 disks? All that I can find on the internet is the labels for the 1995 European area disks which do not function correctly with the JapanA1.ISO/JapanA2.ISO files. Does anyone have a newer version available that they would be willing to give up a copy of? Please let me know, thanks!
  Send a private message to this user    
ZZT231
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

May 2002
Re: Toyota EPC Japan A1 & A2 CD Label Sat, 05 February 2005 00:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Disc one is 19970213J1
Disc two is 19951215J2

They worked in my home PC when emulating CD-ROMs.

Good luck...
celica_freak
Regular

May 2002

Re: Toyota EPC Japan A1 & A2 CD Label Sat, 05 February 2005 11:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
what do these cd contain
parts listings,info machanical-electrical etc
and where can i get a copy from as i will need these for my 91 surf and aristo 2jzgte
madmont
Occasional Poster

May 2004
Re: Toyota EPC Japan A1 & A2 CD Label Sat, 05 February 2005 11:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
read this thread
http://forums.toymods.org.au/index.php?t=msg&t h=8398&rid=5591&S=2ed82e53f78b6ad263e793dc 592cae3b&pl_view=&start=0#msg_433846
Mr Revhead
Regular

October 2004
Re: Toyota EPC Japan A1 & A2 CD Label Sat, 05 February 2005 22:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
do any of those epcs have the provision for entering the vehicle model and frame numbers?
im not gunna d/l them to find out as im getting the latest offical jdm, general and euro epc on my lappy next week. just curious cause i have yet to find a d/l epc that actually works properly
madmont
Occasional Poster

May 2004
Re: Toyota EPC Japan A1 & A2 CD Label Sun, 06 February 2005 00:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
what is your model and frame number?
Mr Revhead
Regular

October 2004
Re: Toyota EPC Japan A1 & A2 CD Label Sun, 06 February 2005 19:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
do you mean what is MY model and frame numbers? or what are model and frame numbers?
wagonist
Forums Junkie

Toymods Club Treasurer

May 2002
Re: Toyota EPC Japan A1 & A2 CD Label Mon, 07 February 2005 02:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mr Revhead, how are you getting the latest version of the EPC?
I've got a 2001 version, but it still doesn't list certain parts for my 96 Caldina, which is really annoying.
Mr Revhead
Regular

October 2004
Re: Toyota EPC Japan A1 & A2 CD Label Mon, 07 February 2005 02:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i work for toyota Very Happy

and before anyone asks no i cant get you the epc
the proper epc as used by toyota i more complicated than the d/l ones. you gotta partition ya drive and link it all up... im a pc n00b but i do know its nto a simple job, about 4 hours work...
wagonist
Forums Junkie

Toymods Club Treasurer

May 2002
Re: Toyota EPC Japan A1 & A2 CD Label Mon, 07 February 2005 03:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
You don't have to partition if you can burn the stuff straight onto their respective CD's
Mr Revhead
Regular

October 2004
Re: Toyota EPC Japan A1 & A2 CD Label Mon, 07 February 2005 03:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
you mean use cds and not have it loaded permantly on the drive?
nah too much of a pita if you use it as much as i do!
theres quite a few cds as well... also nto sure it that woudl work properly.. with the frame number program etc, but as i said, im a pc n00b so i could be wrong
remember we use several epcs, not just jdm
wagonist
Forums Junkie

Toymods Club Treasurer

May 2002
Re: Toyota EPC Japan A1 & A2 CD Label Mon, 07 February 2005 03:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Seeing as you'll be getting the official version, you should also get instructions with it.
And yes, it does work with the different CD's, it just asks for the right CD when you get past the selecting a model/car/frame number. Part of the setup.
I think the partition problem is with the hacked copies on the net because they are simply copied off someone's computer which the program has already been installed to. Therefore the program whats to know a particular hard drive size to match the original install.

Can't tempt you to slip us a copy for a few bucks... Laughing
Mr Revhead
Regular

October 2004
Re: Toyota EPC Japan A1 & A2 CD Label Mon, 07 February 2005 03:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
im not getting all the actual cds.. just getting the prog copied from my work pc to my lappy. and i can work it fine, its part of my job! just cant set it up! Laughing

i knwo what you mean when it asks for the cd now... we get that when theres a error!

i think the way it works is they save each cd to its own disk. and the prog that runs its is set up with links to each drive. ill find out more when it gets done, last time i tried following it i got a headache. thats the way toyota sets it up anyway. all our other machines are done like that and were sent to toyota to be done.

next time we get a jdm update ill see if i can copy it....
wagonist
Forums Junkie

Toymods Club Treasurer

May 2002
Re: Toyota EPC Japan A1 & A2 CD Label Mon, 07 February 2005 04:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I wonder why Toyota won't sell copies of these to people.
There are definitely reason for & against though.

Its not so much of an issue over there with the more liberal importing rules, but here having a really unusual car car be a bitch. Mine was only available in spec for 15 months in Japan, & it was a Jap only model.

most dealers here have access to the JDM version, so they can look up parts, but I hate going in there, asking about a part, finding out the price or finding it won't fit coz I've modified something, & therefore just wasting their time. Embarassed
Some dealers are so tight they won't give you a part number to reference back to them when you do decide to buy something later coz you didn't have the money the first time. They'd rather waste the 10mins trying to look it up again. Razz
Mr Revhead
Regular

October 2004
Re: Toyota EPC Japan A1 & A2 CD Label Mon, 07 February 2005 04:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i personally hate ppl having epcs, cause 90% can tuse them right and ask for the wrong part! or a lot of d/l ones just go as far as the pnc.

as for selling them itll be for the same reasons they wont let clubs use the logo etc, frabchise dealers have to pay for it.
seriously you should see the books that explain all that crap.... the book for a service agant (not dealer) is over 100 pages on rules conditons and info on signage etc... the red tape at toyota is astounding at times
wagonist
Forums Junkie

Toymods Club Treasurer

May 2002
Re: Toyota EPC Japan A1 & A2 CD Label Mon, 07 February 2005 04:22 Go to previous message
Yeah, I can understand that.
I get a litle bit frustrated though going into dealers for the parts that mine's missing, coz I can use the program better than them Laughing & I've just got to sit there & wait, coz if I start interjecting with what to do, they wonder how I know...
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Best way of removing paint in an engine bay.
Next Topic:5MGE knocking Noise
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sat Apr 20 04:05:30 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0074410438537598 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.