Toymods » General Car Talk » ST162 dedicated thread

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
warrior
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Thu, 03 February 2005 12:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
im going to locate that frickin wire in the cabin that operates those fricken things even if I have to out the whole dash. Razz

yea the car has been there for a bloody week, almost as long as it took me to do the conversion, and he just started on it this morning.

but its all good I hope. fingers X

Send a private message to this user    
smashed_wombat
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Thu, 03 February 2005 12:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
matt86sx wrote on Thu, 03 February 2005 20:02

So I thought I'd post this in case anyone else likes them too, just in case they disappear or something. Not sure if all Autobarns have them, just have to go and find out.

Hey Matt, looks like I'm gonna steal another idea from ya. Very Happy lol
nah, not really - looks sweet man! Good find!
djcougar
Forums Junkie

October 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Thu, 03 February 2005 13:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
woahh!! just fixed my dam power windows
that was really starting to annoy me.
but cleaned it out and it works like a charm. thank you karl for the advice.

also re-trimmed the little center cover thing.
Rabsy86
Regular

October 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Thu, 03 February 2005 13:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey guys.. Got my engine put it.. My car runs like a dream know lol.. Wink Last thing to do is fix my exhaust becuase its gotta Exhaust leak.. And throw des on Shocked

Theses machines... Excuse the Pepsi boxes lol Very Happy
http://img217.exs.cx/img217/3595/dsc006966sv.jpg
buck naked
Regular

October 2004

Re: ST162 dedicated thread Thu, 03 February 2005 14:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
RobST162 wrote on Thu, 03 February 2005 23:20

I am paranoid about being pulled over with my lights now, as I can't turn them off till I get this switch wired up - got flashed by someone already

What about having the fog lights on is illegal? As far as I know, having a colour other than white or yellow is illegal, but I thought otherwise they were okay...

Genuinely interested, because I bought Edwin's fog light setup for the stock lip and never thought they could be illegal...
ST162GT-R
Regular

February 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Thu, 03 February 2005 20:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
RobST162 wrote on Thu, 03 February 2005 01:12

http://www.roblincolne.com/pix/DSC06055.jpg

and 'nuther one

http://www.roblincolne.com/pix/DSC06054.jpg

edit: extra pic

Thats looking sweet bro, but i was under the impression that any colour other then white on lights are illegal? i might be wrong, that means i can get my blue lights !
Toy_Leeka
Occasional Poster

January 2005
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Thu, 03 February 2005 21:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
who got extractors from where???? no1 over here has extractors for gen 1 3sge's...
RobST162
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Thu, 03 February 2005 21:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
you can buy 3S extractors lots of places toy_leeka! I ordered mine from a backwater parts shop in Devonport, Tasmania

Nice looking ones there rabsy! That sure was a quick job!

These lights are yellow from japan, I would have been happy with white!
Toy_Leeka
Occasional Poster

January 2005
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Thu, 03 February 2005 22:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
someone please give me a few contact emails or websites please... nobody here in nz stocks them or can get them (though im sure they'r just being lazy on the cant get them part...)
ST162GT-R
Regular

February 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Thu, 03 February 2005 22:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
is there a TRD sales place in NZ? wouldn't they have like TRD extractors, probably not since i've never seen them for the 1st gen 3sge's i think the email address is like
bsollitt@trd-parts.co.nz.
ST162GT-R
Regular

February 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Thu, 03 February 2005 22:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I think the guys name is Bruce from what i remember, he can probably help you with the extractors.
Rabsy86
Regular

October 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Fri, 04 February 2005 00:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I got my extracters when i bought the whole engine... My machnic who put my engine said i couldnt put them on becuase of my exhaust system.. But monday im changeing my exhaust system and throwing them on :):)Smile
matt86sx
Regular

April 2004

Re: ST162 dedicated thread Fri, 04 February 2005 00:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
smashed_wombat wrote on Thu, 03 February 2005 23:42

matt86sx wrote on Thu, 03 February 2005 20:02

So I thought I'd post this in case anyone else likes them too, just in case they disappear or something. Not sure if all Autobarns have them, just have to go and find out.

Hey Matt, looks like I'm gonna steal another idea from ya. Very Happy lol
nah, not really - looks sweet man! Good find!

Hey man I don't mind if you want to get them on your car, that's why I posted the info - to share the idea around! I had been on the lookout for ages for light that would suit those positions, so I figured others may have wished for the same thing and couldn't find anything either. When I make up the brackets I'll even post the plans for them if anyone is interested.

Hey Rob if you get a chance can you throw up a pic of that MA61 switch? It may not be suitable because with the lights I have bought the two pairs of bulbs in them are on two seperate circuits. That's why there are two on/off buttons on that switch pic (plus I can see it on the wiring diagram.) Maybe I'll just have to get two of them, lol

How did you go wiring up your lights with your switch? (or are you still blinding people? Smile )

[Updated on: Fri, 04 February 2005 00:24]

RobST162
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Fri, 04 February 2005 00:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hehe I dont' know about BLINDING or not.. but I did get high-beamed on the way home last night, so I turned my high-beams on too and it was great! lol

the MA61 switch is a rocker type with "on" and "off" and an in and out wire (two wires) on the back. So it just completes the circuit.

You maybe able to re-wire the lights so that they can operate like this!
kenevill
Occasional Poster

November 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Fri, 04 February 2005 02:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
TRD do not make parts for our cars any more unfortunatly. only celicas they do nowadays are the new ZZT ones and the ST202 GT4's, so you'll need to scrap around for 2nd hand parts.

also i don't plan on putting fog lights in so its no concern to me, buthas anyone thought about using the 3rd position on the normal light switch? the first position does nothing on mine so maybe putting parkers from 2nd to first and normal lights from 3rd to 2nd then wiring fog lights up to the third position will work?? or am i missing something (as i have never played around with the electrics cept for installing my head unit)
ST162GT-R
Regular

February 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Fri, 04 February 2005 03:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey anyone got any idea how strong the 1st gen 3sge con rods are?
matt86sx
Regular

April 2004

Re: ST162 dedicated thread Fri, 04 February 2005 03:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
That first position on the headlight switch/stalk is for keeping your lights raised after you turn the lights themselves off.

You're right, as you turn the lights on it does nothing on the first click, parkers on 2nd click and lights on 3rd click. As you go back down to the first position again (lights and parkers off) the headlights remain up until you click back to zero again, then they retract.

This is so you can have the headlights raised (but off) when you need to change a bulb or something.

-Matt
warrior
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Fri, 04 February 2005 03:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bad news guys...my turns out my turbo is leaking oil into the exhaust Mad .

so its gonna be there for another few days Mad .

I can take it home and go on the cruise.
and I can guarantee no one will get lost.
just follow the trail of white cloud. Razz
looks like Im gonna have to miss out on this
cruise ..SPEWING. Mad Mad Mad

but the good news is that everything else is very healthy

Karl Sad
RobST162
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Fri, 04 February 2005 03:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
so the 162 numbers have gone from 4 to 2 Sad

I thought that turbo was like new!
warrior
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Fri, 04 February 2005 04:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
RobST162 wrote on Fri, 04 February 2005 14:59

so the 162 numbers have gone from 4 to 2 Sad

I thought that turbo was like new!

I thought so as well...it had no shaft play or anything..
but apparently sometimes the seal breaks or cracks if the turbo
sits around for a while. so it needs a new oil seal now.

[Updated on: Fri, 04 February 2005 04:07]

RobST162
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Fri, 04 February 2005 04:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well that shouldn't set ya back too much I hope

disappointing! Julian's celica isn't going to be ready either. Hills Motorsport have taken over 3 months to rebuild a n/a 3sge
ST162GT-R
Regular

February 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Fri, 04 February 2005 04:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Man this week turned out horrible, from a 5 turn out originally to 2!!, man thats weak, i could come in the beamer, but that would be too weird..haha.
warrior
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Fri, 04 February 2005 04:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I have a 7 seater wagon...all the st162 owners that
cant make can squeeze into it..

nah...forget it Mad ...I have the shits... Mad

Rob come over I need a punching bag.

better still where are u..ill come to you Razz
ST162GT-R
Regular

February 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Fri, 04 February 2005 04:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
How about all us st162 owners go in warriors 7 seater, huh, and forget about taking ours, haha..
RobST162
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Fri, 04 February 2005 04:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ST162GT-R wrote on Fri, 04 February 2005 15:20

How about all us st162 owners go in warriors 7 seater, huh, and forget about taking ours, haha..

roflmao

yeah that would be about right if all the 162 owners cruised in a van 'cause their cars were not ready heheheeheh Laughing

sure Karl.. I live in.. uh.... Glebe

you want to come steal my fully armed and operation car dont' you! Smile
djcougar
Forums Junkie

October 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Fri, 04 February 2005 05:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
there is still

rob
choppin
raby
me
and possibly another one from another forum
RobST162
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Fri, 04 February 2005 05:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
oh sweet not so bad ay

guess we don't need those guys... Razz lol
warrior
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Fri, 04 February 2005 06:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
RobST162 wrote on Fri, 04 February 2005 15:43

ST162GT-R wrote on Fri, 04 February 2005 15:20

roflmao

yeah that would be about right if all the 162 owners cruised in a van 'cause their cars were not ready heheheeheh Laughing

sure Karl.. I live in.. uh.... Glebe

you want to come steal my fully armed and operation car dont' you! Smile

thats going below the belt dude...u hit me where it hurts most atm

RobST162 wrote on Fri, 04 February 2005 16:46

oh sweet not so bad ay

guess we don't need those guys... Razz lol

ofcourse u dont need us...we will make u look inferior Razz
kenevill
Occasional Poster

November 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Fri, 04 February 2005 09:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thanks matt, now the mystries of the 1st light stalk have been unveilded for me haha Shocked.

[Updated on: Fri, 04 February 2005 09:58]

doobs
Regular

September 2003
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Fri, 04 February 2005 15:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ey all,

This thread is really coming on Razz Pleanty of info, might have to make a celica section Razz

I got some new pics of my car now, just need to sort out webspace then ill post em up.

Cheers
StuC
Forums Junkie

December 2003
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Sun, 06 February 2005 09:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Chopin's selling his celica???!!!!NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoooooo,,,
hopefully he will take mine as a trade?!!!Damn nice car tho. So...whats news???just thought id cump it up

Oh, got new ignition leads and when i was changing them over, ended up fuckin my dizzy cap.Damn old plastics and shit falling apart.Craptastic!!! New one goes on tomorrow
3S-GE_Man
Regular

January 2003
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Sun, 06 February 2005 14:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey matt86sx....since i haven't seen ya around since the mini cruise from movie world...lol...

I like that power mirror thingy...did u have a working power anntenor or did ya get one...i need a new one or what not...u think i could come down to yours or what not and tell me what one to get from autobarn one of them uni ones...and u help me out with the installation or something...and yeah what to do want for ya time and effort...

i don't use my much radio much cause it permently downa dn shit reception and my cd colection getting boring..i've done 75,000km in the last 30 odd months of me owning the celica and i got it year 11....now 2nd year of tafe and yeah i drive ALOT that why my cd colection boring atm....still managed 1000km a week sometimes when i was in yr 12 full time! lol driving whore!

Nezza Cool
alliance_22
Forums Junkie

October 2004

Re: ST162 dedicated thread Mon, 07 February 2005 01:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
YEah man, has to go, to inconvenient for me to drive it to work... too many thieves at redfern + Marrickville. I'm curerntly set on on red 162... its stock as a rock Smile 'ive yet to test it, but i'm sure i'll take that one as soon as mine sells.

StuC never know of the future mate, if i dont end up getting that red one, i'll contact you and see if ya wanna trade... but the pointers set on the red one atm.
Rabsy86
Regular

October 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Mon, 07 February 2005 06:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rabsy86 wrote on Fri, 04 February 2005 00:44

Hey \

Theses machines... Excuse the Pepsi boxes lol Very Happy
http://img217.exs.cx/img217/3595/dsc006966sv.jpg

hey guys... I anit putten these extracters on no more... But im want to sell them... Make an offer... Wink There 4-2-1's
matt86sx
Regular

April 2004

Re: ST162 dedicated thread Mon, 07 February 2005 06:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
3S-GE_Man wrote on Mon, 07 February 2005 01:33

hey matt86sx....since i haven't seen ya around since the mini cruise from movie world...lol...

I like that power mirror thingy...did u have a working power anntenor or did ya get one...i need a new one or what not...u think i could come down to yours or what not and tell me what one to get from autobarn one of them uni ones...and u help me out with the installation or something...and yeah what to do want for ya time and effort...

i don't use my much radio much cause it permently downa dn shit reception and my cd colection getting boring..i've done 75,000km in the last 30 odd months of me owning the celica and i got it year 11....now 2nd year of tafe and yeah i drive ALOT that why my cd colection boring atm....still managed 1000km a week sometimes when i was in yr 12 full time! lol driving whore!

Nezza Cool

Hey Nezz,

You mean my power antenna thingy? Smile

The original power antenna worked for a while, then failed about 6 months ago. I got another orignal ST162 one from the wreckers (Just Toyota in Ashmore) so for me it was simply a matter of plugging the new one in. Not sure how to adapt a universal one to our car (or which one to get for that matter) but I guess it wouldn't be too hard - I'd be willing to have a crack at it! But if you do get a uni one make sure it physically fits in place first!

If you want to get a rocker swith to control it independently of the HU, Narva make some good ones. Check their website (www.narva.com.au), switch number 63041BL would be perfect. I don't think it's quite a slide in fit for one of our spare switch holes, but it looks close. PM me mate if you want to talk fitting or if you want to find out how to wire it up.

-Matt
drft spec - st167
Regular

November 2003
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Mon, 07 February 2005 07:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i got a uni antenna fited by a stereo shop but it was part of a bigger package, i can find out wat model etc if needed
matt86sx
Regular

April 2004

Re: ST162 dedicated thread Mon, 07 February 2005 07:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rabsy I might be interested.....

Do you know what brand they are? How old are they?

-Matt
djcougar
Forums Junkie

October 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Mon, 07 February 2005 07:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
raby how come you aint putting the extractors in ya car anymore??
SCO-77K
Regular

January 2003
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Mon, 07 February 2005 07:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey guys just thought i'd show the latest picture of my car, havnt really done much to her latly but i got big plans for the future, looking at a 3SGTE swap. So this is one of the last pics you'll see while its a non-turbo Very Happy

http://www2.freepichosting.com/Images/421597526/0.jpg
Matt-itude
Regular

October 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Mon, 07 February 2005 09:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rims + Wheels Installed:

http://moment.autodeist.com/new.jpg
http://moment.autodeist.com/rimsew.jpg

http://moment.autodeist.com/photoshopped.jpg
Photoshop of lowering + tint, and a very quick past of the ssv front bar on.
djcougar
Forums Junkie

October 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Mon, 07 February 2005 10:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
SCO-77K the car is looking so freaking nice!!

and matty those rims look hot!!
Rabsy86
Regular

October 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Mon, 07 February 2005 13:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Because im missing a plate... I dont need them.. Amm i dont know what brand they a... But all i know there 421's... If anyone is intrested give me and offer.. Wink
SCO-77K
Regular

January 2003
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Tue, 08 February 2005 02:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
[quote title=djcougar wrote on Mon, 07 February 2005 21:03]SCO-77K the car is looking so freaking nice!!

quote]

thanks mate!
alliance_22
Forums Junkie

October 2004

Re: ST162 dedicated thread Tue, 08 February 2005 03:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
SCO-77K wrote on Mon, 07 February 2005 18:22

hey guys just thought i'd show the latest picture of my car, havnt really done much to her latly but i got big plans for the future, looking at a 3SGTE swap. So this is one of the last pics you'll see while its a non-turbo Very Happy

http://www2.freepichosting.com/Images/421597526/0.jpg

good stuff mate... i think u got the same rims as mine Very Happy

RobST162
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Tue, 08 February 2005 03:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
NOT HAPPY JAN!

don't even have my car back for 2 weeks and some LADY in her FOUR WHEEL DRIVE who thinks she OWNS THE ROAD decided that little cars are good for target pracice at service stations

http://www.roblincolne.com/pix/DSC06091.jpg

http://www.roblincolne.com/pix/DSC06092.jpg

off the the panel beater again.. *sniff*
ST162GT-R
Regular

February 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Tue, 08 February 2005 03:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Oh DANG!!, thats nasty hit that one, damn 4wd, thats so not cool bro. so so terrible, Mad
ST162GT-R
Regular

February 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Tue, 08 February 2005 03:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
and that was at baulkham hills shell station hey??
matt86sx
Regular

April 2004

Re: ST162 dedicated thread Tue, 08 February 2005 04:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Oh Rob that is heartbreaking.....really sorry to see that happen to such a nice car! WHY can't people look where in the hell they are going??? Hope it gets repaired fast and all goes smoothly. I assume she was insured?

And Matt those rims look freaking awesome on your car mate! And it looks even better lowered like that. The white rims suits the red body colour really well. What size rims and tyres are they?

-Matt (the other one)
buck naked
Regular

October 2004

Re: ST162 dedicated thread Tue, 08 February 2005 04:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Oh man, that sucks Rob. Hopefully it'll all be sorted out quickly.

I recognise the petrol station, I used to stop there for fuel all the time!
RobST162
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Tue, 08 February 2005 04:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hehe yeah that's the petrol station - right there on windsor road.. I wonder if there is any paint on the ground where I was..

anyway, it is 100% her fault and all that, so I am getting it quoted up and all tomorrow - so the car will one day be better off for it I suppose.. I hope there was no structural damage to the strut housing though as that sits behind this area ie, suspension damage

I just hate remembering that noise of the metal and plastic collision

sickening
ST162GT-R
Regular

February 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Tue, 08 February 2005 04:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
man, whats the rego plate and car make and model so i know to watch out for her next time Laughing
RobST162
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Tue, 08 February 2005 04:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
just look out for green klugers in the northmead area with white paint on their towbar and a dented rear bumper Wink
ST162GT-R
Regular

February 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Tue, 08 February 2005 04:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
haha, maybe i should say she hit my car as well, haha Laughing
Rabsy86
Regular

October 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Tue, 08 February 2005 05:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
OHh rob wtf did she do to your car... Mad
djcougar
Forums Junkie

October 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Tue, 08 February 2005 05:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ohh man so reall sucks to hear rob
i wish someone would back into my front
that way i can get a new left front guard and bonnet and all painted Razz
RobST162
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Tue, 08 February 2005 05:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ahh you guyzzz all too nice

well it isn't all bad I guess in that it will get repainted.. but still.. there was nothing wrong with it in the first place and it didn't need repainting so Confused
DeViL rOlLa
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Tue, 08 February 2005 05:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
man ur car is turning into a destruction derby 162. luckely it was made by toyota !!!
SCO-77K
Regular

January 2003
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Tue, 08 February 2005 07:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
shit rob yeah i know that servo to! that sucks! i'll keep an eye out for the lady and give her some road rage haha Razz
RobST162
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Tue, 08 February 2005 07:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
lol thanks man, yeah that's right don't mess with the Celica Boyz!
Matt-itude
Regular

October 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Tue, 08 February 2005 07:46 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
matt86sx wrote on Tue, 08 February 2005 12:07

Oh Rob that is heartbreaking.....really sorry to see that happen to such a nice car! WHY can't people look where in the hell they are going??? Hope it gets repaired fast and all goes smoothly. I assume she was insured?

And Matt those rims look freaking awesome on your car mate! And it looks even better lowered like that. The white rims suits the red body colour really well. What size rims and tyres are they?

-Matt (the other one)

cheers mate, there 16x7 with 205/50R16 Federal tyres on them. waited ages to get em. but i think its worth it. suspension mods will be coming very soon Smile
Pages (63): [ «  <  19  20  21  22  23  24  25  26  27  28  29  30  31  32  33  34  >  »]   Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: '76 Corona MKII
Next Topic:Old photos
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Wed May 15 03:21:44 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.018983125686646 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.