Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Bobski
Regular

I Supported Toymods

May 2004
hooking up aftermarket fuel management ma70 Sun, 06 February 2005 12:30 Go to next message
i just finished doing an engine/tranny conversion on a ma70 7mgte and this is the last bit

the half cut came with a greddy ribik computer to manage the 2 extra injectors on the motor....im looking for someone who can help me out in working out what goes where as i cant find wiring diagrams anywhere as this thing is ancient

there are 4 input wires....red black green orange

i assume red is +ve and black is earth the other 2 should be signal from coil and accesories...well thats what i assume

any way we hook it up it either stalls the car when activated or the injectors open and spray too much fuel in and i just cant figure it out so...

any help in figuring this out would be appreciated

thanx

Adam
  Send a private message to this user    
improvedae86
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: hooking up aftermarket fuel management ma70 Sun, 06 February 2005 12:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeap i have seen the wonderfully world of early jap piggy backs in a ma70 with td06 etc , they used a f con pro hks unit rusted into the passenger floor under the carpet . Where have they put the extra injectors ? and have you check that they are pulsing or just constantly open ? also did there uses a aftermarket fuel pressure regulator with that set up . The f con used the signal from the ecu or igniter for the extra injector from memory not the direct coil signal . Maybe they where worried about noise interference on the f con . Any links to a wiring diagram of one of there sites ?
Bobski
Regular

I Supported Toymods

May 2004
Re: hooking up aftermarket fuel management ma70 Mon, 07 February 2005 02:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
the motor came from japan in a soarer half cut, its got a td06 strapped to the side of it and the 2 injectors are welded into the pipe with 3000 written on it going across the top of the motor. Im not sure about the pressure regulator or whats been done to it but its got some serious camms in it and all the injectors are upgraded. The computer is not an f-con but some ancient monstrosity called a "ribik" or something...

so u think the signal should be from the ecu not coil...ok that helps a bit and yeah...no wiring diagrams anywhere Confused

ill have another look over the motor today and see what else is changed and ill try to hook up the piggy back....i dont suppose u know what wire from ecu sends the signal for the injectors?

Thanx

Adam
improvedae86
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: hooking up aftermarket fuel management ma70 Mon, 07 February 2005 08:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The car i did had a piggy back loom connected in-between the ecu and factory loom {hand made}. Also the car wasn't a 7mgte to start with , and was changed from auto to manual with all the abs wiring done in the same red wire Laughing guy must have gone crazy doing that .

What ignition set up have they used on that one ? did they change it to multi coils ? And modify the intake with another throttle body and lots of interesting other modifications .
They really know there 7m's over there and seem to have lots of unseen / unheard of modifications .

Hey post some pic's of it , i am not really a 7m person and are really surprised there hasn't been a flood of comments on this thread .

I started with the manual from the tec docs section :

http://toymods.org.au/Repository/TechDocs/Supra%20 MA70%20Wiring%20Manual.zip

Kyosho
Regular

November 2004
Re: hooking up aftermarket fuel management ma70 Mon, 07 February 2005 09:00 Go to previous message
Heres a bit of a warning...

In cars, green is also used as a 12V power, not just red and black...

In my car, I actually have green and black as +ve 12V and -VE 12V respectively...
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:weird electrical/mechanical problem........
Next Topic:Cleaning Engine Bay
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Wed May 8 02:48:46 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0052709579467773 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.