Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
83shug
Occasional Poster

February 2005
FS: AE86 with 4AGE Fri, 04 February 2005 07:08 Go to next message
I have an un-finished 4AGE AE86 project (Australian delivered model) that i am considering selling if i can get a decent offer for it.

I bought the car about 8-months ago for $700 but it had about 4-spots of rust in it and a smashed windscreen, no rego etc. I think i got it so cheap because the car wasn't even on the market, but i offered the guy $700 and he accepted. It was just taking up room in his driveway so he was happy to let it go.

Since then i have fixed all of the rust, and replaced the windscreen. All of the panels except for the bonnet are straight so apart from that the car is ready to be dropped at the paint shop. The 4AGE runs well and has good compression in all 4-cylinders (it is a blue top 4AGE). The interior is not the best, seats and trim are all ok but dash is really cracked. Has Japanese model digital dash already installed and working and the jap spec steering wheel. Air conditioning too.

It is an 85 model.

If i can get around $3000 for it i will consider selling. I am in the Castle Hill area of Sydney.

Any offers?

Stuart.

http://forums.toymods.org.au/index.php?t=getfile&id=9536http://forums.toymods.org.au/index.php?t=getfile&id=9538

Attachment: Resized 1.JPG
(Size: 77.48KB, Downloaded 2004 time(s))
Attachment: Re-sized 2.JPG
(Size: 69.46KB, Downloaded 1972 time(s))

Send a private message to this user    
ShiRi
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: FS: AE86 with 4AGE Fri, 04 February 2005 07:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
wasn't this the autosalon project car? what happanded? Laughing Laughing Laughing

willing to put it on a truck and send it interstate?

[Updated on: Fri, 04 February 2005 07:13]

83shug
Occasional Poster

February 2005
Re: FS: AE86 with 4AGE Fri, 04 February 2005 07:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah that was the Autosalon project. I was writing for them for a year or so, but had an offer from another job that lets me freelance and work on producing music which is what i want to do for a career.

It was a bit of a shame i didn't get to finish it thru the mag because we had a heap of parts and sponsors lined up for it ready to go. The offer of working freelance was a little hard to resist though! And just for the record i wasn't going to rice it up at all, i just wanted to build a cheap drifter.

Anyway if i can get a couple of grand for it that will allow me to buy some more production equipment for my music. If the offers aren't there i think i will just keep it in the garage until i build up the money.

..... I would be willing to put it on a truck if it was all arranged, and the offer was good.

Cheers
Stuart
43sgte
Regular

May 2004
Re: FS: AE86 with 4AGE Fri, 04 February 2005 08:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
got interior pics?
83shug
Occasional Poster

February 2005
Re: FS: AE86 with 4AGE Fri, 04 February 2005 08:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Give me half an hour or so and i will have some posted.
83shug
Occasional Poster

February 2005
Re: FS: AE86 with 4AGE Fri, 04 February 2005 09:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Here is interior pics plus another exterior shot of how it looks at the moment. As i said dash is pretty bad, but could be re-covered. It is a bit dusty in there at the moment from the bodywork i have done.

Attachment: Exterior Shot.JPG
(Size: 58.23KB, Downloaded 468 time(s))
Attachment: Int 01.JPG
(Size: 61.52KB, Downloaded 426 time(s))
Attachment: Int 02.JPG
(Size: 68.00KB, Downloaded 300 time(s))

leaven
Regular

June 2004
Re: FS: AE86 with 4AGE Mon, 07 February 2005 01:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Intersted.
Have you got a number i can call you on to come and inspect.

Dean
0401 005 122
Pulsar_D00D
Regular

July 2004
"H8GRIP"
Re: FS: AE86 with 4AGE Mon, 07 February 2005 06:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Would you consider a swap for a n13 pulsar with rego + cash?

[Updated on: Mon, 07 February 2005 07:24]

felixR
Occasional Poster

October 2004
Re: FS: AE86 with 4AGE Mon, 07 February 2005 12:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i was looking forward to this ASM Project

Good luck with the sale
ae86slaver
Forums Junkie

February 2003
Re: FS: AE86 with 4AGE Mon, 07 February 2005 22:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
haha..

would the article still be continued if say, I bought it and finished the project off?

Surprised

is this all self funded or were the sponsors going to help you out?
Boso_Elvis
Occasional Poster

February 2005
Re: FS: AE86 with 4AGE Tue, 08 February 2005 15:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Very Interested if it's still for sale.

I've emailed you.
83shug
Occasional Poster

February 2005
Re: FS: AE86 with 4AGE Wed, 09 February 2005 03:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Don't know about the magazine coverage, If you were going to complete it as a drift project i could ask them on your behalf but i can't promise anything.

As for how the project worked at the mag,I had to fund the purchase and rego of the car, but the modifications would be mostly done through sponsorship. Rather than get a pay increase i was just going to have my car completed but unfortunately i left the Company before we could get any further under way.

Stuart
leaven
Regular

June 2004
Re: FS: AE86 with 4AGE Wed, 09 February 2005 11:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Stuart give me a number to call you on.
Got the dosh.

0401 005 122

Dean
Les
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: FS: AE86 with 4AGE Thu, 10 February 2005 13:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
does the car run ? apart from a paint job what does it need ? does it have engineers cert for the motor ? is it registered i.e. can i drive it home from ur place ? orig t50 box ?

thanks
83shug
Occasional Poster

February 2005
Re: FS: AE86 with 4AGE Fri, 11 February 2005 03:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Car was running a few months ago, but a mechanic friend of mine changed a few oil seals on the motor that were brittle(distributor and rocker cover gaskets)and since then i have kind of abondoned the project and havn't had it started again. A mechanic would have the engine running within a few minutes as i think it is just the timing being out since pulling out the dizzy. Engine has compression on all four cylinders that is within the healthy range as listed in the 4AGE handbook.

If it was important to have the engine running when you come to look at it i can have that arranged.

Apart from paint, and a little panel beating (bonnet etc) you would want to re-skin the dash and give the interior a good steam clean or something.
sleeka slider
Occasional Poster

January 2005
Re: FS: AE86 with 4AGE Fri, 11 February 2005 04:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
how was the rust fixed? panels replaced or bogged?
83shug
Occasional Poster

February 2005
Re: FS: AE86 with 4AGE Sat, 12 February 2005 04:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rust was only bog fixed, it was done with a rust proofing coating and some shelly's metal putty re-enforcement keeping the bog in place. Good for a couple of years!

I was intending to build the car as a dedicated drifter so i wasn't too worried about fixing all of the rust with new pieces of metal. It would have been too expensive that way.

Anyway, if you wanted a super neat sprinter that would last you for 15-years i would say you could find better examples than this, but if you just wanted a cool racer with the blu-top and digital dash then this car would be perfect.

Regards
Stuart
Barker luvs rollas
Occasional Poster

February 2005
Re: FS: AE86 with 4AGE Sun, 13 February 2005 05:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
have u sold it yet? i am very interested i need it for a school project so it would be perfec for me that most of the p[aint work as alredy beeen done Very Happy
Les
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: FS: AE86 with 4AGE Sun, 13 February 2005 08:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dude i cant see it today man .. i fcking knackered ... worked on two cars today and just finished
86tt
Forums Junkie

August 2004
Re: FS: AE86 with 4AGE Sun, 13 February 2005 15:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
does this thing still have rego? Is the gearbox, suspension, air cond. etc. still attached?
83shug
Occasional Poster

February 2005
Re: FS: AE86 with 4AGE Mon, 14 February 2005 05:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Car i still for sale. It doesn't have any rego. Engine, gearbox, suspension and gearbox are all currently fitted to the car.
86tt
Forums Junkie

August 2004
Re: FS: AE86 with 4AGE Mon, 14 February 2005 06:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
how long since the rego ran out?
boostjunkie
Occasional Poster

February 2005
Re: FS: AE86 with 4AGE Tue, 15 February 2005 03:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
any pics of the bonnet? Does it run nicely and drivable from syd to melbourne? Or would it have to be freighted.
WiLo
Forums Junkie

August 2003
Re: FS: AE86 with 4AGE Tue, 15 February 2005 04:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
it doesnt have rego so i assume it needs to be trailered
boostjunkie
Occasional Poster

February 2005
Re: FS: AE86 with 4AGE Tue, 15 February 2005 04:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
WiLo wrote on Tue, 15 February 2005 15:18

it doesnt have rego so i assume it needs to be trailered

you can buy 30day temp registration. I meant i just wanted to know if its drivable over about the 1200km distance from there to here.. no heating problems, drivtrain straight, no clunks etc.
86tt
Forums Junkie

August 2004
Re: FS: AE86 with 4AGE Tue, 15 February 2005 05:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
depends how long the rego ran out you may or may not need a blue slip
Barker luvs rollas
Occasional Poster

February 2005
Re: FS: AE86 with 4AGE Tue, 15 February 2005 06:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
is there a time not this coming weekend but the next that i could hav a look at the car as i am very interested in buying
insalubrity_macca
Regular

September 2004

Re: FS: AE86 with 4AGE Tue, 15 February 2005 10:51 Go to previous message
Hey im very interested in that car....I live in Baulkham hills so im only a few minutes away from a sale. I was wondering if i could come by and see it sometime. I currently have an ae82 thats not registered but i want that car u have there...lol, can u suggest a time to see it?
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:RARE MA70 SUPRA - R154 Manual, Aero Top, Turbo, FOR SALE !!
Next Topic:4sale Ke20 4age mods...
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Mon Apr 29 01:55:03 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0079410076141357 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.