Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » The Outhouse » What the fuck is ithis ?

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Mookie
Forums Junkie

October 2003
What the fuck is ithis ? Sun, 06 February 2005 22:47 Go to next message
http://www.news.com.au/story/0,10117,12172080-2,00 .html
I don't know if it's already been covered but what the hell were they thinking ?
  Send a private message to this user    
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: What the fuck is ithis ? Sun, 06 February 2005 22:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
and that is the reason why I stopped going to the illegal drags. I only ever went to watch, but pretty soon there were too many tossers and too many cops.
bathurst-91
Forums Junkie

April 2004

Re: What the fuck is ithis ? Sun, 06 February 2005 23:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mookie we passed through South Strathfield on the way to my place... That happened very close to my house.

News crews attacked? Cant wait to see the footage on ACA Rolling Eyes What were they thinking.
Mookie
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: What the fuck is ithis ? Sun, 06 February 2005 23:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
as if people would be pleased to see their car on tv cuz it's at a illegal drag race.
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: What the fuck is ithis ? Sun, 06 February 2005 23:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
plausible deniability is a wonderful thing, especially since the news crews rocked up after the crash Smile
Shraka
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: What the fuck is ithis ? Sun, 06 February 2005 23:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
What a bunch of morons.

Gives illegal street drag racing a bad name. Errr... yeah. Confused
RobST162
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: What the fuck is ithis ? Sun, 06 February 2005 23:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hehe "illegal street races"

as opposed to "street races" lol
setsuna
Forums Junkie

July 2004

Re: What the fuck is ithis ? Mon, 07 February 2005 00:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
"The drama began about midnight after a P-plate driver took off down Madeline St, heading west, in a Datsun 1600 for the first illegal run of the night."

*rotary*rotary* Razz
WiLo
Forums Junkie

August 2003
Re: What the fuck is ithis ? Mon, 07 February 2005 02:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
setsuna wrote on Mon, 07 February 2005 11:50

"The drama began about midnight after a P-plate driver took off down Madeline St, heading west, in a Datsun 1600 for the first illegal run of the night."

*rotary*rotary* Razz

i read somewhere that the diff had recently been welded and was his first time driving like that so i think that there must have been some engine mods
Mookie
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: What the fuck is ithis ? Mon, 07 February 2005 02:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I would have thought illegal street races were in straight lines drag strip style. How could u loose control in a straight line ????
I've never seen 1 tho.
Shraka
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: What the fuck is ithis ? Mon, 07 February 2005 02:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mookie wrote on Mon, 07 February 2005 13:34

I would have thought illegal street races were in straight lines drag strip style. How could u loose control in a straight line ????
I've never seen 1 tho.

Welded diff + too much power + lightweight old car with average suspension + tool at the wheel = crashzor.
thu187
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: What the fuck is ithis ? Mon, 07 February 2005 02:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
RobST162 wrote on Mon, 07 February 2005 10:57

LOL smart man! Laughing
EldarO
Forums Junkie

December 2004
Re: What the fuck is ithis ? Mon, 07 February 2005 03:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Shraka wrote on Mon, 07 February 2005 10:35

I've never seen 1 tho.

Welded diff + too much power + lightweight old car with average suspension + tool at the wheel = crashzor.

looks like einsteins work for that equation..

no matter how hard us young fellas try and seem like we're good drivers and whatnot, the tools that do this ruin it for us, so what are our options? 1. stay on the road and be constantly harassed by the police for random breath tests and have them find the tiniest fault on our cars for a canary..

or, 2. stay off the road until our p's expire (2 years for me, not 3 Razz)and then get back on the road after we're off, which, in itself is bad, because, we wont have the experience we need, plus we still need to get from place to place...

its lose lose, and its bullshit
Shraka
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: What the fuck is ithis ? Mon, 07 February 2005 03:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
EldarO wrote on Mon, 07 February 2005 14:09

Shraka wrote on Mon, 07 February 2005 10:35

I've never seen 1 tho.

looks like einsteins work for that equation..

no matter how hard us young fellas try and seem like we're good drivers and whatnot, the tools that do this ruin it for us, so what are our options? 1. stay on the road and be constantly harassed by the police for random breath tests and have them find the tiniest fault on our cars for a canary..

or, 2. stay off the road until our p's expire (2 years for me, not 3 Razz)and then get back on the road after we're off, which, in itself is bad, because, we wont have the experience we need, plus we still need to get from place to place...

its lose lose, and its bullshit

3. Get a stocky, slow car that doesn't have bling wheels or a bodykit, and drive sensibly untill you're off your Ps.
EldarO
Forums Junkie

December 2004
Re: What the fuck is ithis ? Mon, 07 February 2005 03:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hmmm, i drive a 1991 liteace, and i still get the stink eye from the cops man, it doesnt work, that red and white sign is the devil
finney
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: What the fuck is ithis ? Mon, 07 February 2005 03:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
the P stands for "Pull me over" Crying or Very Sad

i have mates with stock cars who refuse to put the plates on because of the unneccesary attention they attract.

i feel sorry for the GTiR that was crashed into
BlackMR2
Regular

December 2004
Re: What the fuck is ithis ? Mon, 07 February 2005 04:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i never used to put P's up in my old celica for that reason.
Nolan
Forums Junkie

November 2004
Re: What the fuck is ithis ? Mon, 07 February 2005 06:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i heard that there ius suppose to be footage of the accident, any1 else here this or is it bullshit?

CHEERS

NOLAN
shaneblack
Occasional Poster

October 2004
Re: What the fuck is ithis ? Mon, 07 February 2005 07:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
RobST162 wrote on Mon, 07 February 2005 10:57

Last time I checked the Australian Formula 1 Grand Prix and Gold Coast Indy Race where both street races.
ehendrikd
Forums Junkie

April 2003

Re: What the fuck is ithis ? Mon, 07 February 2005 07:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
its shit like this that gives genuine, law abiding performance car and motorsport enthusiasts a bad name

grow the fuck up
Benjamin
Forums Junkie

January 2004
Re: What the fuck is ithis ? Mon, 07 February 2005 07:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Just saw it on the news and I am FUCKING PISSED OFF!

I do not find it a coincidence that the majority of people involved were of a "specific" nationality (ie fucking ghey greased lightening hairstylez). I have never ever met a person of this nationality that wasn't an arrogant prick. Sorry if that upsets people but fuck it, I am sick of it.

The police and ambulance people were trying to help the victims and get the situation into some form of structured solution but eventually ended up getting assaulted by these dipshits. Sure, you may want to help out your Bro or Cuz but the paramedics are surely more able to help anyone who is injured and the police are attempting to give them some space.

But no, "Da copz r da enemiez nd we gotta stop the cunz from touchin em" its that kind of mentality that shits me.

FUCKHEADS!!

Anyway "street racing is bad mmmkay..."
EVOSTi
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      no
Re: What the fuck is ithis ? Mon, 07 February 2005 10:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
the minority make the majority look bad Rolling Eyes
muzzi
Regular

December 2004
Re: What the fuck is ithis ? Mon, 07 February 2005 11:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Benjamin wrote on Mon, 07 February 2005 18:18

HAHAHAH Smile

Benjamin you and I would get along famously Very Happy

I once got beaten up buy a group (read: 10) of them, because I stopped a fight which would have ended with a friend of theirs in hospital. I shit you not. So this doesn't surprise me in the least.

Talk about biting the hand that feeds you! I would have left them there....
Shraka
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: What the fuck is ithis ? Mon, 07 February 2005 12:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I hate "wogs". I do however date an Italian chick who is the sweetest girl I've ever met. It's the "fully sick" wogs I don't like. Them and their parents that make them like that.
mk27m
Regular

November 2003
Re: What the fuck is ithis ? Mon, 07 February 2005 13:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
This is going to make one hell of a news story isn't it??? Glad it wasn't here... I'm not psychic but i reckon i can glimpse a bit of the future: "Police blitz on hoon drivers - 150 cars defected, 80 people fined"
thu187
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: What the fuck is ithis ? Mon, 07 February 2005 15:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah I've had on more than one occasion cops do a u-turn and tail me and pull me over.
Since the last time it's been a few months and I drive without the plates and I've had no hassles. I drive a completely stock car as well. I've been pulled over once since in the city for driving with my parkers on (the city was bright I thought I had my headlights on) and the cop saw my license and everything and didn't say anything about missing P plates.

They're such a hassle. Honestly Sad
Shraka
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: What the fuck is ithis ? Tue, 08 February 2005 01:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Only time I EVER got hassled on my Ps was when I lost traction around a corner or was exceeding the speed limit.
xolent
Forums Junkie

October 2004
Re: What the fuck is ithis ? Tue, 08 February 2005 02:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thu187 wrote on Tue, 08 February 2005 02:36

Yeah I've had on more than one occasion cops do a u-turn and tail me and pull me over.
Since the last time it's been a few months and I drive without the plates and I've had no hassles. I drive a completely stock car as well. I've been pulled over once since in the city for driving with my parkers on (the city was bright I thought I had my headlights on) and the cop saw my license and everything and didn't say anything about missing P plates.

They're such a hassle. Honestly Sad

maybe coz you got no hub caps and they assume you stole it and brang your own p plates Razz
Clown
Forums Junkie

September 2002

Re: What the fuck is ithis ? Tue, 08 February 2005 07:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Crashing while racing = Cars tagging, something breaking, something running across road, or something on the road. Being first run of the night anythings possible.

P-plates up = me in stock subaru being hassled
P-plates down = me in bright yellow mr2 not being looked at.
Farkurnell
Regular

February 2005

Re: What the fuck is ithis ? Sat, 12 February 2005 09:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
This sort of shit has been going on since the year dot. Christ, I used to race at Brickies (Underwood road) and Carter street in Homebush and hang out doing burnouts on Parramatta road at the Big Chief restaurant at Granville more than 25 years ago. There were a few deaths at Brickies in my times there.
They (the cops) are never gonna stop young blokes from racing. There's always been the idiot element that spoils it for the rest.

Cheers, Greg
Clown
Forums Junkie

September 2002

Re: What the fuck is ithis ? Sat, 12 February 2005 21:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
so true.
My parents used to race, i used to race and no doubt my kids will aswell. Racing will allways happen!.
RWDboy
Forums Junkie

July 2002
Re: What the fuck is ithis ? Sat, 12 February 2005 22:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
'Race happens' ?
Dale_ta22
Regular

September 2004
Re: What the fuck is ithis ? Sun, 13 February 2005 02:36 Go to previous message
FWDboy wrote on Sun, 13 February 2005 09:59

'Race happens' ?

Laughing maybe 'Rice happens' would make another good bumper sticker
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Stargate = Lame-o