Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » The Outhouse » Creating pdf files.

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
no_tofu_speed
Forums Junkie

August 2003
Jab what?!!?!
Creating pdf files. Sun, 06 February 2005 13:08 Go to next message
Never done it before, how do you create pdf files? What program do you use? Hopefully it is freeware....
  Send a private message to this user    
dimmy77_03
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: Creating pdf files. Sun, 06 February 2005 13:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i think pdf files are Acrobat Reader files.... Confused
Cplus
Occasional Poster

October 2004
Re: Creating pdf files. Sun, 06 February 2005 15:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
try downloading something like "cutepdf" or even use adobe's online pdf creater. just google for "pdf writer" and you'll find plenty.

pdf (portable doument format) are produced with adobe acrobat pro (via distiller normally) or other programs.

it sets itself up like a printer, so when you print, you select "adobe pdf" and print to that. cutepdf is free, acrobat pro is not ($700 or so!!)

acrobat reader is free from adobe.com

I heard a rumour that you can find "dodgy" versions of it with winmx or similar, but i'd know nothing about that of course Smile

if you get desperate, PM me and i can create a pdf doco (i've got acrobat pro) for you and email it back.

Cheers,

C+
indian
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: Creating pdf files. Mon, 07 February 2005 01:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
btw a pdf dcument once created cannot be modified later unlike word document where u can add or subtract more and then save it , this cant be done in pdf so get it right before u save it

cheers
KOFFEE-BLACK
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: Creating pdf files. Mon, 07 February 2005 02:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
You need Acrobat Distiller (writer). And you dont actually open it up, and start making a new document, you have to create it in word, and export it to the writer, or as cplus said.
indian
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: Creating pdf files. Mon, 07 February 2005 03:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
YEAH TRUE OR SCAN IT IN

either way u cantchange shit after its been saved
Cplus
Occasional Poster

October 2004
Re: Creating pdf files. Mon, 07 February 2005 17:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
as i said it works like an electronic printer - hence if you can see it, you can print it/make a pdf of it. and just like printing, if you only have the printer/writer (or distiller in adobes case) just like a print from a trusty canon bubblejet, no you can't change much.

But besides, yes, you can change "shit" once it's been done.

changes (yes including text) can be done at any stage if you have the acrobat pro. if you only have distiller, the actual writer you can only "print" to pdf however and changes must be made within the source document/file as i mentioned.

hence there's no need to absolutely get it right first go, you can just print/create it again anyway.

go here for CutePDF http://www.acrosoftware.com/download/CuteWriter.ex e

works a charm. will only "print" however, not quite as good as acrobat as graphics are converted to BMP (ie BIG) not treated as simple vectors. but it's free so who cares.

adobe offer a free service too, limited to 5 goes however. https://createpdf.adobe.com/index.pl/1484550217.96 879?BP=IE&v=AHP

If you need anything done/can't work it out, give me a yell.

Cheers,

C+
indian
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: Creating pdf files. Mon, 07 February 2005 22:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
changes (yes including text) can be done at any stage if you have the acrobat pro

that software cots an arm and a leg , i was only saying about the acrobat writer

the guy also has asked wether its freeware so i just answered accordingly
Beserker99
Regular

January 2004
Re: Creating pdf files. Tue, 08 February 2005 14:17 Go to previous message
You can also make PDF files from Adobe Illustrator. As they both use vectors, Illustrator has an export function.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:A true fan...
Next Topic:Nerds at play
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sun May 5 04:00:00 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0078511238098145 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.