Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Tech & Conversions » MA61 sunroof into Sprinter electronics and all???

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
WHITCHY
Forums Junkie

August 2003
MA61 sunroof into Sprinter electronics and all??? Mon, 07 February 2005 11:47 Go to next message
Went to wrecker the other day, had a look in one, love the elec sunroof, was just wondering if one would fit into an AE86? I am gonna go out with a tape measure and shit and have a guestimate, but I was just wondering if anyone knows for sure? I would like to put one in, but I want one that opens not just pops up, and I rekon it would be sick!plus it is electric!
thanks for help/advise!
-Whitchy-
  Send a private message to this user    
Norbie
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: MA61 sunroof into Sprinter electronics and all??? Mon, 07 February 2005 13:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Of course it will fit, after you chop a bloody great hole in your roof. You realise that's what a sunroof is right - a big hole?
WHITCHY
Forums Junkie

August 2003
Re: MA61 sunroof into Sprinter electronics and all??? Mon, 07 February 2005 14:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah, but my issue is weather it will be able to fully slide back into the roof? or is there stuff in the way of it, or is the AE86 roof heaps smaller than the MA61 roof?
thechuckster
Forums Junkie

February 2003

Re: MA61 sunroof into Sprinter electronics and all??? Mon, 07 February 2005 14:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
a sunroof is also an automatic rust and water introduction device - installing one in your car will add features to your roof like excessive corrosion and paint damage plus you'll get free fading of the interior and complimentary water damage to all soft interior parts.

If you're really lucky, you'll get one with the factory designed random-stoppage add-on - it only functions prior to heavy rain and dusty days.
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: MA61 sunroof into Sprinter electronics and all??? Mon, 07 February 2005 15:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Bahaha, but man are they cool? Laughing
CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: MA61 sunroof into Sprinter electronics and all??? Mon, 07 February 2005 15:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nah, I think its just a case of sunroof envy
1983supra
Regular

I supported Toymods

July 2002
Re: MA61 sunroof into Sprinter electronics and all??? Mon, 07 February 2005 21:22 Go to previous message
After you get a can opener and make a hole in your roof, the MAx
sunroof bolts up under the existing roof with most of the anchor points on the side rails of the roof. It's not a matter of the sunroof sliding back into an existing cavity, I would think the MA would be wider than an AE86. Then you need to make the headlining fit as it houses the electric controls that feed up the front door pillar to the motor in the roof. Good Luck! Laughing
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Stud patterns explained?
Next Topic:Exhaust for Celica st162... 2" or 2.25"
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Mon Apr 29 10:37:44 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0062370300292969 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.