Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » The Outhouse » what can i do to help my sunburn?

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
lang
Forums Junkie

June 2003
what can i do to help my sunburn? Sat, 05 February 2005 15:32 Go to next message
i dont get burnt very often but 4 hours of backyard cricket has fried me>

are there any good things you can do if your burnt? ie creams ect, to reduce the redness and stop peeling???????
  Send a private message to this user    
Choony_AE86
Forums Junkie

May 2004

Re: what can i do to help my sunburn? Sat, 05 February 2005 15:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
apply moisturiser or sun screen when it gets dry

or mayonaise with apple juice...

lemme know how the mayonaise goes if u try it. i've never done it before, but i've heard it works. dont ask how

Choony

Shraka
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: what can i do to help my sunburn? Sat, 05 February 2005 16:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Aloe spray works a treat. Basicaly you just don't want your skin drying out. Drink lots of water and spray it with that spray stuff as much as you can. It doesn't make it hurt any less, but it heals it faster.
EldarO
Forums Junkie

December 2004
Re: what can i do to help my sunburn? Sat, 05 February 2005 17:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i recommend aloe vera cream 110%, ive only ever been burnt twice... and both times it made it slightly uncomfortable, but no where near painful
b1gb3n
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

June 2004
Re: what can i do to help my sunburn? Sat, 05 February 2005 17:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
moisturizer

peel the dry skin off when its time Very Happy
Fujiwara_ToFu
Regular

March 2004

Re: what can i do to help my sunburn? Sat, 05 February 2005 18:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
long sleeve shirt and a hat.

Zinc ur nose and slip slop slap a bottle of Heineken, re-apply every 3 hours.

-Jay
b1gb3n
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

June 2004
Re: what can i do to help my sunburn? Sat, 05 February 2005 19:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Fujiwara_ToFu wrote on Sun, 06 February 2005 05:40

-Jay

heineken?? who the alcoholic now Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
andrij
Regular

December 2003
Re: what can i do to help my sunburn? Sat, 05 February 2005 20:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
go the aloe vera mate. either in cream form, or if you can get the leaves, you break or cut it, and rub the raw aloe vera sap onto the sunburnt area.

one other thing i do remember from childhood was vinegar. It got rid of the pain, but i smelt like a $3.00 bag of chips from my local fish and chip shop.
Yian
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

August 2004
Re: what can i do to help my sunburn? Sat, 05 February 2005 21:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Fujiwara_ToFu wrote on Sun, 06 February 2005 05:40

-Jay

Ah ha. Heineken good yeah? Smiley =

But yeah. Never got sunburnt before. I guess I'm just too brown.
Bradelz
Regular

June 2004
Re: what can i do to help my sunburn? Sat, 05 February 2005 23:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey,
You can use Calamine lotion that pink stuff i've used it, works a treat.
Brad
ae80
Regular

August 2004
Re: what can i do to help my sunburn? Sun, 06 February 2005 00:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
You'll need something with Vitamen E in it, that helps.

Aloe Vera is good, especially straight from the plant. But if its from the bottle, make sure that it doesnt contain alcohol, as that dries the skin, it just makes it feel cool and nice for a little while.
thechuckster
Forums Junkie

February 2003

Re: what can i do to help my sunburn? Sun, 06 February 2005 01:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
get drunk stay in the shower/pool, tell all your friends you're a vampire
Shraka
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: what can i do to help my sunburn? Sun, 06 February 2005 01:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Don't get drunk. That'll dry it out more.
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: what can i do to help my sunburn? Sun, 06 February 2005 02:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
As said above, drinking shitloads of water and spraying on aloe spray (I find it feels nicer than the cream) will be the best thing you can do. Have to keep it up though.
ae80
Regular

August 2004
Re: what can i do to help my sunburn? Sun, 06 February 2005 02:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I got burnt heaps bad last weekend, tried to look after it, but then peeled.

I normally dont get burnt but Reef oil with no Sun protection, and 40'C temperature dont go well together.. Peeled all over my chest and some on my back, but lucky i was on holis at the time, so i spent the next 5 days at the beach, and im brown again! Very Happy
KOFFEE-BLACK
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: what can i do to help my sunburn? Sun, 06 February 2005 02:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sorry, cant help you, Im black Razz
bigg willie style
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: what can i do to help my sunburn? Sun, 06 February 2005 04:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
so are you like, immune from sunburn, or is it that we just cant see it?
magicmitch
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: what can i do to help my sunburn? Sun, 06 February 2005 07:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ask the drivers of the lotus today at the cruise...

the ppl who were there will know wat im talkin about...

damn pretty boys
lang
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: what can i do to help my sunburn? Sun, 06 February 2005 08:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i got some aloe vera, seems to be helping Smile
b1gb3n
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

June 2004
Re: what can i do to help my sunburn? Sun, 06 February 2005 09:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Bradelz wrote on Sun, 06 February 2005 10:19

Hey,
You can use Calamine lotion that pink stuff i've used it, works a treat.
Brad

calamine stinks. my mom gave me that for the slightest skin problem i have throughout kiddiehood
KOFFEE-BLACK
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: what can i do to help my sunburn? Sun, 06 February 2005 11:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bigg willie style wrote on Sun, 06 February 2005 15:13

so are you like, immune from sunburn, or is it that we just cant see it?

I dunno, in my whole 24 years in Australia, playing outside for hours when I was a kid, playing sports etc, never been burnt!
bigg willie style
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: what can i do to help my sunburn? Sun, 06 February 2005 11:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
maybe people with darker skin are more resistant to sunburn, like something to do with the pigment???? (im sure some eddie expert on this board knows if there is any truth behind this). my mate who is half sri lankan only gets burnt on really intense days, like 30+.
on the other hand, me and my caucasian mates got burnt on a 23 degree day. my sister even gets burnt through sunscreen!
lang
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: what can i do to help my sunburn? Sun, 06 February 2005 12:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bigg willie style wrote on Sun, 06 February 2005 22:05

maybe people with darker skin are more resistant to sunburn, like something to do with the pigment???? (im sure some eddie expert on this board knows if there is any truth behind this). my mate who is half sri lankan only gets burnt on really intense days, like 30+.
on the other hand, me and my caucasian mates got burnt on a 23 degree day. my sister even gets burnt through sunscreen!

i think its to do with the amount of melanin in your skin. the darker you are the more melanin you have, and the harder it is to get burnt.

black people can still get skincancer tho
b1gb3n
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

June 2004
Re: what can i do to help my sunburn? Sun, 06 February 2005 14:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i think its to do with evolution regarding the dark skin. i notice dark skin ethnicity tend to come frm hot countries like africa or india originally. so therefore they get tanned and after generations their skin is more resistant to sun burn. just my thought.

btw, i dont mean to be racist in anyway. if u find this offensive let me know and ill delete it.
lang
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: what can i do to help my sunburn? Sun, 06 February 2005 14:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
b1gb3n wrote on Mon, 07 February 2005 00:36

i think its to do with evolution regarding the dark skin. i notice dark skin ethnicity tend to come frm hot countries like africa or india originally. so therefore they get tanned and after generations their skin is more resistant to sun burn. just my thought.

btw, i dont mean to be racist in anyway. if u find this offensive let me know and ill delete it.

genetic mutation over time would have accounted for the variatoin and natural selection favoured people with darker skin because lighter skinned people would die easier in these climates.

b1gb3n
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

June 2004
Re: what can i do to help my sunburn? Sun, 06 February 2005 14:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
exactly what i was trying to say
Cplus
Occasional Poster

October 2004
Re: what can i do to help my sunburn? Sun, 06 February 2005 15:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
aloe plant, ice and a blender. press go.

get the heat out first, thats the important bit.
Cplus
Occasional Poster

October 2004
Re: what can i do to help my sunburn? Sun, 06 February 2005 15:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
you can have dark (ie black) skin and still get very very sunburnt. it's usually harder though.

A mate of mine is Jamaican, we went to the french alps a month or so ago, he thought he couldn't get burnt.

well he did - in fact he was toast.
Mookie
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: what can i do to help my sunburn? Mon, 07 February 2005 03:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'm black altho i get burnt on the very end of my nose.
nowhere else !
My friends have bveen telling me i'm getting lighter and lighter, I hope i don't turn out like micheal jackson.
all black people tan that's why the underside of my arms are lighter than the top.
I dunno what the fuck is going on with my palms and soles of my feet, maybe it got rubbed off Rolling Eyes Laughing .
when my mate gets sunburnt he get "sunburn remedy" or something that sounds similar from the body shop it seems to work for him.
soaringmik
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: what can i do to help my sunburn? Mon, 07 February 2005 04:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sounds like your well on your way to recovery, but for future reference..

If you get a very bad sunburn and the heat of it is painful,

go to the store, get yourself a cabbage and stick it in your fridge,once the cabbage is nice and cool, just strip some leaves and place it on badly affected areas, keep refreshing the leaves,..

it sounds bloody stupid, but it works really well at taking the heat out of the burn,.. This was one of many treatments my brother used after a nap on the beach for about 3 hours,..

You won't believe me til you try it Smile
smt_007
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: what can i do to help my sunburn? Mon, 07 February 2005 06:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
soaringmik wrote on Mon, 07 February 2005 15:43

go to the store, get yourself a cabbage and stick it in your fridge,once the cabbage is nice and cool, just strip some leaves and place it on badly affected areas, keep refreshing the leaves,..

it sounds bloody stupid, but it works really well at taking the heat out of the burn,.. This was one of many treatments my brother used after a nap on the beach for about 3 hours,..

Even if half your body is burnt, youll need heaps of leaves, i think any after sun cream with aloe vera or straight from the plant is best, also when i was youger my mum rubbed a tomato into the skin and that worked.
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: what can i do to help my sunburn? Mon, 07 February 2005 11:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
alovera cream works a treat
Cplus
Occasional Poster

October 2004
Re: what can i do to help my sunburn? Mon, 07 February 2005 17:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
4agte wrote on Mon, 07 February 2005 22:50

alovera cream works a treat

really? thanks for clarifying that.

I hadn't gotten that impression from the previous posts Very Happy
clubagreenie
Forums Junkie

November 2002

Re: what can i do to help my sunburn? Mon, 07 February 2005 20:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Banana Boat make a spray with aloe and banana extract, keep in fridge. Is verry good (I know it's been saud about the aloe)

Black people can get burnt yes, esp at altitude where UV intesity is higher. Even Eskimos get burnt, they aren't black but are darker skinned. But thats caused by higher levels of I think it's vitamin D from all the fish/seal they eat.
soaringmik
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: what can i do to help my sunburn? Mon, 07 February 2005 21:57 Go to previous message
smt_007 wrote on Mon, 07 February 2005 17:54

soaringmik wrote on Mon, 07 February 2005 15:43

Even if half your body is burnt, youll need heaps of leaves, i think any after sun cream with aloe vera or straight from the plant is best, also when i was youger my mum rubbed a tomato into the skin and that worked.

It isn't a remedy for the burn,. simply a soothing method,. and I think you'd be surprised how big a cabbage leaf actually is Smile ,
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Hiring out a race track ??????
Next Topic:How do these people get their licences...
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Thu May 16 12:04:47 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.059697866439819 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.