Vote No! Tue, 08 February 2005 00:38 Go to next message
http://smh.com.au/polls/national/results.html

Take away street racers cars (This includes taking off quickly from the
lights)
  Send a private message to this user    
improvedae86
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: Vote No! Tue, 08 February 2005 00:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Man how do you vote ?
toyoda
Regular

November 2003
Re: Vote No! Tue, 08 February 2005 00:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
site dont even work
Lench
Forums Junkie

August 2003

Re: Vote No! Tue, 08 February 2005 00:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
wheres the vote button? *clicks frantically* Confused
Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: Vote No! Tue, 08 February 2005 01:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yah i dont see how i can vote
RobST162
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: Vote No! Tue, 08 February 2005 01:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I voted

click on the "have your say" think
davedave
Forums Junkie

October 2003

Re: Vote No! Tue, 08 February 2005 01:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'd probably agree with this one.
There's drags on a Wednesday night if you want to do it. Actually, that would probably be a good bumber/rear window sticker... "Wanna run? meet me at WSID"
Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: Vote No! Tue, 08 February 2005 01:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
you know, i still dont see it
Mookie
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: Vote No! Tue, 08 February 2005 01:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
where is the "have your say" button ?
RobST162
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: Vote No! Tue, 08 February 2005 01:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ok go here

http://smh.com.au/news/national/index.html

and click on the "confiscate..." link after this article heading

Drag race injures seven, two police officers assaulted

Sydney's drag-racing community, quick and nimble, using text messages, radios and mobile phones to arrange events, is highly embarrassed by a bad accident in Madeline Street, Strathfield South, on Sunday night. more

Confiscate racers' cars?
st184 sillycar
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: Vote No! Tue, 08 February 2005 01:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yet another well intentioned idea, with BULLSHIT clauses tacked on by CvNT politicians to make it a bastard law by the time it gets through parlaiment. Who gives a sh!t if you chirp your tyres away from the lights? It's hardly racing to 200km/h on city streets now, is it!?!?!

Politicians make baby Jesus cry Crying or Very Sad
Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: Vote No! Tue, 08 February 2005 01:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
anyone got an excel for sale?
may as well sell my car now
finney
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: Vote No! Tue, 08 February 2005 02:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i can see where they are coming from but some of the viewpoints expressed here have made me open my eyes a bit.

what happens if you drive a mates car for him and you aren't used to the clutch and chirp next to a cop car... you're screwed

f*ck that shit Mad
bigg willie style
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: Vote No! Tue, 08 February 2005 02:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
exactly.

i woudlnt be against this sort of punishment for dickheads who have no respect for others on the road, BUT i would be worried about how the stupid po-po would enforce this law. like what finney said, the cops would be confiscating cars for no good reason.
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: Vote No! Tue, 08 February 2005 02:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
there is a big problem with this law which has been in effect for years which i have personaly witnessed is that people spend 60-100k on their pride and joys and race them on the streets which is not the smartest thing to do and then the police turn up while they are racing at about 140+ km/h lets put this into perspective now. Imagine you are that person who was stupid enough to race on the street and you have 2 choices 1. stop and have your pride and joy taken from you or 2. take your chances and run.

9 out of 10 people run and it is dangerous they just get outta there as fast as possible with police in chase.

Now im not having a go at the police here but i do think that there needs to be an attitude change in the government where they put up the money and provide more places for people to race off the streets. You usually have to travel some distances especially if u live in the north to a track and quite frankly i couldnt be bothered half the time.

Dont get me wrong im not saying street racing is ok im saying taking peoples cars is not the right way
Fr3aK
Regular

January 2005
Re: Vote No! Tue, 08 February 2005 02:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
They've got places where you can shoot up heroin 24 hours a day, because they're worried about people dying from something illegal.

Shouldn't there be a similar place to race if they're so worried about people dying in car accidents?

And last time i checked, more people die on our roads from drink driving compared to street racing. Why don't they take away booze?
Shraka
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Vote No! Tue, 08 February 2005 03:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Fr3aK wrote on Tue, 08 February 2005 13:59

They've got places where you can shoot up heroin 24 hours a day, because they're worried about people dying from something illegal.

Shouldn't there be a similar place to race if they're so worried about people dying in car accidents?

And last time i checked, more people die on our roads from drink driving compared to street racing. Why don't they take away booze?

Those are both good... in fact very good points.

I hate drink drivers. If you're out there and you have had a few 2 many then driven home, I hate you.
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: Vote No! Tue, 08 February 2005 03:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey hey hey lets not get irrational now
Fr3aK
Regular

January 2005
Re: Vote No! Tue, 08 February 2005 03:21 Go to previous message
What's the point i'm trying to make?

Governments will do whatever they can to:
* Make money (even if it means taking advantage of peoples' addictions -> smoking, gambling, alcohol etc)
* Keep the votes coming in for their party
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:bahahahahaha check out this yankee tool....turbo timer on my 4-AC...Auto!!!
Next Topic:Where to buy these bulbs ?
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Fri May 17 18:20:25 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0054972171783447 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.