AuthorTopic
japspec
Regular

May 2002
WTB: Aftermarket ECU 1G GTE Tue, 12 November 2002 10:48 Go to next message

I want my HOT WATER!
I want my CLOTHES OFF!
I want my MR MATEY!

and I want an aftermarket ECU to tune a 1G GTE.

Cheers
  Send a private message to this user    
Bugman
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: WTB: Aftermarket ECU 1G GTE Tue, 12 November 2002 12:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mines sell em.. last I checked about 176,000 yen for a new one
japspec
Regular

May 2002
Re: WTB: Aftermarket ECU 1G GTE Tue, 12 November 2002 22:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Yeh I'm seeing if someone has upgraded or something and is looking to get rid of there old 1G ecu.
SupraPete
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: WTB: Aftermarket ECU 1G GTE Wed, 13 November 2002 00:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dick is currently putting Delco on a 1GGTE. definately worth looking into.
japspec
Regular

May 2002
Re: WTB: Aftermarket ECU 1G GTE Wed, 13 November 2002 02:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message

What would that delco be worth Pete?

P.S Do you still have your 3" for sale??
SupraPete
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: WTB: Aftermarket ECU 1G GTE Wed, 13 November 2002 03:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I got mine out of a JE camira, cost me $150.

To tune it. It'll cost a fair bit. I'm probably paying $1200. This is for 3 days of tuning and will be tuned PROPERLY.

Guy that tunes them regularly has cars out of HDT that was tuned by them, he tunes them properly and gets more kw out of them, and better fuel efficiency.

Don't know about my 3" at the moment, I might try and hook it up to the 1UZ.
japspec
Regular

May 2002
Re: WTB: Aftermarket ECU 1G GTE Wed, 13 November 2002 04:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message

So you must need to get all the sensors and everything from the camira to go with the cpu.

So would the mechanic be using pre made chips and installing them into the computer, or is there some sort of specific software used on a laptop or something.

What my tight arse is getting at is, can I give it a go to tune the majority of it myself? $150 bucks sounds good!

Thanks for the info

SupraPete
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: WTB: Aftermarket ECU 1G GTE Wed, 13 November 2002 04:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah all the sensors etc.

It will need a lot of tuning for that engine. the Camira runs 4AGs well enough, but not 6cyl engines. Don't think you could do it yourself sorry.

and yeah, laptop tuning etc.
RA28
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: WTB: Aftermarket ECU 1G GTE Thu, 14 November 2002 14:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
If someone gets their delco tuned on a 1G then you should be able to copy the maps and burn them ontoother ECU's? I don't know too much on the Delco's but can you use a chip burner to change the maps?

For this sort of crap, check out www.diy-efi.com they have all sorts of info on the delco systems (you can even DL the rom images...which leads me to believe that you could easily make more 1G delco's if you had one...)

Tim.

Oops, www.diy-efi.org ...sorry...

[Updated on: Thu, 14 November 2002 14:31]

Assailant
Regular

"Cørønå ƒreåk"

May 2002

Re: WTB: Aftermarket ECU 1G GTE Fri, 15 November 2002 00:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
www.perfectrun.com.au

sell plug in aftermarket ECU.... they have the mines ECU and also a greddy version I believe

They are in Ashfield,

http://www.perfectrun.com.au/performance%20parts/c omputer/minescomputervxrom.htm

http://www.perfectrun.com.au/performance%20parts/c omputer/greddyemanage.htm
1G-GTEFreAk
Regular

November 2002

Re: WTB: Aftermarket ECU 1G GTE Fri, 15 November 2002 02:02 Go to previous message
hey I was wondering how do I begin upgrading a 1G-GTE?I would like to know whether or not an apexi N1 would be a good choice and the engine has a miss could it be caused by the fuel pump because the fuel pump is humming in the tank (unusually).Also would a 7M-GTE pump give any difference in performance Rolling Eyes
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Wanted 5-Speed gearbox for 4A-C
Next Topic:LSD wanted for '91 TT soarer
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Mon May 13 23:32:08 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0052449703216553 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.