Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Tech & Conversions » 4agte- mote,haltec,microtec?

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
go_the_datt
Regular

February 2005
4agte- mote,haltec,microtec? Tue, 08 February 2005 01:59 Go to next message
hey guys im building up a 4agte datto drag car and im just getting to thinking about ecu 's. i have a couple of must haves.
1. i want to run 2 state of tunes. ie one with like optimax for the strret with 2 stage boost (high low) and one tune with vp c16 fuel with high and low boost. (obviously higher boost than 1st tune.
2. i want to beable to switch these tunes as simply as possible. (hand controller,laptop, simple switch. prefer last option)
befor my motor gets rebuilt im just looking at 180 odd rwkw.
every shop i call recomends the product that they specialize in so just like an un biased opinion.
oh and ive budgeted on 3 - 4k installed and tuned.
just wondering what every body runs here and prefers.

cheers ben
  Send a private message to this user    
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: 4agte- mote,haltec,microtec? Tue, 08 February 2005 02:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
If you have a look around mate, ultimately any of the ECU's will do what you want and do it reliably. What you really need to do is find a tuner you're comfortable with, and go with what they recommend. Ultimately the ECU is only as good as it's tuning, and this usually gets the best results.
YelloRolla
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: 4agte- mote,haltec,microtec? Tue, 08 February 2005 02:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JCMF is correct. Get the info (from the suppliers), ask your tuner, make your decision - after all it is you that has to live with it.
CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: 4agte- mote,haltec,microtec? Tue, 08 February 2005 02:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
3-4k installed and tuned won't get a MoTeC.

Microtech will be about $2200
Haltech closer to 3k
You might get an Autronic done for under 4k.
sideshow
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: 4agte- mote,haltec,microtec? Tue, 08 February 2005 03:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
why do u want to run c16

most of the time yr wasting time playing with c16 unless u plan to run over 30psi

will your engine be able to stay together on 30 to 35 psi

c16 is also castenogenic however u spell it
so when u dyno it necareful and make sure room is ventilated

if u plan to run under 30psi avgas or octainbooster is ok

how often u goin to drag it

its a pain in the ass swappin fuels over and tunes over

all i used to run is octain booster then had a switch in the dash

when switch was off i ran 10 psi
when switch was on the boost controller ran 30 psi

if u have a low budget then i pressume the 4agte is nothing special i mean like be able to hold 35 psi

c16 is best of left for anything making over 400 kws
go_the_datt
Regular

February 2005
Re: 4agte- mote,haltec,microtec? Tue, 08 February 2005 03:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
by mid to end of year ill be getting the motor built. and will be pushing those numbers hopfully. so i just dont want to buy a system thatll only run 1 config as in 6 odd months id have to replace it again.
what tuners whould u guys recomend then in sydney area?
cswan
Regular

May 2002
Re: 4agte- mote,haltec,microtec? Tue, 08 February 2005 07:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CrUZsida wrote on Tue, 08 February 2005 13:47

3-4k installed and tuned won't get a MoTeC.

Microtech will be about $2200
Haltech closer to 3k
You might get an Autronic done for under 4k.

3-4K will get you a Motec. Try the M400. Less than $2500 I think. My M4 cost $2200 and $450 for dyno tuning. You can get a Motec loom for 4-500 I believe. Wire it yourself or pay someone to do it. (Or have an Auto Engineer as a brother!!!)

FWIW, have a good look at the specs you want. For example, I now find that my Motec M4 will not enable me to run secondary injector(s) with sequential injection. I'd have to go for group fire.

I've found the Motec brilliant and, yes, you can run as many different maps as you like, selectable through a laptop.

Other brands may be just fine - and cheaper - if you don't need all the features of Motecs.
fatmr2
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: 4agte- mote,haltec,microtec? Tue, 08 February 2005 08:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I have a 4agte that runs very close to 180rwkw and i use an autronic.
It runs 8psi or 20psi at a flick of a switch. My brother runs the same computer in his cappuccino and it has always run very well. And his car runs 30psi.

Im only recommending it cause in both cases my bro and i have never had any problems and i have seen first hand what these computers are capable of.

Good luck whichever way you go.
SprinterTRD
Newcomer

February 2004
Re: 4agte- mote,haltec,microtec? Tue, 08 February 2005 10:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
An M4 now sells for less that $2000
improvedae86
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: 4agte- mote,haltec,microtec? Tue, 08 February 2005 11:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
My this thread is getting very biased Laughing

I wonder if its got to do with aftermarket engine management company staff posting here ? Must send the link to the competition Laughing

I will hopefully see you both at the Dyno Day with your megasqurt systems tuned with a calculator Laughing

Link is here : http://forums.toymods.org.au/index.php?t=msg&t h=57268&start=0&rid=1935&S=efc9f4516d7 258b2f65b92dbbcf8fc5f

Yes you are both enter Smile you might find the software interesting as well as cylinder ironisation performed with a commodore 64 chipped Shocked Don't worry about it being at **tronic dyno {must be a swear word here :D}.

As far as that **tronic brand its normally $4500-5000 installed tuned etc .

TA22-3SGTE
Regular

May 2002
Re: 4agte- mote,haltec,microtec? Tue, 08 February 2005 12:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ring Adam at JEM he fits and tunes all brands , He has a 4AGTE and has tuned it to pump out 270 RWKW .

Trevor
sideshow
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: 4agte- mote,haltec,microtec? Tue, 08 February 2005 20:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i can supply and fit an autronic
bottom of the line model for around 3000

SLY16V
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: 4agte- mote,haltec,microtec? Wed, 09 February 2005 01:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
haltech all the way mate, and get adam to tune it at JEM.

cheers
go_the_datt
Regular

February 2005
Re: 4agte- mote,haltec,microtec? Wed, 09 February 2005 02:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
could i have the no. for JEM? and also its location.
cheers guys ben
YelloRolla
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: 4agte- mote,haltec,microtec? Wed, 09 February 2005 02:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
www.whitepages.com.au
go_the_datt
Regular

February 2005
Re: 4agte- mote,haltec,microtec? Wed, 09 February 2005 02:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
no offence mate but why dont you go and type in jem in the white pages cause i already tried that b4 i posted.
thats why i asked if any1 knew the ph. no. OR the location.
if you didnt know why waste a post?
cheers
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: 4agte- mote,haltec,microtec? Wed, 09 February 2005 02:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Your Search: just engine management , new south wales, metropolitan area, business/government.
Results 1 - 1 of 1 listings found
Name & Location Contact More Info Map

Just Engine Management

U 3/ 10 Helles Ave Moorebank 2170
(02) 9600 6567
go_the_datt
Regular

February 2005
Re: 4agte- mote,haltec,microtec? Wed, 09 February 2005 03:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thanks alot mate. got it now.
cheers ben
YelloRolla
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: 4agte- mote,haltec,microtec? Wed, 09 February 2005 03:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cool - it looked like you were expecting someone else to look it up for you.

I know that they are located in Moorebank NSW. Adam has used the forums before his user handle is JEM. I will see if there is any contact details in his sig.

edit/ too slow.

[Updated on: Wed, 09 February 2005 03:03]

*rivmasta*
Occasional Poster

March 2003
Re: 4agte- mote,haltec,microtec? Thu, 10 February 2005 01:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dude,

did you stop to consider EMS? They're in wetherill park, good units not sure of cost brand new, we paid 1K for ours 2nd hand. Anyway, much less than MoTeC. Comes with hand control (for on the run) and laptop software (for dyno). Loom is $150 and they are really, really helpfull if you've got any dumb questions. We walked in and got a base setup dropped in ours at no cost to fire her up - turned over on the first press of the starter. Good manuals too.

Offroaders almost always only ever use MoTeC or EMS.

And yeah, you can put in 2 different setups, easily switched with the hand control.

Actually, almost everyone with 4ag's (20v, 16v, ZE) uses them instead of motec.

downside - no logging, but ive heard they're working on it. Might be worth a look while you're researching.
Riv.
go_the_datt
Regular

February 2005
Re: 4agte- mote,haltec,microtec? Thu, 10 February 2005 07:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
"did you stop to consider EMS? They're in wetherill park"
EMS is the ecu brand , whos the installer and tuner in wetherill park? or is it EMS?lol Confused
been talking to a shop and i think i may go with him anyway as he seems interested in my project but the more people i talk to the better.
cheers
*rivmasta*
Occasional Poster

March 2003
Re: 4agte- mote,haltec,microtec? Thu, 10 February 2005 22:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rigoli's will install and dyno... but you're looking at some bucks to do it... we bought the loom and did it ourselves - fairly simple as long as you're carefull.

we even did the first dyno ourselves in the gargage! Jacked the car up and sat it on tyres, stuffed the gas anayliser up the exhaust, stuffed it in 2nd gear and used the steering brakes (individually brakes each rear wheel) to put it under load. Had no choice - the first run of the season was the next day.

We finished 2nd outright too! when the car got dyno'd properly a week or so later it had a huge hole at 3k... but it got us on track!

have fun mate - its all good!
Twinky
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: 4agte- mote,haltec,microtec? Fri, 11 February 2005 01:44 Go to previous message
http://www.justenginemanagement.com/JEM_LG.jpg Unit 3, 10 Helles Ave
Moorebank
NSW, 2170
0415111644 or (02) 9600 6567

Tell him Johnny Sent ya Smile
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:4ac to 4age- must it be engineered in QLD?
Next Topic:2JZGTE VVTi wiring diagrams?
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sat Apr 27 22:55:51 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0059340000152588 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.