Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Masschino
Occasional Poster

April 2004
Black Jet 89 MA70 Supra Turbo-R Tue, 01 February 2005 10:01 Go to next message
UPDATE: see my posts below for pictures!

Hi All,

after much hefty debate i've decided to sell the other love of my life, my jet black Supra.

My reasons for sale are genuine - i need a car i can drive daily and not feel guilty. This is one fine example of a Supra but simply does not fulfil my needs as a daily driver.

It is a recent import from Japan (5 Months ago). I will list the specifications and mods below.

The interior needs a little lovin, mainly the original floor mats need a good clean, handbrake cover is warn, gearboot warn..nothing major or expensive.

Car runs and drives like a dream, no expense has been spared to keep this car Mech A1.

Price is 14K negotiable.

Pictures will be emailed on request!!!!!!!!! for some reason i can't upload them its freezing on me!

Can be contacted on 0401227838 or on mflentjar@aavregency.com.au

Cheers!

-------------------------------------------------- ------

CAR DETAILS:
1989 Toyota Supra Aero-Top MA70
Jet Black
5 Speed Manual
133,000 KMS
7MGTE ENGINE
BRS 17inch Wheels (approx 80% left on rears - more on the fronts)
Black Leather Interior (in good condition for its age)
TRD LSD
Digital Dash

MODIFICATIONS:

ENGINE:
TRUST TD05 Turbine
HKS Metal Head Gasket
AFTERMARKET (unknown brand) Head bolts (possibly ARP not sure)
HKS FCON V-PRO Engine Management System
3 inch Exhaust (turbo back) to 4inch outlet
Custom Air Box to Cold Air Intake Pipe
LEXUS Air Flow Meter
550CC Injectors
Front Mount Intercooler
GREDDY boost controller (mounted in engine bay)

GEARBOX/DRIVE TRAIN:

HKS Twin Plate Heavy Duty Clutch

SUSPENSION:

Unknown (haven't looked) aftermarket height adjustable suspension
Cusco Rear Sway Bar
Unknown aftermarket Front Swaybar

INTERIOR:

APEXi EL BOOST GUAGE
OIL/WATER Temp Guages
Exhaust Vacuum & Temp Guages
Aftermarket Steeringwheel (padded)
Aftermarket Gearknob
CD PLAYER

EXTERIOR:

Factory Turbo A Body Kit
Hood Latches
4 inch Exhaust

-------------------------------------------------- --------

PRICE: 14K neg

[Updated on: Sun, 06 February 2005 10:38]

Send a private message to this user    
Kyosho
Regular

November 2004
Re: Black Jet 89 MA70 Supra Turbo-R Wed, 02 February 2005 07:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Good luck with the sale mate...

[Updated on: Sun, 06 February 2005 06:32]

Masschino
Occasional Poster

April 2004
Re: Black Jet 89 MA70 Supra Turbo-R Wed, 02 February 2005 09:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey - thanks for that one. Ive never seen a "nice" supra available for import under the 15 year rule for much less than 9 grand.

maybe your perception of nice and mine differs.

Up for sale people, is a car you can actually view and test drive to see the condition for yourself.

Spend 5g on importing a supra and i can assure you you'll soon be spending 5g on fixing it.

Here's something thats quick, gorgeous & hassle free.

you decide.
Kyosho
Regular

November 2004
Re: Black Jet 89 MA70 Supra Turbo-R Wed, 02 February 2005 09:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message

[Updated on: Sun, 06 February 2005 06:52]

Masschino
Occasional Poster

April 2004
Re: Black Jet 89 MA70 Supra Turbo-R Wed, 02 February 2005 10:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
perhaps with people like you around, selling to an enthusiast from toy mods....the very place where i sourced and bought this car...might not be an option.

Mainstream market is is then.

ciao
Kyosho
Regular

November 2004
Re: Black Jet 89 MA70 Supra Turbo-R Wed, 02 February 2005 10:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message

[Updated on: Sun, 06 February 2005 06:56]

Masschino
Occasional Poster

April 2004
Re: Black Jet 89 MA70 Supra Turbo-R Wed, 02 February 2005 10:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yes - from an importer who uses these forums.
Driftspec
Regular

November 2003
Re: Black Jet 89 MA70 Supra Turbo-R Wed, 02 February 2005 12:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Seriously Kyosho the guy is selling his car, there is no need for all the bull$#it... just let him sell his car in peace without being flamed for it.

Mods should maybe clean this post up?
AE82TwinCam
Regular

May 2002
Re: Black Jet 89 MA70 Supra Turbo-R Wed, 02 February 2005 23:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I've seen the pics of this car, it is very very nice and definately worth that type of money.

I'll reply to your e-mail tonight mate.

-Andrew
Masschino
Occasional Poster

April 2004
Re: Black Jet 89 MA70 Supra Turbo-R Thu, 03 February 2005 10:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
im going see if i can attach some pics now.

Attachment: DSCF0425.JPG
(Size: 47.00KB, Downloaded 433 time(s))
Attachment: DSCF0426.JPG
(Size: 37.06KB, Downloaded 340 time(s))
Attachment: DSCF0431.JPG
(Size: 45.82KB, Downloaded 290 time(s))

mk27m
Regular

November 2003
Re: Black Jet 89 MA70 Supra Turbo-R Thu, 03 February 2005 12:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'm interested but i'm more looking in the $7-10K range - I could probably afford $11k at a push if you were willing drop such a significant amount.

Drew.
Allan
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Black Jet 89 MA70 Supra Turbo-R Thu, 03 February 2005 13:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Shocked Shocked Shocked

Yummy!!!
Lambolica
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: Black Jet 89 MA70 Supra Turbo-R Thu, 03 February 2005 22:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Black - Manual - Aero Top You'll be hard pushed to find one under $10K

Would this be a GT-Limited I haven't come across the "R"

would you concider taking over the lease On a Ute?? Rolling Eyes
No.... Seriously....
domasik
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Black Jet 89 MA70 Supra Turbo-R Fri, 04 February 2005 01:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hes correct and the turbo r versions had even more stuff on them and were a much better car. the engine had work done to it to fix the unreliability problem and i think they had a better LSD too. also manaul and aero is almost impossible to find. ask steve he searched for ages and couldnt find nething.
Driftspec
Regular

November 2003
Re: Black Jet 89 MA70 Supra Turbo-R Fri, 04 February 2005 01:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ok lets clear this up,

I did not comment on the title previously as it is probably just a typo.

I'd say the car is a Turbo-A, considering he mentions a Turbo-A factory kit,do a search you will find out more info.

Price tag is right if it is a Turbo-A

The Turbo-R is just a different model of the JZA70, the JZA70 had a 1JZ-GTE.
Lambolica
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: Black Jet 89 MA70 Supra Turbo-R Fri, 04 February 2005 02:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yup Turbo-A makes much more sense.

Damn... Grow little money tree... GROW!!

Exactly what I'm after. Mad

RobST162
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: Black Jet 89 MA70 Supra Turbo-R Fri, 04 February 2005 02:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
AAAAHHHHH IT'S SO NICE!

not fair not fair! aerotop.. manual.... fixed HG.. my money tree will have a race with yours lambo Wink
Lambolica
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: Black Jet 89 MA70 Supra Turbo-R Fri, 04 February 2005 02:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
My money tree is growing in soil transported from God's Country. Cool

Unfortunatly the missus keeps harvesting the crop early... Crying or Very Sad
RobST162
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: Black Jet 89 MA70 Supra Turbo-R Fri, 04 February 2005 02:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
HAHAHAH well that leaves Mr. Single in good stead, the only thing stopping me now is the 5K GT-Four on eBay Very Happy
Masschino
Occasional Poster

April 2004
Re: Black Jet 89 MA70 Supra Turbo-R Fri, 04 February 2005 11:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nope - the badge on the back definately says Turbo-R...could be a mistake by toyota who knows?!

[Updated on: Fri, 04 February 2005 11:57]

Masschino
Occasional Poster

April 2004
Re: Black Jet 89 MA70 Supra Turbo-R Fri, 04 February 2005 11:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mk27m wrote on Thu, 03 February 2005 23:36

I'm interested but i'm more looking in the $7-10K range - I could probably afford $11k at a push if you were willing drop such a significant amount.

Drew.

Sorry - not willing to part with her for that much, cheers for the offer but!
DeViL rOlLa
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Black Jet 89 MA70 Supra Turbo-R Fri, 04 February 2005 13:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yes, steve, ie me, looked long and had for a digi dash aero manual, rare shit, i had to settle for a jza70 that was and is off its nuts, oh well, c y'all on the black stuff !!!!
Toml
Regular

March 2004
Re: Black Jet 89 MA70 Supra Turbo-R Sat, 05 February 2005 05:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I might be interested for $11.5k -> $12k ish?

Got any more pics (close up of engine bay, interior, etc) to entice me to spend more on it? Razz
mk27m
Regular

November 2003
Re: Black Jet 89 MA70 Supra Turbo-R Sat, 05 February 2005 08:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
What's the lowest you'd go? i'm definity interested - i just have to organise a personal loan thats all - the higher the loan, the less chance i'll get it.

Drew.
Garage_KooK
Regular

November 2004
Re: Black Jet 89 MA70 Supra Turbo-R Sat, 05 February 2005 11:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sic ride mate, good luck with the sale
-=DV=-
Regular

May 2004
Re: Black Jet 89 MA70 Supra Turbo-R Sat, 05 February 2005 12:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
RobST162 wrote on Fri, 04 February 2005 13:38

HAHAHAH well that leaves Mr. Single in good stead, the only thing stopping me now is the 5K GT-Four on eBay Very Happy

lol ive been through hell and high water getting finance for that gtfour my freshly rebuilt 88sx threw a piston on the way home from looking at it...leaving me without a car for tafe........buy it and ill put all sorts of voodoo curses and shit on you....then come after you...lol Smile
Masschino
Occasional Poster

April 2004
Re: Black Jet 89 MA70 Supra Turbo-R Sun, 06 February 2005 03:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
in all probability i'd take 13k FIRM to ensure a real enthusiast like yourself takes her over.

has like 10 months rego left on it too.
mk27m
Regular

November 2003
Re: Black Jet 89 MA70 Supra Turbo-R Sun, 06 February 2005 09:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
PM sent
jimtron4000
Regular

January 2005
Re: Black Jet 89 MA70 Supra Turbo-R Mon, 07 February 2005 07:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Do you know what power this car is making? Where abouts in Melbourne are you?
Masschino
Occasional Poster

April 2004
Re: Black Jet 89 MA70 Supra Turbo-R Mon, 07 February 2005 07:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i'd estimate that she's making a good 210rwkw possibly more.

thats at 1 bar aswell, which isnt even tickling this turbo, nor is it tickling the engine, and we all know how tough r154 gear boxes are.
Masschino
Occasional Poster

April 2004
Re: Black Jet 89 MA70 Supra Turbo-R Mon, 07 February 2005 07:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
oh - i'm in SE Suburbs of melbourne by the way,

straight down the M1 to Narre Warren
HKS_TRD
Regular

September 2002
Re: Black Jet 89 MA70 Supra Turbo-R Mon, 07 February 2005 08:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Drew,
that car looks very similar to mine, would be good to have them side by side at a cruise! And another 5sp aero is it a factory 5sp? Not accusing just asking because I know of only one other factory 5sp aero in SA

[Updated on: Mon, 07 February 2005 08:24]

mk27m
Regular

November 2003
Re: Black Jet 89 MA70 Supra Turbo-R Mon, 07 February 2005 12:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah it'd be interesting wouldn't it? People would think they were seeing double hey. It'd be good to get it - i've applied for a personal loan today so i'll find out tomorrow. By the way, what's your name HKS TRD, i can remember your face and your car but not your name??? Embarassed

Drew.
jimtron4000
Regular

January 2005
Re: Black Jet 89 MA70 Supra Turbo-R Tue, 08 February 2005 07:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Do you have any more pics? Is the engine management programable?
HKS_TRD
Regular

September 2002
Re: Black Jet 89 MA70 Supra Turbo-R Tue, 08 February 2005 09:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Drew my name is Daniel but most people call me Danny or Dan. As you can probably guess if you end up getting the car I'd love to check it out. Hoping to have mine finished soon....
Masschino
Occasional Poster

April 2004
Re: Black Jet 89 MA70 Supra Turbo-R Tue, 08 February 2005 09:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Guys,

thanks for all the interest and replies, the car is now sold
mk27m
Regular

November 2003
Re: Black Jet 89 MA70 Supra Turbo-R Tue, 08 February 2005 10:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
No worries dan, i got the loan and i'm flying to melbourne on the weekend to pick the car up and drive it back, we'll have to organise to go for a cruise sometime.

Drew.
Toml
Regular

March 2004
Re: Black Jet 89 MA70 Supra Turbo-R Tue, 08 February 2005 11:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks anyway Masschino.

Drew: If its not a problem, would you be able to tell me which bank would lend you money for a 15yr old import? Mine wouldn't. Razz

Thanks,

Tom.
Driftspec
Regular

November 2003
Re: Black Jet 89 MA70 Supra Turbo-R Tue, 08 February 2005 11:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Like Dan I am keen to see this car aswell , it looks asesome, Congrats on the purchase!. A cruse sounds like a great idea.

Rob
mk27m
Regular

November 2003
Re: Black Jet 89 MA70 Supra Turbo-R Tue, 08 February 2005 11:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
No worries tom, it's with Adelaide Bank - but it's a personal loan not a car loan - ie: the loan's not secured against the car but you pay a bit higher interest rate. I already had a personal loan with them that i basicly refinanced for the extra money. Adelaide bank has an age limit of 12 years for car loans anyway so i wouldn't have been able to get a car loan.

Drew.

PS: rob, dan, i'll put a post about a cruise sometime in the SA section after i get back with the car next week.

[Updated on: Tue, 08 February 2005 11:25]

Toml
Regular

March 2004
Re: Black Jet 89 MA70 Supra Turbo-R Tue, 08 February 2005 11:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ahh.. right. Thanks. Smile
Better head back over to my bank and make it clear that I want a personal loan, NOT a car loan. Wink

Cheers and good luck with the car, you're going to have to show me it some time.. I was close to buying it. Smile

Tom
Shraka
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Black Jet 89 MA70 Supra Turbo-R Tue, 08 February 2005 13:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Oh... this one gone too? Sad
Kyosho
Regular

November 2004
Re: Black Jet 89 MA70 Supra Turbo-R Wed, 09 February 2005 05:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Shraka wrote on Wed, 09 February 2005 00:18

Oh... this one gone too? Sad

It hasn't gone yet I don't think Shraka...
Driftspec
Regular

November 2003
Re: Black Jet 89 MA70 Supra Turbo-R Wed, 09 February 2005 05:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mk27m wrote on Tue, 08 February 2005 21:54

No worries dan, i got the loan and i'm flying to melbourne on the weekend to pick the car up and drive it back, we'll have to organise to go for a cruise sometime.

Drew.

I beg to differ Kyosho Rolling Eyes

Kyosho
Regular

November 2004
Re: Black Jet 89 MA70 Supra Turbo-R Wed, 09 February 2005 05:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Driftspec wrote on Wed, 09 February 2005 16:14

mk27m wrote on Tue, 08 February 2005 21:54

Drew.

I beg to differ Kyosho Rolling Eyes

I hadn't seen that... Sorry
Driftspec
Regular

November 2003
Re: Black Jet 89 MA70 Supra Turbo-R Wed, 09 February 2005 09:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
No Message Body

[Updated on: Thu, 22 September 2005 06:19]

Masschino
Occasional Poster

April 2004
Re: Black Jet 89 MA70 Supra Turbo-R Wed, 09 February 2005 10:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
turbo-a front bars look tough..

it will be a shame to see her go so as a momento i'm having a photographer take some professional stills before i pass her on.

Loved this car so much - wish i could afford to keep it
Driftspec
Regular

November 2003
Re: Black Jet 89 MA70 Supra Turbo-R Wed, 09 February 2005 10:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yep it is an awesome car mate,

Don't worry there are plenty more opportunity's out there, when I sold my R33 I thought it was the end of the world... but then circumstances changed again and I purchsed what I have now and have never looked back Smile
mk27m
Regular

November 2003
Re: Black Jet 89 MA70 Supra Turbo-R Wed, 09 February 2005 11:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah can't wait to get over there now, just a question we were wondering what happens with the existing rego on the car as it's being trasfered interstate? It's still got 10 months left on it so does one of us qualify for a refund for the unused portion once it's changed to SA rego?

Cheers,

Drew.
Driftspec
Regular

November 2003
Re: Black Jet 89 MA70 Supra Turbo-R Wed, 09 February 2005 11:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah not to sure mate, mine had 3 months on it but it was SA registered so I just paid the stamp duty to change names over and rego continued per normal.

Interstate transfer's I am not sure on, give Transport SA a call they will tell you in a second Smile
Shraka
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Black Jet 89 MA70 Supra Turbo-R Wed, 09 February 2005 11:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
... How much did he offer you for it? Razz Wink Naw J/K, nice purchase.
HKS_TRD
Regular

September 2002
Re: Black Jet 89 MA70 Supra Turbo-R Thu, 10 February 2005 08:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
It is definately one nice piece of machinery but it is not a Turbo-A. My car has that same vent on the front also. Turbo-A had analog dash and hardtop only. As far as interstage rego, Drew I bought my car from WA and when I transferred the rego across I got a refund IIRC for the balance. Congrats on the purchase cant wait to check it out, and I am sure you cant wait to put the pedal to the metal in it! Does this mean the MK2 is for sale??

[Updated on: Thu, 10 February 2005 08:58]

mk27m
Regular

November 2003
Re: Black Jet 89 MA70 Supra Turbo-R Thu, 10 February 2005 09:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
oooooooh yeah can't wait dan, yeah the MKII is for sale - $5000 ono, will put a post up when i get back.

Drew.
HKS_TRD
Regular

September 2002
Re: Black Jet 89 MA70 Supra Turbo-R Thu, 10 February 2005 10:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
When are you anticipating making it back to Adelaide?
Masschino
Occasional Poster

April 2004
Re: Black Jet 89 MA70 Supra Turbo-R Sat, 12 February 2005 08:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
in all probability,

if the Turbo-R came out in 91 JZA80's then it might seem that the shell is from a jza80, the engine is a transplanted 7MGTE with bolt on / tuning mods with a Turbo-A body kit.

can anyone say frankenstein?
HKS_TRD
Regular

September 2002
Re: Black Jet 89 MA70 Supra Turbo-R Sun, 13 February 2005 04:37 Go to previous message
I reckon we will be able to work it out once we eyeball the car. I imagine Drew is on the way back to Adelaide as we speak
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:fs: 87 Celica ST162 - Perth
Next Topic:wtd: cheap ke20 runabout in sydney
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 12:34:09 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0087039470672607 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.