Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Tech & Conversions » Carbon Fibre dash For AE86..want one???

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Kurt.R
Regular

February 2005
Carbon Fibre dash For AE86..want one??? Mon, 07 February 2005 10:42 Go to next message
Hey,
I'm getting a new dash for my sprinter made from Carbon fibre. It will be the black plastic part around the gauge cluster including the air vents and light controls.
Since the guys will have the mold ready to go it should be cheaper to get another one made after mine. I was just wondering if any one would be interested in one of these?
It would be a complete replacement not just a slip on cover and shouldn't be more than a few hundred dollars for a professional job.
post what you think.
  Send a private message to this user    
shinybluesteel
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

June 2002
Re: Carbon Fibre dash For AE86..want one??? Mon, 07 February 2005 23:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
how much exactly?
Dirty_Sanchez
Regular

January 2004

Re: Carbon Fibre dash For AE86..want one??? Mon, 07 February 2005 23:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
keen! how much?
pr1nce
Regular

April 2004
Re: Carbon Fibre dash For AE86..want one??? Tue, 08 February 2005 01:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
so a complete dash?
i'm showing some interest here
bubbles
Forums Junkie

Banned user

March 2004
Re: Carbon Fibre dash For AE86..want one??? Tue, 08 February 2005 04:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
here too
BUT pics before cash
improvedae86
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: Carbon Fibre dash For AE86..want one??? Tue, 08 February 2005 05:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
How about making one with say a 2" gauge mount in the internal , top right or left corner . For all the turbo / sc people , or a oil pressure guage etc .

I am sick of console mounted gauges , and mounted above the dash face isn't legal . So apart from removing the air vents which come in handy or placing a gauge on top of the steering column surround would be the only other place .

A pic of dash here :
http://www.pbase.com/ae86sr20det2005/image/3821469 7/original

I dont have a original dash pic ! Does someone have one ?

pr1nce
Regular

April 2004
Re: Carbon Fibre dash For AE86..want one??? Tue, 08 February 2005 06:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
make sure this dash will be strong and WON'T CRACK
shinybluesteel
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

June 2002
Re: Carbon Fibre dash For AE86..want one??? Tue, 08 February 2005 12:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
if you read his post, it is fairly clear (IMO) that the replacement part is just the black plastic bit that surrounds the instrament cluster, so the real point is making it so it doesnt bend and warp in the sun.

[Updated on: Tue, 08 February 2005 12:54]

Kurt.R
Regular

February 2005
Re: Carbon Fibre dash For AE86..want one??? Thu, 10 February 2005 04:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey guy's,
The guy's who i originally wanted to make my dash for me are heaps busy so they put it in their too hard basket.
I'll keep looking round cause i need a new dash due to thieving pricks ripping a tacho out of mine and breaking it.
FKN16V
Forums Junkie

July 2003
Re: Carbon Fibre dash For AE86..want one??? Thu, 10 February 2005 06:45 Go to previous message
improvedae86 wrote on Tue, 08 February 2005 16:09

How about making one with say a 2" gauge mount in the internal , top right or left corner . For all the turbo / sc people , or a oil pressure guage etc .

I am sick of console mounted gauges , and mounted above the dash face isn't legal . So apart from removing the air vents which come in handy or placing a gauge on top of the steering column surround would be the only other place .

A pic of dash here :
http://www.pbase.com/ae86sr20det2005/image/3821469 7/original

I dont have a original dash pic ! Does someone have one ?

Love the cluster, give us a bit of info on it, what its off, was it hard, part needed, but if you dont wanna share thats cool.

Cheers

Steve
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:fitting charcoal canister on 4age
Next Topic:TOYOTA 4AGTE Engine builders [Vic]
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Mon Apr 29 17:35:30 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.004741907119751 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.