Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Tech & Conversions » KE70 Body Kit.....86???

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
valandor
Regular

December 2003

KE70 Body Kit.....86??? Tue, 08 February 2005 12:48 Go to next message
hey there guys.

i have a 84 rolla ke70 and i was wondering if a body kit of a 86 will fit at all??

i have been looking on the net and i have found a body kit for the ke70 i would love to get but i cant find out what it is or where to get it. also i had to reformat pc since then so i lost the addy where i got the pics from

i can put pics up if ppl want

so yeah..

anyone know of a kit for ke ke70 or if a 86 kit will fit and if not any car kits that will fit?

Cheers
  Send a private message to this user    
berad
Forums Junkie

December 2004
Re: KE70 Body Kit.....86??? Wed, 09 February 2005 05:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
best bet would be ssv.com dunno if they will have it though
z|gen
Regular

June 2004
Re: KE70 Body Kit.....86??? Wed, 09 February 2005 05:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
easiest thing to do is measure up your car, then ask someone with an ae86 if they can measure up theres..
i know that ae86 front strut bars fit onto ke70s, so i would assume the bodykits would.
valandor
Regular

December 2003

Re: KE70 Body Kit.....86??? Wed, 09 February 2005 06:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well that was my thinking as well because i know that pretty much anything from a 86 such as drive lien and stuff will srop straight in also so i assumed body ktis would too but jsut wanted to check what others thaught
oldcorollas
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: KE70 Body Kit.....86??? Wed, 09 February 2005 06:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
z|gen wrote on Wed, 09 February 2005 16:58

i know that ae86 front strut bars fit onto ke70s, so i would assume the bodykits would.

i fail to see the correlation...

it's like saying, the steering columns are the same, so the boot spoiler should fit...

if the PANELS are the SAME, the bodykits will fit.
if not, they won't.
z|gen
Regular

June 2004
Re: KE70 Body Kit.....86??? Wed, 09 February 2005 08:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i didnt mean it in that sense oldcorollas, i meant it more as, when i used to have it on my old ke70 wagon, the strut bar i used was a non adjustable, so in that sense the width between the strut towers is the same, so a good chance is the front guards are.
if you are unsure, go down to a local bodykit suppiler and get them to test fit a kit for an ae86 on your car, but anything can be made to fit with a bit of fibreglass and modification.
oldcorollas
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: KE70 Body Kit.....86??? Wed, 09 February 2005 08:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ahh k, i see what you mean Wink

heh heh, there's no substitute for getting off the computer, getting your arse into gear, and actually trying it Very Happy heh heh

Cya, Stewart
valandor
Regular

December 2003

Re: KE70 Body Kit.....86??? Wed, 09 February 2005 10:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah i know it wouldnt be hard to do a test fit. only thing is i didnt want to get there and them to laugh at me for such a stoopid idea if it had no way of fitting... but eh.

what can you do... il organise a test fit.

cheers for the help guys
mrshin
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: KE70 Body Kit.....86??? Wed, 09 February 2005 12:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well.. the panels/shape are completely different - so you WILL generate a few laughs if you try it!
Gr33nM0nk3y
Regular

September 2004
Re: KE70 Body Kit.....86??? Thu, 10 February 2005 03:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
closest thing ive worked out re trying to fit a 86 kit to a 70.. instructions go something like:
its kinda long winded...
go find 86 wreck, take the front end, panels lights yadda yadda yadda get a 9inch.. or 4inch and cut the bit the quater panels bolt to on the side of the engine bay (where it bolts at the top).. cut the same bit off your car. weld in 86 bit, keep cutting.. cut the radiator support/light surround.. change over / redrill bumper support, cut the 70's quater panel on the top left (where it runs flush with the windscreen and then cut same place on 86 panel, weld 70 offcut onto 86 panel(s)
after you done that, massage them all into place with a small hammer and tin snips if need be..
some zip ties may come in handy..

then just bolt your kit on.

simple Laughing

ill show you the way when i get bored in a couple of months..

oh, and still after you do all that, im pretty sure you`ll need to push the bonnet up a little using washers, if my memory serves me right the angle the guards/bonnet are on are on too much of a angle to clear a 4a properly in a 70, but i could be wrong on that..

hardest thing is to find a 86 wreck. see clint..

-bc
mrshin
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: KE70 Body Kit.....86??? Thu, 10 February 2005 09:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The ultimate KE70 dorifto kit:

http://www.drivesharp.org.au/shagged%20ke70%201.jpg
http://www.drivesharp.org.au/shagged%20ke70%202.jpg
http://www.drivesharp.org.au/shagged%20ke70%203.jpg
http://www.drivesharp.org.au/shagged%20ke70%204.jpg
valandor
Regular

December 2003

Re: KE70 Body Kit.....86??? Thu, 10 February 2005 12:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thats it thats the look im going for.. lol

gr33nmonkey. does that mean your writing a tut sort of thing?? what youve done is a great help cheers os far and a tut would be awesome

[Updated on: Thu, 10 February 2005 12:49]

Phrostbyte
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

April 2004
Re: KE70 Body Kit.....86??? Thu, 10 February 2005 14:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i'd like to know this type of thing too Razz

although im working on a way to straight up mount sprinter bumpers on my ke70 by doing a bit of angle grinding, bit of welding of bumper supports and then just chucking them on... Still would be nice to do it really nicely, especially with sprinter lights Smile
Kr0n1k
Occasional Poster

February 2005
Re: KE70 Body Kit.....86??? Thu, 10 February 2005 15:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
try this site...

www.jetspeed.com.au

valandor
Regular

December 2003

Re: KE70 Body Kit.....86??? Fri, 11 February 2005 00:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well does anyone know if an ae82 body kit will fit. after all it look like they have a more simalr shap about them at the front
Phrostbyte
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

April 2004
Re: KE70 Body Kit.....86??? Fri, 11 February 2005 05:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ive tried, very very very close shape, but the bumper supports would still need modification so I am still deciding between going ae82 or ae86...
valandor
Regular

December 2003

Re: KE70 Body Kit.....86??? Fri, 11 February 2005 05:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
so modify the supports and should be ok?
hmmm interesting.
Phrostbyte
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

April 2004
Re: KE70 Body Kit.....86??? Fri, 11 February 2005 09:25 Go to previous message
yeah but if not done by a licenced welder, u'll never get engineering for an engine conversion, good idea to do the engine conversion first and get it engineered, then do the bumper mod... either that or get a licenced welder to do it, which would cost heaps...
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:removing ae92 radio?
Next Topic:20v engineering
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Tue Apr 16 23:48:23 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0081970691680908 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.