Toymods » Tech & Conversions » fitting charcoal canister on 4age

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
SirLyndon
Occasional Poster

December 2004
fitting charcoal canister on 4age Wed, 09 February 2005 07:46 Go to next message
just got my new hachi, and all that needs to be done for rwc is fix leaking catch can (fixed) and fitting of charcoal canister...

The only problem is is that it no longer uses an efi setup, replaced by two 45mm webers.. i have NO idea how to fit this, and i dont particularly want to take it to mechanic and pay money to fix a part that is going to be ripped off in a day or two anyway Sad

any help (pictures would help wonders too) is greatly appreciated Smile

cheers Smile
Lyndon.
  Send a private message to this user    
FKN16V
Forums Junkie

July 2003
Re: fitting charcoal canister on 4age Wed, 09 February 2005 09:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Although you arent using efi a charcol canister must still be used for legal reasons, there should be a vapour line from your fuel tank, find it, follow it to the engine bay, secure a charcol canister and run a line to a empty slot on you webbers.

Couldnt be simpler really, hardest thing will be finding vapour line and spot on the webbers.

If you have no luck here, try on the http://www.club4ag.com/ forums.

Cheers

Steve
SirLyndon
Occasional Poster

December 2004
Re: fitting charcoal canister on 4age Wed, 09 February 2005 19:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thanks Steve! Smile
thats the problem im going to have Sad ive been told (although havent searched throughly) that there is no provision for such line on the webers... gonna have a look when i wake up this arvo and if not, send it to the place i got the rwc inspection done and let them have a crack at it..

also.. on this canister there is 3 nozzles... whats the bloody third fucker for? Very Happy

once again, cheers!

Lyndon.

[Updated on: Wed, 09 February 2005 19:44]

FKN16V
Forums Junkie

July 2003
Re: fitting charcoal canister on 4age Thu, 10 February 2005 06:50 Go to previous message
SirLyndon wrote on Thu, 10 February 2005 06:43

thanks Steve! Smile
thats the problem im going to have Sad ive been told (although havent searched throughly) that there is no provision for such line on the webers... gonna have a look when i wake up this arvo and if not, send it to the place i got the rwc inspection done and let them have a crack at it..

also.. on this canister there is 3 nozzles... whats the bloody third fucker for? Very Happy

once again, cheers!

Lyndon.

"The 3rd nozzle" i have no idea, maybe you need to adapt a small metal pipe (nozzle) to the webbers somehow and run your line there, time to crack open the old tig welder me thinks.

Cheers

Steve
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:4age 20v black top
Next Topic:Carbon Fibre dash For AE86..want one???
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sat Apr 20 01:49:51 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0034339427947998 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.