Toymods » Members Rides » My Rare As F**K EP71 Starlet Turbo S

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
IronWanker
Occasional Poster

December 2004
My Rare As F**K EP71 Starlet Turbo S Tue, 08 February 2005 15:17 Go to next message
Well, there's all of about 3 of these in WA (Saw another one today) and with the demise of the 15 year rule it looks like that's the way it's going to stay.

Mods:

KYB shock absorbers make this car the best handling vehicle I've driven (and I used to build minis) with RS*R drop springs bringing her closer to the tarmac.

A TRUST stainless steel cat back exhaust, while extremely quiet, keeps the restriction to a minimum.

A HKS turbo timer keeps the stock ceramic turbo from melting into a pile of sludge after those hard runs

A set of "drift spec" japanese light rims drop the weight, with some lower profile tyres helping the handling along.

The factory boost controller has a dash mounted switch which allows the driver to select between 4 and 8 PSI, with a factory boost meter lighting up 8 little bars to remind me that the little CT12a is ready to go at about 2500 rpm.

All in all this car is a hoot, I've had it for about a month now and it's still shown no sign of understeer, although it's going to need a new clutch in the near future.

Planned mods: This year: Dump pipe, shielded POD. Possibly SAFC2 piggy back fuel computer, more boost, or:

Next year: complete ECU (Microtech Autronics or Apexi)
Rising rate fuel pressure regulator, bit more boost.

After that: Considering a swap from the current 2E-TELU to the newer twin cam 16V 4EFTE from the later starlets, complete with a T28 or 25 garett ball bearing turbo, forged pistons, rods, cams, whole shebang, looking at at least 250hp.

http://compass.zdlcomputing.com/rentabogan/starlet.jpg

[Updated on: Tue, 08 February 2005 15:22]

Send a private message to this user    
HyDrA
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: My Rare As F**K EP71 Starlet Turbo S Tue, 08 February 2005 23:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Very nice car there mate, it's definetly something i'd be proud to own!!

More pics!! Smile
1200det
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: My Rare As F**K EP71 Starlet Turbo S Wed, 09 February 2005 05:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Awesome little cars ive personally owned one of these and a Corolla 2 Turbo with the 1.5 Litre Smile

These cars will still be eligible under the new 15yo laws as these were available before 12/88
Arch
Forums Junkie

January 2004

Re: My Rare As F**K EP71 Starlet Turbo S Wed, 09 February 2005 08:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ITs kool! i remember playing GT2 and getting one of these cars.

Never seen one on the road before, just too damn rare Shocked
Initial_D
Regular

February 2005
Re: My Rare As F**K EP71 Starlet Turbo S Wed, 09 February 2005 10:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nice ride. There is a navy blue one in my town. I see people laugh when they see Turbo written up the side. Probably wouldn't be laughing when it flys past them Laughing

Cheers
IronWanker
Occasional Poster

December 2004
Re: My Rare As F**K EP71 Starlet Turbo S Wed, 09 February 2005 14:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
By request:
http://compass.zdlcomputing.com/rentabogan/starlet2b.jpg

http://compass.zdlcomputing.com/rentabogan/starletrear.jpg

http://compass.zdlcomputing.com/rentabogan/starletside.jpg

http://compass.zdlcomputing.com/rentabogan/seats.jpg

http://compass.zdlcomputing.com/rentabogan/interior.jpg

http://compass.zdlcomputing.com/rentabogan/starleteng.jpg

Enjoy!

[Updated on: Wed, 09 February 2005 16:10]

Arch
Forums Junkie

January 2004

Re: My Rare As F**K EP71 Starlet Turbo S Wed, 09 February 2005 22:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The condition looks fantastic. That dash cluster looks rather similar to an ae82 twincam. The motor is so small the battery looks almost as big! haha Very Happy

how much is one of these worth if u dont mind me askin?
hokey
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: My Rare As F**K EP71 Starlet Turbo S Thu, 10 February 2005 09:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
woah!! that is one retro interior!!!!! Shocked i like Smile
IronWanker
Occasional Poster

December 2004
Re: My Rare As F**K EP71 Starlet Turbo S Fri, 11 February 2005 07:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Arch wrote on Thu, 10 February 2005 09:16

how much is one of these worth if u dont mind me askin?

I got it for 4500, desperate sale off this very forum.

I wouldn't part with it for less than 6, even if I did desire to sell it, knowing now the condition it's in and what's been done to it.

*SUPREME HANDLING*
RA65 Sleeka
Regular

June 2003
Re: My Rare As F**K EP71 Starlet Turbo S Fri, 11 February 2005 09:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
My mate in adelaide has one they are a little ripper of a car. just don't crash it it took 7 months to get his fixed for bumper f/l panel and bonnet. the insurance company wanted to right the car off due to been so hard to get parts for it.
Tarkers
Regular

October 2004
Re: My Rare As F**K EP71 Starlet Turbo S Wed, 16 March 2005 02:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nice car mate

wats the fuel consumtion like on these 4efte's ?
chadix24_7
Occasional Poster

September 2004
Re: My Rare As F**K EP71 Starlet Turbo S Thu, 17 March 2005 08:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Tarkers wrote on Wed, 16 March 2005 13:10

nice car mate

wats the fuel consumtion like on these 4efte's ?

i think it's a 2ETE.
Tarkers
Regular

October 2004
Re: My Rare As F**K EP71 Starlet Turbo S Thu, 17 March 2005 11:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah so it is, i shouldave read the post a bit better
buck naked
Regular

October 2004

Re: My Rare As F**K EP71 Starlet Turbo S Thu, 17 March 2005 12:14 Go to previous message
Saw a white EP71 on Mill Point Road on Wednesday around lunch time, wasn't you by any chance?
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:170bhp's AE86 - new pics of sus
Next Topic:Josh's MA61 (Heaps of pics)
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sat May 4 07:40:20 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0062589645385742 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.