Toymods » General Car Talk » I've got an empty space in my 162's Spot

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
alliance_22
Forums Junkie

October 2004

icon9.gif  I've got an empty space in my 162's Spot Thu, 10 February 2005 12:13 Go to next message
Dead-Set (DED-53T) is finally gone, i never thought that it'd have such an impact, but dudes, for a good 5 years i've gone without a tear-drop, i cant believe that when i was in the passenger's seat tonight in my dad's car, seeing my White Celica ST162 disappear slowly away from the window's corner.... oh.. a tear drop... hmm... not good

as i was looking at its rims before i left it, looking at how it sits, ahhh........ its gone now, and when we arrived home, theres a big empty space in front of my house where my Celica lived for 3 months....

somehow i wish i didnt do any of it tonight... but its done and cannot be un-done... i've never felt so weird before... its like something is missing, some part of myself. Sad

Its a sad night tonight.

Chopin

http://users.tpg.com.au/adslm8w0/Dyno%20Day%2010%20-1-%20(16.1.2005).jpg
  Send a private message to this user    
djcougar
Forums Junkie

October 2004
Re: I've got an empty space in my 162's Spot Thu, 10 February 2005 12:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
so very very sad choppin!!!
as i said in the sale thread

more info on the lucky new owner?
where he lives? part of forum?

i sure hope he keeps it with toymods and joins the 162 group

extremely sad day it is
alliance_22
Forums Junkie

October 2004

Re: I've got an empty space in my 162's Spot Thu, 10 February 2005 12:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sometimes i think back and wondered if it was a better choice to QUIT my job and keep the car rather than selling it.

Its funny always how you dont know how much you love something until it disappears from your life?

Mate, i have to take this opportunity to thank all those who've lent me a hand and a shoulder during this dark times.

RobST162 for the ongoing support from day 1 when i asked him "Whats a Celica ST162" We became so good friends we searched nearly every ST162 in Sydney we can find in the trading post. Not to mentioned he was kind enough to travel 1/2 way across sydney with me so he can make sure i get the right car. I ended up with DED-53T... the best car i'm ever gonna get Smile Will live in my memory.

Warrior for the good advices, matured advices his given me, the reality of life and good overview of things going on... Not to mention it was him that saved me a few hundred bucks cause he supplied me with 100% of all the parts i needed for my DED-53T

DJCougar, for his support and he actually gave me really good advice which made me forfit selling it the first time around... I really had good stuff planned for the 162. This time though DJ, i have my reasons, if i dont sell it, it'll end up being stolen. But DJ mate, you've been tops to me, so i thank you

Rabsy, although sometimes he is a physco on the roads, hes a very extrememly good friend to be around with.. 'never a dull moment' young and full of life, somehow he gives me the extra push i need for decision making. So i tahnk you mate!

There are also other people who've seen DED-53T Rise and fall and have given me a lot of helps, but those ppl above are friends' i know i can never ever forget, and never ever repay for their time and effort in bringing DED-53T alive. Not to mention through a short period of 3 months or so, iv'e made 4 trusted best mates ever.

Chopin
EldarO
Forums Junkie

December 2004
Re: I've got an empty space in my 162's Spot Thu, 10 February 2005 12:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dude, relax, i know you loved your car and all, but its not like your life support machine...

youll move on to faster and better things..

alliance_22
Forums Junkie

October 2004

Re: I've got an empty space in my 162's Spot Thu, 10 February 2005 12:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
EldarO wrote on Thu, 10 February 2005 23:53

dude, relax, i know you loved your car and all, but its not like your life support machine...

youll move on to faster and better things..

well, ur right, but still hurts a bit ya know? i thought i'd just share it with you car lovers, surely someone would've felt the same when they bought their first car ... spend the time on it, and sold it when the time comes...

Faster better things? yes i know, not just yet Razz i'm sticking with another Celica ST162 Stocker.... when the time comes and i'm a bit older and wiser

u bet i'm goona search Sydney for a GRP A GT4 Cool
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: I've got an empty space in my 162's Spot Thu, 10 February 2005 12:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah, you've had the celica.
next up you'll go for the real thing - supra Smile
djcougar
Forums Junkie

October 2004
Re: I've got an empty space in my 162's Spot Thu, 10 February 2005 13:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
never a supra

my next car will either be a grp A st205
soarer
or possibly celsior (dam they are fine cars)
alliance_22
Forums Junkie

October 2004

Re: I've got an empty space in my 162's Spot Thu, 10 February 2005 13:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well ya know

A few years down the road... Smile

I've always wanted one of the following:

89 Nissan R31 Skyline GTS-X (GTS-Rs are like 20+K for a second hand one now... fook me)
89 Toyota Supra MA71 GRPA ****Droolz**** These are hardcore man
89 Toyota Soarer - Nice nice nice and more nice
89 Toyota Celica ST165 GRP A ***Dream car***

Hey ya know what i see myself having a pattern!! I like 1989 cars!!! LOL

DARN DARN

Left out the 89 Nissan Silvia S13 Very Happy

[Updated on: Thu, 10 February 2005 13:06]

dimmy77_03
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: I've got an empty space in my 162's Spot Thu, 10 February 2005 13:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sorry to see her go, she's a great car Very Happy

Here's a very recent pic
http://img100.exs.cx/img100/8038/dscn16679ut.jpg
warrior
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: I've got an empty space in my 162's Spot Thu, 10 February 2005 13:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Chopin

condolences and congratulations on the sale mate...these things come and go ...ill try to get the car ready for ya ASAP so that u can feel better soon.

don't worry mate I felt that way when I sold my RX3 coupe, I was 17 years of age (man I'm old), but 78 cars later I'm over it Razz

Karl
Rabsy86
Regular

October 2004
Re: I've got an empty space in my 162's Spot Thu, 10 February 2005 14:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Im going to miss that car so much... Dont worry chopin... You will have a even better celica.. A stock one like you always wanted.. Congrets on the sale.. Wink We had such good times with Dedset Wink

[Updated on: Thu, 10 February 2005 14:02]

alliance_22
Forums Junkie

October 2004

Re: I've got an empty space in my 162's Spot Thu, 10 February 2005 21:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dimmy77_03 wrote on Fri, 11 February 2005 00:53

sorry to see her go, she's a great car Very Happy

Here's a very recent pic
http://img100.exs.cx/img100/8038/dscn16679ut.jpg

Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked

OMG Thats so nice of you man!! Thanks for that... i'm gonna laser print that and keep it framed in my room

thanks a lot Dimmy!!

And thanks for the comforting words... i'm looking forward for the red devil !! Very Happy
Willis
Newcomer

February 2005
Re: I've got an empty space in my 162's Spot Thu, 10 February 2005 21:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi,
Its me who bought it. I've been lurking for a while never posting as my old corolla ('79 ke55) was a bit old for these forums Smile

It sucks to see your old car drive away! I even had to follow my first one as it was going the same way as me home Razz
alliance_22
Forums Junkie

October 2004

Re: I've got an empty space in my 162's Spot Thu, 10 February 2005 22:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Willis wrote on Fri, 11 February 2005 08:45

Hi,
Its me who bought it. I've been lurking for a while never posting as my old corolla ('79 ke55) was a bit old for these forums Smile

It sucks to see your old car drive away! I even had to follow my first one as it was going the same way as me home Razz

mate take good care of it ... or else Mad Laughing i'm sure u will mate...

why dont you keep in touch with us? We normally go cruizing and all once a while Smile
dimmy77_03
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: I've got an empty space in my 162's Spot Fri, 11 February 2005 01:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'll secon that ^^ stay with the club so we can still see her Very Happy

And believe me, a KE55 aint too old for the forums Surprised
finney
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: I've got an empty space in my 162's Spot Fri, 11 February 2005 02:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah i had the same feeling when i sold my old TA22, but i still see it around the club so its all good now.

you'll get over it when you get your next car. i'm amazed how you became so attached to a car in 3 months..
alliance_22
Forums Junkie

October 2004

Re: I've got an empty space in my 162's Spot Fri, 11 February 2005 05:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
finney wrote on Fri, 11 February 2005 13:20

yeah i had the same feeling when i sold my old TA22, but i still see it around the club so its all good now.

you'll get over it when you get your next car. i'm amazed how you became so attached to a car in 3 months..

yah me 2... i was stuned myself... its strange how emotional you can get attachin to cars Smile

Hence i havent yet sold my R31 Skyline Very Happy
koen
Regular

March 2004
Re: I've got an empty space in my 162's Spot Fri, 11 February 2005 05:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I know the feeling, i've been offered a 99 WRX for way less than market value, but if i buy it i'll have to sell my Trueno, and i just can't do it. If i don't drive my car for a few days i think 'fuck it, i'll sell the 86 and buy the WRX' but as soon as i go for a drive i change my mind again Smile
djcougar
Forums Junkie

October 2004
Re: I've got an empty space in my 162's Spot Fri, 11 February 2005 06:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
from what choppin told us willis
you only live in epping
there is a few 162's that dont live very far from you at all
alliance_22
Forums Junkie

October 2004

Re: I've got an empty space in my 162's Spot Fri, 11 February 2005 12:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
WOW its weekend!!!!

meaning i might be able to get my red one .... on SUDNAY!
alliance_22
Forums Junkie

October 2004

Re: I've got an empty space in my 162's Spot Fri, 11 February 2005 12:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Karlz may i wonder over and take a peak at her? Razz
TRD-ST162
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: I've got an empty space in my 162's Spot Fri, 11 February 2005 22:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Damn man,
That sucks you sold the car.... I'm sure it is a very emotional time for anyone that gets very attached to their cars, hell u drive it everyday, you end up relying on it, and your car relies on you...

I am driving my celica to its end, selling it will be a bit too painful, and i would just end up buying another celica st162 anyway, they are a great car, i know there are quicker things out there, but for value of money, features, sporty comfort and Fun to drive, its hard to not pick a st162... It was for me..

Whats gonna happen with ur stocky???

Sorry again to see man.. it was a very nice car indeed Very Happy
RobST162
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: I've got an empty space in my 162's Spot Sat, 12 February 2005 01:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
djcougar wrote on Fri, 11 February 2005 17:23

from what choppin told us willis
you only live in epping
there is a few 162's that dont live very far from you at all

who lives in Epping???
Alchemist
Forums Junkie

January 2003
Re: I've got an empty space in my 162's Spot Sat, 12 February 2005 10:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I dunno Rob, any ideas? Very Happy

It sucks to sell your car man, I felt the same when my TA23 rolled down the drive way. Missed it for a while but slowly got over it. Thing that sucks though is last thing I heard at Dyno day was someone had run into the side of my old car, the engine was out and the exhaust had changed Sad That car was perfect, didn't need any changes, but the new owner can obviously do as they want...

Funny thing though, I'm beginning to love the SW20 more & more....totally reliable, a lot faster that my TA23, you'll get over it mate, it just takes time.
alliance_22
Forums Junkie

October 2004

Re: I've got an empty space in my 162's Spot Sat, 12 February 2005 12:25 Go to previous message
actually im a lot better now Smile I went and checked on my red one.... its such a stocker it's screams for attention, i even had the factory under-body air scoope !! WOOT!! i think from memory 95% of the ST162's wont have that Very Happy Man i cant wait for it, Karls done a freeking good job at it thats all i can say.... just one last thing left to do... clearing up some blue smoke which i believe is the engine running a bit Rich

but im sure we can get around it... far out its soooooo good looking Smile the aircon is frezzin too Very Happy
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:sweet . but what is it.
Next Topic:rollas in tha gong.......
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Tue May 14 16:51:11 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0050339698791504 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.