Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Bobski
Regular

I Supported Toymods

May 2004
Seat Rails Ae86 Fri, 11 February 2005 05:47 Go to next message
i have been searching for seat rails for my car for like 2 months now....apparently they are comming from japan but i am losing patience....does any1 know where i can get some in perth? Or how to modify the stock ones to suit....the seat is a base mount sparco Sprint jr

thanx

Adam
  Send a private message to this user    
gabe
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: Seat Rails Ae86 Fri, 11 February 2005 07:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Take a look at my car in my sig.
I mounted a sparco to the stock rails and it was a piece of piss.
I'm in Perth too if you wanna take a look....

Gabe
Bobski
Regular

I Supported Toymods

May 2004
Re: Seat Rails Ae86 Sat, 12 February 2005 01:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thanx mate but my seat is base mount....has holes in the bottom of it....so its totaly different to yours....any ideas anyway?
In your picture did u use the bottom of the standard sprinter rails and then just weld stuff onto the top of em?

Adam
gabe
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: Seat Rails Ae86 Sun, 13 February 2005 23:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Bobski wrote on Sat, 12 February 2005 09:05

In your picture did u use the bottom of the standard sprinter rails and then just weld stuff onto the top of em?

Yeah mate thats exactly what I did.
Yours should be easier then if it's bottom mount. Some flat bar over the standard rails, drill some holes bold the seat in and you're laughing.

Gabe
Bobski
Regular

I Supported Toymods

May 2004
Re: Seat Rails Ae86 Mon, 14 February 2005 10:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cheers for ur help (read inspiration....all i really needed was to just get off my ass and do it...i got it all ready just gotta find me someone with a welder tommorow and im done cheers mate Cool

Adam
jesseT18
Forums Junkie

February 2004
Re: Seat Rails Ae86 Mon, 14 February 2005 11:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
let me know how u go im lookin at doing the same thing soon
Bobski
Regular

I Supported Toymods

May 2004
Re: Seat Rails Ae86 Fri, 18 February 2005 01:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah well...u want me to tell u how i went....failed miserably...

got some standard rails and used a grinder to take everything off the top to make em flat.....welded some shs to the top lengthwise and then tried to weld some across the top of that to the other side and mounted the seat on it......sat wayyy too high...

then i found out that if i welded the whole thing up it wouldnt work as i couldnt get the bolts in from the bottom because the slide adjustment stuff was in the way...so i gave up and im going to get someone else to do it....unless i can buy some rails which someone else has made... Sad

sorry if my explanation is vague but its hard without pics

if u r going to do it tell me how u go

Adam
jesseT18
Forums Junkie

February 2004
Re: Seat Rails Ae86 Fri, 18 February 2005 02:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeh there is no way the stock rails could be modified to fit my recaro, sliding mechanism needs the hole rail so ide never get the bolts in there, im still planning on spending a day at wreckers looking around if any rails will work with that seat, then midding them to fit, nissan bluebird looks possible to mount, but unmodded will sit the seat about 5cm too high, but that can be changed pretty easily i think
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Seat Rails Ae86 Fri, 18 February 2005 02:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I had a similar problem with my seat rails. The problem stemmed from the fact the factory seats have a VERY low base on them. Nearly all aftermarket seats have a much thicker base on them. I mounted a flat strap across the factory rails and it would just sit waay too high.
Bobski
Regular

I Supported Toymods

May 2004
Re: Seat Rails Ae86 Fri, 18 February 2005 02:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah...i hate sitting up high...im about to drive out to a place in ozzy park called Mad Enhancments they think they can make it fit so ill tell u guys how i go...

Adam
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Seat Rails Ae86 Fri, 18 February 2005 02:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
That'd be good. I looked at getting it lower, but the seat really needed to sit an inch lower, and there was just no way it was going to happen with my factory lower rails.

Incidentally, what sort of seat is it?
Bobski
Regular

I Supported Toymods

May 2004
Re: Seat Rails Ae86 Fri, 18 February 2005 03:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Its a sparco sprint Jr Base mount...

those mags in your avatar....i assume they are for a sprinter...where did u get them from and how much ?

err just realised that its not for ae86...nevamind

Adam

[Updated on: Fri, 18 February 2005 03:32]

justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Seat Rails Ae86 Fri, 18 February 2005 03:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Haha, they were Buddy Club P1's, 16x7.5" in 12mm offset. They were about $350 each. There are plenty of ones in the range that'd fit an AE86 though.
Ko Ko
Regular

May 2003
Re: Seat Rails Ae86 Fri, 18 February 2005 14:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah i have done it to my rails on my sprinter as well. really it aint hard just need to line and measure where u going to drill in the rail to mount ur seats.

By the way about sitting too high.... all aftermarket bucket seats will sit high if ur using ur stock rail. Try and get some bride rails or so which will bolt straight to the seat and chasis if you cant be bothered. But if you wanna try ull have to find some sort of way to sit lower in the car.

All the best dude
Eddy
mr..hachiroku
Newcomer

January 2005
mr..hachiroku
Re: Seat Rails Ae86 Sat, 19 February 2005 10:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi,
I have a drivers side seat runner made up for a ae86 for sale it fits recaro seats.I had it made up by a place in adelaide called wilshire motor trimmers its been thru RTA Shocked and has no dramas if you are interested let me know thanks Shocked
Kurt.R
Regular

February 2005
Re: Seat Rails Ae86 Sun, 20 February 2005 10:34 Go to previous message
Putting monza seats into my AE86 was one of the hardest mods that i'v done to it. I used the original rails but since the holes in the bottom of the seats were shorter and narrower I had to make 2 adapter plates and shorter feet for the rails after 2 days work I finally got them in and as every one else has said...they do sit higher than stock ones. I'm 6'2 and still fit very comfortably with the steering wheel in the highest position.
Unless your willing to be sweating, swearing and pissed off then get someone else to do it for you.
Cheers,
Kurt.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:4agze fuel pressure
Next Topic:What tyres from this list shall i get??
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sat Apr 27 17:38:47 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0052149295806885 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.