Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
ra23celica
Forums Junkie

November 2002
Stargate = Lame-o Fri, 11 February 2005 07:15 Go to next message
Who else has sat through the first two new season episodes of Stargate and agrees with me that its getting lame-o ?

I know a certain "old-man ....." who is going to give me the single word famous series quote in reply to this thread.....

I hope the next episodes pick it up a bit or this is getting the flick in favour of old Buffy shows on DVD.
  Send a private message to this user    
Daemon
Regular

May 2004
Re: Stargate = Lame-o Fri, 11 February 2005 07:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
What Season you guys up to? Were up to 8?

Anyway, Richard Dean Anderson has signed up for another two seasons. And then theres Atlantas........

The start of season eight begins with the return of the replicators Shocked Laughing
driftae86
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: Stargate = Lame-o Fri, 11 February 2005 07:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i much prefer stargate - atlantis

i just watched the first season and was left hanging at the end of the last episode.

"to be continued"

damn, i hate those words Razz

i really dont like those "political" episodes where they dont even use the stargate....they are shithouse
Toy Yoda
Regular

March 2004
Re: Stargate = Lame-o Fri, 11 February 2005 07:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Whats the story with Atlantis, ie, do we have to be downloading episodes or is it on cable? Free to air?

Big fan of stargate, hopefully of Atlantis.

P.S If we have to dlownload them could you put up a link to some sites/servers?
CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: Stargate = Lame-o Fri, 11 February 2005 07:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
From what I've heard, Atlantis will be a good 6months from being released on Aussie TV, free-to-air that is.
driftae86
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: Stargate = Lame-o Fri, 11 February 2005 07:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Toy Yoda wrote on Fri, 11 February 2005 15:26

Whats the story with Atlantis, ie, do we have to be downloading episodes or is it on cable? Free to air?

Big fan of stargate, hopefully of Atlantis.

P.S If we have to dlownload them could you put up a link to some sites/servers?

i dont know the forum rules about giving links to torrents etc, so just look it up on google or something and download.
ra23celica
Forums Junkie

November 2002
Re: Stargate = Lame-o Fri, 11 February 2005 07:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I think we must be at episodes 4 or 5 of season 8 as we started with replicators (had a break over Xmas) and now we have 'political' and 'man on the street' involvement episodes...
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Stargate = Lame-o Fri, 11 February 2005 08:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hands up all those who are currently using 35gb of HD space to store stargate? *puts hand up*

the political episodes shit me to no end as well, but they breed some cool lines
"colnel, you are not permitted to hit a superior officer"
"I wasn't thinking of hitting you, I was thinking of shooting you"
EldarO
Forums Junkie

December 2004
Re: Stargate = Lame-o Fri, 11 February 2005 08:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i rekon stargate is shithouse all-around, as is buffy, angel, and all the other unoriginal crap thats on TV, the only show youll ever find me watching are, Rides, Myth Busters, Fawlty Towers and Pimp My Ride (a.k.a Rice My Ride)
CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: Stargate = Lame-o Fri, 11 February 2005 10:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
draven wrote on Fri, 11 February 2005 16:33

hands up all those who are currently using 35gb of HD space to store stargate? *puts hand up*

Hands up all those who want Greg to burn them a copy of said Stargate?
*puts hand up*

I can trade you for 9 gigs of macgyver (about 99/141 eps!)
Initial_D
Regular

February 2005
Re: Stargate = Lame-o Fri, 11 February 2005 10:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I don't watch T.V pretty much at all and if I did i wouldn't watch bulls*^t like that Razz

Cheers
unforgiven
Forums Junkie

February 2005
Re: Stargate = Lame-o Fri, 11 February 2005 10:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
stargate is shit imo, theres rarely an episode where i can watch the whole thing, its so dull.
unforgiven
Forums Junkie

February 2005
Re: Stargate = Lame-o Fri, 11 February 2005 10:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
[quote title=EldarO wrote on Fri, 11 February 2005 19:55and Pimp My Ride (a.k.a Rice My Ride)[/quote]
Oh man, that show pisses me off, they put like 19 inch chrome wheels..on a mustang...that made me fucking mad, and then they go to mod some guys ford galaxy, and think "Oh wait a minute, we can't rice this coz we no shit all about cars, so we'll buy him a brand new escalade" or some other shit forbie. god i hate it.
Shraka
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Stargate = Lame-o Fri, 11 February 2005 14:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
EldarO wrote on Fri, 11 February 2005 19:55

i rekon stargate is shithouse all-around, as is buffy, angel, and all the other unoriginal crap thats on TV, the only show youll ever find me watching are, Rides, Myth Busters, Fawlty Towers and Pimp My Ride (a.k.a Rice My Ride)

You sir, are an idiot. How can you like Fawlty Towers AND Pimp My Ride?

Stargate is awsome. I think it lost something when it went crazy and it wasn't just about Egyptian mythology anymore, but it's still cool. I don't mind the political episodes, as they give some background and as has been said, breed good storylines. I hate flashback episodes though, in prettymuch every form. Wast - of - airtime.

One of the things I like about Stargate is the characters. They're just so funny... like all the time. I love the way it's a semi-comedy sci-fi, kinda like Doctor Who. Samantha kinda annoys me though. Her character seems a little under developed... and is there ANY character that HASN'T hit on her?
EldarO
Forums Junkie

December 2004
Re: Stargate = Lame-o Fri, 11 February 2005 14:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Shraka wrote on Fri, 11 February 2005 22:03

Stargate is awsome. I think it lost something when it went crazy and it wasn't just about Egyptian mythology anymore, but it's still cool. I don't mind the political episodes, as they give some background and as has been said, breed good storylines. I hate flashback episodes though, in prettymuch every form. Wast - of - airtime.

One of the things I like about Stargate is the characters. They're just so funny... like all the time. I love the way it's a semi-comedy sci-fi, kinda like Doctor Who. Samantha kinda annoys me though. Her character seems a little under developed... and is there ANY character that HASN'T hit on her?

Shraka, STFU no one asked you a god damn thing, i insulted no-one that watchied that shit, i insulted the show, and you go off calling me an idiot.. well in your eyes i may be an idiot, but your a complete tosser

and yes, at the moment i am pissed off, so go to hell
driftae86
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: Stargate = Lame-o Fri, 11 February 2005 15:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
EldarO wrote on Fri, 11 February 2005 16:55

Myth Busters is cool.

i wasnt very impressed with battlestar galactica though tonight. how many episodes are there? was there a movie that i missed? i feel like i have missed out on a lot of info despite just watching the first episode Confused
ra23celica
Forums Junkie

November 2002
Re: Stargate = Lame-o Fri, 11 February 2005 15:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
BG finishes up in a part 2 tomorrow night. So its like a pilot movie that might precede a series. If the other Cylons look like that tall hot blonde leggy babe and cruise around in those funky sickle shaped star fighters (shooting up the dorky Colonial fighters).....I want to be a Cylon too !!! Assimilate me baby !
jackel
Forums Junkie

August 2003

Re: Stargate = Lame-o Fri, 11 February 2005 15:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
anyone got any stargate series on dvd or vcd that i can borrow? Smile

i can't watch it since i work during then Sad

[Updated on: Fri, 11 February 2005 15:24]

Daemon
Regular

May 2004
Re: Stargate = Lame-o Fri, 11 February 2005 23:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The next Episode should be good for you guys. Its #8 in series 8, the one after it is when Tealiq(sp) finds a flat.

Thats all ive seen up to in series 8.

The Battlestar G had a two part mini series to start off (also showing here in NZ tonight) and then last year they brought out the first season building from the Mini Series.

[Updated on: Fri, 11 February 2005 23:04]

riceburna73
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: Stargate = Lame-o Sat, 12 February 2005 00:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
startgate is lamo and fukkn boring but I dont really like any ghey sci fi stuff so it may be alright compared to the rest,as for buffy,that has to be the alltime worst TV show EVER!! in the years and years I have either stumbled over it or had to endure it when my old flatmate watched it I have seen nothing more than buffy encounter a new monster/vampire that she cant kill,,oh hang on we better consult the book,so professor if I use the emulate and throw some lame snap kicks at the Vampires theyl dissapear,ooh no angel is falling back to the darkside will he return to the good I know is in his heart he makes me so wet,mm redhead where did you get that flute from......sorry
got a bit carried away then Embarassed
Shraka
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Stargate = Lame-o Sat, 12 February 2005 01:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
EldarO wrote on Sat, 12 February 2005 01:20

Shraka wrote on Fri, 11 February 2005 22:03

Shraka, STFU no one asked you a god damn thing, i insulted no-one that watchied that shit, i insulted the show, and you go off calling me an idiot.. well in your eyes i may be an idiot, but your a complete tosser

and yes, at the moment i am pissed off, so go to hell

Settle down.
Major Clod
Regular

August 2003
Re: Stargate = Lame-o Sat, 12 February 2005 03:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Season 8 started off pretty average, but the last few eps I've seen of S8 are getting quite good again. The last couple of episodes should be great. It still isn't what it used to be in S2 and S3.

Richard Dean Anderson has not signed on for season 9, Ben Browder from Farscape is joining SG1, and there is a new General for the SGC joining too. RDA may be in a few episodes but it won't be much.

SG:Atlantis is great and improves with each episode. The season finale was absolutely awesome, even if it was a cliffhanger.

The first half of BSG was fairly boring, but the second half is great and the episodes are apparently really good.

Beserker99
Regular

January 2004
Re: Stargate = Lame-o Sat, 12 February 2005 05:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
IMO
Stargate Atlantis = Win!
Stargate SG1 = Bigger win!!
Battlestar Galactica = BESTEST WIN!!!!

But that's just me Razz

BTW, "The Reckoning" episodes in SG1 is happy go action fun ^_^
jackel
Forums Junkie

August 2003

Re: Stargate = Lame-o Sat, 12 February 2005 06:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
the last star game i've seen was about 4 months ago with that huge invasion and they had to find atlantis get find a weapon to kill em all. and then richard dean anderson got frozen in some thing?

nitephyre
Regular

July 2003
Re: Stargate = Lame-o Sat, 12 February 2005 12:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CrUZsida wrote on Fri, 11 February 2005 20:20

/me worships you. MacGyver > *

Stargate the movie rules
SG-1 rules, although i stopped watching after s3 due to having getting bored with TV and hooked on pc's instead.. but hooray for DVD Very Happy

Atlantis at first i thought "ugh, spin-off" but i actually really enjoy it, since it's sufficiently different

I'm also damn pissed off that UPN canned Enterprise. fkn cnts :/

</rant> Very Happy
jackel
Forums Junkie

August 2003

Re: Stargate = Lame-o Sat, 12 February 2005 18:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CrUZsida wrote on Fri, 11 February 2005 18:20

*puts hand up*

what do i gotta do to get my hands on them 9 gigs Very Happy
towe_001
Forums Junkie

August 2004
Re: Stargate = Lame-o Sun, 13 February 2005 05:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Battlestar Galactica Laughing
I hate it when the yanks decide to remake a tv series or a movie etc and have to make to polically correct.
In the orginial Starbuck was a white guy and boomer was a black guy. And there was a shit load more action and less on the kissie, kissie shit.

WHERE'S MUFFIT
towe_001
Forums Junkie

August 2004
Re: Stargate = Lame-o Sun, 13 February 2005 05:21 Go to previous message
jackel wrote on Sun, 13 February 2005 05:19

CrUZsida wrote on Fri, 11 February 2005 18:20

*puts hand up*

what do i gotta do to get my hands on them 9 gigs Very Happy

ditto
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Python breeders?
Next Topic:What the fuck is ithis ?
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Wed May 1 01:34:41 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0085029602050781 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.