Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
loki boyracer
Regular

October 2004
20V in 86 Conversion Fri, 11 February 2005 00:36 Go to next message
Still researching on putting the black top into my 86, i've got the DLI sorted, so the dizzy clearence isn't a problem, now all I have to sort is the water pipes.
I've sorted where the lines need to run but where do I drill through a water jacket, which one and where?
Are there any piping kits locally made? (Cos I'm too lazy to fabricate them Rolling Eyes myself!)
Is there much of a market to produce a 20v to RWD kit (ie DLI kit, water piping, alloy blanks?)

[Updated on: Fri, 11 February 2005 01:19]

Send a private message to this user    
xolent
Forums Junkie

October 2004
Re: 20V in 86 Conversion Fri, 11 February 2005 00:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
there's only one that i know

but they charge hella expensive, and their from america

a dizzy conversion to the front will cost 1.5k
and their coolant relocation kit cost bout 750

hope that helps

oh yeh,
their website is
http://www.intecracing.com/

but i think you're better off finding parts locally lol

my post is pretty pointless when you t hink about it

[Updated on: Fri, 11 February 2005 04:52]

ShiRi
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: 20V in 86 Conversion Fri, 11 February 2005 00:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
take off the thermo housing. if you look in the head where u just took that of you will see a thin wall seperating the upper from the lower. Notch, drill, whatever but you want the hole that allows passage from the top to the bottom water passages. then make a block off plate and put silocone on it

next there is a pipe under ur throttle boddies that needs to be extended down
http://www.accordclub.com/rolla/52504/P1010105.JPG

you can use a 16v water pump and hook the coolant lines up.

i dunno if this is what u meant but maybe it'll help

where is that diagram? i wanna see Very Happy
ae86 Drifter
Regular

January 2004
Re: 20V in 86 Conversion Fri, 11 February 2005 01:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
pm myself and ill explain what to do.its easy as.

cheers pete
4a-c
Regular

April 2003
Re: 20V in 86 Conversion Fri, 11 February 2005 03:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ring this guy. he makes water pipe kits for rwd 20v conversions. his name is allan. 0409911374. $165 from memory
Kr0n1k
Occasional Poster

February 2005
Re: 20V in 86 Conversion Fri, 11 February 2005 22:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Xolent: Wasn't completely pointless, I'm gonna get that kit. Smile Not planning heavy mods so I'd rather spend the money on having a clean conversion.

I've almost got the money for a black top conversion package with the tranny, ECU, motor, and harness. My only question is, am I going to be able to use the 6 spd. in the AE86 easily? If not I'll most likely just grab the motor itself with harness/ECU/sensors... save myself some money. Sorry for the thread jack BTW.
xolent
Forums Junkie

October 2004
Re: 20V in 86 Conversion Sat, 12 February 2005 00:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well, if you can't find it on the site, it's "garage annex"

forgot to mention last time because i was in a rush,
and for the dizzy conversion, from what i recall, it requires you to send them the dizzy and exhaust camshaft
FKN16V
Forums Junkie

July 2003
Re: 20V in 86 Conversion Sun, 13 February 2005 00:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kr0n1k wrote on Sat, 12 February 2005 09:51

My only question is, am I going to be able to use the 6 spd. in the AE86 easily? If not I'll most likely just grab the motor itself with harness/ECU/sensors... save myself some money. Sorry for the thread jack BTW.

What six speed, if your talking about the fwd box "NO GOOD".

Just use the AE86 T50, much easier and "SHOULD" last forever if treated right.

Cheers

Steve

Kr0n1k
Occasional Poster

February 2005
Re: 20V in 86 Conversion Sun, 13 February 2005 06:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
How bout fitting an Altezza 6 Spd.? I'm sure they're expensive, and I would most likely need a driveshaft, but what about a custom bellhousing? If I didn't need one, that would be a pretty nice tranny to have in an 86.
loki boyracer
Regular

October 2004
Re: 20V in 86 Conversion Mon, 14 February 2005 02:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ok, were not all as dumb as you make us out to be, i'm well aware that the AE111 6-speed CANNOT go into a RWD application, i was aiming the question at AE82/92/101 and 111 driver/owners out there!!!
slydar
Regular

December 2003
Re: 20V in 86 Conversion Mon, 14 February 2005 05:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ant kellam sells a billet machined rear water housing, which re direscts the water around the blocked passage you describe its also machined to fit your water temps sensors and taped for a brass fitting for the heater hose if you want to run one..

pm me for his details, he will be happy to sell you one. i think its around 90. i have one on my black top. he also sells a "side plate" to block up the inlet youll need to block, and also has stock of modified inlets for rwd.

basically what this means is there are no ugly waterlines running from the rear of the engine. its set up just like a small port would be with a remote thermostat.
cnic82
Regular

January 2005
Re: 20V in 86 Conversion Mon, 14 February 2005 08:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Buy yourself a 16v Bigport, fit a set of cams, get the head ported and flowtested and you'll have yourself a very streetable engine conversion for under $3000. I guarantee you will not get the 20v in for under $5000. Do you think the wankfactor of ownning a 20v AE86 is really worth $2000??
Flogbag
Regular

December 2003
Re: 20V in 86 Conversion Mon, 14 February 2005 09:20 Go to previous message
i put a 20v in for round $3500 with aftermarket comp....

dont know where you get $5000 from

as for water setup i used the pipe outlet next to #4 exhaust port on the 20v motor for the top with a 5mm alloy adapter plate i made up, rwd water pump housing with fwd water pump and rwd 4age alt bracket. used a fwd remote thermistat housing end piece so i could put a fan switch in also
cressida mx73 bottom radiator hose was a perfect fit and top hose i used a camry hose with one bend cut off
got any questions pm me...
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v385/asm/Dcp_0404.jpg

[Updated on: Mon, 14 February 2005 09:26]

Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:351 in an RA40
Next Topic:oil pressure sender
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Tue May 7 01:48:34 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0075588226318359 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar