Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Simon-AE86
Forums Junkie

Banned user

July 2002

AE86 Drift Video Fri, 11 February 2005 15:01 Go to next message
pay your dues... this car no longer exists.

download away. its about 44meg.

SAVE AS - HACHI DRIFT

Big thanks to Incy and his Bro for hosting for me. Visit his site at http://drift.ozbase.com

Send a private message to this user    
SIMDOG
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: AE86 Drift Video Fri, 11 February 2005 15:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Heard about your car... not salvagable? Dues paid in full. Confused
79rollaboy
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: AE86 Drift Video Fri, 11 February 2005 22:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I can't save it... it says the file has been moved...
improvedae86
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: AE86 Drift Video Sat, 12 February 2005 00:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well what can you say put RIP hachi Sad

I have already emailed the old video and now this link to as many Automotive related people that i can think of to hopefully gain some sponsorship for simon . Maybe the board members can approach the following sponsors of this forum : http://www.toymods.org.au/sponsors.php

As for the reply i have already received i think this will not be to difficult as long as people get that video out there .

Simon's driving speaks for itself , the comments i have received back from people related to track racing are mostly center around the corner speed that Simon carrys the drift . There comment that most of the other cars are simple power-sliding out of the corner . There entry speed isn't even close to Simon's which the video footage easily shows . That the first time i have seen the runs of the last final and i can think is how ripped off Simon was , but this shows his never die attitude to the sport since i haven't heard a bad word from him on this . That show's a true sportsman no matter what the competition is , not blaming others . I guess thats how self secure he is with his own ability of driving .

But this brings up no matter how good you are in driving there is always the car . When i spotted that car in the F1 hotel carpark at the last Calder event i couldn't believe what a shit heap it was , or that he could drive a shit heap so well . The lack of preparation for a trip interstate compared to other people in the sport was amazing for myself , and why is this so , easy he is one person who is trying to do it all by himself . I am sure that most of the other drifters had workshops or where working full time on the vehicle before a event . I know after dropping in at Chaser's before the SA event my friend Brad was flat out preparing his car in a full equipped workshop . Not just a driveway which Simon has had to work on , the level of work which anyone is capable of in that environment no matter what there skill level is low . You take the best mechanic , give him not the best tools , and materials , and the out come will be less than perfect every time .

I finishing my long rant about this .
All i can say that no matter how persistent in following you dreams sometimes things don't go to plan and you never get to achieve what you might have . And i think i could safely say that this unlucky patch Simon has had would have had most of us throwing in the towel a long time ago . I know i have rarely see someone pursue any competition with the level of intensity which is Simon does .

So please do all you can to help Simon in the future .

But on a lighter note

"pay your dues" ? who is paying me for me unauthorized footage Laughing And since when am i a part of the Adelaide AE86 community ? or was there some ceremony like handing over the key to the city which i missed Laughing

^DriftKing^
Occasional Poster

Banned User

July 2004
Re: AE86 Drift Video Sat, 12 February 2005 01:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
"You take the best mechanic , give him not the best tools , and materials , and the out come will be less than perfect every time"

then you take a shit "mechanic" (i use term mechanic very loosly) and guess what the outcome is. and people are thinking about going to him for brake work etc.... good luck in the brakes not falling apart...

every now and then something happens to really make me smile. when loud mouth dickheads get what they deserve all on there own, this is one of those times.

karma my friend... you threatened to drive into the side of my car if we ever went head to head..... well sorry dood i dont own a commodore.
SUKED IN
ae86drift
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

August 2002

Re: AE86 Drift Video Sat, 12 February 2005 01:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
what actually happenned???
^DriftKing^
Occasional Poster

Banned User

July 2004
Re: AE86 Drift Video Sat, 12 February 2005 01:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
he slid into the side of a commodore when some suspension he had worked on broke APARENTLY NOT EVEN DRIFTING acording to him.

simons ability: 0
quality of work: 1
ShiRi
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: AE86 Drift Video Sat, 12 February 2005 01:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
^DriftKing^ wrote on Sat, 12 February 2005 12:22

"You take the best mechanic , give him not the best tools , and materials , and the out come will be less than perfect every time"

then you take a shit "mechanic" (i use term mechanic very loosly) and guess what the outcome is. and people are thinking about going to him for brake work etc.... good luck in the brakes not falling apart...

every now and then something happens to really make me smile. when loud mouth dickheads get what they deserve all on there own, this is one of those times.

karma my friend... you threatened to drive into the side of my car if we ever went head to head..... well sorry dood i dont own a commodore.
SUKED IN

your a dickhead... the guy just lost his car show some god damn respect

karma's gonna get back to u if u continue with this attitude

[Updated on: Sat, 12 February 2005 01:38]

^DriftKing^
Occasional Poster

Banned User

July 2004
Re: AE86 Drift Video Sat, 12 February 2005 01:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
as i said previously it was him that was going to drive into my car at an event. i guess this is a payback to him. he deserves no respect, specially from me.
ShiRi
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: AE86 Drift Video Sat, 12 February 2005 01:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
then stay out of this topic... this topic is to show some dues to waht was one of the best toyota drifters in australia. no one cares about u two and your petty differences
^DriftKing^
Occasional Poster

Banned User

July 2004
Re: AE86 Drift Video Sat, 12 February 2005 01:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
no this thread is about some wanker that drove into the side of a parked commodore. and got "paid in full".... Laughing Laughing Laughing
improvedae86
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: AE86 Drift Video Sat, 12 February 2005 01:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Driftking , what drugs are you on ? And more to the point who the hell are you to comment on any of the above ? You must be a loser that lost to Simon in the passed i guess Laughing

Mods please don't delete Driftking's post's , lets so if he has anything to back up his HERO posting Laughing

"karma's gonna get back to u if u continue with this attitude"

Couldn't have said it better Shiri Laughing
^DriftKing^
Occasional Poster

Banned User

July 2004
Re: AE86 Drift Video Sat, 12 February 2005 01:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
my best so far.. 3rd in the TOP 16

his best ever.. 2nd in BOTTOM 16....

he also has atleast twice the power to weight of my car. but there ya go... Embarassed

[Updated on: Sat, 12 February 2005 01:54]

ShiRi
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: AE86 Drift Video Sat, 12 February 2005 01:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
^DriftKing^ wrote on Sat, 12 February 2005 12:54

he also has atleast twice the power to weight of my car. but there ya go... Embarassed

good... ur better... ur proved that...

now prove ur a better person by dropping it before it gets more messy in here
improvedae86
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: AE86 Drift Video Sat, 12 February 2005 01:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
^DriftKing^ wrote on Fri, 11 February 2005 21:54

And ? who are you then ? why so scared to name yourself ?
Twice the power to weight ratio hey , so you have a 1800kg car with 75kw at the wheels and you are able to drift it ? You must be the driftking .
^DriftKing^
Occasional Poster

Banned User

July 2004
Re: AE86 Drift Video Sat, 12 February 2005 02:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sorry not trying to brag. but i was asked. usually i dont bring it up.
i should also add that ive got extensive racing acheivements in other forms of motorsport but im not going to get into that either, i just wanted to answer his post.

as for being the better person... twice now i have droped shit with him and had him try and make peace with me... both times as soon as my backs turned he has started again worse than the time before.

as i said... sometimes people get what they deserve....
Simon-AE86
Forums Junkie

Banned user

July 2002

Re: AE86 Drift Video Sat, 12 February 2005 02:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
lol guess thats why i cam 2nd at mallala while you didnt even qualify hey dan

look im sick of your shit, fuck off.
improvedae86
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: AE86 Drift Video Sat, 12 February 2005 02:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Laughing Please someone add a OWNED picture Laughing
^DriftKing^
Occasional Poster

Banned User

July 2004
Re: AE86 Drift Video Sat, 12 February 2005 02:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
improvedae86 the people that need to know who i am know who i am. ive never hid that. this was a nick i used to use elsewere. and every post ive put up on here the people concerned have known who i was.

as for power to weight... i have 1300kg and somewhere around 130-140rwkw. so yes stuff all.

as for ONE event..... wow!!! and as you know theres very good reasons as to why i qualified as low as i did..... just to mention one of them having to run with the factory guys where as u ran with the privateers... Cool

not quite the fair comparison
ShiRi
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: AE86 Drift Video Sat, 12 February 2005 02:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
http://www.picpop.com/gallery/albums/userpics/OffTopic/derailed1.jpg
Simon-AE86
Forums Junkie

Banned user

July 2002

Re: AE86 Drift Video Sat, 12 February 2005 02:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
lol qualifying is a 1 LAP on you own basis, its not who you're running with... because theres no one out there to hold your hand.

opower to weight has nothing to do with drift here. i could out drift you in my 4age powered ae86, in fact i did at JMS drift day 5 when i came 4th and you came fuck all Laughing Laughing Evil or Very Mad

now im stooping to your level, stop posting in my thread and fuck off
^DriftKing^
Occasional Poster

Banned User

July 2004
Re: AE86 Drift Video Sat, 12 February 2005 02:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hahahahahahaha
so you are comparing the first time i EVER drove my completely stock car (only had lowered springs) to your completely setup sprinter? BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA
u must be a GOD!!!

as for your 4ag sprinter.. it was you that cried because you couldnt get 3rd gear drift in it.. so u HAD to put a NISSAN motor in it. yet on the very same day my STILL STOCK car was smoking 3rd hard around the end corner??? hahahahaha

if only your car wasnt totalled caus i would have LOVED to show you how it SHOULD be driven....
improvedae86
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: AE86 Drift Video Sat, 12 February 2005 02:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I know who you are , and since you are such a looser . Don't bother to call me today to help you out with truenosedan's 4ac to 4ag conversion which he has been asking me if you can call me .

Since its been what 4 months ? and you cannot get it going Laughing And you are talking about "then you take a shit "mechanic" (i use term mechanic very loosely) and guess what the outcome is. and people are thinking about going to him for brake work etc.... good luck in the brakes not falling apart..." You cannot even transplant a 4age which was running in Steve old car Laughing Laughing Laughing

You are a complete and utter tool , and yes if you are so good at drifting , why are you not in the Factory class ? Since you run a dodgy backyarder workshop , sponsor yourself and do it , don't whine about loosing prove it .
^DriftKing^
Occasional Poster

Banned User

July 2004
Re: AE86 Drift Video Sat, 12 February 2005 02:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yep its been here for ages. since ive had several other cars come and go

the reason (as he now knows) is ONLY becaus he owes me almost $2k and was told its not getting worked on till its paid. so before u open your mouth maybe you should look into things to save yourself looking fuken stupid...

as for me calling you... i NEVER was going to do that. ive spent a whole of about 30 minutes throwing the wireing in the car so far and havent had any time to look at it since. been far to busy with other things.

once he starts paying me what he owes me then i might go out and start to get it finished.
Simon-AE86
Forums Junkie

Banned user

July 2002

Re: AE86 Drift Video Sat, 12 February 2005 02:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
lol my car had cut springs, hilux shocks in the rear and cut springs and diff oil in sztrock shocks at the front. that mate is NOT completly setup. the truth is i can take a shitbox car and drive it better then you can.

yes i said a STOCK 4age wasnt very good at holding 3rd gear slides.. but i still beat you didnt i hahaha
Simon-AE86
Forums Junkie

Banned user

July 2002

Re: AE86 Drift Video Sat, 12 February 2005 02:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
lol you must be so cut dan
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: AE86 Drift Video Sat, 12 February 2005 02:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dan you ROCK! Laughing

You came in the "top" 16 and i use the word "top" very loosely of a G1 event that did not have the definitiion of Privateers and Factory Class, just becuase simon is in the privateer class that does not mean that he is a worse driver, the fact that you didnt even qualify on the weekend proves that on a national level you are just plain shit and a very piss poor attempt at being a drift king.

I can believe you are seriously calling simon a shit mechanic, I have been pulling my engine apart for the last few days and I am really noticing a large amount of bolts that should be in there but arent, also 2 earths that have just been cut, not only are you a shit mechanic youre in fuckgin denial about it thinking you are a superstar, as adam has already stated, IT HAS TAKEN 4 MONTHS TO DO A 4AC TO 4AGE CONVERSION!!! As i recall I think david actually wanted simon to finsih the project becuase you werent able to complete it, and you have the gawl to call simon a "shit" mechanic?

Get a life, grow a cock, get over yourself, go back to your backayarder workshop in boganville you fucken loser....

P.S. If you have excelled in so many motorsport feats how come no one has ever heard of you? Mr Driftking, you fucking bellend....

4AGE
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: AE86 Drift Video Sat, 12 February 2005 02:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
We need some owned pics here.

In any scenario. If u were a better drifter be humble about it. I think most of the guys in sa vic nsw would vouch for simons performance last year. Even if u were the drift king of factory class. Result would be the same. U get no respect from us. It might not even stop at that.

Bottom line. There is always a bad winner and good winner.
Evan
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: AE86 Drift Video Sat, 12 February 2005 02:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
lol give up "drift king"
RIP the black beast
^DriftKing^
Occasional Poster

Banned User

July 2004
Re: AE86 Drift Video Sat, 12 February 2005 02:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ahhhh if only we had the chance to prove head to head your ego simon... all this talk is just shit dribbling on your behalf.

as for being cut? over what?
Evan
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: AE86 Drift Video Sat, 12 February 2005 02:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Its a drift off!....its a drift off
^DriftKing^
Occasional Poster

Banned User

July 2004
Re: AE86 Drift Video Sat, 12 February 2005 02:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
MR 1GGTE wrote on Sat, 12 February 2005 13:29

Dan you ROCK! Laughing

You came in the "top" 16 of a G1 event that did not have the definitiion of Privateers and Factory Class,

IT HAS TAKEN 4 MONTHS TO DO A 4AC TO 4AGE CONVERSION!!! As i recall I think david actually wanted simon to finsih the project becuase you werent able to complete it, and you have the gawl to call simon a "shit" mechanic?

P.S. If you have excelled in so many motorsport feats how come no one has ever heard of you? Mr Driftking, you fucking bellend....

wether it was called top 16 or factory class has very little to do with anything. i was still 3rd in the top 16.

as for simons and my skills....
simons work.... 2 minutes the motor lasted first time, 4 hours the second time... i guess atleast he was getting better...

i fixed it and how many months of thrashing did it last for? Laughing

as for the 4ag/ac thing the delay has already been talked about cant you read? as for simon finishing it... that was never an option as the car was NEVER leaving my yard till he has paid the money he owed for parts i supplied and labour. sure if he wanted to get steve over to do shit on it thats fine with me. less time i would have worked on the car for the same money, this he asked me about and i said it would be fine... he then told me steve was to busy so he might ask simon to come over and do it... i told him there was no way in hell that simon was touching it... caus once the money was paid the car would leave here finished.

as for being known in motorsport, try going into a REAL car club and asking about me. Very Happy
improvedae86
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: AE86 Drift Video Sat, 12 February 2005 02:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ok let me get this straight

1. Driftking , you are a qualified mechanic ? with the correct paper work to back this up ?
2. Driftking , you work from home ? with the correct zoning for such a business to be run out of a residential address ? including building insurance ? The council in you area is aware of this ?
3. Driftking , you business is registered with the ATO ? you have a ABN ?
4. Driftking , you have public liability cover for your business ?
5. Driftking , you are registed with the correct state authority for vehicle repair in South Australia ?

If the answer is no to any of the above , i have taken copy's of this post and have you details which will be send to the relevant authorities in SA on monday . Have a nice day Smile .

Also if you are not , you cannot hold anyones property !! this will be taken as braking the law because you are not a mechanical business .

[Updated on: Sat, 12 February 2005 02:45]

^DriftKing^
Occasional Poster

Banned User

July 2004
Re: AE86 Drift Video Sat, 12 February 2005 02:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hahahahahahahahaha
speaking of being cut.. improvedae86 go ya hardest mate Wink
improvedae86
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: AE86 Drift Video Sat, 12 February 2005 02:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Already writing the emails , and i am no "mate" of yours Laughing
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: AE86 Drift Video Sat, 12 February 2005 02:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
^DriftKing^ wrote on Sat, 12 February 2005 13:11

MR 1GGTE wrote on Sat, 12 February 2005 13:29

Dan you ROCK! Laughing

You came in the "top" 16 of a G1 event that did not have the definitiion of Privateers and Factory Class,

IT HAS TAKEN 4 MONTHS TO DO A 4AC TO 4AGE CONVERSION!!! As i recall I think david actually wanted simon to finsih the project becuase you werent able to complete it, and you have the gawl to call simon a "shit" mechanic?

wether it was called top 16 or factory class has very little to do with anything. i was still 3rd in the top 16.

as for simons and my skills....
simons work.... 2 minutes the motor lasted first time, 4 hours the second time... i guess atleast he was getting better...

i fixed it and how many months of thrashing did it last for? Laughing

as for the 4ag/ac thing the delay has already been talked about cant you read? as for simon finishing it... that was never an option as the car was NEVER leaving my yard till he has paid the money he owed for parts i supplied and labour. sure if he wanted to get steve over to do shit on it thats fine with me. less time i would have worked on the car for the same money, this he asked me about and i said it would be fine... he then told me steve was to busy so he might ask simon to come over and do it... i told him there was no way in hell that simon was touching it... caus once the money was paid the car would leave here finished.

as for being known in motorsport, try going into a REAL car club and asking about me. Very Happy

Youre forgetting that the motor only lasted 4 hours because you are the one that fucken dropped it Rolling Eyes

Once again tho, you quoted david a set amount to do the conversion and then jacked up the price to some astronomical figure, once again this sounds all too familiar becuase you did the same thing with my car...Rolling Eyes

If you spent more time working on davids car and less time pulling yourself on the internet bagging people about things that are A: Not your concern B: Having Nothing To Do You With You C: Youre a retard (I just thought id throw that last one in for fun Laughing)Things would actually get done around your so called "workshop" and i use that term very loosley, as when i say workshop I generally mean a backayard with a shed and a gate Rolling Eyes

Adam if you need a hand let me know
Julz01
Regular

December 2004
Re: AE86 Drift Video Sat, 12 February 2005 02:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
great vid, sorry to hear about your car
Simon-AE86
Forums Junkie

Banned user

July 2002

Re: AE86 Drift Video Sat, 12 February 2005 02:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Julz01 wrote on Sat, 12 February 2005 13:27

great vid, sorry to hear about your car

thanks for that mate
CRAB-86
Regular

September 2003
Re: AE86 Drift Video Sat, 12 February 2005 03:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dan, its shit like this that makes people hate you, ive met you a couple of times in person, and your honesly an alright guy (stubborn though), Why do you come on the net and talk shit like this? Just fuking leave it alone man. *sigh*

R.I.P Hachi, You will be missed
xolent
Forums Junkie

October 2004
Re: AE86 Drift Video Sat, 12 February 2005 03:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
who's this dan guy? what does he drive?
i read the whole thread and i came to several conclusions:

1. i feel very sorry for simon to what happened to his car.
2. there are alot of top blokes who show a high amount of respect and support for the incident.
3. sprinters rule
4. simon's a very good drifter.
5. and drift king's jealous.

oh and great video, one of my most favourite songs in all those years, exploration of space!

[Updated on: Sat, 12 February 2005 03:03]

Skaney
Forums Junkie

August 2003
Re: AE86 Drift Video Sat, 12 February 2005 03:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sad to see it go Simon.. Hope to see you driving another 86 soon.

^DriftKing^
Occasional Poster

Banned User

July 2004
Re: AE86 Drift Video Sat, 12 February 2005 03:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message

"Youre forgetting that the motor only lasted 4 hours because you are the one that fucken dropped it :roll:"
when the chain at the importers broke it was never your motor, and anyone with 1/2 a clue would have replaced the oil pickup that was bent 3" up BEFORE they fitted it to the car when they had the sump OFF ALREADY. Shocked Laughing

Once again tho, you quoted david a set amount to do the conversion and then jacked up the price to some astronomical figure, once again this sounds all too familiar becuase you did the same thing with my car...Rolling Eyes
i never quoted him. and i never changed from the price guide i gave him. the extras are from the extra parts i am supplying for his car, g-box, coilovers, the list goes on.
as for your car once again. the first time i worked on it i told the owners that the motor was fuked but was told to put it back in and patch it up anyway, i never liked having to do that and was one of the many reasons im not working there anymore, and that motor STILL ran for quite a while. ended up dead from a blown head gasket which i diagnosed before the first time i worked on it. and as i said the last time i worked on it it lasted how many months? as for jacking the price up "astronomical" good one. hehehe i guess some people just cant afford $70 hey. i mean i could have done a simon quality job and made it only last 4 hours as well if thats what you wanted to pay for....

If you spent more time working on davids car.

im not even gonna begin to answer that one a 3rd time.

anyway i have an exhaust to make for my own car. later dickwad
Flem
Regular

May 2002
Re: AE86 Drift Video Sat, 12 February 2005 03:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
that was a mad video but the music u shouldve used born slippy underworld the full version exactly wat happend and whats the damage to the ca18sprinter ?
Callifo
Forums Junkie

August 2003

Re: AE86 Drift Video Sat, 12 February 2005 03:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
So what are you going to do now Simon? Another sprinter with same conversion or something different?
toyoda
Regular

November 2003
Re: AE86 Drift Video Sat, 12 February 2005 03:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sad that sux sorry 2 hear.

hope u got a car back out there soon 2 keep up the good work Smile
Matt-AE86
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

October 2003

Re: AE86 Drift Video Sat, 12 February 2005 03:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Simon, my condolances to you and your black cae86 beast.

Drift king, you talk alot of shit. I dont like that and baby jesus doesnt either, you made him cry. because of that karma will strike down on YOU.

So Simon, is it just the shell that is fucked or alot more ?
ae86drift
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

August 2002

Re: AE86 Drift Video Sat, 12 February 2005 05:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
wow, what a shitfight.. im staying out of this one

sucks big time simmo

no one can predict how an chassis will react to certain pressures being put on it, just bad luck this time.

dan/driftking, i dont think its helping your karma by gloating about simons misfortune, what if it happened to you?

also top video, i hope the next hachi is a good one, if these anything i can do let me know. Smile

Simon-AE86
Forums Junkie

Banned user

July 2002

Re: AE86 Drift Video Sat, 12 February 2005 05:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
shell, cooler, rad, pipes etc are pretty much stuffed.

yeah cosmic gate is a fave albumb of mine too Razz
b1gb3n
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

June 2004
Re: AE86 Drift Video Sat, 12 February 2005 08:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
if simon is such a dickhead as drift king claims, i still wouldnt start shit if i were driftking when somebody loses their car.

Driftking is the ULTIMATEST BIGGEST DICKHEAD!! tiu lei lou mei ke chau far hai!!!
turboke10
Occasional Poster

December 2004
Re: AE86 Drift Video Sat, 12 February 2005 08:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Where do I start?

Let's start with "drifting" and its associations as an actual form of MOTORSPORT. Whatever inbred spastic thought of this pathetic waste of time and money as a form of motorsport needs a bullet. I believe, as would the likes of most people involved in motorsport, that the aim is to drive a car fast and get from the start of a race to the end......... IN FIRST PLACE.

WHERE DOES DRIFTING FALL INTO PLACE HERE?

The answer is: IT DOESN'T. Anyone can go sideways, and most of the people at the back of the pack in circuit racing are actually SIDEWAYS.

As for people who think that drifting is some sort of an exhibition relative to ultimate car control, race a RALLY car. Drifting is a waste of money and time....... If you like drifting go skiing.

Simon, BRO. I just watched your little video and i can positively state without hesitation, that I have not been so bored in my life. I do however notice that you may have some car control, but unfortunately the 8 minutes of footage seemed to be substantially repetitive. I suggest that you might want to show your driving skills in an arena where times and real skill count and not the opinion of 200 wanna-be drifting fans.

I have been involved in motorsport for over 10 years at up to an international level and can advise you that if you are looking for sponsorship it is worth investing in some quality tools to entice potential sponsors. A simple poorly edited video (monotonous) with an anonymous and readily disposible HOTMAIL address as your contact (easily obtained by anyone) would not seem desirable for any potential sponsor. You don't even use a paid email account?

Lastly, if you did actually verbalise the idea of hitting or contacting another car on the racetrack, then, you deserve all you get.

Good Day

Kenneth.

[Updated on: Sat, 12 February 2005 08:42]

ShiRi
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: AE86 Drift Video Sat, 12 February 2005 09:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hehe that post is sure to upset a few ppl
toyoda
Regular

November 2003
Re: AE86 Drift Video Sat, 12 February 2005 09:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kenneth your point of view is arrogent 2 say the least.

n e motor sport is awaste of money.... oh wow look i can get from A 2 B faster then you in a race i am the winnah !. who gives a toss.
i will tell u who gives a toss, ppl that are into that sort or "motorsport". some ppl are into drifting and just because we dont go racing around a track to try and get braging rights u think ur "form" of motorsport is anybetter? you ask most drifters why they drift and i am sure the answer will be because it is fun. and i totally agree racing can be fun to but it is not every bodys liking just as it is not your liking for drifting so dont go saying dumb shit about some one else's passion.
Simon-AE86
Forums Junkie

Banned user

July 2002

Re: AE86 Drift Video Sat, 12 February 2005 10:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kennith: fair enough, drift is not for everyone, and yes my vid isnt fantastic. its the first vid i made, i started off as doing a sponsorship video but i ended up going a little long winded. Its my first attempt at making a video and needless to say im working on another shorter more exciting one with a "proper" email address and so forth at the end of it. This one probably wont be posted on the net, but go straight to people who im targeting for sponsorship.

CRAB-86
Regular

September 2003
Re: AE86 Drift Video Sat, 12 February 2005 10:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
turboke10 wrote on Sat, 12 February 2005 19:40

Where do I start?

Let's start with "drifting" and its associations as an actual form of MOTORSPORT. Whatever inbred spastic thought of this pathetic waste of time and money as a form of motorsport needs a bullet. I believe, as would the likes of most people involved in motorsport, that the aim is to drive a car fast and get from the start of a race to the end......... IN FIRST PLACE.

The answer is: IT DOESN'T. Anyone can go sideways, and most of the people at the back of the pack in circuit racing are actually SIDEWAYS.

As for people who think that drifting is some sort of an exhibition relative to ultimate car control, race a RALLY car. Drifting is a waste of money and time....... If you like drifting go skiing.

Simon, BRO. I just watched your little video and i can positively state without hesitation, that I have not been so bored in my life. I do however notice that you may have some car control, but unfortunately the 8 minutes of footage seemed to be substantially repetitive. I suggest that you might want to show your driving skills in an arena where times and real skill count and not the opinion of 200 wanna-be drifting fans.

I have been involved in motorsport for over 10 years at up to an international level and can advise you that if you are looking for sponsorship it is worth investing in some quality tools to entice potential sponsors. A simple poorly edited video (monotonous) with an anonymous and readily disposible HOTMAIL address as your contact (easily obtained by anyone) would not seem desirable for any potential sponsor. You don't even use a paid email account?

Lastly, if you did actually verbalise the idea of hitting or contacting another car on the racetrack, then, you deserve all you get.

Good Day

Kenneth.

Congratulations, you have an opinion
.... Now Go Away

[Updated on: Sat, 12 February 2005 10:35]

MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: AE86 Drift Video Sat, 12 February 2005 10:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CRAB-86 wrote on Sat, 12 February 2005 21:04

turboke10 wrote on Sat, 12 February 2005 19:40

Where do I start?

Good Day

Kenneth.

.... Now Go Away

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
turboke10
Occasional Poster

December 2004
Re: AE86 Drift Video Sat, 12 February 2005 10:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Simon, I appreciate your subjective view on the issue of drifting and that you did not take any comments as a personal attack.

Firstly, I would like to say that I am an advocate for any form of motorsport. Drifting however, is not my cup of tea. But, I do believe in "horses for courses." Good on you for getting out there and having a go at an emerging form of motorsport.

Your first video however may not be the best at attracting potential sponsors in a situation where you may require monetary remuneration. Hopefully you crack the right code when sending audio/visual medium to potential backing parties (advisably, get a paid email account).

It is unfortunate however that the followers of drifting are usually not skilled at their craft, i.e. wanna-be street racers and general wanna-bes in whole.

Lastly, I do hope that you did not posit the idea of actually hitting someone else on the track for any given reason, as this may show a lack of respect or advocate anti-competitive behaviour disliked generally in the motorsport arena.

Lastly-lastly........ Would morons please stop getting numbers plates such as:
DORIFT
DRIFTA
DRIFTR
DRFTRR etc........ This is pure stupidity. One good way also to get pulled over by law enforcement and scrutinised for driving a car used both for street use and track use.

Good Evening

Kenneth.
turboke10
Occasional Poster

December 2004
Re: AE86 Drift Video Sat, 12 February 2005 10:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CRAB-86 wrote

.... Now Go Away

Well, that is one way to dismiss an opinion.

Nice to see that your open to some subjective criticism. Do you have a current CAMS license? I couldn't find drifting in the current CAMS rule book.

Simon is being reasonable enough to discuss the topic rather than dismiss me immaturely. Let's talk normally.

Kenneth.
CRAB-86
Regular

September 2003
Re: AE86 Drift Video Sat, 12 February 2005 11:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
turboke10 wrote on Sat, 12 February 2005 21:48

CRAB-86 wrote

.... Now Go Away

Well, that is one way to dismiss an opinion.

Nice to see that your open to some subjective criticism. Do you have a current CAMS license? I couldn't find drifting in the current CAMS rule book.

Simon is being reasonable enough to discuss the topic rather than dismiss me immaturely. Let's talk normally.

Kenneth.

For a start it wasnt the most Mature conversation to start with. You come into a thread titled 'Drift video, if you dont like drifting, why did u look at the thread in the first place?

Quotes - 'Whatever inbred spastic thought of this pathetic waste of time'
- I suggest that you might want to show your driving skills in an arena where times and real skill count and not the opinion of 200 wanna-be drifting fans.
-Simon, BRO. I just watched your little video and i can positively state without hesitation, that I have not been so bored in my life.

So i dont think you can claim this was mature to begin with.

You also might want to have a closer look at your rule book champ. To the best of my knowledge CAMS is now getting behind drift, and all the drift events i have entered in Adelaide have required a CAMS liscene to attend. Note that i do not have a CAMS liscence but have been able to get day one liscences at these events.

Can you honesly say you have tried going out on a track and 'drifting', i doubt it

Cheers

Leighton (crab-86)

[Updated on: Sat, 12 February 2005 11:07]

b1gb3n
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

June 2004
Re: AE86 Drift Video Sat, 12 February 2005 11:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
just saw the video. good stuff dude. is the red ae86 who spun out a few times (with all due respect its not easy i know) frm here??

and howcome thanks to ae86 comunity in ADELAIDE and not AUSTRALIA wide Mad Mad Mad

just kidding man. its not like i even own a sprinter
turboke10
Occasional Poster

December 2004
AE-86 Video Sat, 12 February 2005 11:20 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
No Message Body

[Updated on: Sat, 12 February 2005 11:23]

Pages (2): [1  2  >  »]   Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Is the 3K a Renualt Engine?
Next Topic:Need info (Cause i'm a dumbass)
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Mon Apr 29 08:01:39 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0072009563446045 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.