Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Members Rides » Jeri's TA22 (Pics)

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Jeri
Regular

April 2004
Jeri's TA22 (Pics) Sat, 12 February 2005 03:58 Go to next message
Here are some pics of my car.... slow progress but its getting there!!! Hope u guys like it...

[Updated on: Mon, 14 February 2005 19:43]

Send a private message to this user    
74gt
Regular

October 2004
Re: Jeri's TA22 Sat, 12 February 2005 05:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
pics don't work Sad
Simon
Forums Junkie

December 2003

Re: Jeri's TA22 Sat, 12 February 2005 05:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Come on jeri!
Simon
Forums Junkie

December 2003

Re: Jeri's TA22 Sat, 12 February 2005 06:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Here she is,

http://server2.uploadit.org/files/sexycunt-IMG_6606.jpg

http://server2.uploadit.org/files/sexycunt-4.jpg

http://server3.uploadit.org/files/sexycunt-IMG_6611.jpg

http://server3.uploadit.org/files/sexycunt-IMG_6612.jpg

dam shes changed over time dude, but you've done an awesome job!
jcmunga
Regular

November 2004
Re: Jeri's TA22 Sat, 12 February 2005 07:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
very nice, what are ya running under the hood???
jeffro RA28
Regular

August 2004
Re: Jeri's TA22 Sat, 12 February 2005 21:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
What size wheels are u running? Did u have any scraping troubles?

Oh btw very nice car. wats the interior like?
Jeri
Regular

April 2004
Re: Jeri's TA22 Sun, 13 February 2005 01:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks Simon for helping with pics
Jeri
Regular

April 2004
Re: Jeri's TA22 Sun, 13 February 2005 02:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Still has the stock 2t automatic engine...... plans for the engine are still in process.... i want something like a 2L turbo or something like that... What would u guys recommend???
Wheels are 17"x7" all around...they do not scrape at all..
forced_induction
Regular

August 2004
Re: Jeri's TA22 Sun, 13 February 2005 04:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
wow thats really horny
74gt
Regular

October 2004
Re: Jeri's TA22 Sun, 13 February 2005 13:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thats such a nice TA22 Very Happy

17x7 !!!!! did you have to flare the guards at all for them to fit? BTW what tyre size are you using?
Jeri
Regular

April 2004
Re: Jeri's TA22 Sun, 13 February 2005 19:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
no i didn't touch the guards..... the only thing i did was change the front studs for longer ones.... tyre size 205/40/17 all around..
riceburna73
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: Jeri's TA22 Mon, 14 February 2005 09:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
very nice mate,I love the 17s its the perfect size for 22s they look great...
Cool1
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Banned User

May 2002

Re: Jeri's TA22 Mon, 14 February 2005 10:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mate that looks very squirtolicious Shocked What profile rubber are you running on those wheels?
Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: Jeri's TA22 Mon, 14 February 2005 10:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i dont NORMALLY like chromies, but in this case.. they look hot
Jeri
Regular

April 2004
Re: Jeri's TA22 Mon, 14 February 2005 19:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

Mate that looks very squirtolicious What profile rubber are you running on those wheels?

Thanks Guys.... yeah 40 series.......... 205/40/17

[Updated on: Mon, 14 February 2005 19:41]

Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: Jeri's TA22 (Pics) Tue, 15 February 2005 01:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
40's on 17's?. wouldnt that be way out of your original overall diameter?
scrote
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Jeri's TA22 (Pics) Tue, 15 February 2005 15:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hot car mate. very clean lines! Shocked
fade-e
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: Jeri's TA22 (Pics) Tue, 15 February 2005 19:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jag7799 wrote on Tue, 15 February 2005 12:32

40's on 17's?. wouldnt that be way out of your original overall diameter?

thats what im thinking. are these legal for the '22?????? actually Rod put up the legal specs for rims on a '22... i gotta find it now

other than that DAMN SEXXXXY... to quote duff man 'OOO YEAH!'

as for motor look into the CA18DET or the 3SGTE

EDIT: found the tyre legal specs...

http://www.toymods.org.au/~rod/Technical%20Info/To yota%20Celica%20TA22%20Tire%20options.doc

[Updated on: Tue, 01 March 2005 15:01]

SIKTA22
Regular

March 2003
Re: Jeri's TA22 (Pics) Tue, 15 February 2005 23:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thats a Shmick TA22, love the chromes as well.. 17s without any guard modification.. AWESOME!

keep up the good work Smile
Jeri
Regular

April 2004
Re: Jeri's TA22 (Pics) Thu, 17 February 2005 08:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

as for motor look into the CA18DET or the 3SGTE

Could anyone tell me how much am I looking for either of these conversions....(Just to give me an idea) What kind of power they put out?
Jeri
Regular

April 2004
Re: Jeri's TA22 (Pics) Tue, 22 February 2005 20:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Has anyone put a SR20 turbo in a TA22???
fade-e
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: Jeri's TA22 (Pics) Tue, 22 February 2005 20:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
the S14 SR20 can fit by moving the radiator to the front of the car but the S15 will require firewall cutting. for some reason it is a bit longer.

the other issue you may face is that SR20s are quite wide in complete form and may be too wide to fit the engine bay
Jeri
Regular

April 2004
Re: Jeri's TA22 (Pics) Fri, 25 March 2005 19:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ok people im really thinking in putting a CA18DET in my car,, cause thats roughly what i can afford.... Anyway i'd like to hear from people that have done this conversion or know of someone that has....what kind of power i can get out of it..? just to see if it is a good idea or not.... Thanks..
fade-e
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: Jeri's TA22 (Pics) Fri, 25 March 2005 21:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
iv never done the conversion or seen it done or know who has done it Confused but i do know a mate of mine has one that was in a 180sx and was getting 450HP at the wheels
esv8
Occasional Poster

April 2004
Re: Jeri's TA22 (Pics) Sun, 27 March 2005 01:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
3SGTE all the way!. More power in stock form than ca or sr. keep it toyota.
time2play
Forums Junkie

On Probation

February 2005
Re: Jeri's TA22 (Pics) Sun, 27 March 2005 04:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
that is dead sexy!!!!!!!
Jeri
Regular

April 2004
Re: Jeri's TA22 (Pics) Sat, 09 July 2005 06:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
high_card_ace
Regular

April 2005
Re: Jeri's TA22 (Pics) Sat, 09 July 2005 07:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ur 22 looks schmick, paintjob is awesome and the body looks straight as! have u darkened ur tail lights? or was that just the lighting of the photo?
i normally dont like modern mags on old school 22's but urs seem to suit it fine
don't go a nissan motor!! keep it toyota, if you can't afford a 3sgte go a 18rgte (will fit fine, dunno bout power tho) or a 1ggte (might be too long, but i think its been done b4).
good luck with it.
ace
nico
Regular

January 2004
Re: Jeri's TA22 (Pics) Sun, 17 July 2005 12:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mate it looks sweeeeeeeeeeet as!!!!
Makes me want my old car "MRTA22" back from some dude in the army in QLD! This makes me want to buy another tomorrow, puck I should have not sold my car at the time!

Ive declared when i get some money end of year its TA22 for me! With a 3tGTEU engine ready to roar!!!!
7mgtema71
Regular

May 2002
Re: Jeri's TA22 (Pics) Mon, 18 July 2005 04:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Who said a 2T/3T hybrid with a turbo upgrade wouldn't punch out 300hp plus. It'll bolt straight in and keep it's authenticity as a classic Celica. They did use turbos in the TA22'S back in the rally days.
BAD_22
Regular

June 2005
Re: Jeri's TA22 (Pics) Fri, 22 July 2005 15:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
http://www.classic-celica.com/modules.php?set_albu mName=BAD22&id=celica_010&op=modload&n ame=gallery&file=index&include=view_photo. php

http://www.classic-celica.com/modules.php?set_albu mName=BAD22&id=celica_016&op=modload&n ame=gallery&file=index&include=view_photo. php

http://www.classic-celica.com/modules.php?set_albu mName=BAD22&id=Luluside&op=modload&nam e=gallery&file=index&include=view_photo.ph p

yeah i got an sr20.
BAD_22
Regular

June 2005
Re: Jeri's TA22 (Pics) Fri, 22 July 2005 15:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
exhaust, cooler, air cleaner and boost to 14psi, stock everything else = 160 rwkw.

dont think it comes cheaply though unless your an engineer.
BAD_22
Regular

June 2005
Re: Jeri's TA22 (Pics) Fri, 22 July 2005 15:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
esv8 wrote on Sun, 27 March 2005 11:20

3SGTE all the way!. More power in stock form than ca or sr. keep it toyota.

are you serious man??? Shocked Shocked Shocked

is that before or after all the headfuks of turning an east- west engine to north - south?

Jeri if your a toyota purist put a toyota engine in it. If your not a purist then do your homework. There are no better 4cyl toyota engines than the sr20det. Not to mention all the off the shelf upgrades you can buy from just about anywhere.

I've said this before but i would have loved nothing more to put a toyota engine in my 22. But i'm not going to go spend all that money and not be happy with it. end of the day i can live with myself with having a nissan engine in a toyota. but i couldn't live with myself if i got wooped by a clubsport. so i am very happy now.

anyway i'm not trying to convince you into doing anything, i actually wish i was the only one with an sr20 in a 22. I like being the black sheep. but as it happens there is a small herd of us "black sheep" Sad Very Happy
BAD_22
Regular

June 2005
Re: Jeri's TA22 (Pics) Fri, 22 July 2005 15:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
fade-e wrote on Wed, 23 February 2005 07:21

the S14 SR20 can fit by moving the radiator to the front of the car but the S15 will require firewall cutting. for some reason it is a bit longer.

the other issue you may face is that SR20s are quite wide in complete form and may be too wide to fit the engine bay

s14 and s15 will be out of your budget i think.

i would love an s15 in there but at 6k for the engine and gearbox package i dont think so even though it is well whorth it.

there is nothing wrong with the s13 mate.

as for the width you can see in my pics that there is no problem with it.

http://www.classic-celica.com/modules.php?set_albu mName=BAD22&id=celica_015&op=modload&n ame=gallery&file=index&include=view_photo. php

hell!! i even had a 302 winsor in there!!!

http://www.classic-celica.com/modules.php?set_albu mName=BAD22&id=lulu5&op=modload&name=g allery&file=index&include=view_photo.php
nico
Regular

January 2004
Re: Jeri's TA22 (Pics) Tue, 26 July 2005 10:37 Go to previous message
bad_22 Mate very nice...

Jeri you inspire me to purchase another ta22 at the end of the year, highly modified and lowered hardcore onto some fat rims. I previously owned MRTA22, a canary yellow monster with a 3TGTEU engine... but sold it back to a guy in the army who took it to QLD unfortunately... i know regret selling it!

Styling ,looked very similar to what i had, but now im on a mission!

Great cars guys!
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Adam_Rolla's Rolla Hatch
Next Topic:Eviltwin's AE82 Twincam
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sat Apr 27 12:42:27 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0087039470672607 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.