Toymods » Tech & Conversions » 7MGTE into a Z20 Soarer

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
DazbaVBZ
Regular

November 2003
icon6.gif  7MGTE into a Z20 Soarer Sat, 12 February 2005 06:37 Go to next message
Hey People ive got a new project i have a Z20 Soarer and i blew the IGGE up in it, since then i have ripped the motor and box(auto) out and im looking forwards 2 puttin a 7MGTE into it, is this possible? Will i have any problems with the turbos hittin anythin, or wrongly shaped sumps etc, if its possible ill go ahead a try 2 find a 7MGTE half cut so i should have everything i need (finger cross) could you please get back 2 me ASAP cheers

[Updated on: Sat, 12 February 2005 06:39]

Send a private message to this user    
Norbie
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: 7MGTE into a Z20 Soarer Sat, 12 February 2005 07:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Get an MZ20/MA70 front cut and it will be plug-and-play.
Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: 7MGTE into a Z20 Soarer Sat, 12 February 2005 09:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
why not just go to the trouble of finding a jza70 half cut and chuck a 1jz into it,
the engine is better(to most people)
a HEAP easier to find than a 7m cut.
and only around 2200 for auto and 3800 for a manual with r154
and it is also completely bolt in
1200det
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: 7MGTE into a Z20 Soarer Sat, 12 February 2005 22:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dont worry about an engine transplant just sell me the shell Rolling Eyes
DazbaVBZ
Regular

November 2003
Re: 7MGTE into a Z20 Soarer Sun, 13 February 2005 03:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I was origionally thinking about puttin a 1jz in it, and then i was talking to one of my mates and he said you had 2 modify the origion cross member to suit, and i know my car series came out with a M series motor as a option i thought the logically choice instead of dicking around trying 2 make a 1jz fit was just go with what works. at the end of the day it all depends on how much i can get a 1/2 cut for and how much work 2 change it over, i have the tools its just which ever i decide i have to do on the ground so its a lot more fun, lol, is the 1jz any wider then the 7M's will i have any trouble with turbos hittin or anythin
cheers
Norbie
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: 7MGTE into a Z20 Soarer Sun, 13 February 2005 04:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The JZA70 crossmember is interchangeable with the xZ20 Soarer, so you swap the crossmember and the engine at the same time and it all fits. The Soarer and Supra are essentially the same car with different bodywork.
DazbaVBZ
Regular

November 2003
Re: 7MGTE into a Z20 Soarer Sun, 13 February 2005 04:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
2 easy mate if i was a more sensible person i would go with the ijz over the 7M wouldnt i, isnt the 1jz only a 2.5L where the 7M is a 3L, why would the 1jz be more sensible then?? is it more balanced, i know there more of a popular motor,
cheers mate if im making any sense
DazbaVBZ
Regular

November 2003
Re: 7MGTE into a Z20 Soarer Sun, 13 February 2005 04:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
also when it comes to manual gear boxes will a R154 or a W58 bolt up and fit into my tranny tunnel with out 2 much difficultly cheers
Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: 7MGTE into a Z20 Soarer Sun, 13 February 2005 05:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
if you buy a 1jz half cut from a jza70 thats already manual, it will all bolt up.. no modification needed, tranny tunnel and all will be fine.
the 1jz is a newer and essentially better designed motor(some people might argue that)
the fact is it just makes more power and more torque, has better response cause of its 2 small turbos
DazbaVBZ
Regular

November 2003
Re: 7MGTE into a Z20 Soarer Sun, 13 February 2005 05:15 Go to previous message
to easy, ill make some call durin the week and see what prices i can get a JZA70 half cut for and then sum it up and see if the finances are enough to do it, cheers mate
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:MA61 heater controls help
Next Topic:2tgeu emission control
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sat May 18 10:02:42 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0047509670257568 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.