Toymods » General Car Talk » My MR2 Car Audio setup install

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
mikey93
Regular

December 2004
icon3.gif  My MR2 Car Audio setup install Mon, 07 February 2005 11:08 Go to next message
Gettin it done over the next few days.

Alpine unit. Components built into the door trims showing the x-overs and speakers.

2 x 10 Punch P2 subs behind the seats taking up the compartments and enough room for the targa panels

what you guys reckon?

[Updated on: Mon, 07 February 2005 12:18]

Send a private message to this user    
pr1nce
Regular

April 2004
Re: My MR2 Car Audio setup install Mon, 07 February 2005 12:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
imagine if you rear ended someone
all that money down the drain
muzzi
Regular

December 2004
Re: My MR2 Car Audio setup install Mon, 07 February 2005 12:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I wish I had some money to spend on my sw20 Sad

Nice setup though Smile
Les
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: My MR2 Car Audio setup install Mon, 07 February 2005 12:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
awesome, now everyone knows whats in ur car and can flog it
djcougar
Forums Junkie

October 2004
Re: My MR2 Car Audio setup install Mon, 07 February 2005 13:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
it looks like a good way to blow a grand
Alchemist
Forums Junkie

January 2003
Re: My MR2 Car Audio setup install Tue, 08 February 2005 11:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sounds nice mate, I'm not so sure about 2 X 10" subs though, but I need all the space I can get so that little bit behind the seats helps out a lot.

For my setup I have Alpine 6" put in the existing from door speaker mounts. Managed to fit Boston Accoustic 6"'s in the back, still mounted using the existing mounts. Coupled up to a single DIN JVC MP3 head unit with a little draw thing underneath to fill in the space. I dont really need subs, the bostons have plenty of bass, and the cabin of a SW20 isn't exactly huge.

Previous owner also had an amp & sub in the boot, the boot of all places Rolling Eyes
old_mr2
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: My MR2 Car Audio setup install Wed, 09 February 2005 23:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
prince, les, cougar

why bother posting?
hotrolla
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: My MR2 Car Audio setup install Wed, 09 February 2005 23:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
That much bass in an mr2 might hurt abit. Post pics of the sub boxes.
Les
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: My MR2 Car Audio setup install Thu, 10 February 2005 02:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
No Message Body

[Updated on: Thu, 10 February 2005 02:35]

Les
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: My MR2 Car Audio setup install Thu, 10 February 2005 02:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
old_mr2 wrote on Thu, 10 February 2005 10:44

prince, les, cougar

why bother posting?

speakin from experience .. and u ?
djcougar
Forums Junkie

October 2004
Re: My MR2 Car Audio setup install Thu, 10 February 2005 06:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
old_mr2 wrote on Thu, 10 February 2005 10:44

prince, les, cougar

why bother posting?

firstly this is a place of dicussion
he was asking what we thought and i said "a good way to blow a grand" because as alot (not all because there are some spoiled brats) us know how hard it is to get a grand. and to spend it all at once on a stereo wouldnt be advisable.

and secondly, all the equipment is not needed for a decent stereo

unless your going to enter into a db drag in which case again you will still be nowhere good enough with that gear, you may aswell keep the price down
EldarO
Forums Junkie

December 2004
Re: My MR2 Car Audio setup install Thu, 10 February 2005 07:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
people earn money to blow money, theres no use in having it if you cant use it, and we all have our ways of using it, so.. just because its not the way you would spend it, its not wise to critisise other peoples choices.

this isnt the way i would spend a grand, but im not complaining because its not my money Smile
Les
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: My MR2 Car Audio setup install Thu, 10 February 2005 13:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
LOL

u notice how the original poster does not even reply ? hahaha
djcougar
Forums Junkie

October 2004
Re: My MR2 Car Audio setup install Fri, 11 February 2005 06:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
EldarO wrote on Thu, 10 February 2005 18:10

people earn money to blow money, theres no use in having it if you cant use it, and we all have our ways of using it, so.. just because its not the way you would spend it, its not wise to critisise other peoples choices.

this isnt the way i would spend a grand, but im not complaining because its not my money Smile

do you see me sticking a gun to his head and telling him not to?
this is my personal opinion in a open discusion forum. so i dont know you critisising my belives and opinions.
smt_007
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: My MR2 Car Audio setup install Fri, 11 February 2005 07:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
am i blind Cool, i cant see it?.
old_mr2
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: My MR2 Car Audio setup install Sat, 12 February 2005 23:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Lets not fight les.

mikey Alpine head units are good. The best in my opinion. How tall are you? If you are over 6 foot you will struggle to get a 10 inch behind the driver seat. Passenger will be OK.

Im running clarion 6 inch speakers and clarion 10 inch woofer PLENTY of bass. Its only a small cabin dont forget. 2 x 10's is almost a little excessive unless you want to win sound off's or whatever. But for cruising the streets 1 10 is fine

good luck post a pic of your setup when its complete
subsonicaudio
Regular

July 2004
Re: My MR2 Car Audio setup install Tue, 15 February 2005 06:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I've got two setups in mine. I'm using the new jvc touch screen mp3/wma player with a fusion 10 stack dvd player, audiobahn 3 way components with the 4" midrange in the stock location the 6" midbass driver in the kickpanels and the tweeter in th a-pillar, no rear fill it's not needed. For sq and normal driving i have a 6" home theatre sub in a small ported box behind the passenger seat powered by an audiobahn 4 channel amp with the other 2 channels powering the components. For spl the small sub is disconnected and i have a 10" audiobahn eternal sub (quad 2 ohm voice coils) in a 4 cubic feet ported enclousure made outa fibreglass that can be put in and taken out of the front boot in ten minutes. I have two fusion jonah luma amps powering this which are located in the rear boot and can be put in and taken out in a matter of seconds. So far I've recorded 149.8 db's from this so don't go sayin that 10" subs can't be used for spl.

feral4mr2
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: My MR2 Car Audio setup install Tue, 15 February 2005 21:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i would like to see pics of that.

subsonicaudio
Regular

July 2004
Re: My MR2 Car Audio setup install Wed, 16 February 2005 07:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
the old pics of the car are at www.cardomian.com, I've put alot of work in since then but... The car is a demo for my shop so we're waiting until brisbane AUTOSALON until we reveal too much.
Also go checkout www.karmeleon.co.uk that's what it should hopefully look like soon.
feral4mr2
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: My MR2 Car Audio setup install Wed, 16 February 2005 10:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i will be in brissie for a couple days at the start of next month before i set off on my trip, where is your shop? i would love to have a look at your set-up. also reading your siggy, what HP are you putting out with that collection of bits?

sorry bout the hi-jack mikey. Smile
subsonicaudio
Regular

July 2004
Re: My MR2 Car Audio setup install Thu, 17 February 2005 05:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I need to update my location I'm in a town called Kingaroy the shops easy to find it down haly st behind the massive peanut silos its called "Sub Sonic Automitive & Audio". (By the way for all toymods admin I'm not tryin to advertise or sell my products on your fine website i know how you guys feel about that.) Hp is unknown as the ae101 pistons were not up to the job and decided to fall to pieces on the dyno before we could really get a decent figure. @ 5 psi without the nos it was makin 149 rrkw so hopefull it should make 200 when the new pistons and injectors go in.
Clown
Forums Junkie

September 2002

Re: My MR2 Car Audio setup install Thu, 17 February 2005 13:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i had 2 alpine v12 amps, a set of Clarion splits and was looking at a bass tube setup to go into my aw11. I canned the idea and the amp's and speakers have gone elsewhere.
mikey93
Regular

December 2004
Re: My MR2 Car Audio setup install Fri, 18 February 2005 22:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
les mate replying to what?

i've got some money to spend on a decent sound system. i've had afew in different cars before and decided to upgrade alittle.

i used to buy all my gear from strathfield for sound sounds. but it didnt cut it the gear was pioneer, kenwood, sony.. i didnt know what to buy i thought the 6x9's with big doof doof of 400w was ok but distorted even with amps. so ive learnt my lessons and know what to look for when designing sound systems.

ive only gotten the time to read now im not on the internet 24/7 and have work and a life to live. an hour or two on the weekend is all i have to read up on the internet to spare. so i dont know what you find so funny?

im not trying to show off or anything and yes earning 1k is hard.. but i've saved up some money for awhile like you do if you want something.

subsonicaudio thats one wicked system mate! good job on all that work

[Updated on: Fri, 18 February 2005 22:42]

boudan
Regular

June 2003
Re: My MR2 Car Audio setup install Fri, 18 February 2005 23:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
OVERKILL Razz

You'll be pissing blood if you attempt to turn that puppy up.. haha... 2 x 10" in a 2.5 cubic meter space, you could almost use ur cabin as the sub box...

Ur gonna be mighty happy with the bass - cause u wont need to get anywhere near distortion level...

Flashy head units and subs dont mean a thing if u havent got serious amps... $800 +

Good luck with it...
Farkurnell
Regular

February 2005

Re: My MR2 Car Audio setup install Sat, 19 February 2005 00:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
What's wrong with just having a transistor radio on the front seat tuned to 2WS? It'd save thousands of dollars. Confused
time2play
Forums Junkie

On Probation

February 2005
Re: My MR2 Car Audio setup install Sat, 19 February 2005 07:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
2WS isn't really the shiznit Razz you need bass and noise pollution when cruising. speaking of silly set-ups a mate of mine threw 2 15s in a charade hatch......... Bass to some is addictive
PYSCO1
Newcomer

February 2005
Re: My MR2 Car Audio setup install Mon, 21 February 2005 22:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
subsonicaudio wrote on Thu, 17 February 2005 16:52

I need to update my location I'm in a town called Kingaroy the shops easy to find it down haly st behind the massive peanut silos its called "Sub Sonic Automitive & Audio". (By the way for all toymods admin I'm not tryin to advertise or sell my products on your fine website i know how you guys feel about that.) Hp is unknown as the ae101 pistons were not up to the job and decided to fall to pieces on the dyno before we could really get a decent figure. @ 5 psi without the nos it was makin 149 rrkw so hopefull it should make 200 when the new pistons and injectors go in.

Hi, there......hey I will be visiting Kingaroy for a few weeks, how can I find your shop? I have some friends who live over there I asked them but they haven't heard of you. I know where Haly St is and naturally the big silos in town, but can you post an address......would like to check out the awsome MR2 that you mentioned....I am a big fan of modded cars.....also saw you posted that you hit 159+ db with 3 10 FJL-1011's with only 2 FP-402's impressive, which comp did you take out this panel beaters trophy......would love to see a website, or some pics of the car you achieved this in....and have you got any pics of your work.....I am looking at getting something for my 1985 Gemini....what do you sugest.....I want to compete in SQL...

Who are you the authorised dealer for......I know there is Alpine & Kenwood dealer in town, but I am not a big fan of these.....do you have much competition out your way

[Updated on: Mon, 21 February 2005 23:03]

fatmr2
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: My MR2 Car Audio setup install Thu, 24 February 2005 09:18 Go to previous message
time2play wrote on Sat, 19 February 2005 18:28

speaking of silly set-ups a mate of mine threw 2 15s in a charade hatch......... Bass to some is addictive

Was the number plate "ondlow" ?
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Gymkhana videos in japan with a few toyotas
Next Topic:Taniguici's IS220-R ....... D1
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sun Apr 28 20:44:03 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0062909126281738 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.