Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Tech & Conversions » AE86 Dash constructo!

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
EldarO
Forums Junkie

December 2004
AE86 Dash constructo! Sat, 12 February 2005 12:32 Go to next message
if any of you have rebuilt a bare shell, youve done what im thinking of doing, but, i have a few issues i need made crystal clear before i do anything...

Mechanically, im set, i have help from mates and a fully qualified mechanic with all the tools and shit..

Interior is all a bolt up affair and i have that all set.. except one thing, the freaking DASH! ive never actually been inside a built ae86, so i need to know eactly what is behind what you see... when you take the dash facade off, what eaxactly needs to be done to take it off/put it back on..
ive seen a shell stripped back to the firewall so i dont see how the hell the thing is bolted to the car...

another issue i have is the wiring loom, and mainly the fusebox... are any fuseboxes a viable option, or does it specifically have to be an ae86 one, and wiring up the car, is it a job i can give someone a carton or two and have them map everything out for me, and i just go through and solder up the proper connections..

thanks heaps fellas!

Eldar.O.
  Send a private message to this user    
DRFT - 86
Regular

February 2005
Re: AE86 Dash constructo! Sat, 12 February 2005 13:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
the dash is held in place by...(I think).....4 bolts/some nuts(2 I think) and some screws..........behind the clock trim panel/and other vents aswell as underneath the dash.....The workshop manuel helps.....have fun
EldarO
Forums Junkie

December 2004
Re: AE86 Dash constructo! Sat, 12 February 2005 13:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
im curently sorting through the tech docs section of the toymods site, ive printed out 25 pages for all the wiring diagrams.

and will look at the section that relates to the dash..

to clarify my orginal question, is there an underlying skeleton that holds all the dash components on? is it possible to take the whole dash out of one car, and just bolt it on to another? excluding all the wiring of course...

cheers,

Eldar.O.
Bobski
Regular

I Supported Toymods

May 2004
Re: AE86 Dash constructo! Sun, 13 February 2005 04:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
the first section around the dials is held on by the metal nut thing under the circular switches....its easy to miss i guess....but its all pretty easy....just dont yank on it when there is still screws left cos that 20 year old plastik cracks easy Rolling Eyes im fixing up my rear end now but i cant wait to get to the dash.... Confused

good luck

Adam
Tomoki
Newcomer

February 2005
Re: AE86 Dash constructo! Sun, 13 February 2005 08:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hello, I don't really know about the technical information, but is it possible to swap the digital meter to an analog meter?

I'm referring to the Japanese model AE86s, and I'm assuming that its plug and play, but since I don't really know about the mechanics, I have the queries.

Will there be any problems in the process? Like changing factory parts? Also, will it lead to technical problems (like the computer?)

I'm sorry if the questions trouble anyone or sound un-technical.

Thank you.
d-shiznit
Regular

May 2004
Re: AE86 Dash constructo! Sun, 13 February 2005 08:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
You can't just unplug the digital dash and plug in an analogue.. The plugs are different and you will also need a different fuel sender.

There is a wiring conversion diagram I have a copy of if you want.
EldarO
Forums Junkie

December 2004
Re: AE86 Dash constructo! Sun, 13 February 2005 12:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Tomoki wrote on Sun, 13 February 2005 16:16

Hello, I don't really know about the technical information, but is it possible to swap the digital meter to an analog meter?

I'm referring to the Japanese model AE86s, and I'm assuming that its plug and play, but since I don't really know about the mechanics, I have the queries.

Will there be any problems in the process? Like changing factory parts? Also, will it lead to technical problems (like the computer?)

I'm sorry if the questions trouble anyone or sound un-technical.

Thank you.

i fail to see what this is doing in my thread?
Tomoki
Newcomer

February 2005
Re: AE86 Dash constructo! Sun, 13 February 2005 15:06 Go to previous message
sorry about that, I saw 'dash' and thought I might find some people that will know more about the dash than anywhere else.

Thanks, its cleared things up for me, sorry for the trouble.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:3sgte timing belt cover
Next Topic:Anyone intrested...18r-c aircon, Fitted to 18r-g using original 18r-c brackets?
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sun May 12 09:22:26 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.005479097366333 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.