Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » The Outhouse » anyone know a thing or two aboot tennis racquets?

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
bigg willie style
Forums Junkie

October 2003
anyone know a thing or two aboot tennis racquets? Fri, 21 January 2005 07:24 Go to next message
my rackets handle broke (dunlop $250 racquet!!) after only 3 years of use. now i need a new one, as i dont think its wise to repair the handle, because it will probably just be weak and break.

anyway, does anyone have any reccomendations? as i dont have any idea on what is good and what is just expensive. i wont spend any more than 200, and i will probably only spend 150-180. i was looking at a couple of prince racquets, like this
http://rebelsport.com.au/?action=view&id=70153 0

and some other similar to these
http://rebelsport.com.au/?action=view&id=70157 9

& wtf is babolat? - http://rebelsport.com.au/?action=view&id=70212 7

or does anyone know of some brands to stay away from in the $100-$200 price range?

thanks
Will

[Updated on: Fri, 21 January 2005 07:25]

Send a private message to this user    
BlackMR2
Regular

December 2004
Re: anyone know a thing or two aboot tennis racquets? Fri, 21 January 2005 07:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I played comp tennis for many many years and i always liked Head raquets.

you're from melb so i'd suggest going to sportsmart and getting a crazy runout price on a raquet there. you should be able to get a better deal than at rebel sport.

for $180ish you'll get a sweet raquet.

maybe go to another raquet seller first where you can try different stuff out to get a feel for what brands you like.

prince are good, as are head, some wilson stuff, yonex etc.

then look at whether you want a control raquet or a power raquet (although different stringing will get you a balance of this). Also consider the style of game you play in regards to the head size of the raquet.

just go with what feels good and then once you get the idea and a preferred brand etc, go to sportsmart and grab a bargain!
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: anyone know a thing or two aboot tennis racquets? Fri, 21 January 2005 08:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Definitly try some out!!!!

I will say tho, imho, babolat have the best mid ranged racquets out there. not the one you were looking at, that's a bit cheap.. their upper models have an amazing feel to them.

personal choice of course, and depends what you wanna spend - I got those cheap (being a coach - wholesale prices and such), but i think they retailed for a litlte over 200? or maybe it was 250?
b1gb3n
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

June 2004
Re: anyone know a thing or two aboot tennis racquets? Fri, 21 January 2005 08:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
damn u draven why cant u be in melb and gimme a job Mad

as for racquets, try out ur frens racquets and look for it in a shop. always try em out first. do u like stiff racquets or not-stiff racquets??

if u like stiff ones i would recomend dunlop 300G. the 200G is good too but too stiff for my liking. it all depends on what kinda feel u want and what kinda game u play.

draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: anyone know a thing or two aboot tennis racquets? Fri, 21 January 2005 08:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ps - our clinic was sponsored by head, but fave racquets were babolat... just to give you an idea Smile
ShiRi
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: anyone know a thing or two aboot tennis racquets? Fri, 21 January 2005 08:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i have two wilson sledgehammers... i'd never use anything else as long i live... best racquet i've ever had the pleasure of using
BlackMR2
Regular

December 2004
Re: anyone know a thing or two aboot tennis racquets? Fri, 21 January 2005 08:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
wilson hammers.... ahahah

they are like the tennis equivalent of deep dish rims Very Happy
b1gb3n
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

June 2004
Re: anyone know a thing or two aboot tennis racquets? Fri, 21 January 2005 08:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
watch out for volleys with those sledgehammers
ShiRi
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: anyone know a thing or two aboot tennis racquets? Fri, 21 January 2005 08:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
its hard to miss with sledgehammers Very Happy
b1gb3n
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

June 2004
Re: anyone know a thing or two aboot tennis racquets? Fri, 21 January 2005 09:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hard to miss the fence id say Cool
Kimber
Occasional Poster

Banned Again

January 2005
Re: anyone know a thing or two aboot tennis racquets? Fri, 21 January 2005 09:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I had a dunlop one once, it cost me like 25 bucks, that was a champion little run-about untill an...well we'll call it an "unfortunate event"...happened.
b1gb3n
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

June 2004
Re: anyone know a thing or two aboot tennis racquets? Fri, 21 January 2005 09:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
try to stay away frm titanium rackets. they crack easily. i get the shivers whenever i string a high tension head titanium
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: anyone know a thing or two aboot tennis racquets? Fri, 21 January 2005 11:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
wilson hammer is teh crap

right now, as makers go, wilson and babolat are your best bets. prince has had a couple of bad runs in the past couple of years. I cant comment on their latest tho
b1gb3n
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

June 2004
Re: anyone know a thing or two aboot tennis racquets? Fri, 21 January 2005 16:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i remember the prince michael chang racket b4 the longer ones came about. sweet ass!! too bad they dont make it anymore

i also had the first michael chang graphite one with one inch extension. had 3 of em cracked all 3 of em

another nice one is the wilson classic 6.1
the one stefan edberg used. last me a long time b4 the racket head cracked and handle crack on the other one Crying or Very Sad

now im with dunlop 300G!! 30% off frm my mate back home Laughing

man most of my rackets were stiff ones. nowander my shoulder hurts when i serve nowadays Confused
Fujiwara_ToFu
Regular

March 2004

Re: anyone know a thing or two aboot tennis racquets? Fri, 21 January 2005 19:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
You shoulder hurts cuz ur FAT Very Happy

From alllll the alcohol. I can prove it too... here's a sneak peak Very Happy

BIGBEN IN THE HEIGHT OF HIS TENNIS GLORY.

Sorry ben, you knew this was gonna happen. Jase and i have been planning this picture to be posted for a very long time... wait til i convert the movie file Laughing but that's another story for another day.

-Jay

http://img43.exs.cx/img43/9353/p01162340078hm.jpg

http://img43.exs.cx/img43/6193/p01162340378ok.jpg
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: anyone know a thing or two aboot tennis racquets? Fri, 21 January 2005 22:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
eheheheheheheehehehehe
BlackSupra
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: anyone know a thing or two aboot tennis racquets? Fri, 21 January 2005 22:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ha......ben = 0wn3d
b1gb3n
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

June 2004
Re: anyone know a thing or two aboot tennis racquets? Sat, 22 January 2005 04:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
fujiwara: I KNOW WHERE U LIVE Mad Mad
Kimber
Occasional Poster

Banned Again

January 2005
Re: anyone know a thing or two aboot tennis racquets? Sat, 22 January 2005 06:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
lol.... Ben wakes up the next morning and finds a "breakfast of the champions" sign on that bin. Being the champion ben is.... Laughing
b1gb3n
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

June 2004
Re: anyone know a thing or two aboot tennis racquets? Sat, 22 January 2005 07:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ben woke up the next morning and wondered who da fark puked next to my bed Mad Mad
Fujiwara_ToFu
Regular

March 2004

Re: anyone know a thing or two aboot tennis racquets? Sat, 22 January 2005 10:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hahahah it's actually true.

he was so delusioned saying "who the f#@k put that bucket of puke next to me?!" the next morning.

then i showed him the photos

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

0wn3d himself Very Happy Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

-Jay
b1gb3n
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

June 2004
Re: anyone know a thing or two aboot tennis racquets? Sat, 22 January 2005 19:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Fujiwara_ToFu wrote on Sat, 22 January 2005 21:14

hahahah it's actually true.

he was so delusioned saying "who the f#@k put that bucket of puke next to me?!" the next morning.

then i showed him the photos

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

0wn3d himself Very Happy Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

-Jay

gee i wonder who had to drag my ass out of the house at 2am coz SOMEBODY didnt have change for parking machine Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
styler
Forums Junkie

October 2004
Re: anyone know a thing or two aboot tennis racquets? Sun, 23 January 2005 13:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message

i have a head raquet, id recommend them Very Happy , and wilson
sledgehammers too. i had a titanium once too, was ok
but cracked Rolling Eyes
4AGE
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: anyone know a thing or two aboot tennis racquets? Sun, 13 February 2005 07:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I heard about this thread last night.

Jay u care to post up more photos minus me?

Or at least zip up the files and send them to me?

Laughing
b1gb3n
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

June 2004
Re: anyone know a thing or two aboot tennis racquets? Sun, 13 February 2005 07:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
4AGE wrote on Sun, 13 February 2005 18:45

I heard about this thread last night.

Jay u care to post up more photos minus me?

Or at least zip up the files and send them to me?

Laughing

post 4age's pics as well jay!

be a man!! do the right thing!!
Choony_AE86
Forums Junkie

May 2004

Re: anyone know a thing or two aboot tennis racquets? Sun, 13 February 2005 08:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Laughing Laughing

bens kodak moment has been revealed!

Jay post up the video u took that night aswell Very Happy

dont worry benny boy, only in due time till u can get some dirt on them back hehe

-Choony
4AGE
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: anyone know a thing or two aboot tennis racquets? Sun, 13 February 2005 09:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hahaha. No need to post up anymore. Just send them to me for my personal enjoyment.

Be a man? U drank like a boy! Lol Very Happy
Fujiwara_ToFu
Regular

March 2004

Re: anyone know a thing or two aboot tennis racquets? Sun, 13 February 2005 12:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
this thread has gone way way way out of topic!!!

b1gb3n here btw. cant be stuffed resigning into my account
bigg willie style
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: anyone know a thing or two aboot tennis racquets? Sun, 13 February 2005 15:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
on topic, i ended up getting this racquet, 150 at sportsmart, was marked down from 350 (im a bit sceptical on that). it fits me well, and i have been playing much better with it. btw, my old racquet was a dunlop revelation (??? peice of shit) the head was fucking huge.

new racquet - http://www.princetennis.com/product/product_detail .asp?categoryid=37&product=564
b1gb3n
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

June 2004
Re: anyone know a thing or two aboot tennis racquets? Sun, 13 February 2005 16:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bigg willie style wrote on Mon, 14 February 2005 02:33

on topic, i ended up getting this racquet, 150 at sportsmart, was marked down from 350 (im a bit sceptical on that). it fits me well, and i have been playing much better with it. btw, my old racquet was a dunlop revelation (??? peice of shit) the head was fucking huge.

new racquet - http://www.princetennis.com/product/product_detail .asp?categoryid=37&product=564

u got the prince??
u notice its a girls racket?? Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
bigg willie style
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: anyone know a thing or two aboot tennis racquets? Mon, 14 February 2005 03:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Confused didnt think there was such a thing outside of junior racquets with pink colour schemes.
b1gb3n
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

June 2004
Re: anyone know a thing or two aboot tennis racquets? Mon, 14 February 2005 04:08 Go to previous message
actually there isnt really such a thing. "ladies" racket are generally the less stiff rackets and slightly lighter. still beats those funky triangular shaped ones.

i use to fancy the wilson that steffi graf used Embarassed
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:High Octane DVD Series - Opinions
Next Topic:new avatar...
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Wed May 15 16:17:24 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.031479120254517 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.