Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Tech & Conversions » 89 Corolla Seca replacement engine.

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
nudes
Regular

October 2004
89 Corolla Seca replacement engine. Sat, 12 February 2005 02:18 Go to next message
Not looking for performance just a replacement engine as the standard 4AFC has possibly had the dick.

I'm interested in investigating the option of possibly 4AFE or even 7AFE. Its currently 4AFC.

I was thinking wreckers but i thought i'd just jump on here and ask first in case any one knew of a better place to find a replacement STANDARD engine.

Cheers
  Send a private message to this user    
towe_001
Forums Junkie

August 2004
Re: 89 Corolla Seca replacement engine. Sun, 13 February 2005 06:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah the wreckers sound like a good place to start from.
But as a side note have a look at the prices for the 4a-fe and compare that to a 4age. You'll be in for a shock and a half more so cause its without ECU .....
nudes
Regular

October 2004
Re: 89 Corolla Seca replacement engine. Sun, 13 February 2005 20:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

as a side note have a look at the prices for the 4a-fe and compare that to a 4age

Really? I was anticipating around $500 - $600 for a complete engine and gearbox considering 4AGE prices. Wishing i hadnt sold my 20v now Embarassed What sort of price am i actualy looking at?
towe_001
Forums Junkie

August 2004
Re: 89 Corolla Seca replacement engine. Mon, 14 February 2005 00:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah thats what i thought as well, lower spec more common etc. But about $750 for a 4afc no carby and no dizzy or $500 plus change over same deal for the 4afe .
Have a look in the local trading post or classifieds.
It'd be cheaper to go for the 4age.
Another option is if you can cope with the car off the road for a while is to rebuild the motor.
nudes
Regular

October 2004
Re: 89 Corolla Seca replacement engine. Mon, 14 February 2005 09:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The thing with this car is i'm trying to move away from tinkering with the bastards so i figured a straight swap would be just as easy as rebuilding.

Thanks for the advice mate. just what the doctor ordered, i'll start looking around some classifieds and get in touch with some contacts before i go looking around the wreckers.

Cheers
nudes
Regular

October 2004
Re: 89 Corolla Seca replacement engine. Mon, 14 February 2005 09:57 Go to previous message
hmmm just had a think as to whether i missed saying anything in that post and figured i'd have to go 20v to get it engineered. Or is there a 4AGE (non-20v) that they used after 89? Razz

Thats just a prick then innit. I had an '89 silvertop 20v and a heap of parts sitting on a pallet about 2 months ago Embarassed

I'm tired of feeling stupid Sad
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:changing timing belt on 1j
Next Topic:Replacing MTEU motor with 5ME, Distributor wiring.
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sat May 11 20:40:17 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0046541690826416 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.