Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
coFF33
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Engine not firing Mon, 14 February 2005 01:59 Go to next message
Hey all ... started her up this morning absolutely fine reversed her out to do the oil change/stereo install. first things first i took out the original stereo (un plugged etcetc) then my sister asks for a lift to work so i screw in the plastic bits of the dash again just to make sure they dont fly around etc. and go to start her

RARARARARARARARARARARARARARA .......

RArararararrararARARARARARARARA.......

nothing

so now my celica is in the middle of my driveway and no one else can get out ive checked all the fuses in the box at the front and also the ones in the dash... ive re-installed the original stereo and basically the whole car is back to the way it was this morn.

i used jumper cables from my corolla to the celica
so its not the batt...

still i have the RARARARARARARARARARARAR ....

like it sounds like normal but there is just no

ZIPPP VRRROOMMMMMM!!.....

if u know what i mean.... what else should i check ... if the fueses are fine ?

help guys ive only had this car for 3 days and already this ... Sad

[Updated on: Mon, 14 February 2005 02:16]

Send a private message to this user    
coFF33
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: Engine not firing Mon, 14 February 2005 02:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
could it be the fuel pump ... if so where is it ? and what should i do ?
SilverGhost
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: Engine not firing Mon, 14 February 2005 02:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
If the only thing you have touched are electrics then i would check all your fuses, fusible links and relays etc. Use the check connector to check your fuel pump is working etc..

its gotta be either no fuel, or no spark...
coFF33
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: Engine not firing Mon, 14 February 2005 03:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
SG ... how do i exactly check the fuel pump .. ive never owned a EFI car before ... do i just follow the leads from my EFI box in the engine to the rear ?

http://members.iinet.net.au/~richo99/images/DSCN3460.JPG

all the fuses are fine .. i havent blown anything obvious.
SilverGhost
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: Engine not firing Mon, 14 February 2005 03:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
What kind of engine is that?? looks quite similar in design to the nissan CA20E. Unfortunately I have no experience with your particualr engine, but being EFI there should be some kind of check connector, no matter how rudimentary, for diagnostic purposes.

Looking at the engine bay pic its hard to say where it might be, but in your case it will most likely be a connector that isnt connected to anything hanging off the main wiring loom. If you have a wiring diagram or manual for you particular model it should outline which connectors to bridge in order to check your fuel pump is working.

With regards to spark test take the coil lead off the head of the distributor and hold the end of the lead around 5-10mm from an earth point i.e. your suspension tower bolts and get some to crank the engine very briefly. If there is a sprak then your electrics should be ok, and if you havent touched your leads or plugs then it must be a fuel problem...
Bugman
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Engine not firing Mon, 14 February 2005 03:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
it'll be a big blue wire down the side of the car on the drivers side.
it runs to a big black relay in the drivers kick panel
coFF33
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: Engine not firing Mon, 14 February 2005 04:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
close this GODDAMN thread now ...

guys ... its a 3 day old car for me... and i havent learned about it ... but in the glove box my Girlfriend found a switch the oher night ....

and this morn
when i was installing this stereo
i flipped it ....

it was a illegal immobilizer ... shorts out the starter motor in a fuxored way ...

so yer .. ive flipped it back on .. and shes sweet again
Sad

how embarrising ...

cheers for all the help though Razz
Allan
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Engine not firing Mon, 14 February 2005 05:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Actualy it cuts out the coil! i can clearly see the speaker cable used todo it runing thru your engine bay!

FUGLY!! may also introduce ignition noise into the radio depending on what wire it cuts out.

not like anyone would steal an RA65 anyway Razz Very Happy
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Engine not firing Mon, 14 February 2005 09:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
By the way that engine is a 22re
brett_celicacoupe
Forums Junkie

February 2004
Re: Engine not firing Mon, 14 February 2005 10:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
that does look dodgy; that speaker wire running to the coil. probly actually makin the coil loose voltage Rolling Eyes
best to just do away with it altogether

why are the immobilisers illegal???
i have a home made one that isolates the starter motor wire from the ignition.......is that illegal??

brett
SilverGhost
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: Engine not firing Tue, 15 February 2005 01:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sweet as, now i know what a 22RE looks like hehe
Maurice c
Regular

February 2004
Re: Engine not firing Tue, 15 February 2005 01:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mate I seriously reccomend that you return this addition to OEM. Its just begging to go wrong on you on a dark night when you dont have a torch or tools. A JAycar immobiliser isnt that dear and works good. My brother spend a fair bit of time trying to find a fault in the ignition caused by a similar but better hidden set-up. Hes a Pro Mech in a Rally level Garage not a partimer like me.
Maurice c
Regular

February 2004
Re: Engine not firing Tue, 15 February 2005 01:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mate I seriously reccomend that you return this addition to OEM. Its just begging to go wrong on you on a dark night when you dont have a torch or tools. A JAycar immobiliser isnt that dear and works good. My brother spend a fair bit of time trying to find a fault in the ignition caused by a similar but better hidden set-up. Hes a Pro Mech in a Rally level Garage not a partimer like me.
Maurice c
Regular

February 2004
Re: Engine not firing Tue, 15 February 2005 01:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Engine not firing Tue, 15 February 2005 02:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
whoa triple post Shocked
Maurice c
Regular

February 2004
Re: Engine not firing Tue, 15 February 2005 02:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sorry guys the screen stuck and I though that it didnt post, Please delete, I wasnt trying to make a point. Thanks.
coFF33
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: Engine not firing Tue, 15 February 2005 08:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
lol .... well really in WA anything that isnt "legitly" government approved and installed without a "licence to do so"

is an illegal immobilizer .. which means

a) you can get a yellow lickie if the cops see it
or
b) you cannot sell the vehicle without one (even though this guy i bought it off did)

meh ... im getting one tomrow so i can get it rego'ed under my name.
towe_001
Forums Junkie

August 2004
Re: Engine not firing Tue, 15 February 2005 09:35 Go to previous message
Its only illegal if they know about it and see it.
Which can also be said about the car thieves.

Add some driving lights to the car and hide its switch or just wire the lights in with the factory lights and use the aftermarket (Narva) light switch as the immobilizer switch.

Just ideas thats all
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:4 AGE
Next Topic:eibach springs height question
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Tue May 14 16:54:36 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0067179203033447 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.