Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » General Car Talk » rofl check out these comments on drift.

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
bathurst-91
Forums Junkie

April 2004

rofl check out these comments on drift. Sat, 05 February 2005 11:24 Go to next message
http://www.big-boys.com/articles/racedrift.html

check out the comments about the video below. Kind of an extreme version of some of the old doods on here Laughing *runs away*

" OMG japanese people are so annoying! "

"The track isnt wet. The cars are actually SET UP this way and quite frankly, its ****ing gay. You could hop into a Geo Metro and out run either of those cars just by keeping your tires stuck to the pavement, which is why Japense racing is homosexual. "

"WTF! Yeah, the driftings cool to watch, but I hope the race only lasts one lap, because they wouldnt have enough rubber left to do a second lap!!! Aussie V8 Supercars would go pass them in a heartbeat, without all the drifting. "

Ahh I love ignorance.

[Updated on: Sat, 05 February 2005 11:25]

Send a private message to this user    
Conquest
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: rofl check out these comments on drift. Sat, 05 February 2005 12:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
A couple more choice comments Shocked
Quote:

Is that silver ride a 90 seris accord, or a 90 seris acura legend

Quote:

Fake. The steering wheels is on the wrong side of the car

Clown
Forums Junkie

September 2002

Re: rofl check out these comments on drift. Sat, 05 February 2005 13:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hahahahahahaha
driftae86
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: rofl check out these comments on drift. Sat, 05 February 2005 14:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
can someone please register on that site and tell them that they are stupid fu*king morons.

fake...my ass

arrrrggghh, it just gets me so angry reading those comments! Mad
thu187
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: rofl check out these comments on drift. Sat, 05 February 2005 14:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The thing that probably confused some of the wankers in the comments section is that up the top it says drift racing.
Does this mean just drifting around the track or drifting but trying to be the first one across the line (although that seems unlikely).
I assume it's just drifting and very nice drifting at that!
It's funny how they don't know what cars they are Laughing
rthy
Forums Junkie

January 2004
wtf is a jabber? a punch line?
Re: rofl check out these comments on drift. Sat, 05 February 2005 14:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
this shit has some funny videos
http://www.big-boys.com/articles/disturbhusband.ht ml

http://www.big-boys.com/articles/bmwdrift.html
Quote:

bmw 525s never had v6s they had straight 6s how do you know drifting was invented by americans? just because you have sprint cars, doesnt mean you invented drifting you silly little buttplug. id also like to see someone drift a civic like that, somebody obviously doesnt know their fwd from their rwd!

Quote:

for all you ****ed up europeons, americans invented drifting do you knuckleheads know what a sprint car is? did`nt think so... its "drifting at 140 MPH on dirt.

http://www.big-boys.com/articles/fastvan.htmlhttp: //www.big-boys.com/articles/smalltobig.html

[Updated on: Sat, 05 February 2005 15:18]

Clown
Forums Junkie

September 2002

Re: rofl check out these comments on drift. Sat, 05 February 2005 15:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hahahah americans, the dumbest nation of them all
CRAB-86
Regular

September 2003
Re: rofl check out these comments on drift. Sat, 05 February 2005 21:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Im in tears Laughing Laughing Laughing
Go America Go Laughing
bathurst-91
Forums Junkie

April 2004

Re: rofl check out these comments on drift. Sat, 05 February 2005 21:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

for all you ****ed up europeons, americans invented drifting do you knuckleheads know what a sprint car is? did`nt think so... its "drifting at 140 MPH on dirt.

OMG!!! Make it stop ^ thats the lamest thing Ive heard in awhile.

thu187> Theres no such thing as drift racing. Thats why for the most part theyre reffered to as 'battles'. Because its simply not a race.
Smile
Fr3aK
Regular

January 2005
Re: rofl check out these comments on drift. Sun, 06 February 2005 02:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
You think the yanks are bad!?!?

Check this thread out...

http://ozdat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3815&po stdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

Read through it. Some people just can't listen No No No
matt_84
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: rofl check out these comments on drift. Sun, 06 February 2005 06:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
No offence freak, but fom what I can read, you were the first guy to start getting personal about your opinion ie. telling people there heads were up their asses and calling them dickheads. Most of the others expressed an opinion, which, although contrary to your own, in a relatively respectful manner.
RWDboy
Forums Junkie

July 2002
Re: rofl check out these comments on drift. Sun, 06 February 2005 07:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah - I was going to say the same thing. Drifting is cool - but perhaps you took it a bit far Razz
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: rofl check out these comments on drift. Sun, 06 February 2005 08:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i like this comment too

"drifting was invented by american muscle cars u think that is hard try the real ballzy drifting in rally racing now that is real drifting american muscle set the foundation for all that **** the could drift just by hammering the acceloratorand turning a corner"

Fr3aK
Regular

January 2005
Re: rofl check out these comments on drift. Sun, 06 February 2005 08:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Read it again. They started on me.

"Pro240c"

what the hell kind of driving skill does drift involve? nothing a good rally/circuit/street racer can't do. it's just basic power induced oversteer.

drift is a "sport" for amateurs who don't have the balls to take it to the track and have to deal with that sh1t at 150kph+

it's just a vent for amateurs with pretty paint and lotsa plastic.

Quote:

A big round of applause for Pro240C

I couldn't have said it better myself.

Sorry, but i found this offensive and responded in turn. When someone is so ignorant like that, it pisses me off.
Yes it was over the top, but that's how i felt at the time. Luckily we're all grown-ups and i'm over it now.

You can't tell me you agree with them though?

Come to think of it, i should've just laughed it off, but my "decide-o-meter" came up Twisted Evil .

[Updated on: Sun, 06 February 2005 08:13]

RWDboy
Forums Junkie

July 2002
Re: rofl check out these comments on drift. Sun, 06 February 2005 08:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well I don't entirely agree with you, I'll say that much. It's just stupid to have debates about which motorsport is the best, or requires the most 'skill' or who has the biggest nuts. I like rallying, that's my thing, but I don't assume that because I'm more rally-focussed that I am a better person than some drifter. It's all just pass-times, I don't think it really changes who you are.

For example - you like to argue -> that is what I would call a character trait, that you also like drifting doesn't change whether you wanna argue or not Razz
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: rofl check out these comments on drift. Sun, 06 February 2005 08:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
150km sidways would be enough to scare the shit out of most people i thinks (i know i would be sh*ttin bricks)even some racing drivers
jcmunga
Regular

November 2004
Re: rofl check out these comments on drift. Sun, 06 February 2005 09:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thats gold Laughing
i didnt know people could be so oblivious to the rest of the motoring world and think that they know whats goin on.

[Updated on: Sun, 06 February 2005 09:07]

b1gb3n
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

June 2004
Re: rofl check out these comments on drift. Sun, 06 February 2005 09:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

FAKE If you look closely youll see that those are actually slot cars with little Japanese men racing them. It still puzzles me as to how they managed to fit a camera in those tiny cars. Hmmmm..... well, still fake.

Quote:

Thats the worst commentary Ive ever heard. You cant even understand one damn word. Also, the picture is reversed, it makes it look like those guys are on the wrong side of the car.

4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: rofl check out these comments on drift. Sun, 06 February 2005 10:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
it is hard to imagine that anyone could be that stupid
jesseT18
Forums Junkie

February 2004
Re: rofl check out these comments on drift. Sun, 06 February 2005 10:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

Even if these cars didnt have a lot of power they could still beat a geo in a drift race because a drift is the fastes way through a turn. Anyone who thinks this is stupid should maybe learn more information before making themselves look like an idiot.

BAAAAAAAAA HAHA
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: rofl check out these comments on drift. Sun, 06 February 2005 10:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

Even if these cars didnt have a lot of power they could still beat a geo in a drift race because a drift is the fastes way through a turn. Anyone who thinks this is stupid should maybe learn more information before making themselves look like an idiot.

Looks like he proved his own point

dimmy77_03
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: rofl check out these comments on drift. Sun, 06 February 2005 10:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
4agte wrote on Sun, 06 February 2005 21:29

it is hard to imagine that anyone could be that stupid

very surprising...i wonder if these resposes are from the US Laughing
Nolan
Forums Junkie

November 2004
Re: rofl check out these comments on drift. Sun, 06 February 2005 11:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
omg i cant believe people are so ignorant...why would u commnet on something u no nothing about..its like me commenting on nuclear physics Razz

IDIOTS Razz

NOLAN
Chris Davey
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: rofl check out these comments on drift. Mon, 07 February 2005 08:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
This is some funny stuff. Laughing
fangsport
Regular

January 2004
Re: rofl check out these comments on drift. Mon, 07 February 2005 10:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Fr3aK wrote on Sun, 06 February 2005 21:05

"Pro240c"

what the hell kind of driving skill does drift involve? nothing a good rally/circuit/street racer can't do. it's just basic power induced oversteer.

drift is a "sport" for amateurs who don't have the balls to take it to the track and have to deal with that sh1t at 150kph+

Quote:

Sorry, but i found this offensive and responded in turn. When someone is so ignorant like that, it pisses me off.
Yes it was over the top, but that's how i felt at the time. Luckily we're all grown-ups and i'm over it now.

Come to think of it, i should've just laughed it off, but my "decide-o-meter" came up Twisted Evil .

what is so ignorant about those facts in the quote by Pro240?

i'm not bagging you , your reaction or drifters/drifter wannabees , but anyone with a car set-up for drifting and an amount of ability can link a few corners together. i'd like to see the reaction when you see in-car footage of some of the 'F Cup' rallying from Finland or any championship for that matter. drifting around a track you have practised on a million times (slight exageration!)is far easier than hurtling through a forest on a basic route book with blind corners/crests, trees ,ditches etc and doing it at speeds well in excess off the speeds these guys are sliding their cars at.
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: rofl check out these comments on drift. Mon, 07 February 2005 11:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i like the fact that these people are ignorent hill billys from the states. I feel safe in the knowledge that hicks like that wont try and take up drifting in their f350's.
Fr3aK
Regular

January 2005
Re: rofl check out these comments on drift. Mon, 07 February 2005 14:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
fangsport wrote on Mon, 07 February 2005 21:47

i'd like to see the reaction when you see in-car footage of some of the 'F Cup' rallying from Finland or any championship for that matter.

Umm... I've been to Finland and have had some passenger sessions through the lakeside forests there. Not in a WRC car, but the experience was authentic. There were no notes either, just pure instinct and adrenalin.

You get that being Finnish and all.

I love rallying, and have considered doing it myself several times. I have nothing against it. It just takes too much effort to do it right, for my budget anyhow.

As for my reaction to the Rally of Finland footage:
I laugh my arse off. They should really translate what the drivers are saying! Laughing

[Updated on: Mon, 07 February 2005 14:24]

bathurst-91
Forums Junkie

April 2004

Re: rofl check out these comments on drift. Mon, 07 February 2005 22:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
fangsport wrote on Mon, 07 February 2005 21:47

Fr3aK wrote on Sun, 06 February 2005 21:05

"Pro240c"

Quote:

i'm not bagging you , your reaction or drifters/drifter wannabees , but anyone with a car set-up for drifting and an amount of ability can link a few corners together. i'd like to see the reaction when you see in-car footage of some of the 'F Cup' rallying from Finland or any championship for that matter. drifting around a track you have practised on a million times (slight exageration!)is far easier than hurtling through a forest on a basic route book with blind corners/crests, trees ,ditches etc and doing it at speeds well in excess off the speeds these guys are sliding their cars at.

U 0bvious3ly d0nt watch initial d!

waits for furious replies.
Very Happy
Simon-AE86
Forums Junkie

Banned user

July 2002

Re: rofl check out these comments on drift. Tue, 08 February 2005 01:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sure anyone with some skill and a set up car could link some corners together. But it takes real skill to do it FAST and consistantly all the time, then more skill again to tandem with another car and stay door to door with them.

people who think its easy oviously havent tried it Wink
Fr3aK
Regular

January 2005
Re: rofl check out these comments on drift. Tue, 08 February 2005 02:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Some people just like comparing the world's best rally drivers to the every other average drifter.

Look, what ever you're interested in- Fun is fun. Who cares where is happens or what it's happening in.
fangsport
Regular

January 2004
Re: rofl check out these comments on drift. Tue, 08 February 2005 05:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bathurst, no i have never watched, nor am i racing to a video store to watch some fictional charecter in his AE86. woohoo, it has a cult following........so what.

simon, i do appreciate the skill level in drifting a car especially when you are 2-up, but a major component of the 'drift ' following think that a wee powerslide whilst exiting a corner is classified as a drift and they themselves a calling themselves 'drifters' cos they can get the back out.

fr3ak, i was not referring to the worlds best drivers in the worlds best cars, thats why i made specific reference to the 'F cup" rallying in Finland. mainly rwd,in forests with no notes going full chat,awesome.on a similar level to watching a decent drifter link up the entire length of the local racetrack or a local guy doing 'scandinavian flicks'at 100kp/h at the same track.it all about spectator value, and , because you don't have to trudge through forests to see cars going sideways at 1 minute intervals, is one of the things that make drifting such a popular spectator sport.
Fr3aK
Regular

January 2005
Re: rofl check out these comments on drift. Tue, 08 February 2005 10:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
fangsport wrote on Tue, 08 February 2005 16:32

'F cup" rallying in Finland. mainly rwd,in forests with no notes going full chat,awesome.

I'd say it's more scary. But in retrospect: it's awesome.

The 'F' in Fin stands for 'fucken crazy'. You've seen the 'F Cup', you'll back me up... Very Happy
UUP-46X
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: rofl check out these comments on drift. Wed, 09 February 2005 04:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Man this is GOLD!!

Quote:

photek u r a moron. if u followed drifting u would see that there are "yanky" cars. there are a couple vipers. the new GTO driven by an american. and soon the new mustang will be joining them. SO SHUT THE **** UP U DIPSHIT!

Quote:

The new GTO isnt driven by an american. Its actually driven by a European... An X-Rally champion... He beat Monkey Man, at last years D1 in irwindale.

This GTO they are talking about thats driven by the American or is that the european? Rolling Eyes It wouldn't actually be the one driven by New Zealands own Reece Millen, Rod Millens' son would it??? Razz Twisted Evil Those guys are a bunch of clown shoes!
-=DV=-
Regular

May 2004
Re: rofl check out these comments on drift. Wed, 09 February 2005 05:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bathurst-91 wrote on Sat, 05 February 2005 22:24

"WTF! Yeah, the driftings cool to watch, but I hope the race only lasts one lap, because they wouldnt have enough rubber left to do a second lap!!! Aussie V8 Supercars would go pass them in a heartbeat, without all the drifting. "

Ahh I love ignorance.

lol as do i...interesting point i know its not drift related..but i was watching some racing on fox the other week and they had wrx's and mr2s and gtfours and stuff racing around eastern creek...and they mentioned that the gtfours were lapping around 7-10 seconds a lap faster than the V8 supercars...how funnys that!...ive always looked at the so called V8 "super car" as nothing more than a glorified loud $200,000 family mover

-another point of interest....i only read the first post before replying lol

[Updated on: Wed, 09 February 2005 05:28]

bathurst-91
Forums Junkie

April 2004

Re: rofl check out these comments on drift. Thu, 10 February 2005 00:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
fangsport wrote on Tue, 08 February 2005 16:32

bathurst, no i have never watched, nor am i racing to a video store to watch some fictional charecter in his AE86. woohoo, it has a cult following........so what.

That was meant to be a sarcastic joke pertaining the hostility you hold towards drift, with a hint of sarcastic truth. I admire cup rally up there with the main types of motorsport I love (WRC, F1, JGTC, D1). With that said perhaps you should look into the history of drift (as in the japanese historyof it) more carefully.

A quick rundown... In the hills of Japan for the past 2 decades (or perhaps more) but more recently in the last decade amatuer drivers (and in some case professionals) have been having 'touge' runs against each other on mountain passes with fatal drop offs. (simply insane) It is a culture that no one would have ever heard of if it wasnt for an entertaining cartoon. This aside. Enter Keiichi Tsuchiya. A ciruit racer who earnt the nickname 'dorikin' (or drift king) because he actually used to do this (while leading) on certain corners to carry more entry speed (all to pretty much please the crowd). He won several circuit class cups in the AE86 years back. That aside, drift started to work its way into the mountain courses (and the touge races) for pure pleasure...

Imagine a WRC mountain course section. Take away the maps, make it exclusively at night and then add touge format. And you have the first steps of the birth of the "real" drift culture.

Incase your wondering Touge basically means a 2car race. No overtaking (because the courses were simply not wide enough). A driver would win buy leaving his opponent behind. So if your at the rear and you stick with the front driver its either considered a draw (then you swap positions and go again) or in some cases (sudden death) its called a loss to the front driver if the rear keeps up.

It began with a bunch of drivers who were out to have fun for themselves. And now its a big tournament in Japan known as D1. And as it spreads to Australia and certain groups of people jump on board who think its the next autosalon I totally understand that some of the older folk might think its a joke "a wank" or whatever. But dont let people who have stumbled from the autosalon "maccanats" crowd fool you with their "Im a s1k driftah" talk. If you get into the grit of it, you know who is there for what.

/endrant.
sorry that was a bit long.

[Updated on: Thu, 10 February 2005 00:03]

Clown
Forums Junkie

September 2002

Re: rofl check out these comments on drift. Thu, 10 February 2005 03:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well said!
fangsport
Regular

January 2004
Re: rofl check out these comments on drift. Thu, 10 February 2005 10:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
That was meant to be a sarcastic joke pertaining the hostility you hold towards drift, with a hint of sarcastic truth. I admire cup rally up there with the main types of motorsport I love (WRC, F1, JGTC, D1). With that said perhaps you should look into the history of drift (as in the japanese historyof it) more carefully.

i understand the history of it , but i can't for the life of me work out why people think that tossing a cars sideways pre-apex, is purely because of Keiichi and the crew in Japan, when the rally fratenity have been doing ever since at the day the MK1 esky and Datto's were caning the forests. as far as road position, car attitude and driving styles are concerned drifting and rallying are very similar, so why do people get so one-eyed about the techniques origins. rallying can't lay claim to the methods as they were more than likely borne out of necessity due to slippery conditions, truth be known, the techniques possibly were created in Scandinavia as a way of combating ice/snow/gravel on the way to Church on Sunday. who knows.

you read me wrong actually, i'm not hostile towards drift as a sport,how could i be when you consider that in it's current form it is a mixture of tarmac rallying and circuit racing.the bit that F#$ks me off is all the cling-on wannabees, who call themselves drifters 'cos they have the right stickers and wheels, who cause havoc on the streets but will never be seen on a practice or competition day.

bathurst-91
Forums Junkie

April 2004

Re: rofl check out these comments on drift. Thu, 10 February 2005 10:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Its just basically because of D1 the competition. I guess because the idea of it is so silly its originated in japan (the d1) and the cars we love are also from japan so its kind of a mixed love affair d1/japan/drift, guess its just a unique spin on things. Theyve turned it into an art and a sport.

Im not sure of where the actual birth of WRC occured or who choose to organise it. But Im sure there were some people back then who thought racing solo on a dirt track time-attack style compared to racing in competition with cars on track was a joke.

But WRC drivers are amongst the best in the world. Though I personally would consider them in the top group.

Cling on wannabes.. trust me I've seen this first hand in heartbreaking fashion... an ae86 riced up with a homemade sheet metal wing. It almost brought me to tears. But what can you do? Drift is appealing in many ways that is a truth, its just unfortunate that a certain group of people who find it appealing have become the streotype amongst the more tradional car lovers, to me however it will always be about japan and the way they write the script.

It's like hollywood bastardizing good novels in blockbuster trash movies.. its the inevitable. Nope

One last thing, if your ever at an event pay close attention to everyones driving style and then their attitude in the pits. You'll see what I mean.

[Updated on: Thu, 10 February 2005 10:33]

EldarO
Forums Junkie

December 2004
Re: rofl check out these comments on drift. Sat, 12 February 2005 05:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
UUP-46X wrote on Wed, 09 February 2005 12:52

This GTO they are talking about thats driven by the American or is that the european? Rolling Eyes It wouldn't actually be the one driven by New Zealands own Reece Millen, Rod Millens' son would it??? Razz Twisted Evil Those guys are a bunch of clown shoes!

Who the fuck is Reece Millen?
fangsport
Regular

January 2004
Re: rofl check out these comments on drift. Sat, 12 February 2005 05:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
EldarO wrote on Sat, 12 February 2005 18:12

UUP-46X wrote on Wed, 09 February 2005 12:52

Who the fuck is Reece Millen?

as stated above, he is Rod's son. Mazda rotary legend, toyota tuning extraordinaire.
EldarO
Forums Junkie

December 2004
Re: rofl check out these comments on drift. Sat, 12 February 2005 05:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
as far as i know, Rhys Millen is Rods only motor-orientated offspring, type-o?
fangsport
Regular

January 2004
Re: rofl check out these comments on drift. Sat, 12 February 2005 05:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
EldarO wrote on Sat, 12 February 2005 18:45

roger that, skippy
RWDboy
Forums Junkie

July 2002
Re: rofl check out these comments on drift. Sat, 12 February 2005 13:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

Im not sure of where the actual birth of WRC occured or who choose to organise it. But Im sure there were some people back then who thought racing solo on a dirt track time-attack style compared to racing in competition with cars on track was a joke.
Nope - actually rallying has been around about as long as circuit racing. Although the WRC is actually quite young (I think it started in the late 70's, I don't have the actual date on hand).

The reason drifting cops so much flak is because it isn't based on times - it's judged - which flies in the face of just about every other motorsport. Not that it isn't fast! One of the problems drifting does face is that it has to figure out how to survive as a motorsport despite the fact that road cars are sort of developing in a different direction to drift.
RWDboy
Forums Junkie

July 2002
Re: rofl check out these comments on drift. Sat, 12 February 2005 13:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'd also like to point out that technically drifting is not as fast as 'grip' driving. If you don't believe me, then go out on a race track do a whole bunch of laps both ways, grab a whole shitload of telemetry and then come back and prove me wrong Very Happy
Simon-AE86
Forums Junkie

Banned user

July 2002

Re: rofl check out these comments on drift. Sat, 12 February 2005 14:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
of course its not

but gaurenteed that there would be some drift cars out there like some D1 cars that would slide faster around a certain track then a similar stock car doing its fastest grip lap

Razz

RWDboy
Forums Junkie

July 2002
Re: rofl check out these comments on drift. Sat, 12 February 2005 23:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I don't see the telemetry Razz Yeah it does depend on the circuit too, plus I'm not saying that drifting is ridiculously slow we're talking about maybe a tenth of a second per kilometre given really really good driving either way.
nash_tz
Regular

April 2003
Re: rofl check out these comments on drift. Sun, 13 February 2005 00:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
This thread is almost as sad as this website: http://www.tougebattles.tk/

fangsport
Regular

January 2004
Re: rofl check out these comments on drift. Sun, 13 February 2005 06:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
FWDboy wrote on Sun, 13 February 2005 12:08

I don't see the telemetry Razz Yeah it does depend on the circuit too, plus I'm not saying that drifting is ridiculously slow we're talking about maybe a tenth of a second per kilometre given really really good driving either way.

is that fact or assumption?
ae86drift
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

August 2002

Re: rofl check out these comments on drift. Sun, 13 February 2005 07:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nash_tz wrote on Sun, 13 February 2005 11:52

This thread is almost as sad as this website: http://www.tougebattles.tk/

lol
RWDboy
Forums Junkie

July 2002
Re: rofl check out these comments on drift. Sun, 13 February 2005 07:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Assumption - the line taken for drifting is usually not ideal due to the amount of space on the road and the shape of a car about it's centre of gravity - hence a drift line is usually slower than the line taken by a non-oversteering car (depending on circuit and shape of the corner). Depends what you class as drifting, mild slip angle on corner entry can be ideal, but generally in drift competition that's not enough to earn you the title of 'drifting' as it appears to be more of a racing angle.

It also depends on what level of tyre tech you are talking about too Razz

I would say it would be very VERY difficult to match the pace of a race-lining car with a drift approach, and there would be very few circuits out there where over-steering through every corner is ideal.
fangsport
Regular

January 2004
Re: rofl check out these comments on drift. Sun, 13 February 2005 07:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
FWDboy wrote on Sun, 13 February 2005 20:03

Assumption - the line taken for drifting is usually not ideal due to the amount of space on the road and the shape of a car about it's centre of gravity - hence a drift line is usually slower than the line taken by a non-oversteering car (depending on circuit and shape of the corner). Depends what you class as drifting, mild slip angle on corner entry can be ideal, but generally in drift competition that's not enough to earn you the title of 'drifting' as it appears to be more of a racing angle.

It also depends on what level of tyre tech you are talking about too Razz

I would say it would be very VERY difficult to match the pace of a race-lining car with a drift approach, and there would be very few circuits out there where over-steering through every corner is ideal.

well said that man. now try telling those who think that 'drift' is faster than grip!!!!!

slip angle is very important in any cornering technique, but excess slip ,i.e 'drift' is slower.
turboke10
Occasional Poster

December 2004
Re: rofl check out these comments on drift. Sun, 13 February 2005 08:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
fangsport wrote:

My point exactly.

Most circuit drivers could set their car up to "oversteer badly" (not handle) and execute the same displays as a competent drifter. They would probably get bored of being slow after an hour or so and set the car up to actually go round a corner.
OK the D1 guys may be better at it, but the circuit racers would be closer to the front in drifting, than say if the average drifter tried his ar her hand at a club day in ipr.

I have come to the conclusion that drifting obviously has its place in Australia. Something I before didn't. (due to the growing popularity). But if someone actually tries to state that drifting is a fast way of going round a corner, I'll laugh myself to death.

I will admit that to the young masses, it probably looks "cool" or "fully sick". And it is for this reason I believe its popularity is growing.

I suppose one thing that sort of upsets me is that the people drifting, believe as I have seen in other discussions, that drifting is cheaper than other forms of motorsport. I saw quoted elsewhere that drifting is a display of the combination of drag, circuit(?), rally, and smash up derby?

Really! That sounds like an expensive exercise to me!!

People that believe that they have real talent behind the wheel (and Simon, you surely could be one of these), would be better off investing in a decent set up ip car, and running their local state series, and try to win that series! You never know, it could lead to higher forms of Motorsport, and one day you might get paid to drive!!!!!!!!

Kenneth

[Updated on: Sun, 13 February 2005 09:00]

ae86drift
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

August 2002

Re: rofl check out these comments on drift. Sun, 13 February 2005 09:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
circut racing is faster than drifting by far
but the point of drift isnt to get the best time.
RWDboy
Forums Junkie

July 2002
Re: rofl check out these comments on drift. Mon, 14 February 2005 02:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
turboke10 -> You really shouldn't comment on stuff you don't know much about. I think you should withdraw your comment about how a drift driver will not be as good a circuit racer, as a circuit racer would be a good drifter. As far as I'm concerned that's utter shit, and i'm not saying it's "the other way around" I'm saying that good solid car feel, skills, practise, time behind the wheel etc are required by both the good drifter and the good circuit racer. Within a short time either type of driver should be able to adapt to the different use of the car required for drifting or racing.

HOWEVER, at this stage drifting is still small in Australia so I can see how from your personal experience you might think otherwise - lots of the people in even club level circuit racing have had alot more time out on the track and behind the wheel than some of the drift lads have simply because the sport hasn't been around long.

One more thing

Could everyone please STFU with the drift vs. race shite already

I'm tired of 'arguing' about something that is paramount to discussing holden vs ford.
Bugman
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: rofl check out these comments on drift. Mon, 14 February 2005 02:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hahahaha

Quote:

Are you guys stupid? Its not a fake. Cars likt eh Silvia S15 and Skyline R34 has their seats and racing wheels on the right side. I dont even live in Japan and I know that. Stupid idiots and your American Ford Probes
UUP-46X
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: rofl check out these comments on drift. Mon, 14 February 2005 04:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
EldarO wrote on Sat, 12 February 2005 16:45

Yep spelt his name wrong, my bad.
ra23celica
Forums Junkie

November 2002
Re: rofl check out these comments on drift. Mon, 14 February 2005 04:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

Are you guys stupid? Its not a fake. Cars likt eh Silvia S15 and Skyline R34 has their seats and racing wheels on the right side. I dont even live in Japan and I know that. Stupid idiots and your American Ford Probes

Substitute 'Anal' for 'Ford' and you would have just about summed up perfectly the fun this thread started with originally and the direction this thread has been taken to now..... Smile
turboke10
Occasional Poster

December 2004
Re: rofl check out these comments on drift. Mon, 14 February 2005 12:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
FWDboy wrote on Mon, 14 February 2005 13:08

turboke10 -> You really shouldn't comment on stuff you don't know much about. I think you should withdraw your comment about how a drift driver will not be as good a circuit racer, as a circuit racer would be a good drifter. As far as I'm concerned that's utter shit, and i'm not saying it's "the other way around" I'm saying that good solid car feel, skills, practise, time behind the wheel etc are required by both the good drifter and the good circuit racer. Within a short time either type of driver should be able to adapt to the different use of the car required for drifting or racing.

HOWEVER, at this stage drifting is still small in Australia so I can see how from your personal experience you might think otherwise - lots of the people in even club level circuit racing have had alot more time out on the track and behind the wheel than some of the drift lads have simply because the sport hasn't been around long.

One more thing

Could everyone please STFU with the drift vs. race shite already

I'm tired of 'arguing' about something that is paramount to discussing holden vs ford.

FWD: Why would I retract it? I said it because I meant it. Maybe I have hit a nerve with you and that explains the huge font and uncouth suggestions? And to say that I don't know much about what I am commenting on? Well, I beg to differ.

Finally, you seem to be the all mighty advocate for "drifting here on these threads, and I find it amusing that you compare holden v ford debate as such. As far as IM CONCERNED, I didn't realise there WAS a Holden v Ford debate! I just thought that it was something bred into the lower classes of Australia.

Regards,
Kenneth
RWDboy
Forums Junkie

July 2002
Re: rofl check out these comments on drift. Tue, 15 February 2005 00:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'm not an advocate FOR drifting - I don't even compete in drift events my first love is rallying. However I am an advocate against anti-drifters Razz I've seen enough of these kind of debates on internet forums and most of them are just people trolling about their opinions. Now, you reckon uncouth? - I did say please didn't I ??? Laughing I just wanted to get attention so that explains the huge font and red text.

The Ford vs Holden thing is a good comparison because it's not really a debate, just like this isn't really a debate either - it's as bad as religion really, no one really backs their case with anything aside from postulation and some kind of faith in their own way.

You beg to differ that you know what you are talking about? Okay that's cool, so start backing your case with some facts and I'll gladly go out and get some facts for mine...hell I'm sure in your quest for facts you will probably prove yourself wrong saving me the effort.

As for something 'bred into the lower classes of Australia' - that comment just says it all about your attitude towards people with different interests. I mean I'm no V8 Supercar lover nor am I a lover of aussie 'muscle' cars, I think the series sucks nuts and the aussie muscle cars mostly suck nuts, but I don't judge the people who appreciate them and stick them in some box or category that is (judging by your inference) "beneath me". Wake up to the world man -> it's full of...wait for it.....people!
-=DV=-
Regular

May 2004
Re: rofl check out these comments on drift. Wed, 16 February 2005 01:39 Go to previous message
FWDboy wrote on Tue, 15 February 2005 11:56

I'm not an advocate FOR drifting - I don't even compete in drift events my first love is rallying. However I am an advocate against anti-drifters Razz I've seen enough of these kind of debates on internet forums and most of them are just people trolling about their opinions. Now, you reckon uncouth? - I did say please didn't I ??? Laughing I just wanted to get attention so that explains the huge font and red text.

The Ford vs Holden thing is a good comparison because it's not really a debate, just like this isn't really a debate either - it's as bad as religion really, no one really backs their case with anything aside from postulation and some kind of faith in their own way.

You beg to differ that you know what you are talking about? Okay that's cool, so start backing your case with some facts and I'll gladly go out and get some facts for mine...hell I'm sure in your quest for facts you will probably prove yourself wrong saving me the effort.

As for something 'bred into the lower classes of Australia' - that comment just says it all about your attitude towards people with different interests. I mean I'm no V8 Supercar lover nor am I a lover of aussie 'muscle' cars, I think the series sucks nuts and the aussie muscle cars mostly suck nuts, but I don't judge the people who appreciate them and stick them in some box or category that is (judging by your inference) "beneath me". Wake up to the world man -> it's full of...wait for it.....people!

AMEN!!
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:some sort of record?
Next Topic:ST205
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Fri May 3 20:51:20 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01089882850647 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.