Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Toobs
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

December 2002

Koni Sport External Adjustment Problem Mon, 14 February 2005 00:04 Go to next message
I've had Koni Sports installed on my ST185 for about 8 months now and they have been going great... until yesterday.

They have an external adjustment as most of you would probably know and they are normally set to about mid dampening level.
When I plan on going for a hard drive I usually turn them up 180 degress's and when I am going for a long highway cruise I usually turn them down 180 degrees.

Now just yesterday I was going to go for a bit of a drive and decided to turn them up 180... 3 of them I was able to turn up with no problems but the last one won't move.
I tried turning the one that wouldn't move the other way but it wouldn't go in either direction.

Now my question is... has anyone had this problem before?

I don't really want to try and force them (e.g. with bullnose pliers etc.) so I have only been using the plastic knob they come with but I turn the knob so hard that you can see the plastic twisting.

Do you reckon this shock just needs the internal adjustment reset or do you think its fudged?
Lucky Koni's have a lifetime warranty I suppose Very Happy
  Send a private message to this user    
1gt48u
Regular

April 2004
Re: Koni Sport External Adjustment Problem Mon, 14 February 2005 00:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Toobs wrote on Mon, 14 February 2005 11:04

3yrs unlimited warranty on konis toobs

cheers Very Happy
Toobs
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

December 2002

Re: Koni Sport External Adjustment Problem Mon, 14 February 2005 01:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
1gt48u wrote on Mon, 14 February 2005 11:52

Toobs wrote on Mon, 14 February 2005 11:04

3yrs unlimited warranty on konis toobs

cheers Very Happy

Not according to their website: http://www.koni-na.com/faq.cfm#10

Q: What is the KONI warranty? How do I go about getting replacements?

A: The KONI warranty is a lifetime warranty to the original purchaser against defects in materials and workmanship and against wear out for as long as you own that car registered for street use. The warranty does not cover damage to the parts caused by misuse, misapplication, installation, motorsports, etc. The warranty does not include mounting bushings. If you determine you have a defective damper you can either contact the company which you purchased the unit(s) from or contact KONI North America directly at warranty@koni-na.com or 859-586-4100. To process your warranty, we will require a copy of the purchase receipt and a vehicle registration. We will generate a return goods authorization (RGA) and can replace the dampers in advance at your discretion. For more specific information about the warranty see inside back cover of our technical guide.

1gt48u
Regular

April 2004
Re: Koni Sport External Adjustment Problem Mon, 14 February 2005 01:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
koni america may have a different warranty period to
koni aust

koni aust put a 3yr ulimited k's warranty

selling them everyday thats what they tell us

cheers Very Happy

Toobs
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

December 2002

Re: Koni Sport External Adjustment Problem Mon, 14 February 2005 02:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
BASTARDS!
1gt48u
Regular

April 2004
Re: Koni Sport External Adjustment Problem Mon, 14 February 2005 02:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
how old are they???
Toobs
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

December 2002

Re: Koni Sport External Adjustment Problem Mon, 14 February 2005 07:02 Go to previous message
Less than 1 year.
Problem is that I need them to lend me a shock so that I can swap them over and then drive back to drop them off the busted one.

I bought them through Whiteline... maybe if I'm nice they'll swap it over for me Very Happy
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Re: a fast paseo?
Next Topic:4AFC - 4AFE extractors
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Wed May 15 10:40:44 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0042259693145752 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.