Classifieds » Cars For Sale & Wanted » 84 ma61 Supra with 7mgte $5000 ono

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
mk27m
Regular

November 2003
84 ma61 Supra with 7mgte $5000 ono Sun, 13 February 2005 12:40 Go to next message
Due to new car purchase the Supra's got to go.

It's a 1984 ma61 5 speed Supra with a 7mgte 3.0l front mount intercooled turbo conversion.

I've already had the typical 7m blown head gasket problems and it now has a HKS metal head gasket and is decent strong engine and a lot of the work on it has been done by fours 'n more at pooraka.

Other pluses are a pod filter, an extreme clutches heavy duty clutch to take the power, and a full 3 inch stainless exhaust with high flow cat and high flow muffler worth $1300 alone.

Condition is pretty good all round for it's age, the interior is in reasonable condition with no major cracking or tears. The body is straight and basiclly rust free with original toyota deep red paint, only work required is the front bumper which i pulled off to respray due to bad stone chipping and never got around to finishing. I have all the parts and bought the paint so it should be a reasonably easy job to do yourself if you're keen.

It's got the original ma61 factory alloys with yokohama 245's all round for grip.

This is one quick car for it's age - it's got 139rw/kw and has pulled a 14.3 on the 1/4 mile and has had thousands spent on it so i'm asking $5000 or very close offer. Even all the parts for a conversion like this from an importer and the exhaust alone would be worth close to that.

The car's located in Adelaide and has rego til april.

My mobile is 0413 33 33 22 if you have any queries or you can post or PM online.

I'll add photo's in the next couple of days when i get a chance.

Drew.
  Send a private message to this user    
chrisma70
Regular

November 2004
Re: 84 ma61 Supra with 7mgte $5000 ono Sun, 13 February 2005 14:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
interesting got some pics ! plz put em up
blackRA28
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: 84 ma61 Supra with 7mgte $5000 ono Sun, 13 February 2005 15:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey mate, i could be quite interested in this car..
have had a few offers for my car lately and thinking about upgrading to newer vehicle with turbo, been contemplating imports or usual common rx7s/nissans, but i want to stay toyota if i can seeing i have had most of my experience with my celica.

do you have any cop trouble in this car? is it very loud when not boosting? ie can u drive it around kinda quietish in low revs or does the 3" keep a fairly solid rumble?
has it been thru regency?
if it had to, would the 7mgte be legal with standard brakes? is there a simple upgrade for front rotors/calipers if one had to accomodate for extra power requirements at regency?

Is there any other major mods to suspension components? interior? diff/gearbox? fuel system? or is it basically back to sleeper-look red ma61 with manic boost?
does it handle well
Does it have a stereo at all? Alarm/immobiliser/locks/ sun roof?

I dont wana make u go into the whole story of the car because i know how much work goes into conversions (my ra28 engine swap ended up becoming an almost complete rebuild of the whole car for best part of a year), But was just curious what has been done to the motor since putting it in? u say the h/g went like in most M-series motors, were the internals inspected at that point? any other work done to the motor then?

oh and is any rust forming? im just not familiar with Supra bodies hardly at all but am quite interested in maybe owning one, being a celica ra28 owner for the last few years.. so sorry for the twenty questions too, jsut dont think ive been in a MK2 supra before at all, but it would be a good upgrade from a EFI 18RG celica ra28 without having to do the extra work making the ra28 motor turbo..

hit me up a few pics wheneva u can,
guy.corkindale@gmail.com

cheers heaps,
catchya

Guy
Evil_Foetus
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: 84 ma61 Supra with 7mgte $5000 ono Mon, 14 February 2005 01:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sounds good!

pictures to ryley@netconnect.com.au would be great Very Happy

also, does the stock tacho work? who did the wiring, is it the stock ecu? is it just running the stock boost?

how many kms does car and engine have? is it engineered? RWC?

thanks Smile
quite interested Very Happy

[Updated on: Mon, 14 February 2005 01:43]

bbaacchhyy
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: 84 ma61 Supra with 7mgte $5000 ono Mon, 14 February 2005 01:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sounds like a good deal.

Mine cost me $4.9k as an auto, so if already 5 speed, saves the hassle.

Buy it and sell yours and the conversion is already done !!!!

Willing to have a look at if for you if you wish

Cheers

Michael B
042 111 9249
mk27m
Regular

November 2003
Re: 84 ma61 Supra with 7mgte $5000 ono Mon, 14 February 2005 03:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I've taken pic's but they're more than the 100k limit allowed on toymods so i have to figure out a way to edit them then i'll post them asap, but i've emailed them to people who requested photo's.

In response to questions:

- I specificly got a quiet 3 inch exhaust to avoid the wrong sort of attention.

- Never been pulled over in this car in the couple of years since it's been running. It looks stock as rock, only thing that needs fixing is the front bumper. I've been through a couple of rbt's and a roadside roadworthness check and they haven't even blinked.

- Hasen't been through regency, i did put in an application to modify with Transport SA and got the statement of requirements which include:

-Work is carried out to accepted automotive engineering practises

-Meets requirements of the road traffic act.

-All emission parts are fitted and the vehicle has had emission testing done.

-The engine isn't modified beyond standard.

-Has a catalytic converter and an unleaded fuel filler. (Both Fitted)

-There's no metion of having to upgrade the brakes. (it's already 4 wheel disc's all round.)

- The rest of the car is stock suspension/interior, it handles good but not great, nothing a performance suspension upgrade wouldn't fix.

- It has a basic CD stereo running off a sansui 150x4way amp with pioneer front speakers only.

- No alarm/sunroof etc.

- The stock digital dash works completly including the tacho, which has an msd tach adaptor fitted to convert the impedience of the signal from the new engine to that which the elctronic tacho can read.

- Has the stock 7mgte ecu fitted, fours 'n more at pooraka did the wiring.

- Running stock boost.

- The work for the head gasket was done by fours 'n more at pooraka. When they did the work they refaced the head and draw filed the block for a good finish, and apartently the internals are in good condition. For more details you could try and call them, ask them about Andrew Duval red ma61, rego usu 701.

- The only rust i'm aware of is a small amount forming next to the fuel door, it's only tiny and hasen't broken through the paint.

- It's done 264 000k's. I have the original books and everything, It's spent all it's life is SA.

- Evil foetus: we don't have rwc's in sa like you do in victoria, if you bought it i imagine you'd have to get it done over there somewhere.

Hope this helps, as i said any questions or if you want to have a look feel free to call me on 0413 33 33 22, i'm located at St. Marys in adelaide. (near marion shopping centre.)

Drew.
Evil_Foetus
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: 84 ma61 Supra with 7mgte $5000 ono Mon, 14 February 2005 04:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
awesome, got the pictures, questions answered Very Happy

im about to send you a pm Very Happy
blackRA28
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: 84 ma61 Supra with 7mgte $5000 ono Mon, 14 February 2005 06:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yep same
Evil_Foetus
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: 84 ma61 Supra with 7mgte $5000 ono Mon, 14 February 2005 07:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
blackRA28 wrote on Mon, 14 February 2005 17:48

yep same

lol it looks like we're having a race Laughing Laughing
Spence
Regular

January 2005
Re: 84 ma61 Supra with 7mgte $5000 ono Mon, 14 February 2005 07:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
pm sent
chrisma70
Regular

November 2004
Re: 84 ma61 Supra with 7mgte $5000 ono Mon, 14 February 2005 12:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
car looks a little um .. dont know the word thanks for the photos not very interested anymore.. if u are willing to drop the price and no one buys it i might consider..thanks anyway man g/l with the sale
mk27m
Regular

November 2003
Re: 84 ma61 Supra with 7mgte $5000 ono Tue, 15 February 2005 05:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sorry you didn't like the pics mate, it's exactly as i said it was, stock apart from the 7mgte conversion, don't know what you were expecting - it is a 20 year old car.

Drew.
blackRA28
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: 84 ma61 Supra with 7mgte $5000 ono Wed, 16 February 2005 01:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Evil_Foetus wrote on Mon, 14 February 2005 18:01

yep same

Hehe if u say so!!

but ive got the hometown advantage, plus he only lives a few suburbs over from me... Cool

i guess ur the underdog,
bbaacchhyy
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: 84 ma61 Supra with 7mgte $5000 ono Wed, 16 February 2005 02:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
blackRA28 wrote on Wed, 16 February 2005 12:14

yep same

Hehe if u say so!!

but ive got the hometown advantage, plus he only lives a few suburbs over from me... Cool

i guess ur the underdog,

So do I, and I'm helping Ryley Shocked
Evil_Foetus
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: 84 ma61 Supra with 7mgte $5000 ono Wed, 16 February 2005 06:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bbaacchhyy wrote on Wed, 16 February 2005 13:08

blackRA28 wrote on Wed, 16 February 2005 12:14

yep same

Hehe if u say so!!

i guess ur the underdog,

So do I, and I'm helping Ryley Shocked

Very Happy

big thanks to michael for the help.

the car is certainly strumming up a fair bit of interest though aye? Laughing
blackRA28
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: 84 ma61 Supra with 7mgte $5000 ono Wed, 16 February 2005 08:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
fair enough guys, i guess its two against one..

im sure you will love the car and good luck with it Smile

hey doesnt ur sig say u already have a supra ma61?
why dont u do that one up in NSW instead of buying a second one from SA?
Evil_Foetus
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: 84 ma61 Supra with 7mgte $5000 ono Wed, 16 February 2005 10:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey mate, i mightn't have the money, or the car mightn't be for me, i won't necessarily get it, theres lots of factors... Very Happy don't get disheartened Smile

my sister is coming up for her licence, and she wants a supra, so she may just get mine and ill buy a new one..a red one with a 7mgte Evil or Very Mad ... maybe...

Smile

[Updated on: Wed, 16 February 2005 12:07]

mk27m
Regular

November 2003
Re: 84 ma61 Supra with 7mgte $5000 ono Wed, 16 February 2005 10:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'll knock a couple of hundred off if you guys fight to the death for it Very Happy

Drew.
Evil_Foetus
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: 84 ma61 Supra with 7mgte $5000 ono Wed, 16 February 2005 12:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
going by your avatar, how was the car at 217 km/h? Evil or Very Mad

ryley
mk27m
Regular

November 2003
Re: 84 ma61 Supra with 7mgte $5000 ono Wed, 16 February 2005 12:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
What's the definintion of multi talented? Being able to drive AND take a photograph at the same time Evil or Very Mad

She goes ok, life tends to whiz past rather, um, quickly at 200+k's, although that doesn't quite sum up what it's like too well. That's not the top speed either, hehe, i'm sure you can use your imagination.

Drew.
Yian
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

August 2004
Re: 84 ma61 Supra with 7mgte $5000 ono Wed, 16 February 2005 12:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Damn. I have yet to break the 200km/h. I just get too scared. I wont do it on any roads that even remotely get cars on it. And on the roads that are deserted... there are just too many unforseen bumps...
chrisma70
Regular

November 2004
Re: 84 ma61 Supra with 7mgte $5000 ono Thu, 17 February 2005 14:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ok me changes mind lets make this a 3 way battle royale !! im back in the game and have changed my mind...can u let me know if this engine thing has reciepts or approval ? might be in the thread but cant read it all too tired... also with the front bar whats goin on there is it missing ?? plus can i come and have a look at it on the weekend plz very temped i loved my old 84 supra and i want another one wanna see it click this link

WHY DID I SELL THAT ! god have mercy on my soul

anyways let me know !

Chris
chrisma70
Regular

November 2004
Re: 84 ma61 Supra with 7mgte $5000 ono Thu, 17 February 2005 14:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ok me changes mind lets make this a 3 way battle royale !! im back in the game and have changed my mind...can u let me know if this engine thing has reciepts or approval ? might be in the thread but cant read it all too tired... also with the front bar whats goin on there is it missing ?? plus can i come and have a look at it on the weekend plz very temped i loved my old 84 supra and i want another one wanna see it click this link

http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/418867

WHY DID I SELL THAT ! god have mercy on my soul Embarassed

anyways let me know !

Chris
Evil_Foetus
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: 84 ma61 Supra with 7mgte $5000 ono Fri, 18 February 2005 01:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
drew, you have a pm Very Happy
bbaacchhyy
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: 84 ma61 Supra with 7mgte $5000 ono Fri, 18 February 2005 01:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go Ryley Go !!!!!
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: 84 ma61 Supra with 7mgte $5000 ono Fri, 18 February 2005 01:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go Ryley go! Very Happy
ZZT231
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

May 2002
Re: 84 ma61 Supra with 7mgte $5000 ono Fri, 18 February 2005 03:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go with a dream, well as far as your wallet can go Smile
mk27m
Regular

November 2003
Re: 84 ma61 Supra with 7mgte $5000 ono Fri, 18 February 2005 06:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
And the winner by a nose is ryley! Thanks for the interest guys but ryley made an offer today so consider the car sold.

Thanks,

Drew.
Evil_Foetus
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: 84 ma61 Supra with 7mgte $5000 ono Fri, 18 February 2005 06:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go Ryley Go! Very Happy

Cheers all.
Yian
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

August 2004
Re: 84 ma61 Supra with 7mgte $5000 ono Fri, 18 February 2005 06:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
WOOT!! Nice one Ryley.
chrisma70
Regular

November 2004
Re: 84 ma61 Supra with 7mgte $5000 ono Fri, 18 February 2005 10:32 Go to previous message
wat was the offer can we double it ??.. well done have fun in it..looks like im goin to nissan Sad
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:1JZ Cressi Cheap! broken motor
Next Topic:magna 93- 94 v6 $3500 ono
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Tue Apr 23 06:11:25 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0077588558197021 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.