Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Alchemist
Forums Junkie

January 2003
Old Pac Run Video Sat, 12 February 2005 12:15 Go to next message
Hi Guys,

Well my favourite road of all time is The Old Pac.

A little while ago I attempted to strap a tripod into my SW20 and go for a little drive.....

http://members.iinet.net.au/~warrenh/oldpac/oldpac _comp.wmv

Anyway the result is a video giving people who have never driven the old pac an idea of what the road is like, the scenery etc...

It's 4m30s long and winds out at around 28Mb, just trying to keep OK video quality & colours. It's not compressed with DivX yet, just Windows Encoder 9, so as long as you have Windows Media Player it'll work.

Anyway download it and tell me what you think!

http://members.iinet.net.au/~warrenh/oldpac/oldpac _comp.wmv

[Updated on: Sun, 13 February 2005 06:01]

Send a private message to this user    
ZZT231
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

May 2002
Re: Old Pac Run Video Sat, 12 February 2005 12:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
It's a bit long for my liking... But that was OK... for my PC the picture/video was a bit dark...

Cheers.
Alchemist
Forums Junkie

January 2003
Re: Old Pac Run Video Sun, 13 February 2005 05:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yea it is a little dark, but that's the problem with filming some of it at 7:30pm Sad , I got bored one evening and just played around a little....Just got a new editing program and tinkered.

It's not sposed to be some crazy dorifto movie, just give some interstate people an idea what the Old Pac looks like.
muzzi
Regular

December 2004
Re: Old Pac Run Video Sun, 13 February 2005 07:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i *LOVE* that road Very Happy

Nice video, very well done imho Very Happy

puzzle man
Forums Junkie

Official Cruise Dude

March 2004
Re: Old Pac Run Video Sun, 13 February 2005 07:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cool vid dude NOW PUT THE CAM IN THE FRONT BAR Evil or Very Mad
BlackSupra
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: Old Pac Run Video Sun, 13 February 2005 09:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Pac run + E + Sunglasses = that video clip
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Old Pac Run Video Sun, 13 February 2005 09:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Video needed more akshun! But, I thought the first bit was cool. Nice build up. Now, to find roads like that around Perth.
Nolan
Forums Junkie

November 2004
Re: Old Pac Run Video Sun, 13 February 2005 11:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
very well done dude

the start was awesome

congrats dude

NOLAN
TurboRA28
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Old Pac Run Video Mon, 14 February 2005 03:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Its ashame they have almost finished wrecking the old pac in my opinion with the shitty new surface they are laying on it.

A year or 2 back they did sections of it in a loose gravel type finish and just promoted stone chips and poor traction. It took over 6 months for all the loose stones to get moved off the road.

Now the dickheads are at it again covering another part of the old pac in this horrible surface. I dont see what was wrong with the old surface it was so much better.

Have to wait another 6 months before I can go along it without ending up with 101 stone chips..

/end rant.
Alchemist
Forums Junkie

January 2003
Re: Old Pac Run Video Mon, 14 February 2005 07:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'll agree that it does need more akshun Very Happy Sadly my licence/car isn't the one to procure that, and driving on your own isn't terribly interesting. The movie covers the main bits of the Old Pac.

- The Start
- Exit to the twisties
- The Twisties
- The Bridge
- Road Warriors Cafe
- More twisties
- The Straight
- The Car Park

Smile

I admit I really like the start, I should film it in better light next time...
BlackSupra
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: Old Pac Run Video Mon, 14 February 2005 08:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ive got an idea where we can setup that tripod and show the road for its true worth.
IRA11Y
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002

Re: Old Pac Run Video Mon, 14 February 2005 09:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Not bad at all apart from bieng a bit dark... really liked the music.. whos was it?
Benjamin
Forums Junkie

January 2004
Re: Old Pac Run Video Mon, 14 February 2005 10:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Remake!!!
Let me know the next time you go out that way and I will come along. Maybe two MR2's will give some more "spirited" driving.

How did you set up the tripod?

Does the camera have a normal mount? I could set up a second tripod in my car and we could switch the camera over at different parts... Very Happy

[Updated on: Mon, 14 February 2005 10:42]

muzzi
Regular

December 2004
Re: Old Pac Run Video Mon, 14 February 2005 10:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Benjamin wrote on Mon, 14 February 2005 21:41

Remake!!!
Let me know the next time you go out that way and I will come along. Maybe two MR2's will give some more "spirited" driving.

Does the camera have a normal mount? I could set up a second tripod in my car and we could switch the camera over at different parts... Very Happy

I am up for that too Very Happy 3 MR2s Very Happy

Les
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Old Pac Run Video Mon, 14 February 2005 10:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
good show man ... the start is great, but it is lacking wheel spin though ...

hook more of these vids up .. ! Very Happy
Lucid
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Toymods Club Secretary

May 2002
Re: Old Pac Run Video Mon, 14 February 2005 11:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
muzzi wrote on Mon, 14 February 2005 21:44

Remake!!!

Me too Very Happy Had a ball last time I did that drive with Nathan & Benjamin.. Started stripping down an old headrest last weekend to make a camera mount up to sit in the top of my passenger seat.. Add one more to the filming team if you're going to do another run Smile
muzzi
Regular

December 2004
Re: Old Pac Run Video Mon, 14 February 2005 11:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Lucid wrote on Mon, 14 February 2005 22:02

Me too Very Happy Had a ball last time I did that drive with Nathan & Benjamin.. Started stripping down an old headrest last weekend to make a camera mount up to sit in the top of my passenger seat.. Add one more to the filming team if you're going to do another run Smile

I have a 50% share in a nice digicam, so I could help with filming.
I have no plans to make any braces up or anything, so the filming will be done by gf, but you never know, it might come up good Smile

4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: Old Pac Run Video Mon, 14 February 2005 11:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Lucid wrote on Mon, 14 February 2005 22:02

muzzi wrote on Mon, 14 February 2005 21:44

Remake!!!

You can add another im up for it have a camcorder aswell.
Alchemist
Forums Junkie

January 2003
Re: Old Pac Run Video Mon, 14 February 2005 11:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
OK this definately sounds like a fun weekend. We need to set some times!

Toymods, The Movie!

Hows this sunday? Or the Sunday after?

I have a nice SD 3CCD Sony I can grab from work for the event for some around car shots, at the start, since I seem to be able to get the story bit of it filmed nicely, there is a few particular corners where I could setup with a tripod also....

If we stopped at a few bits along the way we could get some good driveby action. I'll leave it to you guys to get the incar footage.

1RALLY : Music was The Crystal Method, Album : Vegas, Track : High Roller.

Ben : I mounted a normal tripod in the car, and tied it down with string Laughing I took one corner too hard and it was loose all the way to the end, I had to keep propping it up with my hand.

I'm seriously interested in doing this! I'm not sure how big you want to make it, even if it's only a few cars I'd be happy. So who's in? Will give me a chance to figure out Sony Vegas a little more(editing program I'm using at the moment...), I've always got Adobe Premier to fall back on, but I reckon Vegas is a better product!

[Updated on: Mon, 14 February 2005 11:34]

finney
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: Old Pac Run Video Mon, 14 February 2005 13:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
man i'm in like nothing else, a few people here know my love of this stretch of road. i'll agree with TurboRA28
and say that the resurfacing towards peats ridge is shocking and is actually a step back from the original surface Crying or Very Sad

nathan let me know when you plan on doing this as i will definately be in. my only concern is the fact that on the weekends there are lots of bikes on the road and i don't like going up there on sat/sun is that it is predominantly bike territory and i have decent amount of respect for bike riders.
although if it must be done then so be it i'll be there Very Happy
Chris Davey
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: Old Pac Run Video Mon, 14 February 2005 20:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
just a tip: but I have seen people use tripods with copius amounts of duct tape to dash and head rest during a skidpan day and it worked very well.

Just an idea Smile
muzzi
Regular

December 2004
Re: Old Pac Run Video Mon, 14 February 2005 20:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I am all for this sunday as I am always busy and cannot ever tell you want I am doing ahead of time except for this weekend! I am free! Very Happy

Damnit I wish I had some phat wheels to show off my car with Very Happy We will have to re-do this when I get moneys Very Happy Laughing

[Updated on: Mon, 14 February 2005 20:57]

TurboRA28
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Old Pac Run Video Mon, 14 February 2005 22:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
This idea for camera mount works quite well Smile

http://img118.exs.cx/img118/7311/cameramount0rk.jpg

Tested it out the other day and was happy with results.

I'd be up for a old pac run/movie making session.

Cheers
Joel
THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: Old Pac Run Video Mon, 14 February 2005 23:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
for anyone that has a decent DVC which has a video line INPUT, i have a shedload of CCD cameras at my disposal which i can mount to front and rear bars of a car, along with a selection switch.

That way you have in car, front bar, and rear bar action!!

bring that all home, add some mad-arse musico, and BURN BABY BURN... to dvd.

I'd be up for it. The pimp is no good on the old pac... the knock control goes spastic far too much.
TurboRA28
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Old Pac Run Video Mon, 14 February 2005 23:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mine has a analog input?
http://panasonic.com.au/products/details.cfm?objec tID=728
CLG
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

December 2002
Re: Old Pac Run Video Tue, 15 February 2005 01:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I have a new Cannon DVC, and will happily sit shotgun if this runs next week sometime?! Also have a mate with a Sony DVC coming over with me too.
finney
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: Old Pac Run Video Tue, 15 February 2005 02:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well i'm in for sure, weather permitting of course.

where and when will we meet for this?
thornleigh maccas? mobil at berowra?
Bugman
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Old Pac Run Video Tue, 15 February 2005 02:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
man I downloaded it expecting some exciting video...
it's like a sunday drive my mother does Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
muzzi
Regular

December 2004
Re: Old Pac Run Video Tue, 15 February 2005 03:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
finney wrote on Tue, 15 February 2005 13:42

well i'm in for sure, weather permitting of course.

where and when will we meet for this?
thornleigh maccas? mobil at berowra?

I vote thornleigh maccas Smile

Time? Very Happy
puzzle man
Forums Junkie

Official Cruise Dude

March 2004
Re: Old Pac Run Video Tue, 15 February 2005 03:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey my camera tripod gos good in the back seat of my car using the middle seat belt. can Any one host a small quick time movie for me? PLEASE got one of me going in the royal national park.
muzzi
Regular

December 2004
Re: Old Pac Run Video Tue, 15 February 2005 03:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
puzzle man wrote on Tue, 15 February 2005 14:03

hey my camera tripod gos good in the back seat of my car using the middle seat belt. can Any one host a small quick time movie for me? PLEASE got one of me going in the royal national park.

The royal national park as in the one near stanwell tops?

I love that drive Very Happy And want to see this video Smile

puzzle man
Forums Junkie

Official Cruise Dude

March 2004
Re: Old Pac Run Video Tue, 15 February 2005 03:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yes it is. its just a short video 1:22 min but its OK. so can some one host it for me?
BlackSupra
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: Old Pac Run Video Tue, 15 February 2005 06:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Clint bring ur camera, witzl get me some front bar camera love and lets get some akshun.
IRA11Y
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002

Re: Old Pac Run Video Tue, 15 February 2005 08:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
awwww bugger im not gona be able to make it otherwise thered be another car and camera... the latest bundle is about to drop any day now so that means no going more than 5kms from home Sad

EDIT: hey Karl, how much for one of those small colour ccd's ?

[Updated on: Tue, 15 February 2005 08:18]

Alchemist
Forums Junkie

January 2003
Re: Old Pac Run Video Tue, 15 February 2005 09:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Joel, that mount is awesome, very nice job, simple & very effective, I bet that doesn't fall over Very Happy

Bugman : That Sunday driving is the speed limit unfortunately, my licence at the moment doesn't really permit me to enjoy myself much Confused

Finney : I know there are always bikes on Sat/Sunday. I have much respect for the bikes, as they are a hellava lot faster and they also love the road we do. I reckon we can work around them, and get some awesome bike footage too.

Witzl : Cameras sound awesome, if you cant make it yourself, maybe I could drop by your place and borrow them for the weekend, use Glen's Supra as insurance Laughing

At the moment I'd pencil this in for this Sunday(20th Feb), depending on the weather report from the bom.gov.au which doesn't have a finitive Sunday forcast yet, not that they are always right but....

I'll drive up on Saturday and scout out some possies setup on, maybe if we have 2 stops which would give me a chance to get ahead of you guys and setup a roadside shot a few times.

Also what's peoples take on time, if we go early, like 7am there isn't going to be a lot of traffic on the road, if you are like me 7am is an rather nasty hour to be up on, on Sunday, but the empty road may be worth it?

Or we could just go at like 10 or 11 and see what happens....

Who's free this Sunday?

This is sounding good Smile Should we try to keep this Toymodish(without making this an official event) only so we dont have lots of d*ckheads turn up we have a similar fate to a certain Hot4's cruise a little while back.

Thoughts, more ideas?

[Updated on: Tue, 15 February 2005 12:47]

puzzle man
Forums Junkie

Official Cruise Dude

March 2004
Re: Old Pac Run Video Tue, 15 February 2005 10:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hay guys Michael put this up 4 me thanks buddy Cool Cool
http://ira11y.qnix.com.au/nashanal010.mov

tell me if it works and hope u like.

[Updated on: Tue, 15 February 2005 10:48]

Alchemist
Forums Junkie

January 2003
Re: Old Pac Run Video Tue, 15 February 2005 11:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nice movie puzzleman! I'm amazed your gf(who's name eludes me at the moment) lets you drive like that with her in the car, mine would kill me Smile It's a nice stable mount you have too, doesn't fall over like mine Laughing

Try using DivX or Windows Media Encoder(both free) when you compress your vids next, you get more compression for your buck(I reckon you could get that down to < 10Mb). That is unless you use a Mac, in which case quicktime is perfect.
muzzi
Regular

December 2004
Re: Old Pac Run Video Tue, 15 February 2005 11:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
puzzle man wrote on Tue, 15 February 2005 21:46

hay guys Michael put this up 4 me thanks buddy Cool Cool
http://ira11y.qnix.com.au/nashanal010.mov

tell me if it works and hope u like.

I installed quicktime just for you Smile I love it!!
Alchemist
Forums Junkie

January 2003
Re: Old Pac Run Video Tue, 15 February 2005 13:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
OK I've made this into a cruise thread. It's happening this Sunday. See

http://forums.toymods.org.au/index.php?t=msg&t h=59849&start=0&rid=1883&S=5f05958b3be 808757af596c5394820b4
mikey93
Regular

December 2004
Re: Old Pac Run Video Tue, 15 February 2005 13:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
THE WITZL wrote on Tue, 15 February 2005 10:21

for anyone that has a decent DVC which has a video line INPUT, i have a shedload of CCD cameras at my disposal which i can mount to front and rear bars of a car, along with a selection switch.

That way you have in car, front bar, and rear bar action!!

bring that all home, add some mad-arse musico, and BURN BABY BURN... to dvd.

I'd be up for it. The pimp is no good on the old pac... the knock control goes spastic far too much.

i wouldn't mind a few witzl,

could i have one on the dash/speedo? where would that mount.

i carry around my powerbook so i can dump them right onto hdd. could you pm a setup on how much 2/3 ccd's would cost also maybe a usb video input you guys have at jaycar would be cool too
puzzle man
Forums Junkie

Official Cruise Dude

March 2004
Re: Old Pac Run Video Tue, 15 February 2005 21:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hay dude my camera all ready makes it in 2 quick time when i put it on the PC
puzzle man
Forums Junkie

Official Cruise Dude

March 2004
Re: Old Pac Run Video Tue, 15 February 2005 21:52 Go to previous message
Alchemist wrote on Tue, 15 February 2005 22:23

Nice movie puzzleman! I'm amazed your gf(who's name eludes me at the moment) lets you drive like that with her in the car, mine would kill me Smile It's a nice stable mount you have too, doesn't fall over like mine Laughing

Try using DivX or Windows Media Encoder(both free) when you compress your vids next, you get more compression for your buck(I reckon you could get that down to < 10Mb). That is unless you use a Mac, in which case quicktime is perfect.

o and my gf name (which is my fiance not gf) name is Cassie.
it was not that fast she don't like it 2 fast Laughing
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Helicoil
Next Topic:Another what's it worth thread...
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Fri May 10 05:29:10 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.012279033660889 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.